• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The Weekly Review Prompt Thread!

The Inauguration! Week One of The Thread is a Gooooooooo!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Every Wednesday, I (Torchic W. Pip, PhD in Shipping or Something) will be providing you lovely reviewers with a prompt for fics to review! This is very casual and mostly for fun.

For this week's prompt:

Review a fic you've been meaning to read/review but haven't gotten to yet.

It took me longer than I thought to find a contest oneshot in Kalos, home of the jack-o-lantern pumpkin, the death god, and the haunted tree kid, but check out Team Rocket's Halloween Bash for a zany, off-the-walls party prep!

sidenote, I thought this was a really cool idea, Torchic! randomly plugging some other potential targets for people:
White Swan, Black Swan - a ballet dancer and her best friend accidentally task themselves with busting a drug ring, the illegal shiny trade, and an old crush. also, they might try to eat the rich along the way. literally. features some rad fakemons and fun set pieces.
The Queen of Kalos - Serena (and some friends) try their hands at being influencers. this goes great! nothing goes wrong! some of this fic is set in Kalos (though a lot is in Galar). features some really cute interactions between Gloria and Serena, and some nice descriptions of performing alongside pokemon!
Star Performer - after years of hard work as a coordinator, Alex makes it to the Grand Festival, and loses. features a really lovely mix of great character interactions, a dash of slice-of-life, and some clever worldbuilding into the lives of contest coordinators.

Week Twelve: ahhhh it's late
Review a fic set in the Alola region.

At this time, I'd like to say that it's highly encouraged to rec fics that fic the theme—whether they're fics you're reading just now, or you've treasured them for years! If you have a fic that fits the theme, feel free to shill.

I'm back... heck yeah
It's been 3000 years (okay 10 months), but I'm back. Hoping to get back to this as a weekly thing again, though this time it's gonna be every Monday.

Also also, in the Review League, you may notice a new rule:

For reviews done for the Weekly Review Prompt Thread, you will receive 4 extra points.

So yeah! Don't have much else to say. Just be on the lookout for weekly prompts here, and you can rack up some more points!

As for this week's prompt...

Review a fic written for the 2023 Halloween One Shot Contest.

I'm back. I'm sorry I forgor

We have an exciting new update with the return of the Review Prompt thread: now YOU, yes you, can suggest prompts! In this silly little form:

All I ask is that prompts are applicable to more than one fic. This is not a place to request reviews for your specific fic.
With all that, here is your prompt:

Review a fic with a Kalos character. Not to be confused with a fic set in Kalos. (I am so clever I know but this isn't laziness it's because Pokemon Z is finally real).

Some suggestions to get you started:

Karaoke date (ish) night I a Kalos boutiqueshipping oneshot by @mastermind lissi (ft. Serena and Shauna)

To Sacred Profundities — Olympia-centric Vignettes by @Audrelite (ft. Olympia)

Pokemon: Diamonds of the Colorful Skies by @LightningTopaz (ft. Serena)

Where The Wind Blows by @Railgun (ft. Diantha)

Back
Top Bottom