• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

Eevee, oh poor Eevee. I swear at some point I kinda felt bad for you.
It was a fun concept to make your own role based on a few words. I like how Eresh faked the same thing to ME with only 1 word, something like underpowered or underwhelming right XD
For his word choice, although it technically happened in D1 I let him chose before it started to give myself some more time to make a role... or 6. So, being AE, he chose a Power Rangers quote and so I decided to keep the choice theme consistent and give him one of the colours from the original series. I based each one on colour meanings used in the real world. Red and green being a partial exception. Red as the leader works both as a colour and as the character. For green I gave the miller effect as he was originally the villain of the series. A misunderstanding happened in the role, being made so quickly, in that AE thought he could choose each night. Rereading it, I could see how he got that and is definitely something that I personally screwed up.
Now, he chose Yellow ranger and wanted to confirm ME with Elie as allies. A good move from his perspective but ME was already going to shoot Elie so it would have been useless anyway.
He got insanified that night, seriously mafia, the only role I wasn't ready for to flip and you choose it. So I grabbed this thing
Don't get me wrong, It is an awesome role... It just had two problems... One being the PM could have been clearer, and two... the confusion over insanifer. I would honestly love to get a role like this again. (I'll probably choose a different set of words next time though :p)

recently most games have no OC and some people, including myself, wanna see a return in that
I think that's unlikely to happen. I mean, I ignored OC for the majority of the game, except for the one moment when I decided I could trust ME and needed his guidance.

Seriously, ME... my first Lie Detector check was going to be on you, where you said you were the godfather :p

What did you think of the game if you already didnt say so?
It was frustrating. Especially when Elieson threw accusations at me out of the blue. I still don't know how I didn't get lynched that day, as the lynch was pretty set in stone.

What do you think of the roles in relation to the awards?
I love how mine pretty much reflected the game my role originated from.

What did you think of the Flavour?
It was okay.

What would you change in the game and how?
No insanifer, no OC.

Would you like to see a TWR Awards '19 Mafia?
Depends if I'm still around.

Any other comments?

Yeah... Good work with the code breaker, Eresh... You definitely deserve an award at the end of this season for that alone :p

I thought it was a really amazing unbalanced bastard game but a very good learning experience.

They suited them pretty well imo.

Flavour was fun to read. That lightsaber hurts a lot though. :(

More activity, less reliance on 1 person, less reliance on unknown mechanisms which can be breached, less laziness, more attention to the game.

Sure. It will be interesting.

Muahahahaha! Congratulations, fellow scum, and nice try, Town! I just love how me and Piko accidentally faking the same role turned into a contributing factor for our win. :p And I seriously can’t thank Ereshkigal enough for cracking the code, which was vital to our success...even though I couldn’t stop worrying about how scummy she was looking to the thread, lol. Welp, time for me to catch up on the flavor, then I’ll answer those questions.

*What did you think of the game if you already didnt say so?*

Honestly, there were so many moments I figured we’d be done for, and it was absolutely thrilling to maintain our control of the game to the very end. Definitely a very fun time!

*What do you think of the roles in relation to the awards?*

They seem pretty fitting to me.

*What did you think of the Flavour?*

I enjoyed it.

*What would you change in the game and how?*

I’d give the Zexy role an easier wincon to play for and a more useful power, or make him some sort of Town role. (Fun fact: I actually hosted a game offsite once that included a Lightning Rod Zexy role.)

*Would you like to see a TWR Awards '19 Mafia?*

Certainly.

*Any other comments?*

If I rolled the role that AE did, I would’ve considered submitting the words “catch that scum!”

And, uh...if anything else comes to me that I’ve forgotten, I’ll mention it, I guess!

I'm not a fan of OC and I have my moments when I start to worry that I'm actually talking to a scum player on OC. I'm annoyed ME shot me after I had an OC chat with him, I started to get more suspicious of him when he did not respond back to me on OC, and I'm always against a Vigilante blind firing on another town.

Some of the roles were creative and I would say the Victini Giver should have worked more like an inventor role rather than just passing it to another player and putting a 1x use on the Victini.

I liked the flavor.

No OC and no Insanifier.

Yes

I can't finish this without questions, now can I?

It would be a violation of the Geneva Convention on Mafia Gaming.

I think I took too many risks. They paid off, sometimes greatly (ME shooting Jinjo, for example), but it was seriously skin of our teeth quite often.

I would have changed the Zexy role and replaced Recruit and Insanifier :p

I loved it!

Not having Town reliant upon codes. That gave Mafia a huge advantage, to the point it was overpowering when combined with the insanifier.

Yes, definitely.

Any other comments?

Can we invite people to Mafia chat and let them see it?

*What would you change in the game and how?*

I’d give the Zexy role an easier wincon to play for and a more useful power, or make him some sort of Town role. (Fun fact: I actually hosted a game offsite once that included a Lightning Rod Zexy role.)
Zexy won best single indep so he had to be an indep

For the removal of the insanifier, it was the role that gave ME a big boost in his awards so it just had to be there.

I'm surprised so many peopel say no to OC. For me personally it gave a lot of great moments to me. Jinjo, in your example of beng afraid to talk to scum, I totally get that but the part of OC is also to try to figure out if the other person is scum or not, its a chat on a smaller scale and, if used properly, gives town a good boost. This was also why I added it in this game against the insanifier. Any buff can help.
As for the ohers, I'm curious why you prefer no OC :D

OC unbalances the game and makes for some pretty boring game play.
I wouldn't necessarily say unbalanced as it cna be a tool to actually balance something that would lean towards scum favour, on the other hand, when done well scum can also use this to manipulate people. It doesn't always work but it's so satisfying when it does.
I can see where you're coming from with the boring part, it removes some interactivity in the main thread and if you're not included you won't notice it.

Depends on how well it is used.
OC can be very pro-Town, and it usually is most of the time.
However, in a few cases (notably this game and a certain Build-It Mafia), scum can use OC to their advantage and tear the town apart from within.

What OC provides is a “safe” means of private communication and claiming for Town members, along with ways to coordinate actions and so forth.

Honestly, part of the reason that this game fell apart was that I really didn’t take many initiatives in OC, while Eresh did. She slipped up a few times, to be sure, and I really, really should have had her lynched instead of Snake when she messed up and revealed that she knew Klav was the Cop to me in OC.

I am kicking myself for missing or outright ignoring so many things in this game.

Overall, I had fun. I learned new strategies and approaches.
I liked seeing them, and I'm glad I'm in it :D
It was interesting and I enjoyed reading them
No outside communication, no codes, and balancing the roles.
Definitely.
Any other comments?
Thank you for hosting!

Back
Top Bottom