• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The War Room Awards 2018! - Voting is Over!

I like building dramatic tension by leaving my decisions out until the last-ish minute, ok!?! So what? You want to fight about it?!

Look forward to my votes in just a few minutes; I have a bunch of things in mind but I need to remember exactly which games featured which events/players (I mix them up a lot!)

VOTING CATEGORIES

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance
-Best Single Mafia Performance
-Best New Player
-Best Single Independent Performance
-Best Single Sub In Performance

-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host

-Most Organized Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator

-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organized Host

-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance Kyriaki, the 2x Vig Watcher + Neighbor in Chemical Compounds Mafia. They correctly shot two scum, for the win. What's not to approve of?
-Best Single Mafia Performance DarthWolf, as Mafia Roleblocker in Pokemon GO Mafia. From what I saw of OC logs and this game's activity, Darth skated by super smoothly.
-Best New Player Blink for Pokemon GO Mafia; his performance as scum Cop had him go by almost unsuspected all the way until the end. I didn't see many logs of his specifically, but he got by largely unnoticed, and that's impressive for a first timer.
-Best Single Independent Performance Pika_Pika42 as subbed-in Weak Cult Leader in TWR'17 Mafia. They made all the right recruitment choices and to win in a 21 player game as ITP is nothing to shake a stick at.
-Best Single Sub In Performance TheCapsFan in ME Movies Mafia, for subbing in as scum RoleCop and doing surprisingly well, despite them losing in the end due to more technicalities and role balance than anything else. Heck, he got Alex Kaz lynched, and he was the most townie player by far.
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player Mellow Ezlo from Zexy Games III Mafia, in which he was an ITP, I tried my damndest to get him to win, but Max not shooting him in the end resulted in him losing the game, despite me blowing myself up in order to fulfill one of his needs to get him his win in the first place
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Strategic Player Gotta say DarthWolf from the Who's That Pokemon series games. His OC Networking has improved greatly, and I appreciated playing alongside him.
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host CheffOfGames, for his Town of Salem Mafia. This was a wacky balanced game that had a good origin story, fun introduction of the Will system into forum-mafia and looked fun despite the multi-faction shenanigans.
-Most Entertaining Host Maniacal Engineer for his fabulous flavor in literally every game he touches.
-Most Organized Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer Maniacal Engineer, in particular for It's All About ME Mafia II, but also for anything else he assists with.
-Best Original Game CheffOfGames and his You Decide the Rules. It felt just balanced enough, despite the huge potential variance of high power roles and quirk.
-Best Custom Role Creator Again, Maniacal Engineer, for his It's All About ME Mafia II Insanifier. This role was stupid powerful. Take a tailor, but make it invert everything.
-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host Elementar for his Super Smash Bros: All In. Despite my disdain for % based powers, there was a lot of intricacy built into the damage/launch mechanics here that I haven't seen before..
-Most Organized Host Max1996, for hosting WtP and WotE, representing the majority of the Non-Mafia games this year.
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award Again, Max1996 for hosting many very fair games (the WtP and WotE series of his is a very universally fair setup and his conception and operations of it has been stellar).
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance Elieson/DarthWolf/DerpGhost/Lone_Garurumon scumteam in True Blue Mafia, for winning the game with only one lynch on themselves, and taking advantage of the town Psychiatrist to essentially encourage force the game's SK to be converted to Survivor, allowing him to scumside for a super fast win.
NEVERMIND THIS WON'T QUALIFY
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

*Edit 1: Added -Best Original Game
*Edit 2: Updated -Best Mafia Team Performance, Added -Best Single Mafia Performance, -Best New Player
*Edit 3: Update Most Creative Host (Non-Mafia), Added Most Creative Host (Mafia)

Last edited:
Who's That Pokemon series games.
-Most Creative Host Max1996 for his Stab in the Dark game. I like the idea of a team vs team, in which people don't know their allies, and this one felt well built.
-Most Organized Host Again, Max1996, for hosting WtP and WotE, representing the majority of the Non-Mafia games this year.
1. There was only one successful WtP game. The first one didn't get full in time.
2. I'm not the one who came up with the Stab in the Dark concept. That, too, was @AussieEevee.

