• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Western Cartoons/Animation Thread!

Oh really? I used to love Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse when I was younger. It’s so cool and nostalgic.
Fun fact is that some of thr stuff from the late 2010s and recent have had involvement from former Power Rangers Alumni Doug Sloan and Ann Austen (Both producing MMPR up to 1st half of Turbo and the Ninja Storm/Dino Thunder Seasons with the latter doing some Dino Charge).

Last edited:
Like most Latin American millenials I grew up with Cartoon Network (and later Nickelodeon and Disney Channel), the cartoons that impacted my childhood the most were KND, Foster's Home, Teen Titans, Ben 10, Recess and The Fairly Oddparents. I also followed Avatar The Last Airbender from beginning to end and it was as good as you could imagine it.

Later in the late 2000s and early 2010s I lost interest in them. Not because I grew up but because the options available didn't interest me, things like Adventure Time or Teen Titans Go felt too surreal and strange for me. I still watched a few, like the teen Ben 10 series, Legend of Korra, Over the Garden Wall and The Simpsons.

On January 2017 there were some Steven Universe marathons on CN and I decided to check them out out as I had previously watched a couple episodes and they seemed interesting and...it changed my life. I loved the lore, the characters, the deeper themes, the humor and everything, it was a series that managed to keep you entertained while giving interesting insights about yourself and your relationship with others. I followed it until the end, and while it had its lows I think it's still my favorite cartoon to date. Also Pokemon copied it.

Nowadays I watch cartoons mostly on streaming platforms and a couple on TV. My recomendations would be Big City Greens, Craig of the Creek, Gravity Falls, Ducktales 2017, The Owl House, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Carmen Sandiego, Dogs in space, Bojack Horseman, Adventure Beast and Infinity Train.

On January 2017 there were some Steven Universe marathons on CN and I decided to check them out out as I had previously watched a couple episodes and they seemed interesting and...it changed my life. I loved the lore, the characters, the deeper themes, the humor and everything, it was a series that managed to keep you entertained while giving interesting insights about yourself and your relationship with others. I followed it until the end, and while it had its lows I think it's still my favorite cartoon to date. Also Pokemon copied it.
No it didn’t lol
Here we are in the future and it’s bright~

I saw Unicorn Warriors Eternal yesterday on Amazon Prime, crazy to think Genndy of all people made this, it genuinely doesn’t feel like any of his works. But that's a good thing cuz it's really good! Very story heavy, character driven, a pretty unique artstyle and great animation to boot as well. I recommend it.

On the Disney front, I recommend besides the current toons (The Ghost & Molly McGee, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Hailey's On It), yeah Amphibia, double on The Owl House and Gargoyles which has currently saw a second comic book revival.

the show gets shat on a lot but it was my first major hyperfixation and made me realize i was queer, so it has a special place in my heart

On CN LA today, there are 2 2010's Cartoon Network shows that air from Monday to Friday, and also are my favorites.
Also Here we are in the Future and it's bright!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom