• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The Writers Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I will put it up very shortly, then.

Homard

The rules have been updated. The entire post, including the rules and ratings guide, has been shortened and simplified. We are also allowing any type of work now, including non-fiction, so if anyone has essays they have been wanting to share to feel free to post away! Any questions, clarifications or general comments, feel free to contact one of us moderators or post in here.

So I've got a question regarding something:

- All ‘Teen/Mature’ threads must state what mature content will appear in the first post of the thread

In one of my WIPs, there's a bit of content that could likely be considered to fall under this... that's also a plot twist. What's the best way to comply with the rules without possibly being a spoiler?

In one of my WIPs, there's a bit of content that could likely be considered to fall under this... that's also a plot twist. What's the best way to comply with the rules without possibly being a spoiler?

Be vague. For example, saying that a story has graphic violence, sexual content, and drug abuse doesn't spoil the story too much. If you're still confused, feel free to PM me or another mod the specific example you're talking about.

I've just noticed Rule 1a - when stating what "mature content" will feature, should I take the explanations under Rule 7 as my guide?
As a general rule, yes. Most of these are common sense, but you don't have to have a list of a dozen or so things unless you happen to have tons of violence, sex and drugs in your story. Feel free to PM if you want to double check anything

As a general rule, yes. Most of these are common sense, but you don't have to have a list of a dozen or so things unless you happen to have tons of violence, sex and drugs in your story. Feel free to PM if you want to double check anything

Or unless it's something really hard like torture, rape or child abuse.

Just a reminder to people, you do not have to list content related to ratings (i.e. if your story includes violence or swearing) in your thread title. You only need to list it in the first post of your thread. The only time you need to list such content in your thread title is if your story contains scenes of sexual violence.

Thanks for reminding me! I keep forgetting to include the content warning for my story.

I include it in case people don't want to read the kind of story. I kept meaning to put it, but kept forgetting.

Hi there!
Just a quick check if I got everything right:
The story I want to share here basically fits everything on the mature chart except gore. Not always displayed, but the entire theme is akin to drug war mexico. I have absolutely zero issue with tagging all of it, but I wanna make sure I do it right. So my title should be something like "[Mature] [Sexual Contenct] [My actual story name]" and then detail whats eventually going to happen later in the story in the first comment?

Hi there!
Just a quick check if I got everything right:
The story I want to share here basically fits everything on the mature chart except gore. Not always displayed, but the entire theme is akin to drug war mexico. I have absolutely zero issue with tagging all of it, but I wanna make sure I do it right. So my title should be something like "[Mature] [Sexual Contenct] [My actual story name]" and then detail whats eventually going to happen later in the story in the first comment?

Hey! Thanks for the question. All stories must have a rating tag, mature or not, but you don't have to place the sexual content warning in the thread title. It can be [MATURE] (which is an option in a dropdown box when you make your thread) and your story name, and that's it. For the specific warnings, you can put those in the first post, yeah.

If you have any trouble or any other questions, just let me or another moderator know. Welcome to the forum, and I hope to see your story soon!

@Lyca Just as a clarification around the sexual content stuff: you only need to put a warning in your thread title if it's scenes of sexual violence, everything else just mention in the first post1 To echo dp, welcome to the forum :D

I see.

as I've already posted, I'll include that warning as soon as it happens. Which could take a while.

And thanks :3

So odd question. Let's say I have a textbook for a fanfiction (or fanfictions in my case) is that also welcome here as its own thread?

So odd question. Let's say I have a textbook for a fanfiction (or fanfictions in my case) is that also welcome here as its own thread?
Are you referring to a companion textbook ala how JK Rowling published Quidditch Through the Ages as a separate book? That would be allowable as its own thread.

Due to the issues with Photobucket that I am sure many of you are familiar with, we have moved our awards banners to Imgur so that they will be safe for the time being. If you have received a banner and have it on display anywhere, you may want to revisit the Hall of Fame and replace the Photobucket version with the Imgur one.

Alongside the forum wide rule changes which everyone should be on top of (the link in the announcement box at the top of the forum), our rules have been updated as well. Make sure you read both sets and follow them accordingly.

2c6a6ffa00414180f89acae5bb274143.gif

Hey, guys! The mods have talked about posting a weekly mini-newsletter here to update you all on the latest Writers Workshop changes as well as new fics from authors both new and old!

This week's been pretty exciting, as we've seen quite a few fics released as well as some brand new faces! We've also touched up the old awards Hall of Fame from 2009-2011, as most of the banners were missing due to broken links. Finally, the Review League is looking for contributors who want to make art, beta read, or write crossover battles for our prize winners! If you're interested, more information can be found here.

Without further ado, the list of new fics posted just this week...

First up, we've got a Boku No Hero Academia/My Hero Academia shipping one-shot from @UselessBytes titled Those Eyes! Here's a sweet, quick read that doesn't require you to know anything about the fandom for you to enjoy.

Next, @canisaries is back with Hunter, Haunted, a horror/thriller fic based off of the Twitch Plays Pokemon subfandom. Canisaries has a real knack for writing engaging stories in these genres, so check it out!

@Antoshi this week posted their first fic to the Writers Workshop, titled A Blond Ray of Sunshine! Here, Antoshi offers a journey fic which paints a unique picture of Kanto.

@lucarioknight56 took a break from their chaptered fics this week to offer us a PMD one-shot titled Dente's Tale! This fluffy story features Wenstrel the Quagsire and Dente the Oshawott and a big birthday preparation!

Finally, we've got @Gengarzilla and their first fic posted to the Writers Workshop, too! Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Azure Rescuers introduces a human turned into a togepi and explores how she adapts to her new life in the pokemon world.

Keep up the awesome work, guys! And see you all next week with some more fic features and misc. news!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom