• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] The Writers' Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
November Newsletter
Announcements
Oneshot voting is live and well! You have until this Friday to vote.

New Releases

Of Ghosts, Idols, Conductors, and Haunted Washing Machines [halloween 2022 oneshot, by lisia~] by @lisianthus
Lisia and Emmet are both members of a celebrity variety show, and it was decided that they would explore a haunted mansion together.

They're very different people, but that's why their pairing was one that viewers wanted to see!

What will they find? Who will they meet?

...and why does Lisia have a Rotom?

A Twist of Fate by @Minnachu
On their first encounter with Yveltal, something happened that would shatter Val's heart. Yveltal's attack strikes the car they're in and it looks as if Val has lost Kōki and their morfar for good! Now stuck in the middle of nowhere with no food or shelter, Val gets desperate in trying to prevent Kōki from dying of hypothermia. Val comes across a kind lady named Sigrid who offers assistance, but is this actually a lucky break or is there more than meets the eye?

Rockets for Halloween by @System Error
"It started one evening in late ‘83
The start of a custom that brought people glee!..."

Hexed by @Ryoma Maser
Elara wasn't a normal Hex Maniac, she didn't like Ghost Pokémon that much. Though one outburst from Elara makes the Ghosts who are attracted to her take things much too far.

Once Upon a Wintertime by @Torchic W. Pip
When we say, "Goodbye, December"
Merry bells no longer chime
We'll remember once upon a wintertime
- "Once Upon a Wintertime", Melody Time (1948)

A Thousand Words by @TwinklingCupcake
""Okay... little closer... little more..."

The dappled sunlight shone gently on the eleven-year-old girl as she waddled forward in her crouching position. She held a pink camera up to her eye, carefully zooming in and adjusting the focus. In front of her was a huge bed of fluffy yellow flowers, the air thick with their sweet aroma. But the girl wasn't taking a picture of the flowers.

Instead, her focus was on the Oddish half-submerged in the middle, napping peacefully..."

Paradigm Shift: Atonement by @Extension_Driver
A decade after the Pokemon arrive on Earth, a former Children of Earth member, seeking redemption, joins a Pokemon rescue team. The nature of the work will leave not just her combat skills tested, but also her belief that the Pokemon were unfailing responsible for the damage done to her home as well.

Full Moons and Quarter Life Crises by @jukibernina
Nacho has a problem. He helps himself by making it //everyone's// problem.

We Don't Go To Anville Town by @Blanc
"We are sorry. This route is unavailable, would you like to try another?"

Pokemon One-Shot Contest (newpokemonfan) by @newpokemonfan
"The air in Johto was beginning to get cooler. The trees were turning beautiful shades of wine red and ginger orange, the ground became carpets of the same hues. Stepping outside, the atmosphere smelled cleaner and it felt crisper. It was the perfect sweater weather. Everyone was pulling out last year’s boxes of warm clothes and getting ready to say goodbye to the hot summer nights..."

New Chapters

Chapter Four: Hau the Mighty Fell of Shattered Daybreak by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon

Two new chapters of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip

A Dragon's Savior of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow

Chapter Six: Setting Sail of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

More random stuff @RavenRaziel98 wrote

Eleven new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

White Diamond of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

Two new chapters of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Slice 7: Dagger in the Heart of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer by @System Error

Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) @LightningTopaz

Chapter 10: Tokoyami’s Past of Revelry in the Dark (a My Hero Academia fanfic) by @Jared DiCarlo

Two new chapters of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow

Chapter 4: All in the Family of Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter One by @matt0044

Three new chapters of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Review Game
@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Chapter 1 of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon

Last edited:
I know this thread’s from 10 months ago, but I have a question: is posting song lyrics in fics allowed? So like anywhere in the chapter of a fic there’s a batch of song lyrics from an already-existing song. Does that count as plagiarism or is it fine?

I know this thread’s from 10 months ago, but I have a question: is posting song lyrics in fics allowed? So like anywhere in the chapter of a fic there’s a batch of song lyrics from an already-existing song. Does that count as plagiarism or is it fine?
We have lots of songfics here! I even have one ahaha, you're totally fine. Obviously, let's not have it be... all you post, but if it's in a fic I'm sure it'll be connected right? You'll be fine!

Yep! We're working on a revision of our rules that states this outright~
That’s great to know! ^^ I have a Deltarune story in the early stages that I‘ve wanted to write for a while now, so I’m glad to know it’s allowed!

Edit: Also yes, I’m the one Lissi mentioned-

Not a rule question, but how do people kinda separate Their posts into two? Like where people put authors notes and stuff, I can try ti find a screenshot if you want
Please do so! Not too sure what you mean, but we're here to help!

if we have your Fic for example there’s a pink line separating the authors notes from the main text
IMG_1440.png

if we have your Fic for example there’s a pink line separating the authors notes from the main text
View attachment 181155
Ohhh, I see I see!! Sorry for the confusion...!

So basically, you'll need to click the middle three dots when making a post︙ ←like these, and look for the symbol that looks like a dash! That'll create a dividing line for you.

Like that! If you're wanting to use BBcode instead, that's a [HR][/HR] command, but if you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry LOL.

HELP

i made a threadmark index on my Fic but I don’t like how it looks so I deleted it. It’s not going away

how do I make it look like a normal thread again

HELP

i made a threadmark index on my Fic but I don’t like how it looks so I deleted it. It’s not going away

how do I make it look like a normal thread again

Can someone please help me with this, I really don’t like how it looks

Can someone please help me with this, I really don’t like how it looks
hey, sorry if this is something you've already tried--have you clicked the three dots above the top right-hand corner of your first post, clicked "edit threadmark index", and then followed the delete steps? images spoilered below (for size):
1705627128292.png
1705627147156.png

1705627166188.png

Note that this removes just the index, not the threadmarks, so if you want to remove the threadmarks entirely you'll have to go by each individual post and click the pencil, then delete:
1705627332180.png
1705627346551.png

hey, sorry if this is something you've already tried--have you clicked the three dots above the top right-hand corner of your first post, clicked "edit threadmark index", and then followed the delete steps? images spoilered below (for size):

Note that this removes just the index, not the threadmarks, so if you want to remove the threadmarks entirely you'll have to go by each individual post and click the pencil, then delete:
Thank you so much, this worked! I didn’t have the sense to go and delete every individual thread mark lol-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom