• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 51 Posted) Finished, please close

Reaction score
For all who view, make sure you read the previous story, The Magical Resistance, before you read this one. And also, this story is a non-Pokémon work, and is based on a variety of shows, books, and roleplays of sorts. Thanks for staying with me this far, and for new readers, enjoy the story! (P.S. All time when I speak is when the text is in bold)

Chapter 01: Of a Prologue to a New Tome

Two thousand years after the disassembly of the Shadow Allegiance, Magika is now in turmoil once more. The Corrupted have once again infiltrated the land, and the people of Magika fight over what is right, MagiTek or Magic. But this is a bit too far to start. Let me explain a little better.

A decade after the Day of Sacrifice, Xhoen, otherwise known as Mage, Sage of Time, was given two children, named Kexa and Ilian, and they were Time Magicians. Over the years, they were taught all they needed to know, and became fully fledged Mages. They even further spread, and more Time Magicians were born. Xhoen taught them ,and generations more. Through the powers of Time, all Time Magicians have eternal life.

Throughout the years, while Mage was training the generations of Time Magicians, Wizards, Magicians capable of learning all of the magics, have come and gone. The first and greatest was I, Jeremaeus, Seer of the Hole in the Sky, and Inventor of MagiTek. The second was nearly as great, and he was named Kaeomaeus, and he defeated the cursed Lord Darcius, and disbanded the Shadow Allegiance.

The Magikans then repopulated and refined their world, and within these two thousand years the population is now ten billion strong. At the head of all of the continental governments were the Sages. The Sages are the ultimate of their magical corps, second only to the Wizard. They are eternal, only dying by sickness or war, and their Magical Artifacts, created from the Staff of Creation, give them their power. The world could not be organized without them.

Of course, there was conflicts in the time after the Shadow Allegiance. Magika is still in a form of recovery from the Franosian War two hundred years ago. The Franosians were a group of zealots that believed that the dragons never existed, and so made up their own gods. They even mutilated themselves to look like these supposed gods. And even if at first they were small, they soon dominated a large part of Magika.

In the war, the Franosians were all but killed. A good part of the Magikan population was lost, but the spread of Franoism ended. But it had a heavy cost on the cities of Magika, particularly Magitol, the capital of all nations. A lot of their resources had been poured into winning the war, and afterward, a depression entered, leaving many homeless and jobless. This led to create a small sect called the Magi.

The Magi were believers that only magic should exist on Magika, and no technology of any sort, including my beloved MagiTek. THey believed that magic could solve all of the world’s problems, including their own. It was a thought none would have dared think of during the war, but now many have joined, and in two thousand years, a little under half of the population is Magi. The other half are Logi.

Logi are the complete opposite to the Magi, as they believe now that magic has no place in Magika, and that MagiTek should be the only source. I appreciate their love for my invention, but the elimination of magic is too much.Most of whom that did not appreciate the ideas of the Magi joined the Logi, and a little under half joined them. The last sect is called the Xhoenists.

The Xhoenists share the same thoughts as the Time Sage, Xhoen, and believe that MagiTek and magic should exist hand in hand. The Sages, a select few in the standard population, and all of the three thousand Time Magicians, or now Timien Magicians, are of this sect. Even the Hole in the Sky, which holds the six Masters of Teaching, and the other Pladias.

The Pladias are the other Wizards that have died on Magika, and their life still continues in the Hole in the Sky. They assist me in my writings, and whenever Magika is in extreme peril, they will come down and bring peace. But there has never been an instance such as this, except for the Franosian War. We cannot stop the War of the Magi and Logi just yet. There has to be a greater evil than this…

The only evil that could possibly inflict great harm upon Magika is the villainous Shadien. Shadien, otherwise known as the Shadow Dragon, is the source of all Corruption in this world. When an individual commits an act against the Ordinance of Goodwill, Shadow Dust will cling to their Magik Stone, and make them Shadow Magicians. Shadien was the source of this Dust, and he was to act as a keeper of the Shadow World, or now known as Shadrax.

Shadien was not content with only having the Corrupted however. He had felt he was the most useless of the benevolent Dragons, and so began Corrupting those he chose, instead of letting the natural Corruption process take them. The other dragons had banished him to his own world, but he was released when a Timien Magician was foolish to time travel to the time he was banished. Thus, at their weakest point, the Dragons sacrificed themselves, and became the Cores, generators of the Dust that creates Magical Oil, Gems, and magic itself.

Shadien was released once more when the world was as Corrupt as Shadrax itself, and that is only possible when the Judges of Corruption are gone. The Judges are the only beings capable of sending a person down to Shadrax, and they are considered unCorruptible and immortal. But then they were not at the time, and so the world was Corrupt , and Shadien had access. I was the Wizard at the point in time, and destroyed him once and for all, costing my life.

On the Day of Sacrifice, Shadien was thought to be gone forever, as the ceremony was never completed. But it was by the foolish Erian that the Shadow Core was revived to be Shadien. This was discovered when the Corrupted were returning, as without the Dust of Shadien, the Corrupted could not be created.

Now Shadien lurks in Shadrax, or at least we believe he is. No one knows of his true plans yet, or even his whereabouts. But when Shadien does not get his way, he will destroy his goal instead of achieving it.

Now you know of the story of Magika, and if you had read my last tome, “The Magical Resistance”, you will know everything there is to know of Magika to this point. But a new adventure is calling, and Xhoen will return, to stop the War of the Magi and Logi, and to stop Shadien once more!

Last edited:
Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 01 Posted)

Chapter 02: Of an Unknown Challenger

Magitol was a bustling city of constant negotiations and threats. The Magikal Depression had worn down the economy of the entire world, and Magika had entered another state of a lack of knowledge. Most people could not afford the schooling necessary to train their children to be great Mages, so they attempt to teach themselves. But there was little left for the common folk, as the greater pieces of learning lie in the High Magical Library. But what am I saying. This is not where the story begins. Lets go to one of our starring roles, a Magicycle rider in the LogiRaces…

Under a thick plume of magical exhaust, there was a lonely figure tuning their special bike. It was not a pretty one, that can be said, but it was well built. The tires were ready to spin with energy, the slick hull ready to take blows from the other riders. Most of all, the MagiCrystal store in the handles were ready to launch.

The rider had just finished readying his vehicle when a voice roared from a speaker, “MagiCyclers, report to the starting line!” The rider put away the wrench inside the toolbox, and hopped onto the seat in the Cycle. With a press of a button, the Crystal Engine was humming out energy. The rider then twisted the handle, and slowly made their way to the track.

Other riders soon followed, but they were much more glamorous than the simple bike created by the rider. One had a seat at least a foot above the wheels, another had flames pouring out of the exhaust pipes, and another was gently hovering above the ground. The biggest one was at least six feet, double the size of a standard bike. There were no rules to building a bike, so long as they had a Crystal Engine, did not fly more than a foot off of the ground, and had two crystals loaded in the handles.

As the rider made its way to the track, it heard the roar of the crowd in the stands. LogiRaces were extremely popular with the Logis, even the Enginerex himself. Thousands of people bet enormous sums, which now were about ten Gracians, towards their favored MagiCycler, and if he won, the group that bid for him get a split part of all the other bids. This practically increased their own investment by tenfold.

The Cyclers were all positioning in front of the starting line, many of them taunting the mystery rider’s own, and revved up the engines. There were about fifteen racers in all, but this will dwindle down to about three or four when the race is over. For what reason, all shall see.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Magitol 200th LogiRace!” The announcer yelled. The crowd cheered with indignation, wanting to get on with the race. “Let me introduce our proud cyclers, that will hopefully not get blown to bits!” the announcer announced. The riders, including our main one, stood from their cycles.

“First up is Sakon the Liquidator!” the announcer yelled. An Aquien Magician then waved his hands up to the crowd, and received a nice mixture of cheers and boos. His bike slickened the ground beneath him, and the rockets hooked to the back pushed his bike along with blades. It was like a gigantic ice skate.

“Next is Werrel the Vinehammer!” A Lifeien Magician stood up, and received the same response as Sakon. His bike was made of a Twingrov tree, and it moved along with wheels, the standard way of movement. Why he is called Vinehammer you shall see.

So the other riders were called, all with different bikes and names, until we got to our rider. The announcer almost started the race until he noticed that it was still standing up. “Oh, and for our last contestant, we have someone named Ylaxa the Timer. Ha, what a thoughtless name. Anyway, we’ll see if this newbie can stand the heat! Riders, speed up your engines!” the announcer roared. The engines went from a hum to a hard beating, and the riders were ready for the madness to ensue.

Ylaxa then revved up its own engine, and was ready for the win. As a first time rider, it was scared. But it needed the winnings. The starting horn blared, and the cycles took off. Ylaxa was in the middle of the madness, and the race was on.

~~~~

In the Temporal Tower, the famous Time Sage was searching vigorously for the runaway Apprentice. He could lead a nation. He could be the wisest there is on Magika. But could he find a little brat that shows no respect for a leader? Suddenly, he heard the start of a race, and moaned. “How many times have I told those teens that the MegaViewer was exclusively for my conferences!” The Sage thouht. He shut down the Window of Gazing, and carrying the mighty Staff of Timien, he walked over to his study.

The Temporal Tower has changed plenty since the last time I recorded this type of adventure. The Tower had been refitted to hold a population of two thousand Timien Magicians, and the MagiTek were working overtime to keep the Infiinite-Space stable until the continent Timien had recovered from the Oilic Catastrophe. But the top floor was exclusively for the Sage. Except, apparently, for rebelling Sorcerors.

He barged into the study, and roared, “How many times have I told you three not to watch those cursed LogiRaces! We are Xhoenists, not Logi!” Then he discovered it was one of his oldest students, Kexa, and she was originally staring at the screen, but now she was looking at the Sage with a shocked look. “Kexa, what are you doing in here? I thought you were taking care of the infants?” The Sage asked.

“Well Xhoen, I was until I needed to look up how to create a Lullaby Charm, and I just turned on the MegaViewer accidentally. The teens must have switched it to the LogiRace station, and I was about to turn it off when I saw this.” Kexa explained. She touched her finger to her head, and sent out an image of the race. Timiens are able to send out images of past events, with proper training of course.

Xhoen studied the picture, not seeing anything out of the ordinary, until he saw a racer in particular. “Would you play it back Kexa?” Xhoen asked. She went ahead, and the announcer once again said, “Oh, and for our last contestant, we have someone named Ylaxa the Timer. Ha, what a thoughtless name.”Xhoen then recognized the racer named Ylaxa. Xhoen then quivered with fury.

“Kexa, keep an eye on the Timien Magicians. I will be going on a trip to catch a runaway Apprentice.” Xhoen stated. Kexa nodded her head, and left the room. Xhoen followed, and walked down the steps to the VehiPad, going for his own Timienitron,a personal invention that acted like any vehicle. He turned it on, and the Time crystals sent out their energy throughout the entire vessel, and within moments he was flying away, sending out light blue flares of energy behind him. The crowd outside stood in awe, seeing one of the few times Xhoen ever left the Tower.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 02 Posted)

Chapter: 03: Of the LogiRace

In the LogiRaces, the aim is to complete three laps around the track. It may sound easy, but there is a catch. All racers have access to two crystals, which depending on which magic they contain, emit different effects. They all involve disrupting the other racers in some way, so it is rather difficult to maintain the lead if you don’t know what you’re doing. The crystalic abilities are restricted to where they can only be used once per lap, and the abilities also can’t be used for the first two minutes of the race.

Suddenly, a bell rung, and the race had truly begun. An Electrien Magician activated his Fire Crystal, and out surged a flare of fire behind him, and he was rocketing to the front. “Oh, would you look at that! Aronius just activated his Back Crystal ,and he is now aiming for the lead! Oh, what’s this?” the announcer questioned. Zaraf, with his bulky fingers, activated his back power, a Lightning Crystal. Aronius was stunned, as well as the other five riders behind him. Ylaxa narrowly dodged the oncoming bullet, and made its way to the sixth position.

Werrel then commented to Sokan, who he was just behind, “Hey Sokan, do you like plants?” Sokan did not hear him, and continued, waiting for the perfect instance to use his crystals. Annoyed, Werrel continued, “Well, if you don’t, than this isn’t your lucky day!” Suddenly, he activated his Front Power, taking control of the sliding vehicle. Sokan attempted to regain control by ripping off the vines, but it was to no avail. He did manage to, however, click the Back Power button, and with a sputter, the back heaved out a cloud of freezing air, and the path behind him was frozen solid.

Werrel was now attempting to keep control of his own Cycle, but as was with the vines, it was to no avail. He spun and spun, with the vines disappearing back into the crystal. Soon afterward, other racers were spinning in the same fashion as Werrel. Now Sokan was in second place, right behind the bulky figure of Zaraf.

“It looks like these racers are not going to make it unless they have a plan… like that Ylaxa there!” the announcer yelled. Everyone in the stands looked over to its location, and lo and behold, the bike was hovering instead of rolling, and was making its way effortlessly through the ice. “I don’t know who this Ylaxa is, but man is, um… he good!” the announcer once again yelled. The helmet covering the face made it difficult to tell. I won’t say if it is man or woman, it is for you to discover.

Anyway, so he made his way to third place, where Sokan and Zaraf were. They soon had passed the starting line again, and the second lap was finished. Now what crystals they had used were restored with power, and Zaraf immediately used the Back power again, stunning Ylaxa and Sokan in their tracks. Zaraf laughed heartily, knowing that he would finish the next lap without any harm. Or so he thought.

An Aerien Magician was hovering along in his little cycle, in next to last place, which was occupied by a Bouldrien who forgot that the drive cycle was on the left side, not the right. The Aerien then launched out a large tornado up front ,and drove right into it, riding along in the wind. “After a long time of waiting, Hawen the Floater now has used his secret weapon, his tornado flying skill! Now he can zip by the drivers ahead of him, without harm!” The announcer, well, announced. The other riders were amateurs,and not as skilled as Zaraf or Hawen. THey were blown off the track, and then there was a cacophony of clanging metal in the back.

The Bouldrien had all of the cycles piled on top of his own, and the seven or so amateur blown back were down for the count. “Oh no, the competition has now been halved by Hawen’s cunning move! Now there is only him, Zaraf, Sokan, Werrel, Gearog, Vronos, and Ylaxa!” The announcer roared. The crowd rose with roars of fury, now losing their bids to a sputtering little tricycle. But some have quickly changed their bids to Hawen just in time, so they can preserve their chances of winning.

Ylaxa was unnerved, at least as far as I could tell from the helmet. He then activated the back power, and suddenly, time stood still. He continued driving, dodging the focused, yet frozen, drivers, and suddenly, time snapped back into its normal course. “Whoa there, waht happened? How is Ylaxa in the lead? He didn’t even make a noticeable leap to second!” the announcer questioned. The crowd then started to suggest that she was cheating, but then again, there is no cheating in the LogiRaces, so they were wrong.

Whatever the case, Zaraf was shocked, and he attempted to take back the lead. He did make it after the second lap was completed, and he was laughing yet again, until he was frozen in time, midlaugh. The other racers were confused, and they curiously overtook Zaraf, wondering how that happened. But it was too late, as Ylaxa then finished the third lap, winning the LogiRace today. Zaraf then unfroze, laughing, but then noticing that everyone was yelling at him for being careless. What humiliation…

Ylaxa stepped off of his bike, making no sound. He was now next to the winner’s podium, and up there was the track manager, who would award the prize money. Ylaxa came up, and with the mixed cheers and roars of fans, there were some that apparently bidded for him, and were claiming their own winnings.

“Ylaxa the Timer, it is a great honor to see a newcomer to our fair track come here and defeat one of our best racers. You deserve these Gracians, as supplied by the Logi Treasury. Now to just confirm that you were legal to drive here, would you show me your identification tag.” the manage requested. Ylaxa shifted uneasily, as if there was something wrong. ID Tags were special items only given to Magikans that pledged their allegiance to the Enginerex, the leader of the Logi.

The manager coughed, as a sign he was growing impatient. Ylaxa sighed from under the helmet, and held out his wrist. The manager rolled up the sleeve, and with a special machine which he drew from his pocket, he scanned it. Not getting a reading, he tried again. Still none.

“Sir, are you not a Logi?” the manager asked in a demanding tone. The crowd clamored in surprise, as there were not many who would dare race on their track unless they were Logi.

Ylaxa, looking around as if he was in a hurry, quickly took the card that held the Gracians inside, all in digital code. He then ran toward his MagiCycle to get away. The manager, now astonished, dug into his pocket again, and brought out a Viewer. It clicked on, and he yelled, “There has been a non-Logi breach in District 5, bring the Logimada!” There was no answer, but the red lights now flashing in the track were sure sign that they heard. Air vehicles came from the center of the city, and they hovered around the top of the track, searching for the perpetrator.

Ylaxa made himself obvious, as he drove through the wooden fence gate that lead to the workshop in his escape. The air vehicles gave pursuit, following the non-Logi.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 03 Posted)

Chapter 04: Of a Quake from the Sky

Ylaxa was panting underneath the helmet, not expecting the quadracopters to come. The Logi have been creating machines that do not use magic to move, but only as a power source. Eventually, they might think of some way to do away with magic. But that’s besides the point, there were choppers on his tail, and they were ready to strike.

The MagiCycle only had limited energy outside of the track area. The motor had a crystal, sure, but the energy was derived from special grids under the system, so there was a good twenty minutes on the vehicle before it would putter out. Soon Ylaxa would be caught, unless he lost the copters.

With an idea in mind, he switched his Back Power, and there was a surge of blue light. The copters had been stopped in their tracks, although not falling. Thinking the chase was over, Ylaxa turned right on the streetway, narrowly dodging the many trucks and cars along the way.

While riding, another danger popped up: Logimada Jacycles. They were extremely fleet, and could easily overtake any MagiCycle. In alarm, Ylaxa tried to activate the BackPower again, but it was no use; it was out of charge. The men on top of the bikes were ready Electro-Stuns, so they could take him into custody without a fight. Ylaxa was braced for the worst, especially now, as the engine just stopped.

After he stopped, the Jacycles ground to a halt, and the lead chaser climbed down from his bike, and came towards the intruder. He appeared to be chewing a piece of Harrowgum in his mouth, and the pungent smell made Ylaxa gag silently.

“You are a menace to our glorious way of living… you. Now if you come with me without a fight, we might consider not taking you to jail, and taking you to the other side of Magitol.” the chaser explained. The East Side was exclusively for Logi, while the West was for Magi. The Center was the only area in which they can interact, as well as the living space of Xhoenists.

Just as Ylaxa would have answered, there was a sudden whoosh of wind, and then a spark of blue magic. It struck the chaser on top of the head, and he just fell to the ground, frozen in time. The other chasers looked to the sky to see the cause, and there was a robed figure on top of a flying cycle, holding a glowing runed staff. It landed on the ground, and stepped off of the bike, which was still running, and came to the same area where the lead was.

It looked down towards the frozen man, and replied, “No need, sir. The menace will come with me, back to the Temporal Tower.” When he lifted his face to the other chasers, they saw it was the legendary Xhoen, Sage of Time and leader of the Xhoenists. They only stood there, not making a move, as if they were afraid to be turned to dust with a single flick of a finger.

Xhoen put his hands together, and with a particular chant, he, the two cycles, and Ylaxa were gone from the middle of the street. One of the two chasers simply lifted his Viewer to his lips and said, “Attendant, you might want to get the Enginerex to the Magikal Citadel. I have a feeling that he will want an explanation from the Sage of Time…”

~~~~

After the two arrived at their destination (which was Xhoen’s study), with the bikes miraculously ending up in the hangar, Xhoen faced the rogue Timien Magician. “That stunt may have cost us our neutrality! In this world, the Logi are winning the war of advancements, and we need to stay in the grey zone so we can survive!” Xhoen yelled. The rider took off his helmet, and it revealed a young man with dark brown hair, blue eyes, and quite a few freckles. Xhoen rolled his eyes. “And deactivate that silly enchantment, I know you aren’t a boy!” He stated. Ylaxa groaned, and he- um, she, I suppose- took out a small jewel from a side pocket, and with a rub with a finger, the enchantment deactivated, and a new face was revealed.

Now there was a young girl, with the same features as the boy, only in a girly sense. She was rather frustrated at her mentor, as he can be so demanding of peace. “Why can’t I just do what I love? Us Timiens have nothing to do here but fiddle around with little toys and wait around for an ancient land to be clean! What else would you want me to do, sit around? I want to make a difference, even if that means that I have to go around as Ylaxa.” she yelled back. Ylaxa was just a codename, you know.

Xhoen had a furious look on his face, but it soon passed, having to deal with the same thing with another good friend of his. He sat in his favorite armchair, knowing that he was the leader of a lonely few that wanted to maintain peace. The Sages were slowly becoming a figurehead of Magikal Power, as the Logi were drawing themselves away from all things magic. The Magi, even the Corlock, still followed the Sage’s advice, even if they want to beat some sense into the Logi. There were reports of many public brawls in Magitol, Quartnrie, even the Lifeien Capital, Gargatree. The two warring clans were slowly tearing Magika apart.

Xhoen needed an answer for Ylaxa, so he replied, “Efrexa, I had the same experience with an old friend of mine, Draeamaea. She was itching to go to war with the Franosians when they were on the move, even without my training. One day, she even ran off to go to the Battle of the Arabawings, without my permission. I went after her, and just when she was cornered by a pack of those Franosians, I swooped in to save her, just as I did with you today.” Efrexa had heard this story before, so she was uninterested. Xhoen tried to make it a little more interesting.

“Even after that, she wanted to go back to the frontlines to help us Magikans. So I went as fast as I could to train her, and when it was done, she was the best fighter in that war. Do you know why?” Xhoen asked. Efrexa snorted in annoyance.

“Because of the training you gave her and the patience she learned, blah blah. I know that old tale. But why can’t I go racing? All I want is-” Efrexa said before being interrupted by a deep rumble coming from the sky. Startled, Xhoen stood up from his chair, and ran to the Window of Gazing, bringing the view to the Sky. As he scanned, he noticed a burning light, that was racing to the surface of the world. Before it did, however, it split into many pieces, and after several moments, the lights disappeared, and a nearby one shook the Tower as if it was an earthquake. Efrexa was completely baffled, and Xhoen noticed because she was in the same room.

“What was that Xhoen?” Efrexa asked. Xhoen thought about all of the possible things it could have been, but slashed them all through in his mind, knowing it couldn’t be any of those.

He then replied, “It is something that I have to talk to the Seer about.”

~~~~

I finished this paragraph, and looked down over to the ground below me, feeling concern for what more danger Magika could go through. This was obvious by the fact that all of the other Pladias were constantly asking me what it was, even the knowledgeable Warklemaeus didn’t know of this mysterious occurrence. The Imps were all running about, having no clue what was going on, and the Masters of Teaching the only ones remaining quiet, knowing how I roll.

I then put my fingers to my lips, and whistled like a squealing Chachamouse. Everyone immediately stopped gabbing. The Imps just froze in their tracks, with one even falling to the ground. “Alright, alright. I will tell you all right now, that I have absolutely no clue what that ball of fire was. What I do know is that the Cores know what it is.” I announced. Everyone looked over to the Cores, and they were humming with discontent. Something definitely bad was happening.

~~~~

Down in Shadrax, the grand council of the Shadowkind were busy trying to explain what could have possibly happened up at the surface. After much argument, the new Sage, Chancellor Farn, had taken the floor. Yes, that traitor had won the legendary vote as to who would be the new Sage, and he had made major refining to the city, which is now called Jarkenos. Anyway, on to the subject.

He gave an answer to all of the impeding questions with a single line. “The obvious thing is that no one of this world knows what created that quake. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what we do?” Farn questioned the Council. The nine rulers kept quiet, as without knowledge of what it is, how could they know what to do with it?

Suddenly, there was a rustle in the darkness, and the Council ended their whispering of personal thoughts. They knew what was coming. From out of the outer darkness, it walked into the inner, and it was revealed to be the vile Shadien, Creator of Shadrax, and Ruler of the Shadows. He postured himself into an imposing figure, as he was the smallest of the eight, and prepared his answer. After several moments, he softly, yet hoarsely, answered, “I know exactly what it is, and the first phase of my new plan has come…” The other Council members leaned in closer, awaiting for an explanation from the beast. This would be interesting...

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 04 Posted)

Chapter 05: Of a Newfound Evil

Xhoen sifted through the many shelves of charms, talismans, amulets, and every other item of the kind. He searched through and through, until he had a look of success in his eyes. Efrexa was curious as to what charm he held in his hand. The green gem in the middle of the red metal casing did not match any other charms she had seen.

“Xhoen, who is this ‘Seer’, that you said you would talk with. Is he somebody important?” Efrexa asked. As he was drawing out a circle on the floor, with a piece of chalk, Xhoen looked upward towards Efrexa.

“The Seer, or properly known as The Seer of the Hole in the Sky, is the wisest person you could ever meet. He records the events of everybody’s lives down here on Magika, while he stays up in the Hole in the Sky, a mystical place that is not visible from down here. If anyone can tell what that ball of fire was, it will be him.” Xhoen replied. He just finished the last touches to the circle, and put a symbol in the middle, this time using a bit of magic.

Efrexa was now even more curious with the answer. “Excuse me, a Hole in the Sky? That is ridiculous! It even sounds more ridiculous than the whole Exploding Tart incident, and you know how that turned out!” Efrexa commented. Xhoen gave a small chuckle, but he was busy remembering a particular little spell that would do something in particular.

“Well now, how about you come with me to see this Seer, so it won’t sound like the Tart incident?” Xhoen asked. While asking, the small charm glowed with energy, ready to do its duty. Efrexa was a little hesitant first, but after Xhoen had offered his hand, she took it, and away they went.

The two Timien Magicians were whisking through the ceiling of the Tower, and through the roof of clouds above it. Their now gaseous bodies were swiftly making their way to my home, the Hole in the Sky. Before you say, “That’s impossible!”, you will see…

~~~~

As soon as I finished that last little note, there was a whoosh of air, and when I turned around, there was Efrexa and Xhoen, my two favorite Magikans. How lovely that they should visit, especially by using my little gift. “So, how goes the world below, Efrexa? I see you have gotten yourself into a little bit of trouble lately, hmm?” I asked the baffled Timien Magician.

She then noticed me, and saw something that was from an older era. Most people now wore jackets instead of robes to represent their Magic, but I wore long grey robes. Also, she noticed a striking resemblance to Mage in my face, albeit looking older. Of course that would be the case, as I am his father.

“Alright, how do you know my name, creep? And who are all of these other people running around? And why is that thing tearing up an old newspaper?” Efrexa asked accusingly. She just about described exactly what would be unusual about this place. And I am no creep!

“Well, first off, I am no creep, I am the Seer of the Hole in the Sky, Jeremaeus. Also known as the First Wizard, Slayer of Shadien, and Creator of MagiTek. Anything else I should add, Efrexa?” I asked back. She just stood wide-eyed, not believing that she called me a creep. Serves her right…

“Back to your questions. I know your name because I have the ability to view everybody’s lives, while keeping to my limits, with this special little window, called the Hole in the Sky.” I stated, while pointing over to the overly large hole in the floor, that was giving a nice view of the Temporal Tower at this instance.

“Next, these people running about are my assistants, the Pladias. They are past Wizards that have died then reincarnated as my faithful protectors and consultants. Ah, here comes our elder Pladias, Kaeomaeus! Please say hello!” I advised. Sure enough, Kaeomaeus from our first adventure walked over to greet himself to the bamboozled Apprentice.

“Good day, my fair young lady. What a pleasure.” Kaeomaeus shook Efrexa’s loose hand, as she was quickly attempting to take in the details of what was happening.

“Thank you Kaeomaeus. Now how about you help Simone organize that cursed shelf again. Those Imps have been at it again.” I requested. Kaeosmaeus agreed, and so went off to solve the problem. “Speaking of the Imps, that creature you saw tearing up the newspaper is an Imp named George. He used to be the Ringmaster of the Imp Circus of old, but when times got rough, they wanted to move back up here. I always did feel like something was missing from the Hole in the Sky, but I still think it was a nice houseplant, not the Imps.” I continued. Efrexa had just about enough.

She stepped forward to right in front of my face, and exclaimed, “Alright, Jeremaeus. How am I supposed to believe any of this is real? Maybe Xhoen here simply put me to sleep, and is making me imagine all of this? Xhoen, explain yourself!” She whipped around to where the Sage was, and pointed her finger at him like he was guilty of something. He just held up his hands innocently.

“Hey, I told you that we were traveling to the Hole in the Sky, and so we did. That little charm was a gift from Jeremaeus here so that I could come to him in an emergency. Which this is.” Xhoen explained. He then walked past Efrexa, her anger now calmed, and came to me. He then stated, “Jeremaeus, we did not come here for an exchange of greeting. Very recently, a ball of-”

“Fire came down from the sky and shook the ground like an earthquake, yes I know. My vision is not restricted to the ground, you know. Anyway, if you came here for information as to what it is, I am afraid to give you bad news. I don’t have much a better idea than you do in terms of what it was. The Pladias are all searching for an answer for this madness, but I think the only answer lies with the Cores.” I interrupted. I then led the two over the where the Core lay, just to the right of where the Hole in the Sky. There was a collection of miniature suns, each of a different color, and they were slowly orbiting each other in a clockwise fashion. Efrexa noticed a hum coming from them, and it felt like a concerned tone.

“Are these really the Cores, Xhoen. The same Cores that were created after Shadien was imprisoned the second time?” Efrexa asked. Xhoen just nodded slowly, not wanting to disturb my enchantment that I was currently in the process of. This was designed to awaken the Cores from a deep sleep, so should the need arise.

After several incantations and words, the enchantment was complete, and with a great shudder, the Hole in the Sky fell silent. All of the Pladias stopped what they were doing, and even the Imps stopped their destruction. Several moments afterward, the Cores hummed louder, and instantly, out came holograms of great scaled beasts, with claws that could tear the hardest steel, and armor that no magic could penetrate.

The one closest to me, a dark grey one that had wings ingrained with a symbol of an hourglass, started to speak. “Jeremaeus, Seer of the Hole in the Sky, why have you called on us? We were in a heated debate involving recent events.” it asked. Efrexa could not contain a curiosity,and came to where I was.

“Are… are you the Great Timien? The Father of Time, and Creator of the Timien Magicians?” Efrexa quietly asked. He gave a small smile, but it slowly came back down to a neutral expression.

“Yes, my disciple. I am indeed the dragon Timien. But on to more important matters.” Timien replied. Efrexa walked back over to Xhoen, and stood close, rather intimidated by the great dragons. I cleared my throat, and continued on. “Timien, I have called on you so we could know what that ball of fire was. There has never been anything like it before, and we fear it might endanger Magika. Could you enlighten us?” I asked. Timien looked over to the other six dragons, checking from the expressions if it was safe for some reason, and then returned to his previous position.

He then replied, “We indeed will, Great Seer. All who are here, pay attention. THis could change the fate of Magika itself.” All of the Pladias came close, and paid their whole attention to the ancient beast. The Imps did so as well, only to huddle with some close by Pladias. THey were more fearful than a pack of Spookdas, but that is besides the point.

Timien breathed in deeply, and started his response. “In ancient time, when the universe was first created, there were three groups of beings. The first there was the Progressionists, who were there to ensure that no race evolved too fast, that is when they would be created. They were vital to make sure that the other beings who would dwell there would not overthrow the Creator.

The second was the Vizzieriens, who would be the advisors to the Creator. They were there to ensure that the Creator would make wise choices, and make a good diversity of races, celestial bodies, and anything else that would inhabit the universe. Sadly, the Creator was a bad tempered being, and quickly slew all of them.

The last group was the sole member of his class: The Creator, otherwise known as Vien. He would create all of what existed in the universe, and rule it as supreme king. He held two great objects called the Staff of Creation, and the Staff of Destruction, each built for their respective names. They were his only tools in creating and destroying what he wishes.

Of course, being supreme creator did not keep him entertained. He needed loyal companions that were more interesting than the Progressionists, as they solely existed to eliminate all usurpers. So, he created seven beings, called Dragons, to provide him entertainment and company in his vast space. They would eventually create most everything for him, as he soon grew lazy of adventuring and only experimented with different elements.

The Dragons were embodiments of what the Staff of Creation could use. The beings that were dragons included Me, Timien, and Aerien, Bouldrien, Flamien, Electrien, Aquien, and Shadien. As you all know, they were the beings that created Magika, which will come at a later time.

We were loyal at first, but we had a slight bit of rebelliousness inside of our souls. This was further increased when Vien accidentally created an eighth dragon, Lifeien. Vien had always despised Life, all except for his Dragons, and so a dragon that existed to create what he hate was an outrage. He kept Lifeien inside his fortress, to ensure that no life would extend outside of his will.

Of course, we had grown tired of being under the control of Vien, who only wanted new planets and stars to be created. We had always wanted disciples of our own, who could wield our powers in their own land. We could not do this on our own, however, as the only Life could be created by Lifeien. So, we brought her out of the fortress under Vien’s nose, and went into a far recess of the emptiness to make a planet called Runa, which would be the home for our disciples.

Vien soon discovered that we had fled, and, outraged, he pursued us with his Staves, realizing the mistake of creating us. When Runa was close to completion, he came, and destroyed the beloved planet. Runa now lies in ruin, only a powder of earth and water.
When the deed was done, we all combined our efforts to stop Vien. Vien in his arrogance shut down the Progressionists, as they had advised that he should create life for them to enforce, and so they did not come to help him. Vien was still an opponent of infinite power, more so because of the Staff of Destruction. It could destroy whatever lay in its path, and so could destroy whatever we sent at him. The battle was all but lost.

In the midst of the fray, Vien had his grip loosened on the Staff of Destruction. It flown out of his reach, and it floated in the far reaches of the universe. With only the Staff of Creation left, he was severely weakened. We Dragons were soon victorious, and we imprisoned Vien in his own fortress, with his own Staff as well. The Staff of Creation was divided into the Magikal Artifacts, and they are now what the Sages hold as their tools of office.

Before Vien had his powers taken, he created the Laws of Magic. They restricted our powers, which we called Magic, and thus making it more difficult for us to use them. We slowly gained them back by weakening the seal to Vien’s prison, but when we had enough back. we stopped. If the seal was loosened far too much, he could break free, and attempt to find his lost Staff of Destruction, and end us all.

After the imprisonment of Vien, we continued to create our new world, which we would name Magika. We all know the history of our fair land, and there is no need to say. Vien was thought to be only a distant thought, and a threat that was no more.”

Timien had finished his story, but that did not explain the ball of fire. “With all due respect, Timien, but what does this have to do with the ball of fire? The story only gave a history of what happened before Magika!” I exclaimed. Timien was gettign to that, and with a glare of annoyance, he continued.

“As to what the ball of fire was, it was something I had dreaded for since the creation of Magika. We had long thought that the Staff of Destruction would be lost forever, but today has proved us wrong. That ball of fire was the Staff.” Timien replied.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 04 Posted)

Chapter 06: Of the Start of the Search

“If the seal is weakened, then Vien could be released at any moment, as long as the Staff remains on Magika! We need to get it before the Logi, Magi, or worse, Shadien can get ahold of it.” I stated. Flamien sadly burst my bubble.

“It is not that simple. During the entry into Magika, the Staff was split into five different parts. From our knowledge, a single part alone does not contain sufficient energy to release Vien. However, if someone were to gather all of them, then it would contain enough energy.” Flamien explained. The other Pladias were somewhat relieved with that piece of info, though, I think there is a catch.

Before I was able to ask my question, Bouldrien came in. He, as all the other Dragons, held the same shape, but he was brown and had a rough shape of a mountain on his wings. “The pieces of the Staff are still devastatingly powerful, and each one should hold a different aspect of destruction. One will make anything explode, another will cause objects to attract to one another and attempt to smash them to bits. A particular piece will cause natural disasters, such as earthquakes, eruptions, or hurricanes. There is even a piece that will cause fire that will make Flamien’s seem like sparks.” He explained. Already, everyone, including myself, were afraid for the consequences. But what of the fifth piece?

“Bouldrien, what of the fifth piece of the Staff? Surely it couldn’t be worse that any of the others?” I asked. Aerien responded this time. I won’t bother explaining how he looks like, even if he does have a swirl on his wings.

“The fifth piece has an unknown ability. The other pieces we know of because we had faced against them when we were battling Vien. We would guess it has some relation to Timien’s ability to age things, but it is only guesswork.” Aerien responded. Even if it was guesswork, it was still plenty dangerous. Now with all of the details out of the way, let’s get on with the journey.

I then turned my back around to the crowd that was paying attention right now, and announced, “Thank you, benevolent Dragons for your wisdom. Now we all know the danger that Magika is in. We now need an expedition to hunt for the Five Pieces of the Staff, and bring them here away from the evil below!” Immediately there was a crowd of Pladias wanting to form this expedition, including great warriors like Jakomaeus and Seremaea. Lifeien had some grave news however.

‘I regret to inform you that the Article of Life prevents you from doing so. As long as it is in effect, you can only interact with beings us Cores elect, and the others will not notice you. It will have to be someone from Magika who still lives that has to be part of the expedition.” Lifeien stated. Sometime after, all of the staff for the Hole in the Sky stared over at my two visitors, Xhoen and Efrexa. I knew now what had to be done.

I then made another announcement, “With that news, there is only one choice. My two visitors from Magika, Xhoen and Efrexa, must undertake the task of recollecting the Staff of Destruction. I recommend that you take only five people in total, including yourselves. From my knowledge, I know that one is an expert in magical enchantments(Xhoen), and another is a sprouting Apprentice that is an expert in vehicles(Efrexa). You will need three more, which should be an expert in mechanical devices, a pilot for whatever vehicle you should travel in, and an expert tracker. The pieces will almost certainly be all throughout the globe, and they will be taken by curious people.” The two were rather annoyed that they were the immediate two to be chosen, but Xhoen understood. Unlike the arrogant Efrexa.

“So, we are expected to explore the world with a ragtag team of knowledgable people so we can find five extremely dangerous pieces of an ancient staff that can destroy anything, so that we can prevent an old god from obliterating all of Magika. Oh yeah, that sounds easy. We don’t even have a clue of who would go with us! Not even something we can all travel in! We are just-” Efrexa yelled before Xhoen cut her off.

He said, “I already have a pilot, technician, and tracker all in mind. Even our vehicle can be set. Jeremaeus, we will undertake this quest, in hopes that Magika will live centuries more without a threat such as this.” The Pladias then cheered for him, and for some unknown reason, the Imps all were dancing with glee, although I think it was because they would attempt to stow away on the ride. I didn’t think so.

I did walk forward to my son, Xhoen, and so did the Masters of Teaching, and even Kaeomaeus. I then said, “You have come a long way from being that small teen that taught our Pladias Kaeomaeus. Let us hope that you will help make another success.” The Masters and Kaeomaeus each gave their own goodbyes, and with my magic, the two were teleported down to the surface. By the Laws, I hope they did have a plan…

~~~~

In the capital of Magitol, each of the two warring clans, the Logi and Magi, were attempting to discover the secrets the Staff contained. The Enginerex was busy sifting through all of their databases and research teams, until one piece of history struck his eyes. The Legend of The Creation. After reading that, he made the logical assumption that that ball of fire was the Staff, and would grant power beyond measure to whoever wielded it. With a metallic voice under the heavy layer of technology he wore, he ordered, “Get the Discoverers on the case of finding those stray pieces of that fireball! We need its power!” There was a dark plan unfolding in that mind of his…

Just as the Enginerex did, the Corlock, leader of the Magi, had the same instance as the Enginerex, and ordered the same as he did. How strange it was that the two clans of the world would find this exact story. Maybe there was a conspiracy here. Or down there?

Shadrax was intentionally making the searches of the Logi and Magi lead up to the same legend, and Shadien was behind it. He might not be able to send his own disciples up to retrieve the mighty weapon, but he can influence the decisions of others in the most subtle of ways.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 06 Posted)

Chapter 07: Of the Sage's Ride

After landing mysteriously back in the Room of Objects, Efrexa felt like that Xhoen just went crazy. So, she turned to face him, and asked, “Are you out of your mind! We just accepted a suicide mission, and you treat it like we are just shopping for eggs!” Xhoen was somewhat expecting, so he began his response.

“Many people thought that in the time of the tyrant Lord Darcius, that it was impossible to oppose him. The Resistance did just that, and look where we are now.” Xhoen stated. With that thought in mind, Efrexa didn’t have any more questions. Well, except one.

She asked, “So, who is going to be part of our little band? I know a bit about anything involving wheels and wings, and you are certainly a master of enchantments, but who else is going to be part of this?” Xhoen was walking back downstairs, and Efrexa followed. The other Timien Magicians did not pay heed to them, as it was usual for Xhoen to be up for long periods of time. He continued dodging the maddening corps of the Magicians all doing their duties for the day, with Efrexa unfortunately bumping into most of them, until he went down to the entrance into the hangar.

The hangar was essentially a workshop filled with machine parts and vehicles designed for all forms of travel. It was built next to the ocean, so sea vehicles could come and go as they please. For air vehicles, there was a collapsible roof for them to enter and exit. There were less of them then there were sea vehicles however. Anyway, this was all within an underground room, and there was a gaping wall towards the left side, with only a keypad. Xhoen walked over to that wall, and began typing.

There, Xhoen was busy punching in numbers at a keypad, but Efrexa was annoyed at the moment. “Excuse me, where are we going? You still haven’t answered my question!” Xhoen just let the alarm blare as an answer. There, Efrexa saw the wall suddenly shake, and it then split apart, the entrance growing steadily wider. Inside was one of the largest ships she had ever seen.

The ship was an air vehicle, and on the side of it was the name “The Magikanos”, and it was of an unusual build. It was essentially a thick platform with guardrails, and it had powerful jets and propellers on the sides, to help it gain lift and direction. The underside was shaped like the underside of a large boat, and Efrexa guessed it contained the living quarters, galley, engine room, and other necessities for a ship such as this. What an amazing mode of transport.

“Now, to answer your question, “The Magikanos” will take us where we need. Secondly, I know some old friends of mine that can help us on our journey. But first we have to get stocked on crystals, food, water, all of the necessities. Come along, I need to make an announcement.” Xhoen explained. Efrexa at first didn’t hear him. She soon followed when she noticed the lights switching off, and away they went to the outside of the Tower.

Xhoen, once they were outside, brought out a tiny charm from his pocket, and then blew into it, sending out a bell that every Timien Magician knew of. The bell meant that an assembly was required in the main dining hall. So everyone reported down there, and the entire dining hall was filled.

The hall did not consist of much. There was the main door, and it revealed three extremely large tables, which could fill a small house, and another smaller entrance where food was brought. There was massive chandeliers above, and on the other side of the room, there was a platform for the leaders of the community, which were Xhoen, Kexa, and Ilian.

Anyway, Kexa and Ilian waited for Xhoen to get there quietly, while the other members of the congregation loudly conversed their own lives, and also contemplating what reason they would be gathered here for. Suddenly, the doors slammed open, and all fell silent. Xhoen walked with his symbol of office, the Staff of Timien, and made his way to the podium. Efrexa followed behind, herself earning a reputation of always watching the LogiCycle channels, as well as listening to any show involving mechanical engineering. The other Magicians stared at her, wondering why she was following Xhoen over to his podium.

They stopped shortly, as Xhoen tested his enchantment of projecting his voice so all could hear. After clearing his throat, he said, “My dear fellow Timien Magicians. I thank you for coming here today, as I got some important news. I have to go for a journey across Magika to hunt down some valuable items that could help us in the War of the Logi and Magi, and I must leave for several months.” The Magicians gave a cry of discomfort, not having something like this ever happen before. Xhoen continued, “Do not worry. I will leave my trusted allies, Kexa and Ilian, under leadership. I have faith that they will continue to give fair judgement and equal ruling among all of you. But now we must ready my ship, “The Magikanos”, to depart. All who are men that can lift heavy loads, bring down twenty crates of crystals from the storage, enough food and water for eight months, and some weapons for emergencies. Bring the supplies down to the hangar, and I will do the rest. Assembly, dismissed.”

Soon afterward, a group of men began going into the storage room, and the other Magicians returned to their daily chores, wondering how it will be here while Xhoen is gone. Before Xhoen could supervise the loading, Kexa and Ilian stopped him.

“Xhoen, we have only handled minor judgemental matters and assignments, nothing like this! How can you suddenly throw this on us just for some little artifact!” Ilian exclaimed. Xhoen knew this was coming, and had an answer ready for the occasion.

“Believe me Ilian, I would give you more time to prepare if I had the choice. But believe me, this is more important than what I said to the main crowd. I need to stop the Logi and Magi from gathering a very powerful set of artifacts that have landed on Magika via that earthquake. Now if you excuse me…” Xhoen said. HE nearly made it down the stairs, but he was stopped yet again.

“But what about when Timien is recovered? How will we start the colonization?” Kexa asked. Xhoen, as usual, had an answer.

“Don’t worry. By that time, I will be here to help. Now, I really need to go!” Xhoen said. He finally made his way back to “The Magikanos”, and left Kexa and Ilian baffled as to how they will manage a population for eight months…

For the rest of the afternoon, “The Magikanos was being loaded by that team of Magicians and Xhoen. All of the materials were extremely important, especially the crystals. Those crystals were the power source for the ship, and they needed changing regularly. The food and water was important as well, in a different sense.

When the ship was loaded, all of the Magicians that were loading walked outside to escape the lift-off. Efrexa walked aboard and admired the workmanship of the massive ship, and just from the size, it could hold at least an entire crew of Magikans. While taking the grand tour, she noticed Xhoen in the pilot’s room, and she walked over there.

She could tell that Xhoen was not getting the ship ready for he himself to drive, as he was constantly reading a manual, and was busy pushing in coordinates for it to drive itself to. Efrexa sighed, and she took over what he was doing, understanding it all much better than he did. She might not be advanced in magic, but technology was her key.

Xhoen then felt how out of the loop he really was, only being very knowledgeable in charms and enchantments. He never had the knack for technology like I did, and was hoplessly lost on the Logi side of things. Thankfully, Efrexa was there to help. “So, you know where we’re going, huh?” Xhoen asked. Efrexa, beign absorbed by making the ship take off, hadn’t the slightest idea.

“Actually, I don’t really. Where are we going?” Efrexa asked. Xhoen punched in the rest of the numbers in the coordinate zone, and the ship switched on, and it started to move. The roof above then opened, revealing the sunlight, and the magicians in the tower and out and bout watched as the mysterious ship took off.

Xhoen then answered Efrexa’s question. “We are going to meet the creator of this ship, Krain Scravinos. Hold on.” Xhoen said. With a pulling of a lever. the ship switched into high gear, and flew over to Magitol, where the Sages lived.

~~~~

Down in Quartnrie, a figure dressed in black walked the lonely streets. The massive cavern walls surrounding the Bouldrien capital was finely polished, and all of the buildings were made of solid stone. The mountain was a perfect fortress, and the minerals below it were vast in number. This was the main source of metal and gems after all.

Anyway, the black figure appeared to be searching for something, and he was detecting it with a special little sphere that led him to it. Then, when the sphere grew red, and shook uncontrollably in an alleyway, a man squealed in a dumpster nearby. The black figure took the sphere and put it into his robe, and he lifted the dumpster lid.

Inside was a Bouldrien Magician, although different. He had grey skin, and he was fearful for his life. The black figure simply touched the man, and he was teleported with black particles. The figure then said in a deep voice, “Live the rest of your days among Corrupted like yourself.” This was a Judge of the Corrupted, an immortal being that will hunt down any Magikans that broke the Ordinance of Goodwill, and put them in their place.

The figure then mysteriously faded away, and reappeared somewhere else, to bring another Corrupted to Shadrax. This Judge was named Swifren, as he is swift with dealing judgement. He is one of the more feared judges among the twelve, but he is one of the more effective as well.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 07 Posted)

Chapter 08: Of the Sages of Earth and Lightning

The voyage across the Magikan Sea took several weeks, instead of several hours as it could have been. You see, Oil was more erratic, so it could pump out more energy, causing vehicles such as this to move extremely fast. But after a council of the most advanced engineers regarded Magikal Oil as ‘Too Dangerous for Conventional or Scientific Use’, it was banned for all modes of energy. Now crystals are used, essentially little powerhouses of energy. They generate miniscule amounts compared to oil, but it is better for it to remain this way than to risk another Oilic Catastrophe…

Anyway, so they journeyed ,and while the ship went on auto-pilot, Efrexa took her own personal tour of “The Magikanos”. This place actually held an enormous barracks system that was fit to hold at least twenty-five people, and the galley, hold, and even the main deck were large enough for this number. What is most unusual was the engine. The engine of a ship such as this requires constant maintenance, and things such as Para-rats, Eatamoths, and other pests enjoy raiding huge ships like this. This was designed for a large crew, not just five people.

So after having thought of this little predicament, Efrexa came up to where Xhoen was in his room, which was amazingly well-furnished, and asked, “Xhoen, are we expecting to fly throughout the world in a jumbo-sized ship, expecting that there will not be any problem with the usual pests, and even Air-Pirates? Are you sure you thought this through?” Air pirates are rogues of the government, only seeking Gracians from stealing valuable stock. With what type of stock that Xhoen would be searching for, this would be a concern.

Xhoen, who was in the middle of digging around in a bag on his bed, replied, “I assure you that Krain will handle everything when we get there. Now, would you help me with this table?” There were muffled noises of something crashing inside the bag, and Efrexa, not knowing her proper magical items, was confused.

She assisted the Sage anyway, and dug around in the bag as well. Inside, she discovered the wooden lip of a table, and when she and he lifted it, there was an exquisite Twingrov wood low table. Amazed, she nearly dropped the table, and Xhoen got the handle of it just in time.

“Just what is that bag?” Efrexa exclaimed. After setting down the table, Xhoen gave a groan of dismay.

He replied, “Do you remember anything from your Enchantment class? Or any class involving magic?” Efrexa thought, but she just shook her head, not really remembering much. She only paid attention in classes involving technology.

Xhoen sighed, and continued, “This bag is an Infinite-Space device. It can hold any number of items, and can be extremely useful in any type of traveling. It could serve as a home, if it wasn’t for the fact it is a vacuum in there once it’s closed. If only you were like your father more…” Efrexa, not expecting a slight contrast, sat down on the nearby armchair. She never thought of her father much anymore. She only really remembers that he was a great Timien Magician on all accounts. He sadly was killed in the Franosian War, in the beginning, when Xhoen allowed his people to fight in the war. After the losses, he revoked this privilege. Timien Magicians were not populous enough to justify.

Suddenly, there was an announcement from the speaker above. “Attention all crew members, we will be at our destination in one hour. Please prepare to leave ‘The Magikanos’.” the automated assistant announced. Efrexa, finding an excuse to leave, went up to her room, and sat down on her bed, thinking of her priorities. Should she be more like a Magi, or should she remain on a preference towards Logi?

~~~~

In the Centrien, the Sages were all accomplishing various tasks with their various assistants. The other six Sages were all important political figureheads (unlike Xhoen), and were the main ones in charge of anything from how many Gracians should be devoted to assisting the Magikans low in income, to how much should be devoted to fixing the roads.

Besides this, they had their own personal lives, such as the Fire Sage, Eone, enjoys watching the Magisseum, while the Water Sage, Ianeus, swims with Rewerfins in his pastime. Their personal life only really comes out when political matters can be put on hold, as the Sages are the leaders of each of the different continents. The Runalands is the neutral area that does not have a Sage.

Anyway, our focus goes on to an inseperable, yet familiar duo. The Earth Sage, by the name of Vason, was figuring out what the winner was of a dispute on who owned a school of migrating Kramon. He was working on the same desk as his partner, the Lightning Sage, known as Krain. Krain himself, having already done his work for the day, entertained himself by shifting his robotic left hand into various shapes, including basic geometrics to complex hedrons.

Vason had finally figured out the conundrum when his Mega-Viewer went on to a message. Vason groaned with dismay. “Another video conference? Why can’t it be like it was two-thousand years ago when we could just talk with the person themselves” he complained. Krain, lounging lazily on his chair, looked over to his colleague.

“Because, Vason, when you are an important political figure such as us, the Magikal Defense Force can’t risk us being overtaken by the Logi and Magi. Anyway, let’s see who it is.” Krain replied. He converted his hand into a remote, and started the call. Instead of a puffy, overweight business-owner, it was one of his old friends.

Xhoen was on the other line, and he appeared to be happy to see some allies in this world. Although this wasn’t allways the case. Krain and Vason used to be the two generals under the rule of Lord Darcius. THis has since changed when Xhoen purified the two with the Orb of Purification. The Orb was originally on the Staff of Timien, but the Orb has now been moved to a different, hidden location.

Anyway, Xhoen started up this little conversation. “Why hello, Krain. How nice of you not to put me off like you did in Arda.” Xhoen stated. Krain, now alert and no longer lounging, had an apologetic face.

“Deeply sorry for that, Xhoen. I was in a rush, and some Logi happened to wander in on my work. Anyway, how have you been so far? Has Time finally started taking its toll on you?” Krain asked. Well, Xhoen looked like he was in his mid-thirties by now, and a few grey hairs have appeared on his hair-line.

Xhoen replied, “I am feeling a little older, but not much. How about you? You would think that considering you were ow I looked when I was fourteen would make a difference on you and Vason.” Krain had been feeling weaker since those dark times, and his age was more obvious by some wrinkles on his face and more numerous grey hairs. Vason, albeit much stronger than Krain, had suffered some of the same effects.

Krain, not wanting to continue this discussion on age, diverted the subject. “So, why did you really call? You know how busy me and Vason usually are, and us Sages don’t call for small talk.” he questioned. Xhoen, looking around for something, went off of the screen temporarily. When he came back, he brought with him a young teenage (or what appeared to be a teenage) girl, that shared many of the same features most Timien Magicians had, which were a lanky body build, dark brown hair, and light blue eyes.

Xhoen, not forgetting the subject, replied, “I have called for matters that should only be discussed in person. I have brought with me a young Apprentice name Efrexa that made it so your creation, ‘The Magikanos’, could be up in the air. We will arrive shortly in the Aerarbor, so meet me there. So long.” The Mega-Viewer then shut off. Krain, now realizing the importance, got his yellow longcoat from the coat-hook in the corner of the room.

“So, I suppose the whole “This is my Kramon” matter will have to wait?” Vason asked while putting the papers away in a folder. Krain sighed in response.

He then replied, “Sometimes I wonder if you really learned anything while in the academy. Nwo hurry up and get ready to go outside. You’re my ride after all.” Vason set the folder on the edge of the table, and followed Krain out the door. Once outside, Krain stepped onto the street, and got a remote from his pocket ,and clicked a button.

Almost immediately, Vason changed into a small airplane. For new readers, this may seem strange. You see, Vason was caught in the aftershocks of a Magical Disintegrator during the Invasion of the Corrupted, and it was a weapon that disintegrates anything the beam touches. Vason was in a critical state with his molecules unstable and ready to fly off at any moment. To save him, scientists created a remote that stabilized his body, and allowed his to live. Now he has the ability to shift into anything roughly his size. In exchange, the remote acts as a weakness, as if it is destroyed, Vason could very well disappear.

Anyway, Krain hopped inside Vason, and switched on the engine. Vason hummed, and within seconds, they took off for the Aerobor, awaiting the arrival of Xhoen and Efrexa.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 08 Posted)

Sorry if I haven't been too active lately. Events have popped up, and frankly, the inspiration for the chapters really only come during school. I think I might just take the weekends and holidays off for this one.

Chapter 09: Of the First Piece of the Staff

In the Centrien,yet again, there was an important discovery made. The Enginerex, after weeks of research, has discovered the location of one of the Pieces of the Staff. In the deepest part of the forests of Lifeien, a piece has landed, ingrained in a Willowgang. It is unknown as to what powers this Piece of the Staff has, but it will soon be found.

For you see, the Enginerex has now come out of his chambers of mechanics, and revealed himself to the world, altogether different. He is now wearing a suit of mechanical armor, where not even his face is seen. The suit is constantly letting off steam as an output, and just from the weapons mounted on the arms and back, it is obvious that this is a war machine. Or could it hide something?

Anyway, the Enginerex was striding his way over to the room of the Life Sage, Karea. She was the wielder of the Box of Life, and it is thanks to her that many new species have been introduced to Magika. But the Curse of Shadien still affects the Fauna so some that were meant to be benevolent have turned malevolent.

When he arrived, Karea was working on a new species that would help crops to grow faster, something that was not in the mind of Lifeien at the time. Karea quickly put away the box, not wanting the Enginerex to see it. Who knows what he would do to get ahold of the Magical Artifact.

The Enginerex, after walking in, then announced in his metallic voice, “I have come to ask for permission to access your continent of Lifeien. I have important matters to attend to, specifically in the Willowoods.” The Enginerex was quick and to the point, if I say so myself.

Karea was horrified at the statement. The Enginerex was known to be a polluter of all sorts, and rumored tobe a deforester as well. The Willowgangs in the Willowood would be in an outrage if loggers came. “What business would you have in my precious woods? I know that you will do anything for what lies in the center!” Karea exclaimed. The center contained a magical haven for wildlife that contained the air of the spirit of Lifeien herself, and the Enginerex was determined to eliminate anything involving magic.

The Enginerex gave a small laugh. “I mean no harm to the center, only to retrieve something of great value. You see, unless I retrieve it, a Willowgang may very well harm the Willowoods rather than harm it. Believe me, I wouldn’t want my reputation of research to get in the way of this.” He then clicked some buttons that was on his suit, and out came a hologram showing a visual of the Willowgang. It’s lanky wooden limbs were prowling the forest, and there was no head visible, as the face of this Willowgang was on the body. Many branches stuck out of the walking tree, but there was one that did not look like the rest.

In the back of the location where its face was, there was a black and gold segment of a rod that was emitting purple particles, and the Willowgang had a maddened look because of it. Karea, shocked throuh the image, asked quietly, “How did you-”

“My cameras extend across any distance, even as far as Lifeien. Will you let me retrieve the segment of that rod?” The Enginerex asked. Karea, seeing the maddened Willowgang, only nodded her approval. The Enginerex, with a non-visible smile, deactivated the hologram, and left the room, leaving the area with steam around the ceiling. Karea, bringing the Box of Lifeback from where she hid it, and continued working on the new creature. The Willowgang, she knew, was one that had saved her from a raging Plowff when she was younger, and the Enginerex’s way of retrieval surely meant death.

~~~~

When Krain and Vason arrived in the Aerobor, their eyes met a floating pier, with dozens of docks and taverns for the coming and going of many Air-Sailors. The Aerobor was kept in the air with a constantly running set of propellers, and thanks to the new invention of a crystallic recycle-plant (which only so far the Aerobor contains), keep the pier aloft.

Krain and Vason landed at the Southern Pier, and Vason shifted back into human form, and followed Krain to the Western Pier, where the large ships were stowed. The Eastern Pier contained mainly sloops that speeded through the air faster than the galleys that the large-class made ,and the Northern Pier was exclusively for any other flying machines, like the new helicopters.

When the two reached the Central Pier, all of the madness and confusion of any piloting life was centralized here. The taverns were filled, the pirates gambled and swore, and the pilots were looking around for jobs to complete. Of course, street sellers were also commonplace, and when the hoard of peddlers saw the Sages, they immediately attempted to sell their wares. It was thanks to Vason that the duo escaped with their Gracians in their pockets, as he shoved his way through with many having bruised arms afterward.

With some more shoving and bruising, they managed to get to the Western Pier, and with some searching, they found the Magikanos, with Efrexa and Xhoen up top. “Why hello, Captain Xhoen! May we come aboard your magnificent ship?” Vason had asked. With a grin of approval, Xhoen hit a switch to his left, and a bridge came out from the ship. Krain and Vason walked from the pier into “The Magikanos”, and, with Krain familiar with how Xhoen worked, he walked into the Captain’s Room, where an important meeting will take place.

After Krain walked in, he was greeted with the pleasant view of the clear sky. This is because the Captain’s Room was on the rear of the ship, and the rear had a wide window that was completely made of glass. Xhoen and Efrexa sat in chairs next to a elongated table that held just two more for Krain and Vason. They both sat down, and a discussion ensued.

“Alright, Xhoen, what is this about? There has to be an important reason for flying “The Magikanos” with only a crew of two.” Krain asked. Xhoen then recounted the story of Vien, and explained what he could about the fragments of the Staff of Destruction. Krain, discovering the reasons why the ship was brought to port, sat in the chair calmly, thinking intently about the story he had just heard.

Vason, after the story finished, asked, “Alright, I can see why you would need us. Krain here is just about what you need for anything involving machinery, and I was a pilot in my free time. But why only five people to search for the staff?” Xhoen, expecting a question such as this, again, had a reply ready.

Xhoen replied“The Seer probably only wishes us to bring five people as word would quickly spread if there was an entire crew hired for such a job. We just couldn’t”

“That is foolhardy to believe. I built this flying piece of metal with my own hands, and I can assure you that you won’t last a week more with only this small of a crew. We need people to constantly monitor the food stores and engine, guards to watch for pirates, and geographers to help us get to where we need to go. If you just go with us and your mysterious other member, you will be sorry.” Krain interrupted. Xhoen, who had unexpectedly received this, did not accept this reasoning.

“We need to take only us to search for the Staff of Destruction. If we take anymore. the crew could get tired of wandering and want to rest at inns, and banter on about the journey ,and don’t forget how much more energy we’d use.” Xhoen replied. Vason then spoke up.

“Krain has already invented a way to solve the energy problem. When he was first designing “The Magikanos”, he knew that this will require a lot of crystals to move, so he needed an alternative. Oil was out of the question, so a new source was needing to be discovered. After some experimenting, he figured out that the energy of sunlight will solve our problem. Krain?” Vason asked. Krain in response willed his hand to transform to a projector of sorts, and out popped a visual of some sort of black panel, with schematics of “The Magikanos” as well.

“Thank you, Vason. I did indeed invent something I call “solar energy”. It essentially transforms the sunlight that hits these black panels into a form of Lightning Magic, known as electricity. It is thanks to this electricity that the Magikanos can collect and use energy that can last indefinitely. The energy problem is solved, except for a slight setback. If we don’t collect enough sunlight during the day, we won’t have enough for the night journey, so in some cases the crystals will be used.” Krain explained. The hologram pointed out the areas in which solar panels were stationed, and the whole circuitry that made it.

Xhoen, quite impressed with Krain’s work, knew that this would get rid of one reason that a crew couldn’t be on board. Sure, they could go loosely with their tongues, but without them, they would not last very long with the pirates and other hazards. Finally, he replied, “FIne, Krain, we’ll hire a crew. I guess we’ll need to explain to the last member of our team that there will be some more company than expected…”

Efrexa, not knowing entirely who the next person is, asked, “Xhoen, who is the tracker? You never mentioned who it was.” Xhoen, figuring that the time would come sooner or later, leaned closer to Efrexa.

“Efrexa, the tracker is someone I haven’t met for a long time, and she tends to be more reclusive around people, so don’t take it personally that I won’t describe her yet. I would rather have her explain herself.” Xhoen explained. Efrexa, a little annoyed that she wouldn’t get her answer right away, sat there. Eventually, Krain helped Xhoen hire a crew, and they would be at “The Magikanos” in the morning. So, with nothing more to do, they slept in the roomier areas of the ship, and awaited to start their adventure.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 09 Posted)

Chapter 10: Of The Start of an Adventure

In the early eve of morning, the Corlock was deep in thought. He was an imposing figure, who was dressed in enormously long robes that always scraped the floor. The dark grey color, which represented Time, mocked the Timien Magicians, as only high ranking officers of their own could wear them. His face was hidden under a long cowl, and, like Lord Darcius, he was a temperamental person.

He was sitting in his throne of solid crystal when an interruption came from the man coming through the door. With a groan of annoyance, the Corlock asked, “What is it now, Idean? If I have to give you permission to sign another document, I’ll-”

“Sir, there has been rumors of the Enignerex leaving for Lifeien for a piece of the Staff! What do you wish to do?” Idean asked. The Corlock, who was rather, shall I say, furious at the statement, ran over to the poor frail man, and held him aloft. Even if the Corlock was a master magician, he was amazingly strong.

He then asked again, albeit in a more flustered tone, “Are you saying to me that my nemesis for the control of magic, is finding the very thing that could bring my downfall!” Poor Idean simply shook his head, terrified at the angered Mage.

Afterward, there was a sudden swing of mood, and the Corlock calmed down. He then dropped the skinny man, he himself thudding to the floor, and the Corlock said, “No matter. I have already sensed the location of a piece of Staff as well. Ready our ships to go to Aquien. We’re going fishing.” The Corlock then strode out of the room, somehow leaving a plume of smoke behind. Idean simply saluted him, and sent out a mental message to all of the other attendants to ready the ships for departure.

~~~~

The day after the meeting with Krain and Vason, there was a well and able crew awaiting on the Western area of the Aerobor. Though, this was an unusual crew. The men were extremely… different. I can’t quite place how, however, I think it is apparent that one man had a gigantic hook stuck in his ear. I don’t know why, it is unusual… I need to read those biographies a bit more…

Anyway, the men gave strange looks over towards Efrexa and Xhoen, wondering if they were legends or something .Efrexa felt a bit uncomfortable about the situation, so she asked Xhoen, “Uh, is there something wrong? Do I have something in my hair, or…” Xhoen laughed, as he found the statement ridiculous.

“No Efrexa, they are just wondering why there are Timien Magicians aboard. THey all believe that we live on the mystical island of Hancinos that is in the middle of a whirlpool of sea monsters. It is strange how rumours go out. THey even think we don’t use technology of any sort and are a branch of Magi.” Xhoen explained. Efrexa knew that was wrong, but she couldn’t really change the opinions of others. Somehow, she could change something.

Right then, as the crew was boarding and making themselves comfortable, one man asked, “Hey, uh, are you two impressionists or somethin’? Us Logi don’t go to nicely towards those Timien folks.” Efrexa, thinking that it might’ve been because of her, spoke before Xhoen could explain.

“We are actually. We were just testing out some, costumes, yeah for a mission of sorts. We usually don’t go out in public like this, so we’ll go now, thanks…” Efrexa responded. Bewildered, Xhoen followed Efrexa as she walked to her cabin, and when she slammed the door, he was annoyed.

“What were you thinking! I had the perfect cover-up in mind, and you just blew it! Now we have to pretend we’re actors or something!” Xhoen complained. Efrexa was more clever than she appeared to be however.

“Oh, I don’t think so. You see, while I was going to the LogiRaces, I noticed that there were a lot of cosplayers, sort of fans for a particular character. I noticed that there were several people dressed as a Timien Magician, so I thought it would be the perfect story. Of course, now we’ll have to change clothes, but that will be fine, right?” Efrexa asked. Xhoen just sighed, and rubbed his eyes with his hands. This is just great…

Xhoen then replied, “In my story, we didn’t have to look different. With the whole cosplay plan, they’ll expect us to change our appearance. Well… at least I did bring some adventuring clothing. This old clothing never did well with rough terrain.” He was about to walk out of the room, when he thought of something.

“So, Efrexa… with this idea of yours, did you account for your own dress? I mean, if you thought of making up that story, then you must have had a plan.” Xhoen. Efrexa slyly smiled, and from the closet, she brought out a set of clothing. It included a set of durable green pants, with a small mini-skirt to go on top of it. On the top was a long sleeved grey shirt, that would completely cover her. To finish it, there was even a light jacket that held a slight tone of brown.

“Don’t think I didn’t go shopping before I raced. Of course, it was on credit as I didn’t bring any Gracians, and I was going to pay it back with the winnings,” Efrexa explained, and she brought out the little golden card from her pocket. “I sadly discovered that this had to be activated first. I guess the tailor will have to wait a while, doesn’t he?” Xhoen gave her a look of disapproval, but he let it go.

He then proceeded to walk out of the door, and as he went out, he replied, “Alright, Little Miss Mischievous, I will be going now to change, and I will leave you to change as well. I am thankful that Krain and Vason thought of changing into less formal clothing before the ship was ready to leave. I will see you in the command deck.” The door slammed shut as he walked out, and he went to his room, and opened up a set of drawers, revealing an aged set of clothing, from his adventuring days.

The set was made up of a long set of light-blue pants, almost dragged on the floor. It was held together by a brown belt at the waist, and there was a dark-blue sleeved shirt as a top. It was covered with a brown longcoat, that had a tall enough collar to cover Xhoen’s face. Alongside was plenty of pockets , all equipped with Infinite-Space, so he could transport a whole shipload of items at once.

He quickly changed into the new clothing, and he stretched his limbs so the fabric could loosen up a bit. Afterward, he walked out with the staff in hand, activating a charm within his collection to disguise as an ordinary wooden staff, and walked up to the command deck, his eyes meeting Efrexa. She looked rather beautiful in the new clothing, at least more so than before.

“Well, at least we can go around the world without sticking out like a sore thumb.” Efrexa commented. As she was saying this, she watched the deck move around with all of the many men loading supplies onto the ship. Xhoen smiled, and looked over with her.

He then asked, “Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?” Efrexa turned over to Xhoen with a determined look.

“I was born ready.” She responded. I wonder, is that an overused quote?

Suddenly, Vason barged into the room, with a ridiculous ship captain’s hat on top of his head, and he announced, “We will leave very shortly, our two patrons. I suggest that you head to your cabins for the ride over to Bouldrien.” Efrexa wondered why that particular place.

“Why Bouldrien? Shouldn’t we find out where a piece of the staff is first?” Efrexa asked.

Vason replied, “There have been rumors of a Mountis on the rampage in the Sightly Mountains. I was just wandering the ship when the crew were talking about it. And they said it was larger than any other Mountis there has ever been. That is our best bet.” Xhoen and Efrexa then realized how quickly destruction could spread in a short amount of time.

The two secured themselves in the cabin, and the crew brought themselves below deck, for the safety of breathable air and low winds. Soon afterward, Vason twirled the knobs and yanked the cranks, and the ship became airborne, and left the docks. It then flew at alarming speed toward Bouldrien, and the Sightly Mountains, to determine if this rumor was true.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 10 Posted)

Chapter 11: Of an Island Visit

Well, I would say that the crewmen were partially right. Yes, it was true that the thing was bigger than any other Mountis in history. But it wasn’t quite on a rampage. Yet. You see, right now the Mountis is attempting to remove a lodged piece of metal from the top of its head, and it feels a maddening sense of destruction inside its mind. It is gradually growing a sense to use the staff’s power. But for now, it will remain attempting to remove it while “The Magikanos” makes its way to the Sightly Mountains, the home of many Mountises.

The Magikanos (I hate those quotations…) was moving at a decent rate for a ship, as it moved at about one hundred miles per hour. Within a few weeks, the Sightly Mountains would be dead ahead. While the waiting was done, the crew mainly handled the operations below the deck, especially the engineers.

Of course, there was a slight detour. Mountises were extremely hard to track,despite their size. Besides, I recommended a tracker to track any other locations a piece may have fell. So, before they could find the beast, they needed an old hag of a hermit. At least, I think she’s hag. I haven’t really seen her, as for some reason she avoids the gaze of the Hole in the Sky.

Over the several days, Krain was busy getting over air sickness. Despite his experience with the Vason-Jet, he had never gotten accustomed to large airships. Even on business meetings up in the air, he never settled his queasiness. It was a wonder that he ever even attempted to board the Magikanos, or even held his nerve up in the Aerbor. Mysterious, Sages are.

To continue, Xhoen finally started to fiddle around with MagiTek again, although, all of his experiments ended in explosions. He just doesn’t have my knack for electronics. I think he inherited his mother’s magical ability… wait what? Did I just write that? Um… nevermind.

Efrexa, however, was having much more success with her inventions. She made some more simple mechanisms, like clocks or flashlights, but she really shown in the engine department. She rustled out some spare parts from the engineers(which were wondering what happened to the crystals for their toothbrushes…) and created a small toy car. It even could be driven by a small Sprat… of course you wouldn’t want that, it would not be wise.

Vason, of course, stood commandeering the ship in the Command Deck all day, but let the ship go on auto-pilot during the night. Naturally, he went to Krain’s room, and attempted to help him get rid of his air-sickness. Also naturally, it never worked, and Vason ended up having to change clothing and get it washed away of Dravape Pudding later (which mysteriously is supposed to help air-sickness…)

And so it went through the days, until Vason announced through the intercom, “Attention crew. We are approaching a rest area for the engine to be fully repaired, as well as for the solar batteries to recharge. Please unboard the vessel.” The crew went about foraging for any edibles, with the engineers fixing up the ship. Krain quickly ran out of the ship, cursing his upset stomach, and relived it by vomiting on the nearest tree.

Efrexa followed Krain, in a less hurried manner, and she studied her surroundings. The island was rather large, with a dense forest surrounding the landing area. Within there were many Life and Shadow creatures, and it was downright dangerous. Counights were especially populous, as she could feel the whispering of their controlling minds at the back of her head.

Xhoen suddenly touched Efrexa on the shoulder, and she eeped out of surprise. She then yelled, “Why did you- *mmf*” She had her mouth covered by the newly recovered Krain. He had just come out of the forest, and he had a cautious way of moving about.

“Keep quiet, young one. The crew should do the same as well. Counights are everywhere on this island. I wouldn’t want you to drown from their influence. Now come on, let’s find Serea.” Krain commented. Efrexa, not wanting to ask a question, wondered who Serea was. Maybe it was this tracker?

Xhoen, Krain, and Efrexa each treaded carefully through the path through the forest. It wasn’t exactly a path, really, but a indentation in the ground, obviously made to serve a purpose. At least Xhoen knew the way, as well as Krain, but Efrexa was left in the dark as to where they were going. She just knew that it was wise to follow her higher-ups so she wouldn’t get lost.

After about twenty minutes of walking along the trail, an old shack came into view. It really was a disheveled thing, with a hoard of holes on top of the roof, and many Rarrows living inside the walls. The door was wide open, and it was apparent it was hardly ever closed ,as there was a nice Karider web spanning the doorway. I don’t even think anybody lived here.

“Where did that old hermit go? She is usually around here…” Xhoen questioned Krain. Krain simply shrugged, but afterward, there was a rustle to the left of the trio. Xhoen took down the appearance charm, and revealed the grandeur of the Staff of TImien, ready to fire at anything that would come at them. Krain took the Shocking Cube out from a hiding place only Sages know of, and it was brimming with power, sparkin and shocking everywhere. Efrexa simply readied a small flame of the Continuum in her palms, as she had no other weapon handy.

What came out was a curious Phantuft, with it being made of a pile of leaves, and even a few sticks sticking out. The eyes looked around attentively, searching for other materials to improve its size. Efrexa shut down her fire, and adored at the cute little thing. It wasn’t very often you saw something like a Phantuft.

Of course, it was short-lived, as soon after it wandered in, it was absorbed by a much larger Phantuft, with even branches from trees in its pile. Efrexa, genuinely surprised, almost bolted away from the pile. But, instead of making a motion to attack, it moved away into the trees on the other side of the shack. All was thought to be safe, until a black cat wandered from the shack.

Krain looked at it, horrified, and whispered, “Don’t anybody move. That Counight will only exercise its power if it detects movement. So lets just wait and-” He was suddenly cut off by a wild yell from behind the shack. The Counight whipped around, only to meet a ball of ice between its eyes. It stood dazed for a moment, but it soon fell over, unconscious from the blow.

Now on top of the shack was a middle-aged woman, with long robes that dragged the ground, that made one wonder how she got around through the forest. She had light blue hair (an unusual color choice I might add), and the floating sphere of water in her hand told the trio that she was indeed an Aquien Magician.

Efrexa marveled at how she could eliminate a Counight with such speed and accuracy. Even the most famous hunters of the various wildlife couldn’t perform as well as that. She then shyly asked, “Are-are-are you uh, the one who.. killed the Counight?” The woman came down with a stern expression, and investigated the Counight.

“Well, I wouldn’t say it’s dead, but I nearly made it so. It’s too bad really, I only take the hunts I kill in one blow. Anyway…” She stated. She stepped over the body and came closer to the two older men, which the two had since calmed their weapons down. She then asked, “Why have I not seen these two ancient faces for so long. Xhoen, I thought you said you would visit!” Xhoen held his hands in innocence, not expecting such an abrupt question.

“Well I’m sorry, Serea, I had business in the Temporal Tower that had to be done. You know politics, room and board-” Xhoen explained before Serea butted in again.

She then exclaimed, “And YOU Krain. I suppose you have the same reasons as this older-than-dirt Sage, huh? In fact, you are older than him!” Krain tried to voice his opinion, but Efrexa changed the course of this.

“Serea, we need your help! This means more than the number of visits you had within years!” Efrexa exclaimed. Right before she was going to yell something else at Xhoen, she calmed down.

She then quietly asked, “What is that you need help with?” Xhoen, thankful for Efrexa’s assistance, took over.

He replied, “Let’s just say it is more dangerous than the Franosian War was.”

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 11 Posted)

I believe that I owe an explanation as to why I have not been posting lately. Well, let me explain. It first started when I got the flu, and so I was out of commission for two days. Then, I thought my pet bird, Frostbite, was going to lay eggs, so my mind was out of whack for the story for a while. Now, that development has been put to rest, and I can focus on the story again. To make up for it, here is a new chapter.

Chapter 12: Of the Origins of Serea

“Alright, so it’s worse than the Franosians, big whoop. For the past fifty years, I’ve been living on the land, and fighting for my life against these cursed Counights! What makes you think that I will help you?” Serea exclaimed. Xhoen didn’t want to have this discussion outside, as the Counights are always watching and waiting for the right moment to strike.

So Xhoen asked, “Can we please talk about this on board “The Magikanos”? The Counights make me uneasy…” Serea snorted.

“Not a chance, you old fogey! We’ll talk about it in my home.” Serea demanded. She whistled a high-pitched note, and the Karider in front of the doorway snipped its web away to open the doorway. Serea touched a charm attached to her left pocket, and the shack miraculously became a confortable forest cottage, with yellow paint and windows spanning all the sides of the walls. “Well, what are ya waiting for, a welcome? You already received that, anyhoo, so come on!”” Serea exclaimed. Not wanting to upset her any further, the trio followed her in.

Inside the cottage, there was just about anything anybody would need to survive. There was a stove, a sink with a water pump ,and even a plumbing system with a toilet. The place could easily hold a small family, or a family of one in Serea’s case.

Serea sat down around the dining room table, and the others did as well. Xhoen started this little discussion, saying, “Alright, now that we can deal with business-”

Serea butted in yet again, exclaiming, “Business, shmissiness, I want to know why you think I will help you after leaving me stranded here after the war!” Efrexa was extremely confused at this statement, as she thought she had known Xhoen like the back of her hand.

“Alright, that’s it, I need some backstory! Why would Xhoen keep you here on an island in the middle of nowhere, and even if he did, why couldn’t you swim back to shore? You’re an Aquien Magician!” Efrexa yelled. Xhoen held up his hands in frustration, now standing up.

“Alright, alright! I deserve to give an explanation to both of you! And to you Krain, as you hadto deal with this as well.” Xhoen said. Krain looked relieved afterward.

“Thanks for that, Xhoen. I don’t know why she would be angry at me as well.” Krain commented. Xhoen sighed, and sat back down on the chair.

He now began to tell the tale of Serea. “Around 300 years ago, the Wizard Welexamaeus, the last Timien Magician to become a Wizard, had a daughter, with his wife, Treala, who was an Aquien Magician. They had named her Serea, and they somehow knew she would not be a woman to settle down easily.

They were right. As I was continuing to train Welexamaeus, Serea had always gravitated towards me, interested in my Time Magic. What she was most interested in was the concept of eternal life, thinking it a paradox of how life really worked. She wished to have it when she was young, but I said it was only for the people who were adults. She continually pestered me about it well into her adult years, and I continually disconcerned it.

The Franosian War had hit when she was about this age now, and her father had to leave to fight it in it. Serea had wanted to follow, but he simply told her that the battlefield was not place for a woman.

Treala attempted to teach her Water Magic, and some skills she had learned. But she continually wanted to learn Time. I knew it was impossible, as she was an Aquien, and it would never work. She gave the reason that because Welexamaeus was a Timien Magician, she should be able to learn as well. I held my reason firm until she attempted to blast me with an Ice Ball, but it instead was a Continuum Sphere, a Time Magic form.

This was a development I had to keep secret. No one but the Wizard was able to learn other magics besides what their Stone demanded until now. I did teach her, but when her Apprenticeship was over, she went for the battlefield to assist her father. When I discovered this, I immediately ran for her, not wanting the secret to go out.

When Serea reached the Runalands, her eyes met the harshness of beliefs. There was catastrophe everywhere, with the land stained with magical remnants of the war, and blood covered the many bodies. The two factions still fought, and one small group of magicians were carrying a body in a stretcher. When Serea reached it, she discovered that the body was her father.

Enraged, she ran towards the fray. I made it just in time, however, and stopped her from committing suicide. I calmed her down, and asked to bring her back to her mother. She insisted that I instead bring her to the Temporal Tower, for more training involving the Continuum. I could not disagree, as she had always seemed more distant from her mother in some way. So I brought her, and began to teach her more about the wonders of Time.

Years more passed, and the Timien Magicians continually wondered where Serea had come from. I always gave the reason that she was the daughter of Welexamaeus, but they had it in their minds that she was supposed to be an Aquien Magician. I knew I had to act quickly to protect this discovery.

She eventually earned her right to become a Mage, although there was one obligation I had to follow, one I had kept ever since I had received Kexa and Ilian: All Timien Magicians when they become Sorcerors would receive one of my Charms of Eternity. I was a bit late on my gift, but nevertheless, I gave the charm to her, and she was the first known Aquien to learn two magics.

After the war ended, and the Logi and Magi came to be, I knew I had to protect her further. The Logi were less forgiving of those with Time Magic then, and when the word reached out that there was a Timien Magician out and about, who was Serea, I needed to act fast. I quickly snatched her before any harm could be done, and I thought I had explained what would happen for the next fifty years. I then plopped her here on Counight Isle, the only island almost no ship would land, and left her with a home fit for a living.

I knew her hunting and tracking skills would come out as she lived on Counight Isle, and thanks to her Time Magic, she would be more resistant to their influence. I believe I struck it rich with that guess, as she stands before us now with all of her limbs.

Krain did visit once, and he instantly regretted it. He came to check in about twenty-five years ago, and before he left, he said he would visit. That, and he nearly lost his mechanical arm to a Counight. So ends the tale of Serea the Dual-Magician.”

“It hasn’t ended yet! I’m still living, aren’t I?” Serea quickly exclaimed. Efrexa needed a bit of proof to back this up, so yet again, another question came.

She asked Serea, “So, you can really manipulate Time AND Water? I’ve already seen you use water, but show me another demonstration, if you please.” Suddenly, a Counight leaped into the home, and it set its sights on Krain. Krain then stood up, and began walking out of the door.

He yelled as he went out, “Help me out of this cursed creature’s trance! I don’t want to end like this!” Serea, with a bored expression, simply pointed her finger at the Counight with a light-blue sphere, and it froze. Krain quickly ran back inside, and shoved the Counight out of the door.

“Is that enough proof for you, Miss Question?” Serea sarcastically responded. Xhoen needed to get his point across, and soon. It was growing close to night time and the Counights were more active then.

Xhoen asked, “Serea, we need your assistance! We need to hunt down ancient artifacts that fell from the sky, and you are the only one that could possible have enough experience to hunt down a Mountis of all things.” Serea looked rather surprised after that statement.

“A Mountis you say? Well then, I haven’t hunted a Mountis before, so what makes you think I can track it? And besides that, why should I follow you again? You already cause me enough grief.” Serea responded.

“I could always leave you here for another fifty years. You never bothered to learn how to surf on the water, so you’d be stuck here-”

“Fine! I’ll join your little hunting party. Beats living on this blasted island anyway. Come on, show me where The Magikanos is.” Serea exclaimed with a nervous hint to it. I guess those years of living here really changed her attitude towards Xhoen. Anyway, she then stormed out of the door, and Efrexa, Krain, and Xhoen followed close behind.

After leaving, Serea activated her charm again, making the house look dilapidated, and she whistled the note again, and the Karider walked back to the doorway, and began weaving a new web. Xhoen was curious as to why she kept the Karider, so he asked, “Why do you have a Karider as a pet? Aren’t they supposed to be extremely poisonous?”

Serea groaned, and replied, “That’s the point. My buddy Kelly there keeps the Counights out, so they won’t invade my personal space. And don’t think I’m never ready for an adventure. I always keep an Infinite-Space pocket ready with all the necessities.” Krain led the way over to the ship and Serea followed after. Xhoen and Efrexa kept towards the back.

While walking, Efrexa had only one other inquisition on her mind. “So Xhoen, why is it that everyone you know seems to know of the Magikanos and its history? What’s the deal with it?” Xhoen simply looked down at her and smirked. He wasn’t ready to answer that yet. Aggravated, Efrexa kept quiet, and they reached the ship within an hour.

After another hour or so, the ship took off towards the west, and made their way yet again to the Sightly Mountains, with a tracker in tow, and a pilot, mechanic, inventor, and mage in their party. I dearly hope that this works...

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 12 Posted)

Chapter 13: Of the Hunt for the Segments

The days went by as the Magikanos made its way through the skies towards the Sightly Mountains, and to the Mountis that was believed to contain a Piece of the Staff. There were some hiccups, such as the occasional storm, or the conspiracies that pop up (like where the last Splash-Apple went…) made it so the crew were less trusting of each other. Honestly, the crew was a good and bad idea. They kept the ship running, sure enough, but they cause so much suspicion!

Serea had made herself comfortable, but far away from the other men. They had developed the belief that she was a mystic that had hours of meditation from living with Counights, and that she could take their mind and make it her own for until they die. She still has a resentment towards Xhoen, despite him being her teacher, and so she avoids him whenever possible. She seems to enjoy Efrexa’s company, both being rebels and all, and so she enjoys it when she visits.

Vason wanted a full recounting of what happened in there, and so Krain, with a heavy heart and upset stomach, retold the tale. Vason sadly forgot about Krain’s condition, so yet again, he had to change his clothing.

Xhoen had spent the week towards the mountains assisting Kexa and Ilian via Viewer. Even if they were the elder Magicians there, they weren’t so experienced in leadership. So, Xhoen continually advised as to what should be done in the Temporal Tower. This continued on until one day, Vason announced over the intercom, “Attention Xhoen, Efrexa, Serea, and Krain. We have arrived at the Sightly Mountains. You might want to look at this…” Not wanting to delay, all who were mentioned went up to the Command Deck and stared at the calamity that befell their eyes.

~~~~

In the Willowoods, trouble was stirring. The Willowgang that had the piece of Staff was now completely mad with rage, and the other inhabitants have grown intensely fearful. The Willowgang was called Gronref among the others, but he has since been renamed Spraklef, as the ability of his piece was discovered: Intense flames. His staff created flames more violent than Flamien, and it will only be a matter of time before he uses this ability. His inner nature of protection only protects him from destruction for oh so long.

The Enginerex was flying across the sea during the time Xhoen and the others were. However, he had not had near as many delays, and so he made it into the forest of Lifeien just days before Xhoen had made it into the Sightly Mountains. Right as of now, he was making his difficult way through the forest, the immense size coming from over two millennia of growth.

The Enginerex and his party of trappers had encountered many beasts, like the Sonic Fly, or the Bushtars, all promptly tranquilizing them as to not anger Karea. It was extremely important not to anger the Life Sage, but even more so not to anger the benevolent Willowgangs. They held a wrath even more deadly than the Sage.

It took days to reach the Midforest, the home of the Lesser Willowgangs. The Higher lived in the Innorest, but Spraklef was confirmed to be a Lesser, so the party simply explored the rings surrounding the Innorest, searching for signs of a maddened Willowgang. The trappers were highly superstitious of the Willowoods, as it has been heavily ingrained in their minds that all should stay away from the Willowgangs, for fear of the wrath of Lifeien, as they were supposed to be the protectors of all forests.

The Enginerex held no such superstition, and he was not shaken by the many noises and creatures that passed him. His party on many occasions nearly deserted him, but the thought of overcoming the Magi was held with deep esteem, so they stood with the Enginerex. Although this will failed when their eyes met Spraklef’s, after days more of exploration ,and they saw it as an emissary of punishment ,and so they ran back towards the fringe of the Outorest. After viewing this abandonment, the Enginerex cursed. Now things would be much more difficult.

The Willowgang had a sickened look, the branches gray, the leaves dark with plague, and the eyes yellow with craziness. The Staff stuck out of the creature like a thorn in the paw of a Sprat, and it glowed with fierce darkness, warning that all who touch it will become the sameas Spraklef.

The Enginerex saw his prize embedded in the walking tree, and he revved up his Magikal Fumigator attached to his wrist, which fumed out deadly magical gas that caused whatever touched it to suffer effects depending on the magic. The Fumigator happened to have Lightning Magic inside, and sothe target would be heavily shocked with sparks. The Fumigator only worked with skin or bark contact, so the Enginerex was unaffected.

The Enginerex sneered underneath his helmet, but it went away as soon as he saw Spraklef grab a bundle of leaves from his canopy, and light it on fire with the staff. The Willowgang then roared with fury, and charged towards the Logi. The Enginerex then braced for impact, unexpectedly meeting none.

~~~~

“Hurry up, you Magikal Waste of work! We need to get that Thundsark before more damage is done!” The Corlock roared over the intercom in his ship. The crewmen below were straining in the pouring rain to find the fish, whose piece of Staff as now been used. The storms, quakes, thunder, and everything involving natural disasters was happening in this small town on the coast of Aquien.

It all started when the piece of Staff landed right on the tailfin of a Thundsark, a fish that works with Zephacrows to obtain a meal, by shocking whatever prey that lands in the water. This fish was only waiting for its partner flock to get its meal to the ocean when the piece pierced through its beloved tail. It was at first aggravated, but it soon ignored it, until the urges to release its power came through its mind. Unlike the Willowgangs, their mind was far less developed, so it released the power, and let its mind go to madness. Now the disasters contained in the piece were set loose, and the Thundsark shocks whatever comes close to it.

The Corlock yelled yet again, “Catch that cursed fish, you Magi! We need that piece!” The men down below groaned in the variety of disasters, and the town behind them was abandoned because of the danger. To them, it was the beginning of the end.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 13 Posted, its been a while...)

Chapter 14: Of a Fool's Mistake

The Sightly Mountains were no longer so sightly to see. The Mountains were ravaged, wit the gracefully formed peaks now torn from their bases and strewn across the valley. The new mountains the Mountis had formed were no longer majestic, but grotesque, and they had jagged impressions throughout the home of all the Mountis in the world.

Xhoen let his jaw fall at the calamity that the Mountis had caused. The damage was so severe that all the other Mountis would work for months to repair it. The piece of the Staff needed to be retrieved as fast as possible, or else the Mountis would escape into the rest of Bouldrien, and make catastrophic effects.

Efrexa never knew what the Sightly Mountains had looked like, but she had figured it would be more gracefuL and pleasant. Krain, who had one of his favorite places be the Mountains, nearly threw up again from the sight. Vason, who had his duty include this place, had filled with fury, and the hum of the Quake Mallet could be heard by all as he attempted to calm himself.

Serea was familiar with the Sightly Mountains, but not in this state. It would be far more difficult to find the Mountis, as the trail was the entire area, with no apparent pattern in view. After reviewing the damage, Serea looked over to Xhoen with a look of hopelessness, and said, “How am I supposed to find a Mountis in that mess? I am probably one of the best trackers in the world thanks to those Counights, but even the best Mountis hunter couldn’t find the thing there. Not now.” Xhoen felt disgraced until a roar of agony sounded in the distance.

“That sound I would recognize anywhere. It is a Mountis that is suffering great pain. I remember it from my studies from when I was in the university in which I studied, but I never thought I would actually hear it.” Vason commented., He had calmed himself and the Quake Mallet was silent. With a hint of reassurance, Xhoen knew what should happen.

He announced, with everyone directing their gaze towards him, “If what Vason says is true, then it could very well be the Mountis that holds the piece of the Staff of Destruction. We have to go down to the Sightly Mountains, and find the beast before further harm can happen.” Everyone else shifted uneasy glances, thinking that the Mountis would be a hard target to bring down. Xhoen continued his statement by walking out ofthe room ,and towards the dingy that would bring him to the surface. Not wanting the Sage to go by himself, the others followed, with cries of annoyance following him.

“Are you crazy, Xhoen? It is the middle of the night, and we got a view of what exactly that Mountis could do to us! We have to investigate further from up here!” Efrexa yelled. XHoen ignored her, and continued to ready the dingy for departure. The small flying ship was only big enough to hold three or so people, so if someone wanted to go, the time was now.

The dingy was simply parked in the hull of the ship, so all that was necessary was to lift the door out of the ship, and push the dingy out. Xhoen was now pushing it out, with the crystallic engine running. When the ship was nearly off of edge, Xhoen hopped in. Now knowing that it was impossible to change his mind now, Efrexa hopped in as well, hoping that she was well prepared.

Serea wanted to leave Xhoen to go down to the surface, but she couldn’t leave Efrexa. I don’t know what type of bond the two share (believe me, I would know if it was apparent) but she was obviously attached somehow. Serea hopped on, just narrowly missing the empty expanse of sky, and crawled aboard. “You had better got that head of yours screwed on right, Xhoen!” Serea yelled over the winds. It was now apparently full of gales outside, and the ominous appearance of the Mountains made it all the better.

Soon, the little ship was nearly in full flight. Krain, however was desperate for a way off of the Magikanos, so out of his better wits, he hopped aboard as well. Serea cursed as he hopped aboard, scolding the acclaimed inventor for hopping aboard a full ship. Krain simply replied, “I need off of this flying tin can! I have been vomiting more than I thought I had!” Serea groaned, along with Efrexa and Xhoen, and the ship started to sputter. Reacting fast, Xhoen attempted to get the ship as close as he could to the Mountis by putting the engiens into full throttle, and so they sped away.

Vason didn’t need to transform to follow the foursome to the Mountis. The Magikanos could go to the same location, albeit at a much slower pace. So, he walked back up to the command deck, giving orders to the lazy crew to keep the ship in good condition, and he began to pilot yet again, swerving the ship into the direction of Xhoen and the others. He booted the ship into a higher gear, and it zoomed to follow the dingy.

~~~~

“You fool! Do you realize what you have done?” Xhoen exclaimed while attempting to keep the dinghy from crashing into the mountains. Now thinking properly, Krain was horrified at his choice.

He yelled in reply, “Forgive me, I was desperate! Oh, why was I cursed with air-sickness!” Efrexa slapped him in repsonse.

“Pull it together! To think you are Sage who complains about how sick they get!” Efrexa scolded. Krain kept quiet, but now when a mountain came in the way of their course, he roared with fear.

“Keep this ship from making us splinters, Xhoen!!” he yelled. Just before the ship crashed, Xhoen strained the ship to turn right ,and the ship zoomed toward the other way. What a dangerous game!!

Serea groaned, and she yelled at Krain, saying, “If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be in this mess, so shut- aargh!!” The ship just encountered another mountain in the maze of the range, and Xhoen, yet again, quickly shifted the ship from the way. “Would you watch where we’re headed, you slow-reacting piece of meat!” Serea insulted towards Xhoen. He roared as they narrowly dodged yet another mountain.

He yelled in response, “Well if you don’t like my driving, how about you try to drive a ship with a poor-quality engine!” Suddenly, an immense mountain came into view, larger than any of the other mountains that the dinghy had dodged. Xhoen knew what would happen, so he attempted to slow down the engine. When he pulled the gear-shift, it simply snapped off of the base. Xhoen cursed the cheap piece of driftwood, and yelled, “Brace for impact everyone! Whoah!!”

The dinghy crashed right into the face of the geographical wonder, and I cannot see whether or not the four survived. I hope they did. Or else this will be a short tale, yes?

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 14 Posted, its been a while...)

Chapter 15: Of a New Issue

I stepped back from the point of writing, and paused time for a while. WIth a flick of my wrist, it was easy as pie, and so all the Pladias, Imps, and enchantments stopped in their tracks. I needed some time to think, and the rushing of the world was too much to cope with. I stood up from my armchair, and walked out of the room, and, walking past the busyness of my fellow recorders, I wandered into the darkness of the Hole.

The area is calming, and it does feel nice to not have a care in the world for a while. This is exactly what I needed, considering what I have been through. Over 2200 years of recording events, and what do I receive. Just praise from my workers, nothing more. But I believe that this will be important someday, for a reader such as the one that could be reading this now.

The main reason this break is necessary for me is the simple fact is that my son could be dead, and I don’t want to know if he is or not right now. The stresses of the Dragons have been put upon me too much. My son is my only living link from this world to his, and I couldn’t bear to lose it. So would his mother… never mind. I must return to my duties.

I wandered back to where I sat, dodging the variety of events that have been paused, and resumed time. The Pladias resumed their duties, the Imps resumed their ruinings, and I resumed my recording. First, it is off to see the Temporal Tower.

