• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The War Room Awards '18 Mafia: Endgame

When the Night 1 kill was posted, it showed Elieson's death on the top and Cheff's death underneath Elieson. Normally a mafia's kill is posted on the top and an SK or Vigilante kill will be posted on the bottom. I think mafia killed Elieson because of the death post we saw and Elieson said on Night 1 he did not want Doctor to protect him and that to me looked like mafia saw Elieson as a threat and they wanted to get rid of him fast. Mafia killing Cheff doesn't really make sense because of his joke vote and he provided no thoughts. I think SK killed Cheff.
Why assume that's always the case? I feel like the positioning of the Role PMs doesn't say much, if anything, about what caused the deaths.

Why assume that's always the case? I feel like the positioning of the Role PMs doesn't say much, if anything, about what caused the deaths.

I remember in Kingdom Hearts Mafia, Chemical Compound Mafia, and in Voltron Mafia the mafia kill was posted on the top and the second extra kill was posted on the bottom.

When the Night 1 kill was posted, it showed Elieson's death on the top and Cheff's death underneath Elieson. Normally a mafia's kill is posted on the top and an SK or Vigilante kill will be posted on the bottom. I think mafia killed Elieson because of the death post we saw and Elieson said on Night 1 he did not want Doctor to protect him and that to me looked like mafia saw Elieson as a threat and they wanted to get rid of him fast. Mafia killing Cheff doesn't really make sense because of his joke vote and he provided no thoughts. I think SK killed Cheff.
Basing which kill is which on the host’s FT, which is always at the individual host’s discretion, is folly.

Lemme break this down:
1. Elie comes in D1 gums blazing and declares himself to be prime Town Leader material.
2. By Elie’s definition of good Town Leader material, that means that he has a role which is either relatively useless to town or punishes scum when they try to kill him.
3. Elie’s definition of a good TL role is very public knowledge.
4. Given the above, there is no way scum would blindkill Elie on N1 without at least trying to check his role beforehand, since, even to get rid of Elie, a 1v1 exchange is not in scum’s best interests on N1.
5. Elie created the ciphers for everyone and declared that, barring extreme circumstances, he was going to die on N1.
6. Elie could not have been certain of his demise if he had not prearranged his own death with somebody he trusted.
7. Ergo, Elie could not have been relying on a mafia kill when he said the above.
8. Elie was not killed by Mafia.

Someone is jumping to multiple conclusions here.
1. See my earlier post. I did not target anybody N1. Max mistakenly thought I did because I know that it was not the mafia who killed him.
2. I did not actually convince Elie to go after Caps. The only point I made prior to the votes changing from jd to Caps was that blindly following Elie without talking to each other was a bad idea. I repeated that same idea above, especially in light of the recent flip.

Also, are you seriously suggesting that, because I made the recommendation to start talking to each other that it’s a bad idea?
Eresh, for someone that claims to be reading me as town, your logic makes absolutely no sense.

1. How do you know it wasn't Mafia who killed Elieson? The only way it makes any sense is if you knew the killer or were the killer. Mafia could have had two kill abilities, after all. Yet, you are certain they killed Cheff but not Elieson.

And your claim of not killing someone could have been a lie easily. After all, at least one person lied yesterday. Why should we automatically believe those claims without waiting for lie checker results?

Max claiming it was you doesn't strike me as a mistake. It strikes me as a slip. Max has made slips like that in past games, too. It's not out of character.

2. In post 272 of this thread, Elieson said you made a number of points too strong to refute, right after switching his vote to Caps. This switch came immediately after talking to you. Unless you are saying those points were made by someone else.

Either you killed Elieson, or you are protecting the person who did. And right now, I believe Max when he says you did. After all, Max is often too honest for his own good.

And, yes, I am considering it a bad idea. Because it leaves you in a position where you either look scummy or have to explain things you really shouldn't be revealing where the scum can read. And it looks really weird that you suddenly want to change strategy the night the lie detector is going to read someone.

I'm willing to discuss this in OC. But right now, you really are the person I read as the greatest threat to town, regardless of alignment.

And you ninja me. But, it does not satisfy the other question.

2. In post 272 of this thread, Elieson said you made a number of points too strong to refute, right after switching his vote to Caps. This switch came immediately after talking to you. Unless you are saying those points were made by someone else.
I do not know why Elie chose to move the votes away from jd and onto Caps.
As for the points I made that were too strong to refute, most of those had nothing to do with Caps.
Here is what Elie actually said:
In case you missed it, ME made a series of points that are too strong to refute, despite giving a decent case on JD. A vote on JD right now isn't going to accomplish much though, as I realized now that myself giving out orders for vote targets stagnates discussion.
Note the underlined bit. What Elie and I were talking about, in gibberish, was a strategy for moving forward in the game. If everybody simply waited around for Elie to tell us what to do and didn’t try to do anything for ourselves, the game would grind to a halt or stagnate.

Now, if I had to guess why the bandwagons were switched, by this point in the game, jd had returned and was in communication with Elie, whereas Caps was not. Ergo, votes on jd would simply result in one source of information disappearing with no guarantee that Caps would be cooperative whenever he returned. The vote switch from jd to Caps, nearest I can tell, was because, even if jd is scum, talking scum can always be helpful to town (especially if they’ve already been caught, since that can lead to them accidentally outing teammates by their interactions (see the Seth Rollins lynch in PvD as a classic example of using his interaction with known scum DarthWolf to solidify my read on him)), whereas silent town is always detrimental to town. I assume Elie had other reasons as well, but I am not “in the know” about them.

So no, Eresh, I was not responsible for leading to the deaths of any townies this game.

@Elieson
ej qtehh pishhy klt hegekb fekfl e dlkt gklw ea tceq eq cip klpjsh mhsy qtyhi out qci eqkt skshyzekb skytcekb tcst tci mhsyipq spi qsyekb skd qiijq tl oi tpyekb tl dpsw rlkrhuqelkq aplj ahsvlp skd ltcip qurc klkqikqishql e wluhd pishhy smmpiresti s piqmlkqi tl jy mpiveluq jiqqsbi e aiih hegi ej s hlbersh rcleri alp s gehh tlkebct ql jy soehety skd teji tl cihm ylu rpsrg tceq kut eq blekb tl oi vipy hejetid

jdthebud quotes

Ok this game has started.

Elieson proclaiming himself OC leader is in his wheelhouse but usually I feel he's a bit more subtle than that...worth keeping an eye on anyway.
Subtle was maybe the wrong word, I meant that he doesn't usually try to make everyone think he's town as much as that. I mean I am not going to give him any info on Day 1.

Analysis in Elieson done by using meta.

[Vote] Klavier Gavin

Bad reasoning for his vote.

Good reasoning for the vote.

My vote was mostly meant to provoke him a bit since his OMGUS was very poor even for D1. Now though he's switched to Mido.

I don't really care if you win or not, but it's going to be hard to read the D1 votes on you now. Thanks a lot /s.
Slightly suspicious post.
The thing is, lynching a third party on Day 1 is a good idea if it can happen. Lynching mafia would have been great but that happens uncommonly. Midorikawa claimed fool and by lynching the fool it means the fool gets a win and the town doesn't have to worry about losing a vital role on Day 1. There's no reason not to go for a third party lynch if the end results in a third party win.

@Klavier Gavin do you really have no reaction to me voting you??

Good question. And I gave the answer.

Also, Vote: TheCapsFan since I am town.

Simple but justified reasoning.

Perhaps although I have seen mafia vote each other as a "joke vote strategy" to establish some kind of willingness to vote for scum.
Slightly suspicious.
Explaining possible behavior of mafia members but could also be a setup for making excuses as a mafia member.

Hmm, is this town scumhunting or scum trying to get the vote off Caps?

Hard to tell with all the codes.

Not at all. Just that as someone else pointed out, sheeping is a pretty thin reason to vote Max given his playstyle.

@Elieson
eplt qbusb gt sm gjj usb p agccbqblt petgml ml fgk

Max is pretty consistent when it comes to playstyle.

Whoops I forgot to post this...
@Elieson
I targeted Klavier Gavin on Night 1.

@Robbie Rotten I agree that we need to stop talking in code so much. It's nice to be able to claim to Elieson and have him keep track of our night actions, but that doesn't help us form good reads if most of what we are doing is talking in code, and also doesn't help us if we all follow Elieson's vote orders, since if there is a mislynch, the motivation for the vote is murky at best.
Agreed that we should make use of the main thread as much as possible.

Well, that wasn’t an ideal lynch.

Honestly, I really don’t like Ereshkigal’s baseless accusation that Robbie was intentionally orchestrating Town deaths. Also, something bugs me about this post:

I did not murder Elieson and dance on his grave on night one.

I targeted no one on night one.

I am incapable of deciphering and using the encryption code for me just by typing the alphabet in and remembering it is a substitution cipher.

One of those is a lie :p

Specifically, that first sentence. I know it’s supposed to be taken as a joke, but in the context of a Lie Detector scan, why only Elieson specifically and not Cheff? It seems like possible avoidance to me.

@Elieson
sdc ntyher qnlp vesd pmyyec pmssck eq algci e qdmthi dluc vlpkci pmyyec aepqs sdmtbd

yts e vlksci sdcpc sm yc km imtys ek lkxmkcq jekiq lymts deq pclrsemk

e smhi pmyyec lymts es ek mr

lkxmkc vdm specq sm yhljc pmyyec amp jc bcssekb qdms vmthi myuemtqhx yc qrtj spxekb sm slgc liulkslbc ma l peas ek sdc smvk

bmekb ldcli vesd sdc icrmx nhmx

e vmthi dluc vlesci amp xmtp bm ldcli yts pmyyec vlksekb sm tqc mnck rmjjtkerlsemk rpclsci l qestlsemk vdcpc ftqs imekb sdls vmthi yc qtqneremtq

The above is to @Elieson

So is this.

es vmthi yc alp clqecp ea e vlq lyhc sm im cksepc nlplbplndq ls mkrc vc jtqs qcc lymts ea sdeq rlk yc ejnpmuci tnmk vdck e ptk jx zchil jlael

@Elieson

sdc icueh vcks imvk bcmpbel dc vlq hmmgekb amp l qmth sm qsclhdc vlq ek l yeki ycrltqc dc vlq vlx ycdeki qm dc vlq vehhekb sm jlgc l iclhvdck dc rmjc lrpmqq jx xmtkb qcha qlvekb mk l aeiihc lk nhlxekb es dmslk sdc icueh ftjnq tn mk l dergmpx qstjn lki qlxq ymx hcs jc schh xmt vdls

e btcqq xmt ieiks gkmv es yts ej l aeiihc nhlxcp smmlki ea xmt rlpc sm slgc l ilpc e vehh jlgc l ycs vesd xmtxmt nhlx l npcssx bmmi aeiihc qmk yts beuc sdc icueh deq itce ycs l aeiihc l bmhi lblekqs xmtp qmth e sdekg e ycsscp sdlk xmt

e qlei jx kljcq fmdkkx lk es jebds yc l qekyts ehh slgc xmtp ycs lk xmtp bmkkl pcbpcs ej sdc ycqs sdlsq cucp ycck

fmdkkx pmqek tn jx ymv lk nhlx jx aeiihc dlpirltqc dchhq ypmgc hmmqc ek bcmpbel lki sdc icueh iclhq sdc rlpiqyts ea e vek e bcs sdeq qdekx aeiihc jlic m bmhiyts ea e hmqc sdc icueh bcsq jx qmth

sdc icueh mnckci tn deq rlqc lk qlei ehh qslps sdeq qdmvaepc ahcv apmj deq aekbcpsenq lq dc pmqekci tn deq ymvdc iplbbci sdc ymv lrpmqq sdc qspekbq lki es jlic lk cueh deqqlk sdck l ylki ma icjmkq fmekci ek lk es qmtkici qmjcsdek hegc sdeq

ekqcps sdc seslker sdcjc qmkb dcpc

sdc icueh aekeqdci jx jmtsd qlei vchh xmtp npcssx bmmi mhi qmkyts qes imvk ek sdls rdlep pebds sdcpc lk hcs jc qdmv xmt dmv esq imkcaepc mk sdc jmtkslek ptk ymxq ptk

icuehq ek sdc dmtqc ma sdc peqekb qtkrdergck ek sdc ypcli nlk nergekb mts imtbdbplkkx imcq xmtp imb yesc km rdehi km

sdc icueh ymvci deq dcli rltqc dc gkcv sdls dci ycck yclslki dc hlx sdls bmhick aeiihc mk sdc bpmtki ls fmdkkxq accssdck dc qlei sdlshh yc spcc aeiixsdls vlq vdck e pclhezci sdc icueh vlq sdc hmrd kcqq jmkqscpe qlei e leks beuekb xmt km spccaeiix xmt bmiilj hmrd kcqq jmkqscp bcs xmtp mvk bmiilj jmkcx

Well, that wasn’t an ideal lynch.

Honestly, I really don’t like Ereshkigal’s baseless accusation that Robbie was intentionally orchestrating Town deaths. Also, something bugs me about this post:

Specifically, that first sentence. I know it’s supposed to be taken as a joke, but in the context of a Lie Detector scan, why only Elieson specifically and not Cheff? It seems like possible avoidance to me.
Really? I summon you back here and this is all you have to say?
I see a lot of posts from you, but many of them are simple fluff.
The Lost One said:
I love burgers drby euli
...why can't I just kill you this game? You are so obviously scum, but it is impossible to kill you. :cry::cry::cry:

@Elieson

and that is why i think you should have me target someone else but i will go ahead with the cop check as planned

Back
Top Bottom