• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The worst clothes in the anime?

Hikari's yellow contest dress.

This. Yellow is a horrible colour, and the bottom white bit was too overblown and puffy. It didn't help that the other Grand Festival clothes were a lot more exciting in my opinion (assuming that Musashi's were intentionally a bit horrible...).

Tiger skirts are all the rage in Sinnoh.

I'm not much of a fashion guy....at all..

BrockDP095.png

But this is just so bad it's hilarious

You're right, Ash's is much better:

509.jpg

508.jpg

:p

EDIT: Actually, the dress that Dawn is holding is more atrocious than the two of their outfits combined...

I can't stand Satoshi and Takeshi's OS outfits. Both just scream 90's to me. I'm not a fan of Takeshi's DP outfit, either. Pants are too baggy.

Hikari's pink dress was pretty atrocious, too. I wish they would've showcased her in different contest outfits throughout the series.

I always thought Jessilina's regular Contest outfit was mega tacky, but in a cute sort of way. Idk.

EDIT: This looks slightly messed up

cyberpunk.jpg

The 'pedia says it's a "cyberpunk" outfit but looks more like deep sea diving gone wrong to me.

Last edited:
Giovanni's orange suit.........................
:C
Dawn's pink skirt is the next one on my list.

I never could stand Misty's original outfit. It wouldn't be bad if not for the red suspenders. Even in the mid-1990s, were those ever in style?

Her AG outfit wasn't really much better; I wanted them to leave her with the yellow hoodie that she wore in a couple of Chronicles episodes. But I'm so glad the suspenders are a thing of the past.

Also, Trip's outfit. Major fashion disaster.

Saddest part is, if you do a color reverse on a picture of Paul and up the saturation, you pretty much get Trip's color scheme. They were lazy with BW designs in more ways than one.

You're right, Ash's is much better:

509.jpg

508.jpg

:p

EDIT: Actually, the dress that Dawn is holding is more atrocious than the two of their outfits combined...

Hey, I liked that outfit >< The worse one to me, is Harley dressed up as May, looks great on May herself but Harley bleh. Oh and Nando's outfit, do not like.

I never cared for Ash's DP outfit. It's just... Not really sure. Lucas' cloths just don't fit him all that well to me.

As, other people said before, Dawn's yellow battle dress is ugly, they should have designed a beautiful dress like the one belle wore in the beauty and the best, not too fluffy and more like gold instead of yellow.

I'm in the minority that actually liked Dawn's GF outfit. :)

If i had anybody to hand out a worst outfit award to, it would probably be... Zoey or Conway... Zoey speaks for itself, but Conway, the colors, the kinda black choker, the vest... all wrong. He needs to update his stalker fashion, cause that outfit was sooooooooooo 1994.

509.jpg

Hold up... isn't that dress what Ash wore when he disguised himself as Ashley to infiltrate the Celadon gym?

EDIT: No quite but it's pretty close. Still, I feel I've seen that dress before...

Kenny. Generic green shirt and generic pants.

Geez, let's not make the guy even more generic than he already is.

EDIT: Oh, and Angie too.
Angie_Monferno.png

What is this, St. Patrick's Day?

Last edited:
If Pokemon Adventures is anything to go by, then it is, in fact, a skirt.

platinumj.png

The anime never showed Dawn without her black shirt off...

Well, that's a different continuity. But it's hard to tell from the anime's art style, it could be skirt or dress. Her game counterpart's artwork is looks like wearing a skirt as well. So, I don't really know anymore...

The dress Dawn's mom wore as a kid. Also, the clothes background characters wear - they're so plain.

I slightly disagree ... Some of the background characters in Unova have quite unique and pretty designs.
For example:
1zz2lie.jpg

(from BW014, mainly the woman and the child and then the woman in the background.)
x1ksht.jpg

(from BW019, mainly the jeweler)
I am not saying that are that 'stylish', but I, myself, enjoy their designs.

In general speaking, I really don't like Max's clothing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom