• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Windy Hollow

Here I am again, haha. Still no YouTube account for me, so I guess we’ll do the same thing that we did last time? If that’s alright with you, then here we go…

(EDT 08:22) Testing… can you see me, Dawning?
(EDT 08:23) Ahaha…
(EDT 08:24) So, um… I’m a bit rusty on my Pokémon, haha. What are you painting now?
(EDT 08:25) I recognize Oshawott, yeah! Axew, not so much. I never remembered them being so green… you can tell that I’ve never played B&W or watched the anime, right?
(EDT 08:27) I guess, ahaha.
(EDT 08:28) Gray is what I remember (little of it) from the anime. But the anime does some weird colors sometimes, so don’t mind me…
(EDT 08:29) Well, whatever color you choose, I look forward to seeing how you’re going to shade them!
(EDT 08:32) I’m actually kind of surprised to hear that you don’t like doing backgrounds. Kind of, anyway. The last time we did this, they came out pretty good!
(EDT 08:33) Sounds like a lot of my writing sessions, haha.
(EDT 08:34) The result is often more exciting to think about than to actually accomplish… but it’s worth it, I think!
(EDT 08:37) I’m surprised at how easy it is to shade by just drawing some lines and using the eraser.
(EDT 08:41) How many layers do you think you use for an average drawing?
(EDT 08:47) Any particular reason for a purple sun?
(EDT 08:52) Well, if they’re friends… or are they?
(EDT 08:55) I wonder, do you make up stories to go along with your drawings?
(EDT 09:03) Heh, so even the rocks get shading. Do you have a different process in your mind for different materials?
(EDT 09:09) Ooh, shadows too!
(EDT 09:11) And the grass has an almost “bokeh”-like quality to it, actually.
(EDT 09:13) Oh, you know how in pictures the background is out of focus and it sometimes comes out like either really soft or like little circles? That’s “bokeh”.
(EDT 09:17) Ah, a person now, I think?
(EDT 09:19) Aha! This’ll be interesting.
(EDT 09:20) I’m one of those people who has yet to play the new games yet, but I know what she looks like, so…
(EDT 09:21) Oh, just today! Congratulations, then!
(EDT 09:22) I’d ask you about teams and such, but, again, I haven’t played the games yet. Trying to stay spoiler-free (yeah right, haha).
(EDT 09:23) I’m guessing that you have a reference picture somewhere? Or is it by memory?
(EDT 09:25) What made you choose orange for the sketch, I wonder?
(EDT 09:38) Which do you think you prefer drawing: humans or Pokémon (or other non-humans)?
(EDT 09:55) Starting to come along now! I guess it’s too early to ask about a background, haha…
(EDT 10:13) I forgot that her hair was (partially) green, haha. Yeah, it’s kinda weird, alright. But we’ve seen weirder indeed, haha…
(EDT 10:16) And orange eyes, too! Geez, which one’s more bizarre? /jk, haha…
(EDT 10:17) I can only imagine your adventures there.
(EDT 10:18) Sparkly anime eyes are best eyes!
(EDT 10:22) I think that you really enjoy using unusual colors for light sources, haha. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!
(EDT 10:36) Either my memory sucks or did she always have black hair like that?
(EDT 10:39) Then my memory sucks then, haha! Don’t mind me…
(EDT 10:40) Technology, right?
(EDT 10:41) Adobe software in general, um, doesn’t have the greatest reputation for being particularly well-written or stable.
(EDT 10:43) Speaking of finicky technology, has Bulbagarden been kind of slow for you too lately, or is it just me?
(EDT 10:46) I wish I didn’t notice, haha. I’m one of those ones who notices everything, though. It can be both a real blessing and a really annoying curse!
(EDT 11:01) Shirt and shorts came out pretty well, I think.
(EDT 11:16) I’d be hopeless trying to manage all of those layers like you’re doing, haha.
(EDT 11:17) 139…!? Do you name them!? How do you even…
(EDT 11:19) Is there some kind of epic Victory Road in the new games or something, like that giant mountain you climb in Alola? That could work, maybe.
(EDT 11:27) It looks more like a literal castle than a school!
(EDT 11:31) A part of me misses Gen I levels of simplicity whenever I look at that… school-castle thing. While another part of me says, bring on the ridiculousness! The best of these are so insane that they cross the line twice, if you know what I mean.
(EDT 11:40) Idea: blurred background?
(EDT 11:42) I figured as such!
(EDT 11:43) The best artists do more with less, after all!
(EDT 11:44) Or more with more, but let’s ignore that, haha…
(EDT 11:50) I would agree there! We’ve been doing this for almost four hours, haha…

So! That was fun, once again! And that last one, well, you say it “could’ve been worse”, but I don’t think it turned out too bad, haha. In any case, good night to you, Dawning, and hopefully we can do this yet again sometime!

Last edited:
Hi, meant to announce this earlier yesterday but I'm planning on doing another art stream on my YouTube channel this evening. Aiming for 6 CST this time, but if anyone wants to come and can't make that time please just let me know and we can adjust.

Hey, Dawning! I’m watching. I will say that I won’t be able to respond as much as usual because I have a lot of things going on right now, but I’ll throw in my little commentary when I can, haha. With that said…

(EDT 07:14) I’m kind of embarrassed to say that I had no idea what that Pokémon in pink was until you mentioned it, oof.
(EDT 07:15) Quite the serene scene here. Except for that explosion of green stuff in the middle, haha. Bushes?
(EDT 07:16) I know you’ll make something nice out of that in short order, though!
(EDT 07:22) Once again, I fail to recognize a Pokémon, haha. Tympole… I thought they were pumpkins at first! (Can you believe it…)
(EDT 07:23) I’m sensing a Unova theme here.
(EDT 07:30) It looks so weird seeing you drench everything with blue there, haha. Even though I know what you’re doing.
(EDT 07:44) That little Foongus kind of looks like a ghost floating like that, haha. Do they float, I wonder? My Unova knowledge is really rusty, can’t you tell?
(EDT 08:08) I knew you would turn that grass into something special.
(EDT 08:11) I wonder what that Deerling is looking at? Or looking away from? Haha, Tympole…
(EDT 08:13) And apparently the Deerling’s female, too… somehow it feels like I should’ve known that.
(EDT 08:24) I’ll admit that I first saw faces on those trees before you started shading them, haha.
(EDT 08:28) Just discovered: “The Giant Tree Pokémon”! All we need now is a name…
(EDT 08:44) Whoa, the grass just turned blue!
(EDT 08:45) I’m guessing that’s not permanent…
(EDT 08:49) Good final!
(EDT 08:52) Pick a region and run with it?
(EDT 08:54) Mount Coronet is really cold, yeah!
(EDT 09:10) Going for straight for the Water- and Ice-types, I see.
(EDT 09:25) Probably the only time I’ve seen someone glad to see an Articuno go!
(EDT 09:31) Fast recovery, haha.
(EDT 09:53) Is red clothing a canon thing for Dawn or is this something new here? My Sinnoh history is rusty…
(EDT 10:20) Ah, shadows. So the sun is out in this shot?
(EDT 10:27) Yeah, because it looks really cloudy elsewhere. The sun must literally be shining down on our protagonists! (Behind them, obviously.)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom