• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] The Writers' Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
d107bb8baa4e80b85c56ae07bfda71cf.gif

Yummy! New fanfics!
New Releases
Pokémon: The First Steps by @Lone_Garurumon
And so I begin my first extended, purely self-driven story. This one was inspired by a series of prompts that inspired me into a story about the stages where you're just starting out as a Pokemon Trainer. So join me as we follow Kendall as he finds his way through the early days of his Pokemon journey.

New chapters
New chapter of Pokémon: The First Sparkling Stage by @LightningTopaz
Six new chapters of Chaos Rising by @CynthiaLover
New chapter of Dragonspiral’s Children (redux) by @Spiteful Murkrow
New chapter of Alternate Title: Alternate Champion by @Torchic W. Pip
New oneshot of Sleepless Domain One-Shots by @Lone_Garurumon
New chapter of The Shimmering Companion by @LightningTopaz
New chapter of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
New chapter of Any Day Now by @CiCi

Review Game
@Dorothy would like a review of the first five chapters of Lone Star Shine Down.

Word of the Week
altruistic (adj.) - showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish. (Oxford Languages)

A fancy way of saying selfless and concerned for the happiness and wellbeing of others. From French altruisme, (autrui “of or to others” +‎ -isme - equivalent to "-ism") (Wiktionary)

9ce.gif

Pikachu here having a go at avant-garde​

Completed Stories
Nori Carino: Official In-Training finishes up with Month 9: September Towards Tomorrow

New Chapters
Two new interviews from The Joseph & Alice Podcast, by @JFrombaugh
Seven new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Part 2: A Companion for Your Travels, from Pokémon: First Steps, by @Lone_Garurumon
Episode 14: Six Spirits Take the Day Off, of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz
2 - Tempo, of Any Day Now, by @CiCi

Review Game
@Dorothy would like a review of the first five chapters of Lone Star Shine Down.

Word of the Week

edgy (adj.): 1. tense, nervous, or irritable.
2. at the forefront of a trend: experimental or avant-garde. [Oxford English Dictionary]
3. on the edge between acceptable and offensive; pushing the boundaries of good taste; risqué.
4. exhibiting behaviour that is disconcerting or alarming, sometimes in an effort to impress or troll others. [Wiktionary]

The progression of senses perhaps tells us a lot about the idea of edgy. From avant-garde to risqué - from risqué to disconcerting. Edgy is so often a game of one-upmanship, an attempt to show off one's alleged credentials as an artist by giving a not-so-subtle glimpse into one's tortured soul. But of course, this game is itself something of a childish one, which brings us to the favourite sense of today, where edgy is a pejorative. As usual, by itself it doesn't mean a lot. One man's edge is another man's avant-garde.

12330102920050.gif
This isn't the Lorelei we're looking for

New Releases
PMD: Crumbling Future, by @Alpine64
Pokémon Lightning Yellow

New Chapters
Chapter 21 of Fire Emblem: Three Houses: Fifth Path, by @BackSet
Six new chapters, of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Episode 2: A Stage of the Ancient Past, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 50, of Unpredictable, by @AetherX
  • Read it, love it, thank me later
Part 3: Both Characters Together in the Woods, Pokémon: The First Steps, by @Lone_Garurumon
Chapter 2, of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders, by @Extension_Driver
Episode 15: Venting About the Dress Rehearsal, of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 129 - New Home, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip

Review Game
@Extension_Driver would like a review of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders

Word of the Week
disafforest (v.): 1. another term for deforest.
2. to reduce (a district) from the legal status of forest to that of ordinary land. [Oxford English Dictionary]

Disafforest is another reminder of how the meaning of some words, especially in jargon, can be completely opaque to those not in the know - because in medieval English law, a forest didn't have to have any trees. A forest was simply an area of land appropriated by the king to be his private hunting-ground. Often these would be forests, but not always. Forests were governed by Forest Law, a source of resentment from the people who had to live there. This resentment grew to the point where one of the demands issued to King John in Magna Carta was to disafforest the land he had appropriated since the beginning of his reign.

1dbab24728b45a0db8005ab4f045854a7226de59_00.gif

Yeah, that​

New Releases
Eleven new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Chapters 51 and 52 of Unpredictable, by @AetherX
Two new chapters of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 3 of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders, by @Extension_Driver
Two new chapters of Pokémon: The First Steps, by @Lone_Garurumon
Chapter 15 of I'm A Marionette, by @Torchic W. Pip
Two new chapters of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 130 - Gateways into Void, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip
Chapter XXI: The Cursed Past of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, by @StolenMadWolf
Part 6: All Grown Up of Dragonspiral's Children, by @Spiteful Murkrow
Chapter Forty - Gym of Steel of The Long Walk, by Beth Pavell

Review Game

CheapPastFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's new fanfics and new chapters!
New Fics

When I'm Young and Free: a Drabble Collection by @Torchic W. Pip
A sequel of sorts to But How Will It Be, though this time around, we're focusing on three of Galar's best trainers: Sonia, Raihan, and Nessa.

New Chapters

Interlude: Tim from Unpredictable by @AetherX
Episode 4: The First Catch in the Forest from Pokémon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 131 – Half Death from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
Four new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover
Episode 5: Golden Raikou's Debut at the Bright Rock of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz
Part 6: Knight Who’s Looking For A Better Sword of Pokémon: The First Steps by @Lone_Garurumon

Review Game

Spr_Pt_Palmer.png
Spr_B2W2_Norman.png
Spr_B2W2_Giovanni.png

New fics

Interview by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
Agatha assumes she is giving up her freedom when she goes in for her first job interview. Then she is offered to be sent into the world of Pokémon to defend it from a coming, yet unknown, threat. But first... Who is she?

A Short Story where I poke fun at the Chosen One Trope by @Greninjaman
This is literally just something I thought up. It's not really meant to be taken seriously. I wanted to look at the ridiculousness of the whole "only (insert name) can (insert action)"

New chapters

Chapter 131 – Half Death of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
Chapter 7: How's the Weather Down There? of Understanding an Inferno by @Jersey Jimmy
Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion by @LightningTopaz
Episode 5: A Race to the Mountains of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
Nine new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover
First Memory - Raihan of When I'm Young and Free: A Drabble Collection by @Torchic W. Pip
Two new chapters of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 54 of Unpredictable by @AetherX
Three more random stuffs @RavenRaziel98 wrote

Review Game

Last edited:
dragonite-pokemon.gif

It is done​

New Releases
Lightning's Lament, by @BackSet
  • Jay seems unusually down and it's up to Cole to find out why
Babá Day, by @Torchic W. Pip
  • Wallace and Ferdinand have a conversation about family, gender, and crayons.
Lances Childhood, by @ChilonRandemoji

Completed Stories
Almost twelve years in the writing. 56 chapters, from one side of Kanto to another. Unpredictable was once a staple name in the Workshop, way back in the days of vBulletin, and though it has dropped off the radar in recent years, it has the honour of being one of the few Kanto-based journeyfics to reach a conclusion. It's flawed, because what story started when one is a teenager isn't? And, speaking as one who has read it through at least twice, you should read it anyway, because I'll guarantee you haven't read anything like it.

New Chapters
Episode 7: The Power of Emerald and Steel, of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
Just Like Her of Sleepless Domain One-Shots, by @Lone_Garurumon
Part 7: A New Life, of Dragonspiral's Children, by @Spiteful Murkrow
Episode 8: The Raikou, Dragon, and Phoenix Begin Rehearsals, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Another chapter of Artistic Vision, by @creativelover93
Chapter 4 of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders, by @Extension_Driver

pokemon-pikachu.gif

This could, possibly, be the shortest newsletter yet. Oh, stop sulking, Pikachu.

New Chapters
Three new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Turnabout Monsters from Fifth Path Supports, by @BackSet
Chapter 133 - Six Chips of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip

Review Game

Word of the Week

brevity (n.): 1. the quality of being brief in duration.
2. succinctness; conciseness.
3. the soul of wit [Wiktionary]

The irony is, of course, that when Polonius declares brevity to be the soul of wit in Hamlet, it is as the character most prone to bluster and general pomposity. Perhaps he is, nevertheless, correct.

164.gif

I'm back : )​

New Releases

Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon by @Cherry_BombBees

“What kinds of trainers do you see yourselves becoming with these starters by your side? Where do you see yourself in the future? What new horizons do you see yourselves reaching?”

Coltar - The Prophecy by @Cavespider_17

New Chapters

Chapter Three of Ruby and Sapphire 2 by @Fairy Type Arceus
Chapter 134 of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
Chapter 22 of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf
Episode 23 of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz
Episode 10 of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 17 of The Journey to Bend Broken Things by @Poke Dragon
Chapter 8 of Understanding an Inferno by @Jersey Jimmy

Review Game

August Newsletter - Wk I
New Chapters
Chapter XXIII - Let Loose Your Spirit of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, by @StolenMadWolf
Three new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Episode 12: Delphox Leads the Readthrough of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Interlude: Treasures Around the Campfire of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
Episode 25: Six Elements Come into Balance of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 10 - Lioa of Coltar - The Prophecy, by @Cavespider_17
Chapter 135 - Reconnecting of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip

Review Game

August Newsletter - Week 2
tumblr_03b9b1bd5815ed2def52db94b196f34a_50d975d7_540-34.png

The gif didn't transfer to a gif, so take a still image of Wallace clapping. Also webp are my nemesis.
New Fics

Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip
A collection of oneshots based on writing prompts based on paint chips. Because paint chips are the bread of goodness. These also serve as a good way for me to explore other parts of my ficverse. Ratings will vary, and individual oneshots will be tagged and rated.

The Hero of Another Story by @AbraPunk
One world ends, and another begins.

New Chapters

"Episode 13: The Stage Comes to Life" of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Two new chapters of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf

Two new chapters of Coltar - The Prophecy by @Cavespider_17

"Episode 26: Six Spirits Reach for the Stars" of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz

"Episode 12a: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 1)" of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Five new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

Review Game

August Newsletter - Week 3
2285e8bd3456a3808834d877e19f4b9154f719f6.gifv

Summer's almost over​

New Releases
Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer, by @System Error
  • The world's first Pokemon Rehabilitator, Nori Carino's job is to reform Pokemon that treatment facilities and veteran trainers cannot handle, giving them one final chance through his unorthodox take on training. His first assignment? A sadistic Pokemon once owned by a serial killer, which is equally murderous as his former trainer.
New Chapters
Episode 14: Delphox Delights the Phoenix, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Epilogue: Let's Go Exploring, of Dragonspiral's Children, by @Spiteful Murkrow
Chapter XXV - Always Audacity, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, by @StolenMadWolf
Chapter 30: The way home! End of a chapter?, of The Joseph & Alice Podcast, by @JFrombaugh
Anthology Addendum 2 of Nori's Poem Anthology, by @Nori
Chapter 108 - Lilith Wing Rises Again of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Episode 12b: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 2), of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
Episode 26: Six Spirits Reach for the Stars of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz

Review Game

September Newsletter - Week 1
bulbasaur-pokemon.gif

Getting ready for a Trick-or-Treating!
(Artist: butt-berry)

Weekly News

The Writers' Workshop is hosting a brand new one-shot competition! This year's theme is Halloween -- expect plenty of goosebumps-worthy entries to enrich your nights until Hallow's End! You can register as a writer, judge, or both until September 15, so you have plenty of time to get your creative juices flowing! :D

New Releases

Context Switch (redux), by @Spiteful Murkrow
  • A tale of troubling projects, programming, and of glimpses into what Game Freak is up to in the world of Pokémon.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hellfire Renegades, by @AbraPunk
  • A former Pokémon trainer is transported to a world where only Pokémon live. Turned into an Aron, and having to put up with an absolute nervous wreck of a Tyrogue, the pair must find out how to stop an impending catastrophe.
Shattered Daybreak, by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
  • Emelie finds herself the owner of a house on Hau'oli Outskirts. She learns she will be exploring Alola for a project she never signed up for. Unsure as to how she got here, she plays along with a narrative already constructed for her to see what happens.

When Melemele Island receives an unexpected guest who derails the annual festival held in honor of the Tapu and a young trial-goer's wish of battling his grandfather someday is called into question, Emelie must take an active role in protecting Alola's future.

(Ultra Sun AU, Isekai)
Making the World Go 'Round (GtI), by @VeniaSilente
  • This is basically set early during the plot of Gates, with the now protagonist Tepig who is — and I must stress this — totally not a human, must try and find out about a Hydreigon he often sees in his dreams. Weeks have come and gone doing chores - until suddenly Feremiz notices a "little shop of horrors" near the town plaza that they had never checked out before.
bric-à-brac [a flash fiction collection] by @silurica

• [noun] a miscellaneous collection of small articles commonly of ornamental or sentimental value

Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear. I may add more to this thread in the future if I write more miscellaneous stories of my pkmn characters under similar length.

New Chapters

Chapter 5, of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders, by @Extension_Driver
Gatekeeper's Story, of Fifth Path Supports, by @BackSet
Chapter 137 - One Hour, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip
Episode 27: Six Heroes Brainstorm Together and Episode 28: An Iconic Scene in Scarlet of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse), by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 4, of Mutiny of the Blargg, by @Ihsan997
Interlude: The Dragon Among Flowers, of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
Slice 2: Iron Monster, of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer, by @System Error
Chapter Forty Four – Windblown from Sinnoh, of The Long Walk, by @Beth Pavell
Chapter 111) Gentle Awakening, of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Chapter 14 - School, of Coltar - The Prophecy, by @Cavespider_17
Interlude: The Emerald Leaf Bow on the Red Hill and Episode 15: A Readthrough of Six, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
Chapter 6, of Different Eyes, by @unrepentantAuthor

Review Game

@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spr_5b_255_m.png
Spr_5b_255_m_s.png

Lots of twos two-day​

Weekly News
Sign-ups for the Halloween oneshot contest are now closed. For those of you who signed up to write, you have until October 30 to finish your stories. Good luck!

New Releases
We Don't Speak His Name (Oneshot) by @Torchic W. Pip
As Team Rocket gains influence and power on a regional and national level, Proton is tasked with leading the Hoenn branch. In addition to getting Team Magma and Aqua to cooperate and keeping them from killing each other, he must also kidnap the Champion during the siege of Sootopolis City and force him to summon Rayquaza.

Depending on who you ask, there’s either no problems with this plan, or there’s only one: The Champion is Proton’s nephew, and Proton hates his family.

[NO AUDIO] by @Spiteful Murkrow
Silent surveillance footage from a gas station south of Eterna City captures glimpses of an otherworldly visitor. Reality-warping events ensue.

Journey's End by @galacticarticuno
This is a one-shot I did, based on Episode 3 of Diamond and Pearl When Pokemon Worlds Collide. I am not sure what disease Pikachu had, maybe Huntington’s Disease which kills slowly over time, affecting cognitive function and neurological status. Ash will not be returning back to life but I figure that his pokemon would have been released into the wild to either be caught by other trainers or live their lives in the wild as free pokemon, never taking another human master. I had to watch this episode a few times to get the dialogue & actions leading up to what follows the explosion and then my imagination went from there. It was written July 21, 2019 and posted to my writing blog and my fanfiction page under moonfeather58.

Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow
It is the world of Pokémon and you are a dragon, a word that means many things to many sorts. Mighty and meek. Weak and strong. Covered in scale and fur and most everything in between. These are your stories, ones about the various creatures who can claim such a title.

Even if some of them might seem strange to others at a first glance.

Prema Kannagi: Memory of a Ghoul by @System Error
As part of her duties as future head priestess of her revered shrine, Prema Kannagi is sent to handle a restless Pokemon spirit haunting an old warehouse with special significance to her. Though her training and blood make her one of the most capable diviners in Sinnoh, she faces a challenge harder than any she's experienced...

Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno
Harry is not only the son of Remus and Lily from a one-night stand but also a werewolf. When Voldemort comes to attack the prophesied children (Cedar Potter or Neville Longbottom), Snape arrives beforehand and tries to warn Lily and James about the Dark Lord's arrival. Instead, he meets Augusta and Remus, the Potters and Longbottoms having gone out for an evening to themselves. Before they can be killed, a portal opens as a result of a kitsune playing around with magic and seeing an opportunity, Snape forces Lupin, his litter of pups and the prophesied children into the portal. As it closes behind him, Snape turns to face Voldemort moments later and is sentenced to Azkaban but no trace of Remus or the children is found. When Remus comes to, he realizes they are on a completely different world in a different solar system where Remus must learn to accept not only his wolf, but learn how to be a father and guardian while searching for a way to return to his own world.

Hunting Game by @Spiteful Murkrow
When a Pokémon partners with a human, they share the same triumphs, the same trials. Even if it means going to faraway lands, even if it means braving dangers, even if it means facing the unknown.

It's the same for you, and that is what brought you, your human, and your friends to this place: to go hunting game.

Paradigm Shift: Chronicles of a Changed World by @Extension_Driver
A collection of short snippets following the lives of Pokemon as they try to adapt to a strange and alien world. One so familar with Pokemon despite never having encountered them.

New Chapters
Chapter 32: Joseph & Alice set off! Charting their paths forward! of The Joseph & Alice Podcast by @JFrombaugh
Chapter 22 of Fire Emblem: Three Houses: Fifth Path by @BackSet
Part 2 - $ source /etc/Extraneous.Variables█ of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow
Chapter 138 - West Null Village of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
Chapter Two: However, I Disagree of Shattered Daybreak by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
Two new chapters of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip
Two new chapters of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz
Two new chapters of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer by @System Error
Death of Duty, Chapter 18: Soul of Journey by @joshthewriter
Three new chapters of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz
Five new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

Review Game

Last edited:
October - Week 1
New Releases
Torchic's Sabotageshipping Drabble and Ficlet Collection by @Torchic W. Pip
Be the Sabotageshipping you want to see in the world.

Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White by @matt0044
Pokemon and Trainer alike start their story off on a rough patch. Things can only go up from here... hopefully.

The Queen of Kalos by @CinderArts
Serena, the current Queen of Kalos, struggles to make ends meet in a world filled with a new form of celebrity stars — streamers, boy bands and influencers. But things brighten up for Serena when she meets Gloria, a girl who believes her powers are real. Together they travel throughout Galar for a performance, but she doesn't have the heart to reveal that her feats are merely tricks and risks financial ruin by giving her gifts supplied by her "performances."

New Chapters

Fate's Design of Pokémon: Journey by @joshthewriter
A Dragon’s Ferocity of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow
Chapter 12: A Business Proposition of Star Performer by @MisheardWhisper
Two new chapters of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip
Two new chapters of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip
Chapter 139 – Gone, and Remembered of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
Recollection II: Name of Respect of Prema Kannagi: Memory of a Ghoul by @System Error
Chapter Three: Hau I Met My...? of Shattered Daybreak by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
Two new chapters of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow
Episode 20: The Archer Princess Comes to Life of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz
Bonus Chapter 1 - Dexes and Dungeons 1 of Pokémon Mystery DUngeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf
Two new chapters of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz
Two new chapters of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

Review Game

October Newsletter - Wk 2
tumblr_p7zzmqNJol1xrpawgo1_500.gif

Announcements
We're into the last two weeks of writing time for the One-Shot contest! Give it your best shot!

New Releases
Rocket Kitchen Roulette, by @columboisreal
  • Giovanni kidnaps Wallace, Nessa, Serena, Calem, Looker, Wattson, Volkner, and Sophocles and makes them participants in his roulette-themed cooking show. Tensions are high. Money is on the line. Nobody knows what’s going on.
New Chapters
Recollection III: Aims of a Friend of Prema Kannagi: Memory of a Ghoul, by @System Error
Four new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
Chapter 11: Roses have Thorns, of White Swan, Black Swan, by @Sinderella
Chapter Four: Alpha's Decision, of Mystic Prism, by @galacticarticuno
Episode 34: A Rehearsal with Puppets, of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz

Review Game
@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Chapter 1 of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon

October Newsletter - Wk 3
67a0195dd92ce3126507e84a390dccdf.gif

Announcements
We're in the home stretch of the one shot contest! Give it your best shot!!!

New Releases
None
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 3.25.45 PM.png

New Chapters
"A Dragon's Lineage" of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow

"Miss Molly" of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

Chapter 20 of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip

Four new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

Chapter II.I - Darkness at Sea of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf

Episode 21: Taking the First Shot Onstage of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Episode 14a: The School of Hard Knocks (part 1) of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Three new chapters of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

Review Game
@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Chapter 1 of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon

October Newsletter - Wk 4
Bag_Strange_Ball_HOME_Sprite.png

Will you take the ball?​

Announcements
We're getting several entries for the oneshot contest in! the deadline has been extended by a week, so don't fret if you're still editing! (Or writing. Or starting to write your story.)

New Releases
Weakened Boundaries (Horror; Halloween 2022 one-shot contest) by @Daren
"I don’t sleep well anymore, of course, and it’s difficult to get out much, even though Wilbert takes excellent care of me (people unfamiliar with Pokémon may find it surprising how gentle and affectionate a Luxray can be), and my friends and neighbors are very helpful..."

Nightmare by @joshthewriter
"The night was black. That was not unusual. The night was always black in Alamos Town. Nestled atop an isolated mesa to the north of the Oreburgh Valley, it was shielded from the radiant light of Jubilife and Hearthome by the small peaks of the Ravaged Path in the west and by the indomitable Coronet Highlands to the east. On top of that, the light from Oreburgh city was hidden by the valley walls and Eterna was shrouded by the outskirts of the forest. So, night was always darker in Alamos. Darker than it was in most of Sinnoh..."

Eaten Dreams of a Viridian World (Halloween one-shot) by @Aozora
Hi everyone - this is my entry for the Halloween one-shot event. It is based on and takes place in the Pokémon world, but isn't necessarily meant to adhere to any specific canon. The main character, Mina, can be thought of as the female protagonist from the FRLG games (it is one of the names you can choose in those games, and without spoiling too much, I felt like it fits thematically). This story chronicles her experiences with the supernatural and attempting to uncover the true nature of her world. Another character that might not be obvious in this story is Sird.

My Halloween Contest One-Shot story: The Romani Ranch Abduction by @Greninjaman
Do I really need to explain? This is Romani's abduction by aliens/ghosts/whatever those things were, but from Romani's perspective. I did alter things a bit to make the story work. While it does not quite have 2,000 words, I decided to be careful since I didn't want to go crazy with ideas only to end up over the 10,000-word limit. If I did, I would have to make changes and that would be annoying. I wanted to explore what happened during Romani's time in the orb/spaceship. This was the original idea that I had for the contest, but then I swapped to other Legend of Zelda ideas, like conquering one's fear. I also swapped to Pokémon for a bit, but nothing really worked since I felt they would need more than 10,000 words due to how complex they were. This idea works because it is simple due to only being about one specific event: The abduction and what happened between Romani's abduction and Romani's return.

Team Rocket's Annual Halloween Bash by @columboisreal
Looker is forced to help Giovanni with his Halloween Party schemes.

The Red Fog of Terror - Halloween One-Shot by @Lone_Garurumon
And here is my Halloween One-Shot entry. As the title implies, I based the concept off of the Pokestar Studios production from Pokemon Black and White 2 by the same name. Some aspects are carried over from the original, but several aspects are my own invention, and overall I feel I've done enough to make the concept my own. So please, enjoy.

Lost in Space (autumn 2020 oneshot entry) by @iG.maliant
inspired by: https://twitter.com/KaatokunArt/status/1567062628656087042
initialising… ... ... Infected Mushroom & Tuna - Lost In Space (feat. A-Wa) [Monstercat Release]

initialisation complete. are we live? good, we are. lets go.

Lifetime Achievement Award (Halloween 2022 One Shot Contest) by @Torchic W. Pip
This is your last ride ever, forever
Fill up your lungs - feel better?
Look - it's you, good as new
New hands, new throat, new living tissue
You earned this new purpose
Lifetime Achievement Award

Extra: Trick or Treat by @Spiteful Murkrow

New Chapters
"Love Birds" of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

"Chapter 141 - Final Wings" of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip

"Episode 36: Raikou Brings An Adventure to Life" of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz

"Part 5 - if ( Project->Status() != COMPLETE ) do debugging();" of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow

"Chapter 3: Silly Stick In The Muds" of Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter One by @matt0044

"Part 2: New World Order" of The Hero of Another Story by @AbraPunk

Chapter 21 of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip

"Slice 6:" of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer by @System Error

Seven new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

"Death of Duty, Chapter 19: Mission" of Journey by @joshthewriter

"Chapter 18: Oh Deerling" of The Journey to Mend Broken Things by @Poke Dragon

"Episode 22: Best Friends Make Their Debut" of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Chapter 2 of Rocket Kitchen Roulette by @columboisreal

Review Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom