• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

Eresh, I spent the first part of the game being a lazyass.
The second part of the game in fear of a role I had created and overanalyzing everything...though I suppose I was right about the whole "N1 role cop on Klav" and "n2 insanification of Cop" thing. I just killed the wrong role cop...which reminds me: what was the purpose of Snake's role? It make no sense.
The third part of the game I spent second guessing myself about everything to the point where I let you go not just once, but twice, and killed two town members in the process.

You, literally, gave me all of the answers to who was scum, and I didn't process it correctly. Any other game, it would have clicked and stuck. Here, the train of thought tried to click, but got stuck when it realized trains aren't supposed to click.

Bus Driver is actually a common mafia role and both Megapod and Pikochu should have been shot. Victini Giver was similar to an Inventor role and I still don't know why some of the players thought my role looked scummy when Victini is just a cute little gift.

Bus Driver is actually a common mafia role and both Megapod and Pikochu should have been shot. Victini Giver was similar to an Inventor role and I still don't know why some of the players thought my role looked scummy when Victini is just a cute little gift.
A cute little gift that you told me could have negative consequences for the holder.

Please work on your communication skills a bit.

I will admit, this entire travesty of a game was my fault, but someone needs to be able to a) take my place if I'm being nonsensical or dead, and b) counter me in the event that I actually am scum.

And then I edited it a little bit or else I would have gotten modkilled

@Magnificent Entertainer

Actually, we rolecopped AE. We figured out Klav was the cop when I broke his code before the halfway point of N2 and used his clearing JD as a test post >.> That slip is entirely on Elieson and his little insistence on being dead.

Also, I will admit I was working hard to make certain you wouldn't believe that information, and thus would draw false conclusions. To be honest, I spent half the game trying to come up with ways to counter you without revealing our hand too early. Think about what it says that I could only accomplish it when you were not at your best, and I still unwittingly gave you enough information to identify a minimum of two thirds of our team.

Seriously, Klav, AE, and the rest were not our biggest worry; you were. I actually wanted to shoot you N1 to prevent you from being as big of a threat as you were.

Please, ME, take the time to recover. You will be missed.

Told ya.

I’ll be back with more thoughts later. It was a fun game though!

Not your fault entirely, my idled action last night doomed us too.

So as an IO I want to comment on the game as well.

First of all on the insanifier, I agree with ME that the role is quite OP and requires balancing. Darth had some ways of evening out the odds like with the JOAT but mafia overall was very strong (joat powers that I remember: Tracker (Greninja), PGO (Typhlosion) & Roleblocker (Hydreigon) )

Second, the reason this day phase was there was quite funny, both JD (the roleblocker) and Pika (the doctor) idled their action.

We first though it was game, then we were afraid that JD might stop it, then noticed how he hadn't put in his action yet, only to see that Pika hadn't put in an action as well! Quite the fun night as an IO / for darth as host to watch unfold.

Also, I'd like to say that both teams had ups and downs across the board. Like @Ereshkigal I'm 100% nominating you for best single mafia performance (if that's even a category) for next year just for this game, but you played far from a perfect game. Mafia had won as soon as Elie spreaded a code to everyone (especially since the encoder had a link with it that explained how to crack the code!!) but it was still a close game, if Eresh would've been lynched today, mafia would've probably lost as Piko & Megapod had no power to stand up from on their own. (Mind you Piko was the insanifier, so him being lynched the next day would mean no possibility for double kills at night either)

All in all, while not the most balanced game, this was definitely the game I've enjoyed watching as an IO the most. Thanks a lot both @Elieson for coming up with the flawed code plan that could've been amazing, and @Ereshkigal for making me laugh so hard when you cracked the code.
It was a fun one.

actually as I just described above, it did not matter in the slightest. You roleblocked a role that was roleblocked by the other party idling x)

Oh and fun fact, Elie's role was at first 2 roles, both characters being separate and both being a mason. So in the end, if the game would've filled up, none of this would have actually happened x)

This game isn't the fault of any one person, or one action. There was bad judgements all round.

This game also illustrates the folly of the town leader type position, and relying on one person far too much.

On the subject of Elieson, you acted on a cop check on the basis of that cop check alone. Come on man, I'm really NOT that good of a mafia player. If I were truly scum, I would have been lynched LONG before that cop scan.

ME: No one person was to blame, stop beating yourself up. I made mistakes, you made mistakes, Elieson made mistakes... The only people not making mistakes seems to be the scum team.

Ereshkigal: You cracked the codes? I'm impressed. I was actually going to ask ME about this early in the game, if it was possible to reverse engineer the codes... but I admit that I suspected ME at that point, and Elieson was dead so I couldn't ask him.

@DarthWolf So what happened N1? Why did I get blue when I chose yellow? Not that I'm complaining, because Blue helped me catch a scum player in a lie... and I don't know how Eresh slipped through the cracks after my flip.

I don't have any thoughts on the balance that ME hasn't already said.

Max, I suspected you of being scum right up until your death because sheeping is a pretty low effort way to play. I genuinely would like to see you put some more effort towards your votes in future games :) I hope that doesn't come off badly.

On the subject of Elieson, you acted on a cop check on the basis of that cop check alone. Come on man, I'm really NOT that good of a mafia player. If I were truly scum, I would have been lynched LONG before that cop scan.

I was trying to gather reads! With this being a bastard game, I wasn't committed, which is why I gave the game 24-ish hours to discuss before announcing other things~

How was OC aftwr i died DW?
There was some, mostly including ME or Max although Max didnt/couldnt utilize it that much due to a quick death
Pika idled last night is my guess.

So, basically, Pika's laziness allowed Town one more chance to recover :p
Quick note on that, Pika idled which helped town but so did jd who would have blocked the insanifier
@DarthWolf
Can we get a list of action sequences? Like, who used which action on night X ?
Coming soon in my end game analysis. First taking care of last phase's FT and endgame FT then that.
Wouldn't have changed a thing since Pika was idling as well :p
@DarthWolf So what happened N1? Why did I get blue when I chose yellow? Not that I'm complaining, because Blue helped me catch a scum player in a lie... and I don't know how Eresh slipped through the cracks after my flip.
Short description for now: You were insanified and I reversed your colour based on the colour spectrum circle... also you became a permanent insane lie detector :p

Thinking about it slightly more, the fact that Pikochu hadn't been subbed out, but hadn't posted in the thread since D2 also pretty much confirmed him as scum, since Darth would have had to have subbed in a town member that was deliberately not posting in the game thread at that point.

...all the signs were there. I was just blind as a bat...or drunk, I suppose. That would do it.

Never play mafia while drunk, kids!
...actually, better lesson: just don't get drunk.

Back
Top Bottom