• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Wait for Pokémon HOME on Scarlet and Violet Is a Disgrace

I know the feeling, as my boxes in Violet are clogged up in Shinies, Vivillon, and Surprise Trade results that I just want to send to HOME, and there's some GO-imported Pokémon that are not in SwSh or PLA that I really want to evolve. And given the Remote Raid Pass controversy, there's a chance that the update will come too late to mass-catch non-Fancy/Paldean Vivillon for trading (and unclogging) purposes in the possible event that GO shuts down.

You must remember that BDSP also waited six months to be able to connect with HOME, being released in November 2021 and the update coming in May 2022. For SV, they said a "Spring 2023" release date, so it won't be considered overdue until late June when NH Summer kicks off. I'm still confident of a release sometime this month if we're seeing a pattern.

How about people learn to have patience. SV already has enough bugs as-is. I don't want to see what effects rushing Home might have on it.
Eh fair point. I'm still surprised that out of ALL the bugs and glitches in Scarlet and Violet they chose not to fix the one that erases players' save files oh but that's not important let's fix the minor ones. I mean what were they thinking? Perhaps there weren't enough complaints in regards to the problem for them to actually address it. For those who don't know what I'm talking about this was mentioned on YouTube:

Most of my friends who own Scarlet and Violet haven't had their save files being automatically erased out of nowhere due to a bug or glitch. Serebii apparently didn't update it on their official website either which would've been under their Patch & Updates section. I still feel for my friend who lost his save file on his original copy of Pokémon Crystal for the Game Boy Color but that was due to age.

Last edited:
I’m definitely disappointed with how Home was handled. There are pokemon I want to use for the final portion of the post game. Spring is going to be over soon.

I don't think anyone was able to intentionally recreate the wipe-out glitch, and only a handful of players were affected. I've encountered many glitches myself, including one that freezes raiding and another that sends my character out-of-bounds, but nothing that forced me to reset the game.

Delay SV being able to connect to HOME because of the glitches, or update HOME to allow the connection before the June 20 deadline in spite of the glitches (and possibly discover more)? Both options will anger people; the former because they don't want to wait much longer to send their Wydeer to Paldea, the latter because the game is still unpolished after several updates.

And people dare ask me why do i think the last handful of games feel incredibly rushed. It's because they are.

And no, it's not because the Switch can't handle the game, much better looking games with more content are on the Switch and they have hardly any issues.

These games set a very large impression that nothing really went well-planned with Gen 9. I'm not particularly surprised about this wait, nor have I decided to get these games, but It's really depressing to watch everyone suffer through it.

Legends Arceus could have easily held the franchise for long enough for Scarlet and Violet to get its proper development time and come out actually finished. And this is made even easier by the existence of DLC, smaller chunks of content that the anime and merch can use to give more development time for the main titles.

Now we have situations like these where stuff that normally comes out reasonably fast have to be delayed because the games are getting less and less development time due to strict deadlines, solely because either Nintendo or Gamefreak think they need a pokemon mainline game to be in every holiday season.

I would legit wait like an extra year or two while the new game gets DLC to hold people until the next game over the current business practice because their current practice just leads to games clearly rushed and unfinished.

The anime already had so many fillers shoved throughout Gen 8 as well. Although it left people not as interested as with previous generations, it was enough to fill in until the Masters 8. With the anime shifting to a brand new era in this current time, it was possible for the Pokemon anime to have held off Gen 9 anime with random episodes continuing Journeys or Ash's special season, maybe even more to expand on Ash and getting him what most people wanted him to have like a legendary, mythical, chance with Serena, etc. Worst case scenario, I'm not sure what's wrong with just pushing the merchandise and anime to be released before the games come out. It'd make them more profit anyway and if they announced to everyone that they're delaying to spend more time polishing their games, I'm sure many people would find that respectable at this point.

Legends Arceus could have easily held the franchise for long enough for Scarlet and Violet to get its proper development time and come out actually finished. And this is made even easier by the existence of DLC, smaller chunks of content that the anime and merch can use to give more development time for the main titles.

Now we have situations like these where stuff that normally comes out reasonably fast have to be delayed because the games are getting less and less development time due to strict deadlines, solely because either Nintendo or Gamefreak think they need a pokemon mainline game to be in every holiday season.

I would legit wait like an extra year or two while the new game gets DLC to hold people until the next game over the current business practice because their current practice just leads to games clearly rushed and unfinished.
I'm concerned that at this rate, their next titles might not even work let alone have more content cut than we got this generation. TPC is really ready to run their flagship franchise into the ground for a quick buck aren't they? Or at least Ishihara seems ready to do so. It's either that or Game Freak has gotten too big of an ego to except help or a longer dev cycle.

The anime already had so many fillers shoved throughout Gen 8 as well.
I used DLC as an obvious way to give games more development time because i have seen so many people try to justify the current release schedule by saying the games have to be released in this way because of merch and the anime. Forgetting that the anime could just do filler arcs like Orange Islands and merch will sell by the millions regardless if new pokemon are released or not.

Pokemon Home is a disgrace by itself. 3 years and it still has the same content from Bank + random challenges that can only be completed if you bought every release since 2002 for triple the price. And I still haven't found any convincing argument about why the GTS should exclusively be there and not in the games themselves.

As for the wait, it could be from unplanned delays for SV's patch updates or...because of the Raid events. As much as I dislike them they are very succesful so for GameFreak the delay is worth it.

Pokemon Home is a disgrace by itself. 3 years and it still has the same content from Bank + random challenges that can only be completed if you bought every release since 2002 for triple the price. And I still haven't found any convincing argument about why the GTS should exclusively be there and not in the games themselves.

As for the wait, it could be from unplanned delays for SV's patch updates or...because of the Raid events. As much as I dislike them they are very succesful so for GameFreak the delay is worth it.
In all fairness, the GTS has always been extremely exploitable when they were in the games. Gens 4-5 allowed everyone to get any kind of Pokemon they wanted at the time through use of DNS servers (want a Huge Power Zekrom with Shell Smash? You got it). Nothing much more to say about the DS era Global Trade Systems.

The Gen 6 and 7 Global Trade Systems are in a state of absolute despair and brokenness right now. They are both hardly usable thanks to the unique exploits people found in each. Gen 6's is filled with many untradeable hacked Pokemon with slurs thrown across in the requests or names of the Pokemon themselves, and Gen 7's had someone discover a way to render their profile picture in a way so far zoomed in/out that it's too much for the 3DS to handle. They then decided to spam as many Pokemon as possible to enter the GTS via hacking, resulting in anyone entering the GTS crashing upon searching for most Pokemon in it. They are both borderline unusable. The one in Home has a lot more safety measures, hack checks, and is probably easier to look after than Global Trade Systems in the games.

In all fairness, the GTS has always been extremely exploitable when they were in the games. Gens 4-5 allowed everyone to get any kind of Pokemon they wanted at the time through use of DNS servers (want a Huge Power Zekrom with Shell Smash? You got it). Nothing much more to say about the DS era Global Trade Systems.

The Gen 6 and 7 Global Trade Systems are in a state of absolute despair and brokenness right now. They are both hardly usable thanks to the unique exploits people found in each. Gen 6's is filled with many untradeable hacked Pokemon with slurs thrown across in the requests or names of the Pokemon themselves, and Gen 7's had someone discover a way to render their profile picture in a way so far zoomed in/out that it's too much for the 3DS to handle. They then decided to spam as many Pokemon as possible to enter the GTS via hacking, resulting in anyone entering the GTS crashing upon searching for most Pokemon in it. They are both borderline unusable. The one in Home has a lot more safety measures, hack checks, and is probably easier to look after than Global Trade Systems in the games.
I can back you up on this. I started to use the GTS in 2012 following the release of KH3D, and trading through it was impossible. Everyone wanted a Level 9 or under Reshiram/Zekrom, and you couldn't use filters back then or see more than five results. At one point, I ended up getting a hacked Shiny Nidoran♂ in exchange for a Nidoran♀.

At least in HOME, certain updates made it easier to look for reasonable offers with little risk of encountering hacked Pokémon. You can even check if anyone is asking for the Pokémon you're offering. But alas, unfair and greed requests remain. 80% of the Pokémon up for trade want Vivillon, Level 1-10 Hisuian Zorua, Greninja, Gorebyss/Huntail, and especially Pharaoh Trim Furfrou in return (it used to be Heart Trim, but then the Valetines Day 2022 event in GO brought it from "impossible" to "quite rare"). This is why I really want SV to connect with HOME soon, so the first three are quashed (but yeah, trolls will find other ways for insane demands).

Seems like Ditto gets a lot of blame for a lot of bugs and glitches in Pokémon games but I could be wrong though. Most Ditto Raids that I've seen in Sword and Shield are only 4 star Raids where 5 or 6 star are super rare. Don't know how it is in Scarlet and Violet though. Would really like to see 6 IV Ditto's be more exploitable without the need to mod or hack for them in future generations so that players don't feel like they're cheating in a VGC Tournament. It's a non-issue to Game Freak since a Ditto offspring won't remember Ditto after being born therefore being a legal Pokémon.

It has now been one year since HOME was updated to connect with BDSP and PLA, and six months since SV were released, and yet nothing about a release date or news that the connection has been delayed. We only have 33 days left of Spring.

SV is to get another update next week but seems to be a minor patch mainly to fix issues with online battles in time for the World Championships and may have nothing to do with getting ready for HOME.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom