• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Writers/Readers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascaris

I HAVE NO USER TITLE!!!
Reaction score
Do you like writing stories? Do you like reading stories? Do you like stories in general?

Then come join The Writers/Readers Club

Rules:

1. You must be an active member
2. You have to visit the Writer's Corner occasionaly
3. No discussions about any other subject matter
4. Have fun

What you can do here

1. Discuss the various aspects of writing in general
2. Discuss various books that you liked
3. If you have a new story, post a link with the sypnosis and some of us may review it
4. Recommend other stories to members

Members:
Poke(Owner)​

First question: What type to stories do you like writing/reading and why?

Last edited:
Ooh. So you know, there's already a thread like this, but it's specifically for fanfics, so this can be for original works.

I like writing angst. The more depressing the better (you'll see this also in my fanfics). Yet I like reading comedy, and I usually get mad that good comedy's so hard to find.

Yeah, I know. I've read Take. I kept waiting for the next chapter before I saw that it was a One-shot lol.

Now, to answer my own question.

I LOVE writing action scenes and high-fantasy. And I love reading the same genres as well. I also like those stories where the plot is unpredictable. One moment you know what's going on and then BAM, the writer throws something completely unexpected at you face.

No, you're good. You've managed to describe the action quite well in Take.

Aside from the one shooting scene near the end, there wasn't much action, just a lot of running around. I mean this original story has hand-to-hand combat and even mass combat, and that escapes me utterly.

Thank you all SO MUCH!!

You all are great!

It's because of you that this is the lamest club on BMGF.

And thus I am spamming this up by asking another dum question.

Question for writers: What kind of charectors do you enjoy writing in your story.
Question for readers: What kind of charectors do you enjoy reading about

Blackjack, if your really having trouble finding a good comedy fic, there's a great one on SPPf called Penultimate by Chozo. He's having trouble updating. But I guarentee you'll get a few kaughs from the first four chapters.

This ain't a lame club, just nobody's joined yet.
I'm in. ^_^

I'm not a huge reader of books, but I enjoy fan fiction because y'know, it's about things we like.

For four or five years now I've had a big original work in my head called Anima, which I never talk about much because I'm such a lousy writer and it's really long... but in a nutshell it's an action/fantasy story about the power of life and the value of memories.

My favorite characters to write in are what I call "heroic villains" and "villainous heroes" (not sure if there's an official name for them or not), because they're, well, interesting. Their actions keep the reader guessing what they 'think' they're doing and why, and their backgrounds are complex and fun to make.

There's already a thread like this, but it's specifically for fanfics, so this can be for original works.
It is? I post there about Aura and that's original and no one's said anything. o_O

Since I'm posting I guess I'll join.

Armads - I like those kind of characters as well. After all, not everyone is completely good or bad. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom