• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The War Room Awards 2017 - Winners!

Reaction score
Here are the results for the 2017 War Room Awards!

Town Tier
Best Single Town Perforamance - @Olive (US Presidents Mafia)
Best Single Mafia Performance - Olive (Pokemon XY&Z Mafia)
Best New Player - @DarthWolf
Best Single Independent Performance - @FinalArcadia (Periodic Table Mafia)
Best Single Sub In Performance - @Zexy (Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 Mafia)
Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - @Elementar
Most Entertaining Player - Olive
Most Strategic Player - @Elieson
Most Unlucky Player - Zexy

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance 2-way tie: @Yours Truly and @Enzap
-Most Entertaining Player - 2-way tie: Elementar and @HumanDawn
-Most Strategic Player 3-way tie: @CheffOfGames, Yours Truly and Enzap
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - 2-way tie: @MegaPod and Yours Truly
-Most Unlucky Player - CheffOfGames

Host Tier
-Best New Host - Elementar
-Most Creative Host - Zexy
-Most Entertaining Host - @Maniacal Engineer
-Most Organized Host - Elieson
-Fair Hosting Award - Zexy
-Best Flavor Writer - Maniacal Engineer
-Best Original Game - Zexy
-Best Custom Role Creator - Elementar
-Host of the Best Mafia Game - 3-way tie: Elementar, Maniacal Engineer and Zexy
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - Zexy

Non-Mafia Host Tier

-Most Creative Host - @AussieEevee
-Most Organized Host - Zexy
-Most Entertaining Host - 2-way tie: AussieEevee and @Soulmaster
-Fair Hosting Award - Soulmaster
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game 2-way tie: @Max1996 and Zexy (War of the Elements: ABC Edition)

The War Room Tier
Most friendly user - 3-way tie: Elementar, Maniacal Engineer and Zexy
Most committed user - Zexy
TWR Person of the Year - Zexy

Team Tier
Best Town Team Performance - US Presidents Mafia
Best Mafia Team Performance - Artemis Fowl Mafia
Best Non-Mafia Team Performance - Defeat the Boss 2: Mushroom Kingdom Mischief

Super Awards
- Best Mafia Player - DarthWolf
- Best Non-Mafia Player - DarthWolf (would win more than half of the awards in the tier, so they go to the runner-up(s))
- Best Mafia Host - Maniacal Engineer
- Best Non-Mafia Host - Enzap (would win more than half of the awards in the tier, so they go to the runner-up(s))

Congratulations to the Winners!

Note on Award Banners:
This year, the winners will receive a banner with a background that corresponds with the game the Award was won for. For Awards not tied to a specific game, the players who won the Awards may requsest that they get a background of a game they have played/hosted that believe most suits the Award given.

I would like to offer everybody my sincere congratulations for their performances during Season 17. It was certainly a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to what Season 18 has to offer. Already there are a lot of good games in this season, and it can only get better from here!

Last edited:
Congratulations to all winner!:) You were part of the reason why my first season here was amazing. That being said:
Best New Player - @DarthWolf

- Best Mafia Player - DarthWolf
- Best Non-Mafia Player - DarthWolf (would win more than half of the awards in the tier, so they go to the runner-up(s))
Thank you all so much for this. I was honestly surprised at first when people started voting me for best new player. But then I also got both player super awards?!
It is truly unbelievable that I won this in my first season and I would like to thanks everyone that I played with in the games and their respective hosts.
It was a good choice to come here and I won't be leaving anytime soon
Although quitting now will keep me at my heigh point

@Maniacal Engineer
What happened here, where is the profle link?

Note on Award Banners: This year, the winners will receive a banner with a background that corresponds with the game the Award was won for. For Awards not tied to a specific game, the players who won the Awards may requsest that they get a background of a game they have played/hosted that believe most suits the Award given.
What do super awards fall under?

-Most Creative Host - @AussieEevee
-Most Entertaining Host - 2-way tie: AussieEevee and @Soulmaster

Did this really just happen?! I'm not dreaming, right?!

Thank you all so much for this. I was honestly surprised at first when people started voting me for best new player. But then I also got both player super awards?!
Zexy said:
Goddamn town trusting darth again

I woke up this morning, and this was already up. That was really nice :)

Thankyou to everyone who voted for me. It's an honour to share two awards with @Maniacal Engineer and @Zexy. They've helped me a lot over the past year with playing and hosting, so it couldn't be with more deserving people than those two.

Congrats to everyone who won awards, and even if you didn't, there's always next year. A lot can change, trust me!

This was a great season, and I hope you all enjoyed it. This season will be just as awesome!

I'm super honored to win anything, but especially indep since that was the first time I think I actually played well as an independent. and I was kinda having a :/ day IRL so this really brightened things up Thanks so much!! And congratulations to all the winners! Everyone was very deserving, and here's to another great year in TWR!

A big congrats to everybody who won an awards this year.
I'm a teeny-tiny bit bummed Cheff and I got shunted off the Non-Mafia Team tier, but the Mods had their reasons and I respect that. Congrats to the DTB team.
...Wait a minute... I was in that team for half the game... Does that mean I'm counted as part of that team? Or is it just the ones on the team at the end?

Either way, I'm gunnin' for some of those host awards, don't think I won't.

Does that mean I'm counted as part of that team? Or is it just the ones on the team at the end?
As far as I'm concerned, anybody who was part of the team at any point during that game has won that award.

Congratulations to everyone who won an award, they were all well deserved. Also a huge thanks to everyone who voted for me in any award.
I'd now like to say a few (but enough to have a spoiler tag for it) words on some specific awards.
Best Single Sub In Performance - @Zexy (Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 Mafia)
Thanks to @Elementar in particular for giving me the chance to sub in twice after dying in his game, couldn't have been done without him.
Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - @Elementar
Well deserved over Pretend You're Xyzzy Mafia. I've been getting this particular award for 3 years straight (even managing to defend it in season '15 where I only played in 2 out of 20 games). Nice to see it's getting a worthy successor.
Most Unlucky Player - Zexy
I find it amusing how I won this over getting roleblocked in Fruit Bowl Mafia II when I ended up winning said game as its Cult Leader.
-Most Creative Host - Zexy

-Best Original Game - Zexy
I'm glad that experimental non-flavor setups such as ABCs or Shop were this well received. I have plans for a math-related ABCs sequel (called 123s) but it will take too long to happen, explanation below. I also think WotE ABC (which got an award of its own) would count as a sort-of sequel too, but that was more Max's idea than mine. I guess other setups like In-Thread Attacks or Town of Salem didn't go as well, but I'm glad at least some of them did.
-Fair Hosting Award - Zexy
Thanks a lot, I'm just trying my best :)
-Host of the Best Mafia Game - 3-way tie: Elementar, Maniacal Engineer and Zexy

Most friendly user - 3-way tie: Elementar, Maniacal Engineer and Zexy
Honored to share this with two other people I really admire. I think all the games voted over the first award quoted here were great, and we sure are a friendly bunch.
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - Zexy
First of all, thanks for not voting Everyone Is Jester Mafia for this even though ME specifically said you could :p
That said, I'm glad that Zexy Games II was so well received. Zexy Games I too I guess but II ended up being so much more bastard it got memorable. I have plans for Zexy Games III as my next Small Game, more below.
-Most Organized Host - Zexy
Oh thanks, I guess my most organized non-mafia project was the No Effort Mafia/Effort Non-Mafia randomizer spreadsheet.
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game 2-way tie: @Max1996 and Zexy (War of the Elements: ABC Edition)
I'm glad this variant of ABCs was also well received, it was mostly Max's idea but he did ask me for some balancing tricks then made him his MoD, and eventually a full-fledged host. I tried my best to keep the game's quality up after taking over.
Most committed user - Zexy
Defending this since last year, glad you are considering me so commited indeed. I actually haven't missed being involved in a single mafia game the past two seasons; I would be player, host or MoD in all of them. That's 80 games in a row, 30 last season and 50 this one.
Best Town Team Performance - US Presidents Mafia
Glad you voted for this, I couldn't since I was part of the town but I believe it was indeed a great game when it came to town alliances. Olive was also very entertaining this game, glad to have got the chance to see him play like this as town too. His Single Performance award over the same game is well deserved.
And this game... pretty sure it was my hardest yet greatest scum performance ever. Day 3 was really tense in between not being able to talk with my buddies and having to save myself from a lynch, it came down to the minute. The whole waffles kingmaker thing afterwards was great to be a part of, and I'd like to give out special mentions to my buddies in this game, @SoaringDylan and @Pika_pika42 . It was a great game and I couldn't have done without you.
TWR Person of the Year - Zexy
Last but not least, THIS. This is the biggest honor you all could have given me, thanks so so much! It really means a lot to me.
However I wish more people, especially non-staff, would vote in this category and that someone not in the staff could be given a chance.
To sum this up; 12 awards on my name (some shared with others) and 2 team awards I was part of, so 14 total. That's exactly twice as many as I've got in my previous 3 years in TWR combined. I'm so so glad that you have voted me for all these and particularly Person of the Year, words cannot describe how much that is without repeating myself. This was a great year for me in TWR, and today is most likely the peak of my career here ever, I just doubt I'll get 14 or more Awards ever again.

A season ends, an era ends. Ever since I came back from my school-related hiatus in July 2015, I've been involved in TWR matters non-stop. That has been 2 full years/seasons and a little more off season '15, 85 played/hosted/MoDded mafia games in a row. I've only missed some non-mafia all this time. It's been a great experience, one I will never forget. Today is the culmination of two years of lots of commitment all over the section, and I'm glad it has left such an impact on the community. However, all great things end sometime. Doesn't mean they need to become bad after some time. They can be good, but not great.

As things are, I feel that I just cannot provide as much commitment as before to TWR. It's a great community and I love being around here but in between the new school year dawning on me, my promotion to Super Mod and Section Head of Pokemon GO and the simple fact that after so many games in a row I've just been a bit burnt out and mafia games feel a bit stressful at times, I believe I need to tone it down a little.

Starting from this season, I'm not going to /in every single mafia game I won't be host or MoD for.
I'll reserve that for themes/concepts I really like a lot and want to give a try, or to fill in last spots if/when needed. I'll stay around as section staff of course and you'll still see me host my own games (although at a slower rate since the new Queue system works like that anyway) as well as co-host staff games, and I'll be around as a mentor too. I will be always willing to help people by being a MoD and balance checker for their games (if they somehow think that assigning that to the host of Zexy Can't Balance Mafia is a good idea :p) and I'll still be around a lot in TSR/Mafia Philosophy discussions. But I just won't be gung-ho /in on every game just because I wanted to help all games get a +1 signup. Especially in the case of ??p games, I believe TWR can do fine with one less player in most of its games, and this is just enough to give me more time to de-stress and focus on some other matters.

On a more positive light, to end this post and this era of extreme try-harding in both playing and hosting, I'll now announce that Zexy Games III setup is ready and I'll soon post details about it in the Queue thread. I'm also going to make some standard ruleset modifications which you'll soon see in Mafia Philosophy.

Thank you all for making TWR the great place it is,
Zexy

Congratulation to everyone who won an award! It has been a great year for the entire War Room, the quality of games has been going up and the number of games has been immense. It has been great to see TWR grow after its slump years. I also want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me! It feels nice to win an award after five years finally got one

Congrats to all the winners. Really well deserved. I am extremely happy to have joined TWR this year as it had some really amazing games and all the people here are very friendly and fun to play with.

At least I got one ^^

Me too. :)
Artemis was my favourite game till now. :p

Waiting for more fun and amazing moments in the new season.

Back
Top Bottom