• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

Okay... this is one heck of a messed up situation.

Right, to simplify things:
I'm the cop and I didn't receive any indication of the sanity. Just plain cop in my role description.

Night one I went for jdthebud and got a town result. Night two Aussie Eevee turned up mafia.
Correct, and, knowing that a) this game is bastard, and b) Snake the Role Cop targeted you on N1, I assumed that either hidden sanities or an Insanifier is at play here. If Mafia learned your role N1, which lynching Snake was supposed to prove, then Insanifying you on N2 could yield them as many as 2 mislynches/miskills. 1 for the scum result you received N2, and the second for the town result you received N1 after your scum check flipped town.

Unfortunately, Snake was an Indep, so there's no proof one way or another.

And because I was bored, a special message for the mafia who are now cursing at me ruining their plan:

xmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqjx jx jx jx jtqer desq jc qm dlpijlgcq jc qlx md jx hmpisdlkg xmt amp yhcqqekb jcvesd l jeki sm pdxjc lki svm dxnc accses acchq bmmi vdck xmt gkmv xmtpc imvkl qtncp imnc dmjcymx apmj sdc mlgsmvklki ej gkmvk lq qtrdlki sdeq eq l ycls td xmt rlks smtrde smhi xmt dmjcymx xmt rlks smtrd sdeqxcld sdlsq dmv vc heuekb lki xmt gkmv xmt rlks smtrd sdeqhmmg ek jx cxcq jlk xmt rlks smtrd sdeqxm hcs jc ytqs sdc atkgx hxperq xmt rlks smtrd sdeqapcqd kcv gergq lki nlksqxmt bmssl hegc sdls kmv xmt gkmv xmt vlkkl ilkrcqm jmuc mtssl xmtp qclslki bcs l ahx beph lki rlsrd sdeq yclsvdehc esq pmhhekb dmhi mkntjn l hesshc yes lki hcs cj gkmv esq bmekb mkhegc sdls hegc sdlsrmhi mk l jeqqemk qm alhh mk ylrghcs cj gkmv sdls xmtpc smm jtrdlki sdeq eq l ycls td sdcx rlks smtrdxm e smhi xmt xmt rlks smtrd sdeqvdx xmt qslkiekb sdcpc jlk xmt rlks smtrd sdeqxm qmtki sdc ychh qrdmmh eq ek qtrgcp xmt rlks smtrd sdeqbeuc jc l qmkb mp pdxsdjjlgc cj qvcls sdlsq vdls ej beuekb cj kmvsdcx gkmvxmt slhgekb lymts sdc dljjcp xmt slhgekb lymts l qdmvsdlsq dxnci lki sebdsqekbcpq lpc qvclsekb qm nlqq sdcj l vencmp l slnc sm hclpkvdlsq es bmkkl slgc ek sdc q sm ytpksdc rdlpsq hcbescesdcp vmpg dlpi mp xmt jebds lq vchh otessdlsq vmpi ycrltqc xmt gkmvxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqypclg es imvkqsmn dljjcp sejcbm vesd sdc ahmv es eq qleiea xmt rlks bpmmuc sm sdeq sdck xmt npmylyhx lpc icliqm vluc xmtp dlkiq ek sdc lepytqs l acv jmucq ptk xmtp aekbcpq sdpmtbd xmtp dlepsdeq eq es amp l vekkcpilkrc sm sdeq lki xmtpc bmkkl bcs sdekkcpjmuc qheic xmtp ptjnftqs amp l jektsc hcsq lhh im sdc ytjn ytjn ytjn ytjnxcld xmt rlks smtrd sdeqhmmg jlk xmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt ycsscp bcs dxnc ymx ycrltqc xmt gkmv xmt rlks xmt rlks smtrd sdeqpekb sdc ychh qrdmmhq ylrg ekypclg es imvkqsmn dljjcp sejcxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqypclg es imvkqsmn dljjcp sejccucpx sejc xmt qcc jcsdc dljjcpq ftqs qm dxncej imnc mk sdc ahmmp lki ej jlber mk sdc jerkmv vdx vmthi e cucp qsmn imekb sdeqvesd msdcpq jlgekb pcrmpiq sdls ftqs imks deseuc smtpci lpmtki sdc vmphi apmj hmkimk sm sdc ylxesq dljjcp bm dljjcp jr dljjcp xm dljjcplki sdc pcqs rlk bm lki nhlxxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxmt rlks smtrd sdeqxcld xmt rlks smtrd sdeqe smhi xmt xmt rlks smtrd sdeqsmm dxnc rlks smtrd sdeqxcld vc mtssl dcpc rlks smtrd sdeq