~~~~

In the Tower, all was going smoothly, and daily chores were being handled, with no hiccups whatsoever. Except for one small detail.

You see, Time Magicians (I loathe the new names for the various magicians. I can hardly tell if the Magikans are referring to the Dragon, the Continent, or the class! Really, who thought of this?!) when they are young are rather, shall I say, rebellious. They enjoy testing their abilities to the limit, and only a high ranking magician, such as Xhoen, can keep them in line. Sadly, the younger ones only really feared Xhoen, and so while the adults and calmer ones obeyed Xhoen and his instructions, the others caused some problems. Such as what is happening now.

Kexa brushed the hair out of her face as she was dragging out a naughty Apprentice from underneath the table as he was eating some Kookies from the jar. He was laughing as he knew he was naughty, and he didn’t really care what happened right now as he held no fear for punishment, as Xhoen wasn’t here. Kexa knew there was always one place little troublemakers could be put.

She dragged the little one, along with his jar, all the way to the Detention Center, where naughty children are taught to behave. The place was already nearly full, but most of the problem children were in there anyway. She just hoped that the teachers could handle it. Anyway, as she knocked on the door, a large burly man came to it, and looked down on Kexa. “Another one? I thought they were all in here? Are you sure you know what you’re doing?” he asked in his gruff voice. Kexa moaned from at the statement.

She then replied, “Just take Quent from me. I need a shower from the jam that Weavi threw at me. Good thing Ilian handled her.” It was true that she had a ragged and dirty look. The man shrugged, lifted Quent at the scruff of his collar, and took him inside, shutting the door behind him. Kexa gave a sigh of relief, and raggedly stepped up to her room.

When she opened the door, in the midst of the rushing of Time Magicians, her eyes met those of her brother Ilian, who looked equally messy as Kexa did, albeit with different substances coating his clothing. Kexa, snickering as she closed the door, came clsoer to her brother, and asked, “What happened to you? Did you get squirted by a Squidrox or what?” Ilian rolled his eyes, as he stood up himself. He appeared to have been waiting for his sister for a long time, and he was impatient with the small talk.

“Speak for yourself, Kexa. Anyway, we have more pressing matters than what the Naughties have been doing.” Ilian responded. Kexa laughed at his term for the troublemaking children. He sighed yet again and continued, “Yes, I know it is an amusing name, but can you focus on something else for a bit?”

Kexa calmed herself a bit, and she sat down on a nearby chair. Being a Mage of higher ranking than most, they got a better room, not the same quality as Xhoen’s , but good nonetheless. “Alright, but hurry up. I need to get this jam out of my hair.” Kexa replied.

Ilian stood up, and he went to the window behind him, and lifted the curtains, and locked them into place. “Do you remember when Xhoen said that it would be about eight months before Timien would be ready to inhabit?” Kexa was rather perplexed, but she answered.

“Of course. What about it?” Kexa asked. Ilian motioned for her to come closer, and when she did, he pointed over to the crescent continent. The continent looked somewhat green, and a blue haze was phasing from out of view to in view. Kexa had never seen it efore, but she knew what it was. She then asked, “Is that… are you saying…?” Ilian ad a grave face.

Ilian replied. “I am afraid so. The spell around Timien is ending, and soon, it will be ready to populate.” Kexa had no clue what to do when Timien was ready, and neither did Ilian. Only Xhoen knew. Kexa then lifted her wrist to her face, and turned on her Viewer. After a minute or so of waiting, there was no answer.

“Xhoen always answers. Why won’t he now?” Kexa asked Ilian. Neither of them had a clue. Sadly, I do.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 15 Posted)

Chapter 16: Of a Rocky Friend

The sky above the Sightly Mountains was now dark, and the rain fell through the porous caverns of the Mountahill, the largest mountain of the Sightlies, and the nesting place of the Mountis. Caverns criss-crossed throughout the entire structure, and thanks to the magic of the Mountis, the mountain remained entirely stable. Right now, however, it risked collapse, as the magic coming from the Piece of Staff was disrupting that of the Mountis.

Inside one of the escape tunnels, a dinghy lay in splinters, utterly destroyed by impact. Next to what was left of the engine was Xhoen, who still had a grip on the Staff of Timien. He moved slightly, groaning from pain, and he carefully stood up, shaking off wood and rubble. After massaging some pains, he noticed that he was in a cavern, and so he clicked a button on his coat, and a light came from one of his pockets, a little sphere of magic that floated behind Xhoen.

He searched through the remains of the ship, but he did not find his comrades. He then called out, “Hello… is anyone else out there!” His voice echoed out through the tunnel system, but there was no response back. Xhoen sighed, and quietly said to himself, “When I get out of here, I will make sure that Krain gets the telling off of lifetimes!” Suddenly, there was crashing of boulders to his left, and he directed the light’s gaze over towards the source, and he readied his staff.

He tip-toed over to the area, hearing some scramblings and digging, and he hid behind a wall, right next to the source. After listening to continued digging, he jumped out, and had a blast nearly come from his staff, although it didn’t quite after seeing it was a little Pebblezog, one of few at that.

The little golem wasn’t a particularly interesting thing, just a pack of boulders all sorted into a humanoid shape. But it will grow to be quite immense when it becomes older, and the cute face with glowing eyes wouldn’t be so cute once it was grown. The mouth was just a flat rock attached to what appeared to be the head, but it lead to an immense stomach of unknown size.

The Pebblezog was only digging down into the ground probably because its bodily senses had discovered a nice large gravel pit, which it would feast upon until it was as large as a house. The golem probably only left its parents’ pit several days before, as the limbs haven’t fully enlarged to the proportions an older one would have.

Xhoen held his fire, and put his staff back into the use of a staff, using it as a support for his wounded leg. He did suffer other scratches and wounds, but it wasn’t important. He looked down on the little one, and after several moments, the Pebblezog realized something ,and it turned to look over to Xhoen. “Hello there, little digger. Have you found a nice little place to call home?” Xhoen asked. Pebblezogs were more intelligent than most thought, and it understood Xhoen, and it shown by nodding its little lumpy head.

It then spoke in rock speak, which is the Pebblezog language, and with what gravel it had, it arranged them into a set of words in a minute or so. Once it was done, Xhoen studied them and he made out, ‘Can you help me?’ The little thing wanted help in getting its gravel pit, so it could live happily. Xhoen sadly didn’t have anything to move the rock, so he replied, “I’m sorry, Pebblezog, I can’t really help.” The Pebblezog gave a sad grinding sound, and it continued digging downwards. Xhoen was about to turn away, when he had a thought. Maybe this Pebblezog had an idea where the others were.

He turned back towards the golem and asked, “I think I can get someone to help you, if you help me.” The Pebblezog stopped digging, and it turned to Xhoen and hopped out of the hole. It then rearranged the gravel to form the words, ‘What would you want?” This was a strangely fluent Pebblezog, so its parents must have taught it something, wherever they were.

Xhoen, after reading its message, replied, “I am looking for some people. Once I find them, I can contact a Bouldrien Magician, the Sage in fact, and I can get him to get into your gravel pit. Deal?” The golem replied by giving a happy clatter, and it jumped around in glee. It wasn’t every Pebblezog that got to have the Sage visit.

After remembering what would be necessary for the Sage, it thought in its little mind as to who he could be talking about. He remembered hearing a crash, then seeing someone land next to is work. Sometime afterward, he saw it get up, and walk off farther int othe tunnel, leaving a scent that the golem’s senses could follow. The Pebblezog, thinking of what to do, pointed into the tunnel, and motioned for Xhoen to follow it. It then toddled off, following the trail. Understanding the body language, Xhoen followed, hoping he would find who he was searching for.

~~~~

Spraklef held the ability of controlling fire, it would soon apply to making fireballs rather than lighting things on fire. Right now, the Enginerex needed more than a Fumigator. He hadn’t thought of this yet however, and now he stands with a little sprayed against a walking tree that could create fireballs. Nice odds, right?

Spraklef gave a sickly roar, and he charged towards the Enginerex, throwing the fiery pile of leaves at him. It quickly fell apart, however, but it still started a fire on the floor, and there was a small blaze spreading rapidly. “Right when things couldn’t be worse…” The Enginerex thought in his mind.

After pondering for even the slightest of time, he encountered impact with the limbed plant, and there was a wrestling match, with each trying to push each other into the growing inferno. The Enginerex then willed his suit to bring out an Extinguisher, which he had built in case any fires had erupted in his factory. Now it will be more handy in this situation.

He sprayed the beast quickly, and dodged his writhing limbs as he wiped away the foam. Seeing his chance to strike, the Enginerex charged towards it, only stopping a short distance away from it. The Willowoods were ablaze, and none of the inhabitants could stop it. Should he run for help, leaving behind his chance to retrieve this piece of the Staff of Destruction?

“No, I am not an environmentalist. Sorry, Karea. This was not my fault.” The Enginerex thought in his mind. While Spraklef was turned around, the Enginerex quickly made for the jutting rod, and when he grabbed it, he felt the fury of a god! There were no words to describe it, only emotion, and he felt as if he would become as mad as the Willowgang. Speaking of Spraklef, it was screaming as its source of power was being pulled from its resting place, with the Enginerex straining to continue.

When the Piece of the Staff was finally dislodged, the flames had suddenly stopped. The trees and forest floor were charred, but nothing more. Spraklef and the Enginerex were both on the ground, convulsing as the magic of the staff left them. After hours of this, the Enignerex lifted his head, holding it as he remembered the rage of Vien, and he searched for the rod, gettign up and looking around.

When there was no sign of it, he examined what was left of Spraklef, now nothing mroe than a comatose creature devoidof what power it had. It retained its same color, and sickly feel, but not the rage. The staff was not with it any more. The Flame Sector was gone.

~~~~

Shadien held the Flame Sector within his claws, relishing the pure rage it contained. Thanks to the Ordinance of Goodwill, he was given slight leeway to come to the surface. You see, in times of catastrophe in an area, such as the fire, it was deemed necessary for any forces to try and stop it. That includes Shadien. He is only given a certain number of times to go up in such crises, so he had to carefully plan and determine whether or not he could retrieve the sector of the Staff. Now he had.

He walked across the marbled floor of his cavern and set the piece of the staff on a pedestal, a magisterial piece of stone, and after the rod grazed the surface, the pillar lit like a candle, and it maintained a floating surface for the staff to remain perched upon. Shadien gave a sly grin, happy with his creation,

“One down, four to go.”

Chapter 17: Of the Battle of the Fish

“That fish will kill us all!”
“We’re doomed!”
“Do something Corlock!” So went the cries of the drowning crew members that were fishing. The Thundsark was now much stronger through the abilities given through the Piece of Staff, causing even a hundred men to go overboard all at once. The Corlock only floated high in the air from his airship, watching his men die right before his eyes.

Out of pure surprise, a stray strike of lightning struck the airship, and while the crew down below watched as their only hope crashed down, the men up above braced for impact. The lightning struck the most vulnerable part of the ship: The Crystal Engine. Without that, there was no energy to drive the ship through the air, so it fell.

The Corlock groaned with irritation. “I hate having to get my hands wet. Oh well, duty calls.” he sighed. He jumped from the ship, some crew gave cries of relief and fear, not knowing what to think of the Corlock’s action. They all soon yelled when they saw the Corlock drop into the water and not come up for a while. When the ship did eventually crash, there was an enormous wave that made the crew submerge, but they mostly came up from under. Some sadly did not survive, and were left as feed for the fishes.

After the waves subsided, the swimmers climbed aboard the hull, and assisted others up as well. There was a head count,and it was discovered that about a dozen men had died, along with an unknown status of the Corlock. What had happened down below?

~~~~

Right when the Corlock struck the surface, he activated his Water Talisman, giving him full access to water magic. He first created an air bubble for him to breathe, and then he manipulated the water to form jets to propel himself towards where the Thundsark swam. Underneath, it was more catastrophic than that of the surface, which was plagued with a hurricane and a variety of other malevolent natural disasters.

He searched for where the Thundsark rested, dodging and resisting the many underwater whirlpools that guarded it. Of course, there were more than this. The other carnivorous fish living here were more hungry than ever, as their prey were all eaten by the Thundsark possessed by the Piece of Staff. They had included Whirlacuda, Crawnos, and even the deadly Nightscale. The Corlock wrestled with these many creatures, blasting them with magic from his Lightning Talisman. One Whirlacuda strayed past all of this and chomped down on the right leg of the Corlock. In a cry of pain, he burned it right on the gills with Fire, and it quickly swam away.

It was a great and dangerous task to reach the Thundsark, and the Corlock was sure he could manage it. Or so he thought. When the whirlpools had ended, the predators suddenly stopped attacking, and swam away, sensing danger greater than themselves. The Corlock ignored this warning of nature, and pursued to follow the Thundsark.

Past the light of the moon, the warmth of the upper oceanic levels, he was in a dark zone of the mysterious deep. The Corlock snapped his fingers so a light ball of light came inside the bubble, alike to Xhoen’s back in the tunnels. Now with sight, he could now behold creatures never known until now. There were beasts alike to insects that crawled on the ground, pure white with only antenna to detect their surroundings, and a fish with a glowing barbel connected to its mouth, so that any prey it encountered would be entranced by the light.

The Corlock then felt a swift movement behind him, and he whipped around stopping the jets of water. There was no fish visible, so he continued, following the wake of the Thundsark. The movement was felt again, and, also again, there was no signs.

The Corlock was going to head upward towards the surface, feeling like that the Thundsark was long gone, when a strike of lightning hit his bubble, nearly popping the thick surface. Struggling to maintain his only safety from the pressure of the ocean, he frantically looked around for the source. The Thundsark,tired of waiting for the prey to wear out, came out from the shadows and charged for the Corlock, its great teeth bared and ready to strike.

Not being able to repair his damaged craft, the Corlock activated the jets to veer left, and he narrowly dodged the Thundsark. He needed to head for the surface to actively fight the Thundsark. So with a new plan in mind, he turned the jets to face the ground, and they blasted upwards to the light of the moon. The Thundsark would not give up so easily, and it pursued the Corlock, faster than the jets could carry him, and the Thundsark lunged for the delicious Mage.

It popped right through the bubble, letting out precious air and giving access to the limbs of the Corlock. The Thundsark clamped down onto the left arm of the Corlock, forcing it to disappear. Not able to yell for risk of losing air, the Corlock tried to send a signal that he was alive by sending out a pulse of water. The pulse made its way to the not-so-far away surface, and the crew paid no attention to it as the bubbles came forth. They were too busy helping their own to care.

The Corlock, seeing that no help was coming, blasted himself with what limbs he had left, and with the Thundsark attached to him, the surface was only several feet away. Right when it was to be broken, the Thunsark emitted a wave of electricity, stunning the Corlock. He thought that he was doomed to die by the jaws of the fish, as now, his breath had let out, with his breath creating bubbles for the surface to emit.

A crewman looking down into the water saw the bubbles and alerted his comrades, yelling, “The Corlock! I-I saw bubbles come from below! Get the nets!” The crew quickly forgotten their worries, needing to assist their leader. The nets were gotten from below deck, and they were quickly dropped into the ocean to try and catch their leader. When the sinkers hit the water, the weight forced the net to sink down quickly, heading straight for the Corlock.

The Thundsark unfortunately could not move very fast with the added weight of a Magikan in his jaws, so while he attempted to swim down to the surface with the half-dead Mage the net soon caught hold, and the tightening fibers latched onto the Corlock. Not wanting his meal to flee, the Thundsark maintained a firm lock on the arm ,and so when the Corlock was dragged aboard, the Thundsark finally left the water, flopping like, well, a fish as it left its life source, with the Piece of Staff now visible lodged in the tailfin as a piercing.

Some of the crew marveled at the length of the gigantic fish, while most stood around the medic as he tried to bring the Corlock back to the land of the living. THis was an ancient Lifeien Mage that was an expert in the medicinal arts, and if anyone could bring back the Corlock, he could.

After ten minutes of spells with no results, many had given up hope, and started to walk away. When a man tried to grabe hold of the Disaster Sector, the Corlock suddenly gave a great breath and roared, “Do not touch that sector of the Staff! Ungh!” Just as quickly as he had awakened, he had fell back asleep. The Thundsark, without having its precious water, soon fell dead, and when the liveliness of the wriggling of the fish died, so too did the quakes and hurricanes of the Disaster Sector of the Staff of the Destruction.

The Sector sat glowing, awaiting for a new host to arise. The Sector, along with the others, were partially sentient ,and could communicate their aner to others. Whosoever drew the Sector of the Staff would know true rage; the Rage of Vien.

Chapter 18: Of the Tunnel Chase

Xhoen and the Pebblezog wandered through the confusing maze of the Mountahill, searching for, well, whoever the Pebblezog saw. It was unclear from the drawing that the Pebblezog had given Xhoen a short while back (which was a perplexing mess of scribbles), but when there was a scream of a young woman coming from a tunnel, it was clear as to who it was.

After hearing the call, Xhoen yelled back, “Efrexa, I’m coming for you!” He then ran into the tunnel he had heard from. Not wanting to be left behind, the Pebblezog followed stomping along with its short limbs. Inside was a cavern, which contained Efrexa, some little balls of fur, and a very angry Plowff. Oh… that explains who else made the caverns.

“Help me Xhoen! I was trying to find a way out when I wandered into its nest!” Efrexa screamed. She was indeed right, as the little balls of fur were tiny Plowfflings, mewling for protection from their big mama. The mother Plowff, although blind, could easily smell Efrexa mixed with her children, so she was in no mood to friendly.

Xhoen had never dealt with a Plowff already angry, as one always tries to avoid the obvious clues as to where the nest was (enlarged hole, scrapings among the walls, grass in a cavern), unlike what Efrexa had done. This instance was not one he had in mind.

The Pebblezog squirmed with fear and hid behind Xhoen, not wanting to end up being gravel instead of eating it. Young Pebblezogs are quite fearful of creatures larger than itself. Anyway, Xhoen needed to get Efrexa out of the nest, and out of the tunnel system, so to quell the fury of the Plowff. “Efrexa, come here, now!!” Xhoen roared. The poor girl was nearly frozen stiff, but she ran over to Xhoen regardless, and huddled into his comforting arms.

The Plowff, now even more furious, screeched out a high pitch, and scraped over towards Xhoen at high speed. Needing some intense speed himself, he ran over back into the tunnel which he came from. Efrexa followed close by, with the Pebblezog now resorting to rolling along the ground to keep up.

“I am so sorry for all of this Xhoen! I didn’t know that that was a Plowff nest! I-whoah!” Efrexa tried to explain before the tunnel suddenly collapsed underneath them, leaving a gaping hole in the floor. The Plowff was a good distance away, but not far enough to not make it there in a few minutes.

Efrexa, after they fell through, asked hurriedly, “Any other plans in that big head of yours, Xhoen!” The Pebblezog, sensing great danger for its life, began digging to the right. Suddenly, it felt a familiar presence: its gravel pit. Excited, it dug faster and faster, creating a small tunnel.

“What is it, Pebblezog? Do you know where to go?” Xhoen asked the little golem. The Pebblezog only gave a grind of approval, and continued digging to its precious pit. Xhoen then started doing the same, using his staff as a lever to move away the dirt. Efrexa helped by clawing through the dirt, having no other tools for digging.

There was another screech, and the Plowff was much closer now, nearly to their tunnel. The seconds ticked by, and slowly they made their way to the gravel pit, with only the Pebblezog knowing their destination. Xhoen nearly gave up from exhaustion after another minute or so, but after the snout of the Plowff appeared from the entrance to their tunnel, Xhoen started right back, fearing for his life.

The foul creature screeched yet again, nearly at its quarry, when the threesome suddenly dropped again, into a soft bed of gravel. The floor below them was not as sturdy as the rest of the tunnel ,so they fell through from their combined weight. The Plowff sensed a weakness in the floor, and quickly dug out of the tunnel, the claws digging away the dirt above. Gravel was no place for a Plowff, as the gravel pits in Magika were practically underground lakes.

When the screeches died off, Xhoen gave a sigh of relief. The gravel pit was a safe haven for the time being, with the darkness lit by Xhoen’s staff and light. The Pebblezog jumped with glee, and dived downward into the gravel, feasting upon its staple food. In a few years, the little one would be the size of a two-story building, ready for searching for a mate.

Efrexa, now out of danger, laughed with relief. “Its a good thing you had made friends with that Pebblezog, or else we would have been a Plowff’s lunch!” Xhoen, now more relaxed, also laughed.

“If I had not made a friend of Terra there, you would have been the lunch! Ha ha!” Efrexa made a mental note to keep the Pebblezog’s name Terra in mind. Terra was a fitting name for it.

Their cheer suddenly stopped when they heard a great roar from inside the cavern. Staying frozen stiff, Xhoen listened for the source again. Another roar came from the same direction, sounding like it was giving a warning. Terra came from the gravel, holding another fistful, suddenly clattering like mad. The little stones that made him where shaking stronger than a leaf in a windstorm.

Efrexa was trying to get a hold of the Pebblezog language, so she asked Terra, “Terra, do you know what that is? Does it not like us here?” Terra swiftly nodded, then pointed to itself, and expanded his arms, showing that it was something extremely fearful indeed. Efrexa did not make heads or tails of it, so she looked over to Xhoen for guidance. He had a terrified face, and as he looked back to Efrexa, he lowered his breathing.

Xhoen then responded, “Efrexa, this cavern belongs to someone else. This is the gravel pit of an ancient Pebblezog.”

“Well how do do we escape from it?” Efrexa asked. Xhoen sighed with despair.

“We can’t escape”

Last edited:
Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 18 Posted)

Chapter 19: Of the Ancient Pebblezog

Several hours after the Corlock’s return to the ship, there was a great hubbub about the Sector of Disaster. Many had wanted to retrieve it for the Corlock, but he specifically commanded that he himself will collect it. No one knows how long that would be…

~~~~

The adult Pebblezog gave another roar and there was audible stomping as it tracked the intruders. Terra was terrified of its predicament. It thought for sure that this gravel pit was unoccupied, and now he was clicking like crazy. Xhoen knew it would only speed up their demise, so he quickly grabbed hold of the golem and dampened the clatter.

Efrexa, fearful for her life, looked around until she saw a small opening in the cave wall to her right. She loudly whispered to Xhoen, “Xhoen, look to the right! There’s an escape hole!” Xhoen looked over in the mentioned direction, as well as Terra. Terra, breaking free of Xhoen’s grasp, dashed as fast as his little legs could carry him, with Xhoen and Efrexa following close behind. The Pebblezog roared yet again, and the stomping grew louder.

When the hole was only a few feet away,it was obvious that there was needing to be an adjustment. The hole was too small for Xhoen or Efrexa, and just big enough for Terra. Xhoen brought the Pebblezog closer to him, and whispered, “Terra, can you dig a way for us to get out? I feel a light breeze coming from the hole.” What Xhoen had noticed was true, as there was a faint, cold breeze blowing out of the nook.

After listening to Xhoen’s request, the Pebblezog quickly took action, wanting to remain living for as long as possible. Adult Pebblezogs were known to be cannibals of their own kind, you know. Efrexa was already tired from the past digging project, but she continued as far as she could, pulling away rocks and debris. Xhoen, in the same state as Efrexa, levered away dirt as he did before, the Artifact not suffering the least bit of wear.

There was another great roar, much closer than previous instances, and Efrexa could not help but look behind them. There was an enormous mountain of boulders and pebbles,all arranged in a somewhat humanoid shape. The arms were longer than the Temporal Tower, the legs however just being slightly bigger than a grown tree. The chest was enormous, larger than the Magikanos probably was. What was most fearsome was the head, a tiny piece compared to the chest, but the teeth shaped like humongous stalactites, along with the glowing yellow eyes, made it terrifying in the dark.

Efrexa couldn’t help but give a slight peep of fear, and with its extremely sensitive senses, the Pebblezog turned towards the trio of intruders,and it whipped backwards, and lunged into a forward charge, meaning to squish them like a bug. Xhoen heard the massive stomping, and he stopped his work ,and activated the Staff of Timien to order. The Pebblezog then suddenly froze, although the magic had a hard time keeping the hulking magical being in place.

“Run around to the back of it everyone!” Xhoen yelled, straining as the magic wore away his resources. Terra didn’t hear Xhoen ,but Efrexa took his arm and dragged him as she ran with Xhoen over to the other side of the Pebblezog. When his magic was spent, they were safely behind the creature, and with a grunt of relief, Xhoen stopped the magic. The Pebblezog continued its charge towards the wall, and with a sound of thunder, the wall came crashing down on the Pebblezog, making a great entrance to a tunnel to the outside.

“Now, run!!” Xhoen roared. The three quickly sprinted as fast as they could their stamina nearly worn out. The Pebblezog was a tough creature however, and from his sprawled position on the floor, it came back up, the gargantuan joints grinding their way upwards. Xhoen quickly stopped his chase, only about twenty yards from the exit, and the Pebblezog.

The Pebblezog roared yet again, and it took a chunk of rock that fell from the wall and threw over at the miniscule beings that invaded his home. The boulder soared through the empty space, and just as it was going to land on them, there was yet again another sound of thunder, and with a mighty flash, the boulder was nothing but gravel. Perplexed, Xhoen looked slightly behind the Pebblezog, and he saw Krain, holding a shining Artifact in his hands.

Perplexed as Xhoen was, the Pebblezog turned around, and noticed the disruptor of his plans. After noticing Krain, it reared back ,and came forward with another roar. Krain simply responded by firing a bolt of lightning into the throat of the beast. Unexpectedly, there was a loud boom coming from within ,and with a groan, the Pebblezog came down like a tree in a storm.

After the dust had settled, Krain observed the wide-eyed trio, with Terra having a wide-mouthed expression instead. He then asked sarcastically, “Now do you regret letting me come along?” Efrexa and Xhoen simply walked over, and stood next to Krain.

Xhoen then asked, ‘How...how did you bring that thing down? And how did you know where to find us?” Krain simply shrugged while hiding his Artifact again.

“It’s not like I knew where you were, or how to bring down that Pebblezog. I figured in my mind that even that had to have a digestive system of some sort, so a good blast of lightning combined with the magical center… well you saw what happened.” Krain explained while dusting himself off. “Also, I had no idea that you were in that cavern. When the wall collapsed, I was still searching through the tunnels of this confounded place to find you. I could hardly see you, even if you couldn’t see me behind the Pebblezog. So when he lobbed the boulder, I knew I had to take action. Would you like to find the Mountis?” He then walked back into the tunnels, with Xhoen, Efrexa, and even Terra following close behind. Terra needed to find a new gravel pit anyways, as it was sure that was not the last of the ancient Pebblezog in the mountain.

Re: The War of the Logi and Magi (Chapter 19 Posted)

I am so sorry for my lack of posting. I am currently suffering the terrible state of writer's block, and am trying to figure out the current event I am writing, so I haven't gotten around to posting a new chapter. But I will assure you that I will finish this story, but then take a break from writing, and let the story be slowly written and then when it is finished, post it here. Wish me luck!

Chapter 20: Of the Battle of the Mountis (Part 1)

In the furthest depths of the Mountahill, Serea lay unconscious, sprawled on the floor from the sheer force of the crash. It was unknown as to how she ended up here, or even if she is still among us, the living, but there was something very troubling in this area of the Mountahill. There was a large crash to the left of Serea, and another to the right. Out of the darkness behind her stepped out an enormous left leg of an insect, and then some moments later, the right leg. The creature was larger than the Pebblezog, so much so that it seemed a child in comparison. This was the wreaker of havoc, the destroyer of the Sightly Mountains: The Mountis that is Possessed by the Staff.

The Mountis was a dull brown color, but don’t let that make you think it was uninteresting to look at. The legs were enormous pieces of natural armor, and the rest of the body was covered in zig-zagging plates of insect. The claws of this beast were sharper than those of a Plowff, easily capable of cutting away tops of mountains. The magic that the Mountis used was seen flowing through the claws as well, little veins of pure Magikal dust. The head was a huge boulder, with extremely long antennae and unblinking yellow eyes. The Mountis, to top it all off, had one slight irregularity in the head: A piece of metal, the shape of a Staff, glowing a vibrant crimson. The plating was infected in the area around the staff, a gross purple color.

Serea was unmoving for a long while after the Mountis had appeared, and while she lay still, the Mountis clicked its jaws, seeing if she would make a delectable meal. It then brought his claw closer, and out from a secret crevice, a second, smaller claw, designed to grab things. It then gingerly grabbed her, with herself seeming like a tiny doll in comparison to her, and just as she would have dropped down its mouth, her eyes came open.

She was slow to wake at first, but when she saw the gaping maw,she quickly reacted, sending out a wave of Magikally produced water into the mouth, and then freezing it. Shocked, the Mountis promptly dropped her, attempting to scrape away the ice lodged in its mouth. Serea swiftly slowed her descent by creating an ice-slide from the moisture around her, using what few skills she had as a Water Magician to escape from the creature. She couldn’t risk using Time Magic just yet, as unlike what you may think, her Time Dust is collected in much lower quantities than her Water Dust.

Her peaceful escape quickly turned awry, as just as fast as she had froze the creature’s mouth, the jaws came a clacking again, sending out a fearful tune of horrid clicks and snas. THe Mountis then ran for her, charging as fast as its legs could carry. The ice from Serea wouldn’t be enough to keep a higher speed than the Mountis, so instead of a continued ice path, she muttered some words, and there was a light-blue glow surrounding her. She then jumped off of the path, and began sprinting through the cavern, going just barely faster than the hulking Mountis. And so the chased and chaser went, through the enormous Main Cavern of the Mountahill.

~~~~

On the Magikanos, there was trouble with the crew. There have been sightings of enormous fissures in the ground, and new ones popping up, signaling the activity of a Mountis. Mountis, as stated, were large enough to mistake for a mountain from far away, so there was uneasiness as to continue or not.Vason kept their spirits up by reassuring them that as long as that he, the Sage, was aboard, that no harm would come to them by Mountis. All of the creatures, no matter what they may do, always protect the Sage of their magic.

This reassurance was quickly extinguished when they heard the clicking of a Mountis from within the Mountahill. Many Mountis were extremely protective of their land, especially the Mountahill. There was many a tale of those who ventured within the mountain, and leaving within a few minutes of entering, claiming that the Mountis will kill them all. This myth was constantly debunked by Vason, claiming that the Mountis will only harm those who would harm itself, but the crew simply won’t accept it.

In any case, the only thing that is keeping the crew from evacuating the ship is the prize awaiting them after they would return home. A few thousand Gracians is nothing to take lightly after all. Vason just hoped that his companions still lived in the mountain, with the myths being nothing more than that.

~~~~

“Face it Xhoen, we’re lost” Efrexa stated as the foursome wandered through the tunnels of the Mountahill. They continually attempted to find a way out, with Xhoen constantly claiming that he felt a breeze coming from a particular direction, but there were breezes coming from everywhere, as the Mountahill was a honeycomb of tunnels all connected somehow to the outside.

Xhoen was adamant that he was right, so he talked back, “I assure you, that this is the right way! Do you have any better ideas than to stay put?” Krain then responded.

“Well that would be the best idea, considering that Vason is the Earth Sage and that he is surely on his way now! If we keep moving around like this, it will just be all the harder for Vason! You-” Krain yelled before being cut off by a sudden crash to the far wall to the left of them. Xhoen quickly turned and saw that there was an enormous brown insect coming their way, with a grey blur just barely in front of it.

“Run! Run for our lives!” Krain roared, and he immediately began running into an adjacent tunnel. Xhoen and Efrexa followed, and in a few moments, they were quickly moving as fast as the grey blur was,and they grabbed Krain and weaved through the tunnels.

The grey blur took quick notice of Xhoen and Efrexa, and sped up to reach them. The insect roared, and amped up its pace. It was not going to let its quarry get away from it. The grey blur came close to Xhoen, and when he stared at it confusingly, he recognized the face inside. “Serea! You’re here! But how-”

“Stop stating the obvious and let me say something straight! That thing that is following us is a huge Mountis, and just as I was going to be eaten as a snack, I got free from its grasp-don’t ask how- and noticed that a large rod was lodged in its head. That has got to be the Sector of Staff we were searching for!” Serea yelled through the speeding air. Xhoen took a moment to process the information, shoving back the thought that Serea may have been food for the Mountis.

“Well, that’s nice to know, except we are being chased by a monster super-powered by that sector! How are we supposed to stop the Mountis from eating us!” Krain yelled back as he was being carried. Serea’s pace suddenly jutted a bit slower, but came back up. Her Dust was running out.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom