• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Wikipedia Game

indigohex

Post By The Mad Man
Reaction score
I just saw a clip for a streaming service on YouTube, and this user on Wikipedia created a game in which you click on the first link in the article, and you keep on doing that and you end up at "Philosophy". I tried it and it works (even though Wikipedia is not reliable for information). I started at "Golf" and ended at "Philosophy". Here are the steps that I took:

Golf->Sport->Competition->Territory (animal)->Ethology->Scientific Method->Scientific Technique->Systematic Process->Critical Thinking->Fact->Experience->Knowledge->Awareness->Quality (Philosophy)->Philosophy.

Try it yourself and put your results in this thread.

EDIT: I did it with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un, and it took approximately 12 steps to get from him to philosophy, ten steps with Paris Hilton and about 15 with Bjork.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearts -> Japanese Language -> East Asian Languages -> East Asia -> East -> Cardinal Direction -> North -> Points of the Compass -> Compass Rose -> Compass -> Cardinal Direction -> North -> Points of the Compass -> Compass Rose -> Compass -> Cardinal Direction

Well, it looks like it's not an infallible system. Since I got stuck in a loop about compasses. Granted I did skip disambiguation links and pronounciation guide links but I figured that would go without saying.

Coal Region -> Coal Mining in the United States -> Chapter 11, Title 11, United States Code -> Title 11 of the United States Code -> Bankrupcy in the United States -> United States -> Country -> Political Geography -> Politics -> Decision-making -> Psychology -> Science -> Knowledge -> Fact -> Reality -> Existence -> Ontology -> Philosophy

Finally! Only took me 19 pages.

Interesting

JonTron > Pseudonym > Name > Terminology > Word > Linguistics > Science > Latin > Classical Language > Language > Communication > Meaning (Semiotics) > Semiotics > Semiosis > Action (Philosophy) > Philosophy

16 pages.

IDOLiSH7 > Rhythm Game > Video Games & Computer Entertainment > English Language > English > Terminology of the British Isles > British-Irish Council > British-Irish Parliamentary Assembly > Crown dependencies > Head of government > Politics > Political Philosophy > Philosophy

lol I find it funny how I go from a Japanese boy idol rhythm game and anime series, to info on Britain, to politics, then to philosophy. I was sure it wouldn't work for what I put in, but I was proved wrong.

south park > adult animation > animation > traditional animation > cel > celluloid > chemical compound > chemical substance > matter > classical physics > physics > ancient greek > greek language > modern greek > colloquialism > linguistics > science > latin > classical language > language > communication > meaning (semiotics) > semiotics > semiosis > action (philosophy) > philosophy

took a while, but it worked

Ice floe > Drift ice > Sea ice > Seawater > Sea > Body of water > Water > Taste > Biochemistry > Chemical process > Scientific method > Empirical evidence > Information > Uncertainty > Epistemology > Greek language > Modern Greek > Colloquialism > Linguistics > Science > Latin > Classical language > Language > Communication > Meaning (semiotics) > Semiotics > Semiosis > Action (philosophy) > Philosophy

28 links

Tea Research and Extension Station > Chinese > Mandarin > Standard language > Variety (linguistics) > Sociolinguistics > Society > Social group > Social science > Discipline (academia) > Knowledge > Fact > Reality > Existence > Ontology > Philosophy

15 links

Bill Wurtz--> Multi-instrumentalist--> Jimmy Castor--> Funk--> Music genre--> Music--> Culture--> Social organization--> Sociology--> Neuroscience--> Science--> Latin--> Classical language--> Language--> Teotihuacan--> Mesoamerica--> Region--> Geography--> Earth--> Planet--> Astronomical body--> Physical body--> Physics--> Ancient Greek--> Greek Language--> Modern Greek--> Colloquialism--> Linguistics--> Science

Oh well...

Torndirrup National Park > Great Southern (Western Australia) > Regions of Western Australia > Western Australia > States and territories of Australia > Administrative division > Country > Political geography > Politics > Decision-making > Psychology > Science > Knowledge > Fact > Reality > Existence > Ontology > Philosophy

17 links

Los Bukis > Mexico > North America > Continent > Landmass > Land > Earth > Planet > Astronomical object > Physical body > Physics > Natural science > Branches of science > Science > Knowledge > Fact > Reality > Existence > Ontology > Philosophy

Lemon > Evergreen > Botany > Science > Knowledge > Fact > Reality > Existence > Ontology > Philosophy

9 links!

Seraph of the End > Dark fantasy > Horror fiction > Metaphor > Antithesis > Alternative hypothesis > Statistical hypothesis testing > Statistics > Mathematics > Logic > Philosophy

10 links

Nontron knife > Dordogne > Departments of France > Administrative divisions of France > Local government > Public administration > Public policy > Executive (government) > Authority > Legitimacy (political) > Political science > Social science > Discipline (academia) > Knowledge > Fact > Reality > Existence > Ontology > Philosophy

Peciko gas field-> Petroleum reservoir-> Hydrocarbon -> Organic chemistry -> Chemistry -> Scientific disipline -> Science -> Knowledge -> Fact -> Reality -> Existence -> Ontology -> Philosophy
12 steps

List of generation V Pokemon > Pokemon > Media franchise > Media (communication) > Communication > Meaning (semiotics) > Semiotics > Semiosis > Action (philosophy) > Philosophy

9 links!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom