• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Notice The War Room's New Game Schedule/Queue

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
The large game I plan to run after ORM will require a seperate, special thread to be made before signups begin. Just confirming that this is allowed?
Can you tell us more about this?

asleep
Reaction score
Grand Idea Mafia is a gamemode originating from MafiaScum. In this thread users post random roles -- any role. When it comes time to host a Grand Idea game, the moderator RNGs numbers for all players corresponding to a post number in this thread. That post is your role.

(Thanks Jalandh)

Reaction score
Why don't you do that as a requirement when players sign up normally? Not saying you have to, just a suggestion :)

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
Why not ask players to submit a role as part of the signup process, The same way I asked players about their first shinies in first movie mafia? And then use that same thread for the game?

I'll ask the others what they think.

Gone batty.
Reaction score
I'd like to add my game to Non-Mafia queue.
Pokemon Chess [8p]
It's like chess... but with Pokemon. Played 1vs1 on a 9x9 board (as opposed to regular chess 8x8), each player has 18 Pokemon and must knock out all of the opponent's 'Mon, using unique skills and movement patterns of each 'Mon. As an example, Venusaur can move up to 5 tiles vertically or horizontally, but not diagonally - on the other hand Meganium can move diagonally as well as horizontally or vertically - but only 3 tiles in each direction.

King of Potatoing
Reaction score
@DarkGodRasul has returned to the site, and as such I think I've talked him into running Hollywood whenever it swings back around to that game again.

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
@DarkGodRasul has returned to the site, and as such I think I've talked him into running Hollywood whenever it swings back around to that game again.
Funny that you mention that.

Now that TWR Awards Mafia is finally underway, we have a slot open for the next large game to open sign ups.
Hollywood Mafia [15-18p] (Hosted by @DarkGodRasul)

Also @DekuNut I've noticed that the large game after that and the upcoming small game are both yours as well. Would you like to lock one/both until this and/or either of the 2 games have been resolved?

King of Potatoing
Reaction score
So yeah about that, this can also open up
Mafia: The Gathering [13p] (Hosted by @DekuNut)
I guess with that I'll lock Fire Emblem until such a time as MTG is finished.
I have a midterm tomorrow so I won't open up the thread tonight, but expect it tomorrow night so long as things go smoothly.

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
I guess with that I'll lock Fire Emblem until such a time as Mafia is finished.
I have a midterm tomorrow so I won't open up the thread tonight, but expect it tomorrow night so long as things go smoothly.
Sure thing, I'll lock it until then.
Don't worry about and good luck with your midterms!

King of Potatoing
Reaction score
About ready to open the thread but I jsut realized I don't have an MOD; any takers?

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
Feel free to open it already. We'll make sure you have someone before it starts