2. I'm not the one who came up with the Stab in the Dark concept. That, too, was @AussieEevee.
That was me. It was originally based on another game, one of @Zexy's, but took on a life of its own as I developed it

EDIT: Pretty much like WTP being based on Wote :p

Mafia Player Tier
-Most Entertaining Player – Maniacal Engineer (Bulbagarden Sections Mafia)
-Most Unlucky Player – Elementar (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon World Mafia)

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host – Pika_pika42 (The Zodiac Mafia)
-Best Flavor Writer – Maniacal Engineer (ME Movies Mafia)

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host – Max1996 (War of the Elements ABC)
-Fair Hosting Award – Max1996 (War of the Elements ABC)
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game – Max1996 (War of the Elements ABC)

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user – Pika_pika42

Ah the awards, always a great time to look back over the past season. Last season I took a lot of the spotlight, but now it's time to pass it on to the following people...
Before that though, let me comment on some posts here.
-Best Custom Role Creator - DarthWolf/CheffOfGames - Don't know what Custom Role Creator means but I'm guessing it means best role created and I really liked the Super Tracker role I played in Avatar and I also liked the Doublevoter that can also make a double lynch. Don't know which one of these hosts created this role and I had fun playing as the Super Tracker. This is not a normal Tracker role that's for sure.
I can't remember exactly how it happened, let's just say it was a combined effort (although I'm honestly leaning towards Cheff for the major part)

-Most Strategic Player: DarthWolf (somehow wins most)
Correction, wins all that he plays, which were all Max' games :p

-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct: DarthWolf
May I ask why?

-Most committed user: DarthWolf (They always seem to try and play despite the amount of stuff I know they need to do outside of these forums, and has dedicated a lot of time to some of the BTS work here).
I am quite honoured by this and I can agree, from a personal view, that it is indeed very true. I personally don't like letting the game down through my actions.:)

VOTES
Mafia Player Tier

-Best Single Town Performance - Kyriaki - Chemical Compund, I got to join in on this vote. Staying low and succesfully eliminating 2 scum as a vig is certainly well done.
-Best Single Mafia Performance - Feenie - KH Mafia, you caught me by utter surprise when I subbed as scum. Not only that, but with an ally that was about to get screwed over you stayed calm and tactical. After I joined you surely gave your input on the rest of the game that ultimately helped in our dwin.
-Best New Player - Jinjo Definitely standing out the most, although she still has things to learn, I can see a clear improvement over time through both experience and lessons taught.
-Best Single Independent Performance - Pika_pika42 - TWR S'17 made the right choices as Cult Leader and was very open to discussion and cooperation with his recruits

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Most Entertaining Player - Pika_pika42 - Secret Fascist. As a host it was enjoyable to watch him deal with the pressure of being chosen to pick policies.
-Most Strategic Player - Elieson - Making the OC with me in a WotE game was a good move and resulted in a fun and succesful game, seems like a win to me.
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - Elieson - Linked with the above vote, he stayed true to his words of cooperation and never betrayed me in the slightest. He showed the meaning of a true and honest partn

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - MegaPod
-Most Creative Host - MegaPod - I really liked the idea of a trigger on a SK.
-Most Entertaining Host - Lone_Garurumon - Mostly because of flavour (see below)
-Most Organized Host - Elieson - 2 EiMM's, enough said
-Best Flavor Writer - Lone_Garurumon - Digi-Mafia was great as if I was watching an anime episode, it really got me hyped and I could see the scenes play out in front of me.
-Best Original Game - CheffOfGames - YDtR, a fun aspect with player involvement that can lead to almost any kind of game.
-Best Custom Role Creator - Maniacal Engineer - Insanifier, we talked about this already, the role is so simple yet awesome when Elieson and I saw what power we had in our hands. Dangerous tool for balancing but you pulled it off.
-Host of the Best Mafia Game - returnofmastercrazyhand & Lone_Garurumon - KH Mafia
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - Zexy - Zexy Games III, I'll always remember the double bomb role chaos.

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host - Elementar - SSB All In Non-Mafia
-Fair Hosting Award - Max1996 - Always helpful in fixing mistakes (both player and host mistakes) and reminding you of updates.
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game - Max1996 - Pick a WotE game

The War Room Tier
-TWR Person of the Year - Max1996 - For helping TWR keeping up it's non-mafia section

Team Tier
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance - Originals - Secret Fascist

Changed my Best New Player vote after reading GO Mafia.
-Best New Player: Blink (Pokémon GO Mafia) After reading Elie’s post and reason for voting, I checked out GO Mafia. Not only did Blink win his first game, as mafia, but he survived until endgame, as well. Look out for this one, folks!

Time for me to finally submit a list. Even though it is a bit short...

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Most Strategic Player - DarthWolf - how many WotE have you won again?

Mafia Host Tier
-Most Organized Host - Elieson - being able to keep track and organize EiMM is one hell of a job well done.-Best Flavor Writer - Maniacal Engineer - I don't think I need to explain myself, I think the BMU does that

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game - Max1996 - all of the WotE games hosted this year were amazing.

The War Room Tier
-Most committed user - DarthWolf - in just about every game he played in he was one of the most active and committed players.

-Best Single Independent Performance - CheffOfGames - The way how he won in ASDF Mafia was so funny.
This win was pure luck for me because I actually misunderstood my wincon and assumed one of my neighbours was my target

Two more votes added:
-Most Organized Host: Elieson (EiMM) Those have to be a pain in the ass to organize, and yet Elie continues to do so with aplomb.
-Host of the Best Mafia Game: Mellow Ezlo and Pendio (OoT Mafia) My personal favorite game from this past season. It was definitely interesting to get a look at how Mafia games work on other sites, somehow managing to power through a game with several unknowns, and still kicking its ass.

Results
And the results:

Mafia Player Tier
-
Best Single Town Performance: @Kyriaki
-Best Single Mafia Performance: @Feenie
-Best New Player: @Jinjo
-Best Single Independent Performance: @Zexy
-Best Single Sub In Performance: @TheCapsFan
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct: @MegaPod
-Most Entertaining Player: @Elieson
-Most Strategic Player: @DarthWolf, @Midorikawa, @Zeonth, & @Elieson
-Most Unlucky Player: @Elementar
-Best Save: @Elieson

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance: @DarthWolf
-Most Entertaining Player: @Elieson & @Pika_pika42
-Most Strategic Player: @DarthWolf
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct: @DarthWolf & @Elieson
-Most Unlucky Player: No votes

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host: @MegaPod
-Most Creative Host: @CheffOfGames & @Maniacal Engineer
-Most Entertaining Host: @Maniacal Engineer
-Most Organized Host: @Elieson
-Fair Hosting Award: @Elieson
-Best Flavor Writer: @MegaPod & @Maniacal Engineer
-Best Original Game: @CheffOfGames
-Best Custom Role Creator: @Maniacal Engineer
-Host of the Best Mafia Game: @Mellow Ezlo & @Pendio (Ocarina Of Time Mafia)
-Host of the Best Bastard Game: @Maniacal Engineer

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host: @Elementar
-Most Organized Host: @Max1996
-Most Entertaining Host: @Max1996
-Fair Hosting Award: @Max1996
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game: @Max1996

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user: @Max1996
-Most committed user: @DarthWolf
-TWR Person of the Year: @Max1996

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance: Ocarina of Time Mafia (@Maniacal Engineer, @funnier6, @AussieEevee, @Elementar, @Shion Yorigami, @Libk, @Minish, @MegaPod, @Pikochu, @CheffOfGames, @YIGAhim, @Lone_Garurumon, @DekuNut, @Cilantro, @Rainami)
-Best Mafia Team Performance: Kingdom Hearts Mafia (@Cresselia92, @DarthWolf, & @Feenie)
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance: Originals: Secret Fascist Pokemon Edition (@jdthebud, @AussieEevee, @CheffOfGames, @Max1996, @Midorikawa, @Pika_pika42)

Best Tier
-Best Mafia Player: @Elieson]
-Best Non-Mafia Player: @DarthWolf
-Best Mafia Host: @Maniacal Engineer
-Best Non-Mafia Host: @Max1996

Last edited:
-Most Strategic Player - DarthWolf - how many WotE have you won again?
All of them this season, in total only the one where you guys took revenge on me did I lose. I'm still, and shall always be, King of WotE.
Because I like the way you accept victory. Even after winning a lot, you are always eager to win and are always humble after winning, never boastful, which I think is one of the positive traits of a good sportsman.
Thanks Pika, I really appreciate you saying that.

With that being done though, it's time for me to start working on TWR Awards '18 Mafia. I'll try to make this as soon as possible, but sign ups won't open up till september. In case you weren't aware, this game will commemorate all winner and give them roles based on their accomplishments. I wanted to do this for last season as well. However, I wasn't in time to make it a special event and therefore took too long to enter sign ups. If this game will be successful I'll definitely make it a yearly event.

Back
Top Bottom