• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

@DarthWolf I hate to say it, but ME's right. I think there's a lot of players on both sides that just want this over with, whether they win or lose. Making us wait an extra day so we can do a one-day night phase and then repeat it all over again the next day phase is kinda... meh.

Keep it the way it is @DarthWolf, I want as much time as possible to defend myself.

Even when AE thought it was hopeless we ended up not lynching him.

@jdthebud Being cop-checked as town doesn't mean anything. The godfather shows up as town to a cop check. All you showing up as town means is they caught the godfather.

And, really, ME as scum? You'd have an easier time selling Elieson as scum; there's at least a case there, even if a weak one.

No, you might as well give up. You're caught.
Lol can everybody here see how Eresh saying this only lends credence to me not being Godfather? Eresh, this post was a terrible decision. Also, what case about Elieson??? He's dead mate.

Also, I'm not Godfather. I'm a JOAT.

For those who don't know, here's how my role works:

I got four Pokemon to use as actions, though I don't get to know what they do until I use them and get a result. Each is a one-time use:

Greninja - used N1 on Klavier, it was a tracker. Klavier visited me, which was the cop check. Naturally, I'm town so the result came up town.
Hydreigon - was planning on using this last night on Pikochu, but I accidentally idled.
Lucario - haven't used yet.
Typhlosion - used on N2 on Arthas, but it ended up using Explosion next to me, whatever that means.

If you're willing to believe that I would be a Godfather on top of this, then I don't know what to tell you.

I don’t see there being only two scum in a game this size, even with two Indeps. Neither Indep was hostile enough to warrant cutting down the scum team.

MegaPod and Pikochu would have to be insanely stupid to both be scum and to CC each other, though I do find it very odd how Pikochu hasn’t posted here since D2 and hasn’t been subbed out yet. Something fishy is going on there, for sure.

That leaves you and Eresh and certain scum, jd. That’s how this game works.
I mean, I agree about the number of players. What's pika's claim? Why are you so sure he's town? @Pika_pika42 mind claiming your role? There's no reason not to.

Also, when you supposedly switched your shot to Jinjo, you should have told me. They only reason I was targeting Pikochu was because you said Eresh was taken care of. I would have definitely switched to Eresh last night (and probably actually would have done the action since I would have checked the Role PM). In my tinfoil hat scenario you're scum manipulating this outcome of MYLO/LYLO today and then lynching me who you know is town. However, I can't prove any of this, but either way Eresh needs to go down hard first.

Please vote Ereshkigal, people.

Mafia Godfather JOATs exist. And you could have easily been setting Klav up for a lynch and got lucky with the guess. That was how the universal backup kill happened, after all.

And beyond that, it is suspicious none of your other powers did nothing. Very suspicious.

I at least have evidence to back up my claim.

It would be great if town could win.

But mafia has done a good job taking advantage of lack of posts in the main thread and staying under the radar. If they win, they deserve to win.

Mafia got lucky this game. Insanifying AE to get one of his less dangerous roles, killing the universal back-up, getting a false scum read on AE...

They had amazing opening luck and capitalized on it well.

Insanifier was not nearly as overpowered as the friggin' mafia having the codes for our encrypted words.

The mafia was seriously overpowered this game.

Depends on how Mafia got those code words.

If Mafia was able to Spy on Elieson’s role PM convo with the hosts and got the full list from there, that is a) a not how the Spy is supposed to work, and b) ridiculously broken because normally a Spy is supposed to get randomized results from PM conversations between the players (focusing on messages either sent by or to the player they targeted). If the Spy can access the private role PM conversations with the hosts, not much goes on in there, so the odds of “randomizing” that message are better. Either way, Spy is supposed to get messages between players, not between player and host.
Still, at least it was done “legally,” by which I mean that mafia had to put in effort and use a bit of strategy.

If Elieson was mafia the whole time, and could not only project a flip of Restless Spirit, but gain the powers of a Restless Spirit, that should be illegal.

If Mafia was just given the code words from Darth to “even the playing field,” that would be completely bastard and OP, and this is illegal, and I can bar Darth from ever hosting future games because of this.

Endgame
Endgame

The majority has decided to end the phase early.
Votals:
jdthebud V - Ereshkigal, Klavier Gavin, Magnificent Entertainer, Pika_pika42, MegaPod

Ereshkigal I - jdthebud

jdthebud has been lynched.
Dear jdthebud,

You are Max1996. Winner of the Most Organized Host (Non-Mafia), Most Entertaining Host (Non-Mafia), Fair Hosting Award (Non-Mafia), Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game, Most Friendly User, TWR Person of the Year and Best Non-Mafia Host awards.
All these awards are thanks to your collection of WotE games and their variants. You single handedly made sure the was always a non-mafia game around, and they were fun as well. The amount of effort and work you put into the preparation combined with you fair hosting during the games really got you some appraisal. You love Pokémon and you love WotE.

Therefore, you are the JOAT. Just like in WotE you get 4 moves/powers, this time based on your top 4 favorite Pokémon.
  1. Greninja
  2. Hydreigon
  3. Lucario
  4. Typhlosion
However, just like WotE, you have to guess what effect it will have on your target. During the night you can give the command [Pokémon], attack [Player]! You will not know what it’s effect initially does, but the night result will reveal the actual power with its corresponding result.

You are aligned with team Ocarina of Time and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated.
jdthebud has been lynched, they were the JOAT

Pika_pika42 has been killed in Endgame
Dear Pika_pika42,

You are Midorikawa. Winner of the Most Strategic Player award.
You’ve earned this award for being a strong player, especially as mafia, knowing when and where to strike and trying to be one step ahead of your opponent.

Therefore, you are the Doctor. During the night, you can target a player with Protect: [Player]. They will be protected from any kill action performed on them that night.

You are aligned with team Ocarina of Time and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated.
Klavier Gavin has been killed in Endgame
Dear Klavier Gavin,

You are me… no not ME, you are DarthWolf. Winner of the Most Strategic Player, Best Single Player Performance (Non-Mafia), Most Strategic Player (Non-Mafia), Most Sportsmanlike Conduct (Non-Mafia), Most Committed User and Best Non-Mafia Player awards.
Quite a lot of awards, if I do say so myself, most of these are thanks to the plethora of WotE games. You’ve shown to be great at hunting down targets and figuring out what they are. Next to that, you’re an overall strategic player and are very committed to the point where you always try to do your best and give it all you can to win a game, make the game fun and be a regular user in the section.

Therefore, you are the Cop. During the night, you can target a player with Check: [Player] to determine their alignment.

Magnificent Entertainer has been killed in Endgame
Dear Maniacal Engineer,

You are Kyriaki. Winner of the Best Single Town Performance award.
You’ve earned this award for your performance in Chemical Compounds Mafia where you made 2 great shots as the 2x vigilante. Eliminating mafia members without them being able to stop you. Your second shot made you win the game.

Therefore, you are the 2x Vigilante. During the night, you can target any player and kill them. You can do this 2 times, 1 shot per night, with the command Shoot: [Player].

Town has been killed in Endgame, they were:
Pika_pika42 - Doctor
Klavier Gavin - Cop
Magnificent Entertainer - 2x Vigilante

Team Kingdom Hearts has won the game! Congratulations to Ereshkigal, MegaPod and Pikochu and congratulations once more to Midorikawa.
Dear Ereshkigal,

You are Feenie + Jinjo.

Feenie is the winner of the Best Single Mafia Performance award.
You’ve earned this award for your performance in Kingdom Hearts Mafia where, with some help of your godfather role, you were able to fool everyone into thinking you were town. This resulted in a lot of people being caught of guard once they knew you were mafia.
You also experienced a moment where your only scum partner subbed out which caused you to have to work alone temporarily. Despite this setback, you just kept on playing, showing that nothing can stop you.

Jinjo is the winner of the Best New Player award.
First appearing in Hunter x Hunter Mafia: Battle for Yorknew City! You’ve shown to be a consistently returning player to the point where you have become a regular in the section. Although you can still learn new tricks, it’s a normal process for all mafia players and you’ve shown to learn and improve at a great pace that impressed people.

Despite the odds being against you, you’ve proven yourself in the community and shown that you’re not to be underestimated.

Therefore, you are the Godfather Recruit. Any cop check on you will result in Town. Next to that, if you manage to live long enough you might learn some new tricks from other players.

You are aligned with team Kingdom Hearts and win when all members of Team Ocarina of Time have been eliminated.
Dear MegaPod,

You are Zeonth. Winner of the Most Strategic Player award.
You’ve earned this award for your performance and victory in EiMM: Swimsuit Edition. A different kind of mafia game where everyone is basically a mafia member for themselves in an all out survival until only a few remain. Communication is important here while you’re trying to figure out who the biggest threads are and eliminate them before they can backfire on you.

Therefore, you are the Rolecop. During the night, you can target a player with Investigate: [Player] to figure out their role.

You are aligned with team Kingdom Hearts and win when all members of Team Ocarina of Time have been eliminated.
Dear Pikochu,

You are Maniacal Engineer aka ME. Winner of the Most Creative Host, Most Entertaining Host, Best Flavor Writer, Best Custom Role Creator, Host of the Best Bastard Game and Best Mafia Host awards.
All these awards are thanks to your hosting skills. You’ve played some games, but you’ve definitely (co-)hosted more of them in the last season. All with great quality. There are two noteworthy things to mention about this. First of all, your flavor text always makes people interested in reading it, knowing that you always produce great quality with some immense stories. You’ve created the BMU after all. Next to that, you also created a new role for It's All About ME 2 Mafia: Insanifier. A crazy mafia aligned role that can be very strong yet you still made the game balanced.

Therefore, you are the Insanifier. In honour of the original role, here is its original description:
Each night you may PM the hosts Give <player> a Super F!. That player's actions will be given an insane modifier for that night.
Ereshkigal - Godfather Recruit
MegaPod - Rolecop
Pikochu - Insanifier

FT will come hopefully later today, including a more in-depth commentary of myself.

@Elieson @Magnificent Entertainer

This is what I got when I reverse-engineered the code words. How did I do?

Max- plough
AE- dapper
ME- sordid
ME2- sorted
Pika- false
Jinjo- railway
Klavier- hot
JD- prep
Snake- apples or apple (apples used by Elieson, apple used by Snake)
Ereshkigal- lyrical
Pikochu- cashier
MegaPod- decay
Cap- cruel

That includes the four I knew for certain (myself, Piko, Pod, and AE).

@Elieson @Magnificent Entertainer

This is what I got when I reverse-engineered the code words. How did I do?

Max- plough
AE- dapper
ME- sordid
ME2- sorted
Pika- false
Jinjo- railway
Klavier- hot
JD- prep
Snake- apples or apple (apples used by Elieson, apple used by Snake)
Ereshkigal- lyrical
Pikochu- cashier
MegaPod- decay
Cap- cruel

That includes the four I knew for certain (myself, Piko, Pod, and AE).

Nicely done btw. You and ME were the two I felt capable of cracking my code. I really should've used a bonafide encryption and not something this crude (though to be fair it still stumped some people on how to use it). Nergal would be proud of his dark tome boi

@DarthWolf Okay, couple of notes on balance here, and I'm not saying this because I got my butt handed to me, I'm saying this because, as I suspected, you included the Insanifier role without balancing it properly.

First and foremost: Insanifier should not exist in the same game as a Godfather/Miller duo. Cop is already borked enough due to the possibility of being Insanified that it becomes useless when those modifiers are thrown in.
Second, there needs to be something to counterbalance the Insanifier's abilities. Since Insanifier can target any active role, passive abilities, such as the PGO in ME 2 Mafia, play a crucial role in making sure that Insanifier cannot completely nullify or shut down every other role in the game.
Think about it. How reliably can a Cop check work if there is always a danger of insanification? How reliably can the Doctor protect their targets if they could be turned into a Vigilante at any moment? How can a Vigilante kill their intended target if they can be forced to be a Doctor?
Third, a straight up role gathering informational role is also not advised with the Insanifier, as it makes the job of weeding out the counter and finding good targets to insanify considerably easier. Again, going back to ME 2 Mafia, you did not have a Role Cop, you had a Role Thief, which would indirectly give you an idea as to the target player's role, but would not tell you anything regarding passive abilities.

I appreciate your attempt to include my new favorite role in this game, and I find the irony of losing to myself to be more than a little hilarious. I know that I actually am OP most, though not all, of the time, but if you're trying to actually have a semblance of balance in the game, you have to put in something that will neutralize, stop, or otherwise punish the Insanifier.

This is a note for all of you. The Insanifier is a role that I gladly share with TWR, but you do need to balance it properly. ME 2 was a good example of balancing it. This was a bad example.

Back
Top Bottom