Correct, and, knowing that a) this game is bastard, and b) Snake the Role Cop targeted you on N1, I assumed that either hidden sanities or an Insanifier is at play here. If Mafia learned your role N1, which lynching Snake was supposed to prove, then Insanifying you on N2 could yield them as many as 2 mislynches/miskills. 1 for the scum result you received N2, and the second for the town result you received N1 after your scum check flipped town.

Unfortunately, Snake was an Indep, so there's no proof one way or another.
The thing is, we have no way of knowing how mafia had access to that information. Snake claims that they haven't given any information to the mafia, which makes me think Snake didn't tell anyone of the role check result.

So my main question is:
If I was insanified, then when and how did mafia learn about my role?

I think they figured it out after this post. They already had our codes by that point. They wouldn't have needed to rolecop you a single night, but could instead focus on the people with unclear claims or no claims at all.

After that, they just insanified you the next night. I don't think they particularly cared who you targeted, as long as it got another townie and you lynched.

The thing is, we have no way of knowing how mafia had access to that information. Snake claims that they haven't given any information to the mafia, which makes me think Snake didn't tell anyone of the role check result.
Naturally, I thought Snake was scum, not an Indep. Can you blame me? His role makes no sense.

Does anything about this game make any sense at this point?

@DarthWolf If there is a "more of a bastard GM than ME award" in the next awards, I'm nominating you for it.

Protip to players

RoleCops are so rarely town, that they're practically auto-lynch fodder on claim alone.

Considering AE's role, dual driver claims, the handful of jack!claims, and the strong possibility of a role that modifies / inverts results, this game may be unsalvagable at this point. Honestly though, I think that there might actually be an issue with relation to the theory of said insanifier, in terms of why the game is quickly nearing its end; insanifying a protective role would add to the pile of corpses and that might just speed things along. There thus may not be a cult, as a double kill tonight when the game is at 9p means we'd enter D4 with 7 people alive, and a 3 person mafia team is dangerously close to a win and a 4 person mafia team just automatically wins. Of course, if there's an extra kill, that's the source of the strife, resulting in what could be a triple nightkill, and the game entering parity tomorrow (6p, 3:3) and at that point it's GG mafiaso anyway.

RoleCops are so rarely town, that they're practically auto-lynch fodder on claim alone.
I'll remind you that AussieEevee was a town RoleCop in PvD Mafia, and I was a Town RoleCop in Periodic Table Mafia.
But you're right, in that we shouldn't have wasted D2 lynching Caps, we should have lynched Snake then and there. You had your plan, though, and I was willing to go along with it because I wanted to be lazy.
That's on me.

I'm starting to think ME is the Insanifier who fake claimed Vigilante. One of his posts he says he's good at catching scum but he is failing so bad in this game and directing the lynch to players who are not mafia and he even said he's lazy. On Day 2 he made a half baked in deph analysis, he keeps making random posts, and now I start to worry he has been fishing for town roles from Elieson.

@Elieson I think I've sorted this one out.
fcjfk cp ieaslktp rbsnsrqen pbep qbe lktdsqben kd qbcp c si renqscjc bsve se hce teqerqcja ft psycja qbsq bep qkwj ouq lhespe bsve ghsv prsj fcjfk sjt lcgs lnkqerq ben telejtcja kj wbsq nepuhq pbe aeqp we pbkuht gjkw wbcrb kd ft sjt se cp pruisp dkn lcgk sjt ieaslkt qbsqp s qkuab kje ouq c qbcjg cve akqqej up sq hespq qwk prui kuq kd qbcp ft psyp bep upcja bytnecakj kj lcgk qkjcabq

I have another song for the mafia to enjoy! Feel free to decode it!

esq l vmphi ma hltbdscpl vmphi ma sclpqesq l vmphi ma dmncqlki l vmphi ma aclpqsdcpcq qm jtrd sdls vc qdlpcsdls esq sejc vcpc lvlpcesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh qjlhh vmphisdcpc eq ftqs mkc jmmklki mkc bmhick qtklki l qjehc jclkqapeckiqden sm cucpx mkcsdmtbd sdc jmtkslekq ieueiclki sdc mrclkq lpc veicesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh vmphi lascp lhhesq l qjlhh qjlhh vmphi

"I don't get it, how are we not finding the traitors?" asked Lone_Garururmon.
"Our menpower is thinning and we can't go on for longer." responded DarthWolf.
"Indeed," Rainbow Cloud seemed to agree, "we need to come up with a fi..."
He got interrupted when Maniacal Engineer walked into the room.
"Ladies and gentlemen," the engineer announced o his entrance, "allow me to to welcome an old friend of ours to help solve this case... Zexy!"
He stepped aside and there stood Zexy. He waved and said: "Hey guys, how are you doing? I've heard about the issue here, ME told me all about it."
"Why would I tell myself about it?" asked ME sarcastically, "I already know this of course."
Zexy ignored him and continued. "To start my investigation I would ike to question every one of you that has won an award."

The mods accepted that without any struggle. One by one did they go into a small room to talk with Zexy, each taking about an hour.
"I see why you brought him here." said Dylan to ME.
"He seems to know what he is doing."
ME chuckled. "He may have his crazy and unbalanced games but as a player he knows what he is doing."

"Hey ME!" shouted Zexy, "You're up next. You wouldn't think I'd forget about you right."
The chat between the two old moderators seemed to last longer that the others and from time to time you could hear some loud laughter coming from inside the room.
"I feel like they're not even working on the case anymore," said Midorikawa, "it's like they completely forgot about it."
"Ah let them be." said Crystal Onix. "After all, they're good friends and probably haven't spoken on a personal level in a while."

At midnight Zexy was finally able to finish talking to all moderators and having his long chat with his buddy.
"I'm getting tired of all of this," he said, "so I'll just take a good nights rest and come back tomorrow to finish things up."

The next morning the moderators gathered in eagerness to finally solve this case. Zexy wasn't there yet, most likely needing a bit more sleep.
"Knock knock" the door to the moderator room banged. Someone was there, it must be Zexy.
DarthWolf opened the door and came back with a confused and spooked face.
"What's wrong mate?" asked Lone.
"So it wasn't Zexy at the door, but a delivery man." responded Darth. "It's a box of fried chicken with a note."
The note read: "I hope you like your chicken like I like mine... freshly slaughtered."
FT for last update has been posted.

Day 4
Day 4 - The Interview

The clock was ticking, left and right people who won an award died by the hands of the evil gang, be it directly or indirectly.
"You would expect us to be able to figure this out right," said SoaringDylan, "there are only a handful of people left and WE somehow can't solve this."
"Of course WE can't," said the maniacal boss sarcastically, "allow ME to take the lead. I've just contacted two of our possible suspects for an interview."
"An interview?" asked DarthWolf. "You truly think they would fall for a simple interview like that. Who are they anyway?"
ME smirked and said: "Not if they are already staff members being offered more power by an admin. After all it's CheffOfGames and MegaPod we're talking about. Those guys couldn't resist the lure of power. Trust ME."
ME walked away to his office. "Now if you don't mind, I have an interview to attend to."

When ME arrived at his office the duo of Cheff and Pod were already eagerly waiting.
"Gentlemen," greeted the engineer, "good to see you're here already. Follow me inside please and take a seat."
The group sat down at ME's desk with the owner on his side and the guests next to each other facing the boss.
ME looked at each attendant for a moment very carefully and then asked: "So why do you think you would be fit as the vice president of this place? Giving you access to everything I have, except my personal privileges."
The two guests looked in awe both at ME and at each other.
"You aren't serious right?" asked MegaPod.
"Why would you pick us of all people?" wondered Cheff.

ME stood up and turned around looking outside his window.
"It's simple realy, this whole mystery is really. I should have known it were the two of you."
Cheff and MP looked at each other not knowing what was going on and shrugged.
ME continued: "And then to actually set this trap was so simple. How to lure in people who seek more recognition and power, by offering them more of course."

MegaPod left his chair and slowly walked to the door. "Yeah I'll be going, I don't like the sound of this anymore."
He tried to open the door but failed.
"Hah," ME laughed, "the door is locked. Do you really think I didn't plan this. Your behaviour clearly shows that you're guilty."
ME snapped his fingers and two auto-turrets appeared from the ceiling. "It's over!"

The turrets fired a barrage of lasers at MegaPod, utterly murdering him in front of Cheff's eyes.

Jinjo has been killed.
Dear Jinjo,

You are MegaPod. Winner of the Most Sportsmanlike Conduct, Best New Host and Best Flavor Writer awards.
The latter two awards were earned by your first and only hosted game of the season, Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia. This mafia game is based on a Fun & Games game with the same name where people try to take a Shiny Victini. However, since you’ve shown to be very sportsmanlike, you will this time give the Victini away.

Therefore, you are the Victini Giver. You start the game of with a Victini in your possession. This prompt the following message:
You’ve obtained a Shiny Victini, congratulations! He is awaiting your orders, you can do one of the following things:
  • Use your night action on Victini, if possible, by selecting him as your player target. This will give a gift to Victini which is a 1x use of that power.
  • You can give a night result you obtained during the same night as you obtained Victini to him as a gift in the form of a letter with that information on it.
  • If Victini already has a gift, you can take all of them for yourself and obtain any and all powers and letters he currently possess.
Victini is very social and likes fair play so no matter if you choose to take one of the above actions or none of them, you MUST give the Shiny Victini to another player during the night after you've obtained it by using the command Give the Shiny Victini to [Player]. If you do not do this then there may or may not be any negative effects involved.

If the player holding the Shiny Victini dies, it will return to you immediately.

You are aligned with team Ocarina of Time and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated.

Cheff got shocked and shouted: "Murderer!"
He lunged at ME. However, ME turned around and grabbed Cheff at his face, stopping him in full force. "It's treason then." ME said as he sucked all the life force out of CheffOfGames.

"Now then, let's get the real threat dealt with."

AussieEevee has been killed.
Dear AussieEevee,

You are CheffOfGames. Winner of the Most Creative Host and Best Original Game awards.
You’ve earned these for You Decide The Rules Mafia, aka YDTR Mafia. A game where each player gets a to choose a part of the rules in the game which can, and in your case shall, create some crazy setup.

Therefore, you are the YDYR (You Decide Your Role). At any point in the game you can give me 3 words. It can be a sentence, 3 separate and unrelated words… however you want it. Based on those words I will create a role for you. I’ll try to consider all the words for the role, but keep in mind that due to game balancing that might not be possible. You will receive your role at the start of the next phase.

You are aligned with team Ocarina of Time and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated.
Dear AussieEevee,

“It’s Morphin Time” A famous quote from the Power Rangers franchise. This is used when the Ranger transform into their suits and become more powerful human beings. Every ranger is different and has a different colour.

Therefore, you are the YDY Power Ranger.
You are able to transform into one of the following Ranger:
Red Ranger - 1x Ranger Leader, during the night you can send one other ranger to another player and give them that power.
Blue Ranger - 2x Lie Detector, during the night you can quote a post or part of a post from the thread or an OC chat you’re in and confirm if they speak the truth. You can do this 2 times and only 1 per night. Note that some posts might not be able to be answered by me and will result in failed attempt (this still uses up your shot).
Green Ranger - Miller + Roleblocker, Cop check will get a mafia result on you and during the night you can block a player’s actions.
Black Ranger - 1x Double Voter + 1x Vote Blocker, during the night you can double your vote once and you can make a player’s vote not count for the following day phase. You cannot use both during the same night. The change will only show up during the end phase votals.
Pink Ranger - Protective Loveriser, during the night you can target 2 players, they will get a 1x bulletproof vest and will become lovers (if one dies the other dies as well).
Yellow Ranger - 1x Masoniser, during the night you can target 2 players, if they are of the same alignment (town, mafia, indep) they will get a host confirmed alignment chat.

During the night you can choose one of the 6 Rangers as your new role. You are also able to immediately use that role's power if you so desire.
You are the Blue Ranger
Aussie has been killed, they were the YDYR (You Decide Your Role) -> YDY Power Ranger -> Blue Ranger
Jinjo has been killed, they were the Victini Giver

It is now Day 4, this phase will end in roughly 48 hours.

This may be the last phase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom