• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TheCapsFan's Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hey everyone! So a couple of weeks ago I decided to do a Nuzlocke challenge for the first time. The thought occurred to me during my first-ever casual playthrough of Pokemon Red, and I do plan at some point to do this for every generation. This is something I've actually attempted in the past, and something I've always wanted to undergo, so I'm really excited to start doing this! I'm a bit underway through the run (more on that later) but I decided that in the effort to keep the run as legitimate as possible (and to keep me from cheating) I'd create a blog detailing my progress through the run. seriously though whenever I play a fire emblem game and a unit dies, nine times out of ten i will reset the system and restart the chapter to keep the unit alive so I'm really relying on this to keep

For Generation 1, I've chosen to do a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Yellow. This is because I just played through Red and I don't want to deal with the black & white art gameplay anymore. Now, if you're unfamiliar with what a Nuzlocke challenge is, you can read more about it here, but I'll sum up the rules I'm choosing to use real quick. My restrictions are as follows:
  1. I can only catch one Pokemon per area in the game. An area is defined as any land or sea route, cave, or dungeon, where a wild Pokemon can be encountered. This includes the Safari Zone, as well as the grass/water found in the Indigo Plateau. It does not, however, include any water found in towns.
  2. I must catch the first Pokemon I encounter any any aforementioned area. If the wild Pokemon runs away, if I run out of Pokeballs, or if I make the wild Pokemon faint, I cannot catch any more Pokemon in that area.
  3. If any of my Pokemon faint, they will be stored in Box 20 of the storage system, and I will be unable to use them for the remainder of the playthrough. If Box 20 fills up, then I will use Box 19. Typically the rules are that you must release any Pokemon that faint, but I don't like releasing any of the Pokemon I catch, so I'm not going to do that.
  4. Gift/static Pokemon, such as those that come from fossils, any of the legendary birds, Eevee, or Lapras do not count towards the catching restriction.
  5. All Pokemon I catch or receive will be nicknamed.
  6. I am allowed to heal as many times I want at any Pokemon center.
  7. If I white out at any point during the run, it will be considered game over, even if I have overflow Pokemon in the PC box.
That should be everything; if I've forgotten anything, or if you have any questions, please let me know in a post down below. Being my first Nuzlocke, I'm not trying to make this a super hardcore run or anything, I'm just looking to experience something new. I might try some of the tougher restrictions in later runs of later games which I'm more familiar with (maybe Platinum or Black/White).

Now, onto the progress I've already made!!

------------------------------------------------

Trainer Name: DJ
ID No: 18735
Badges: 1
Play Time: 6 hours 20 min

Party Pokemon

Ashes the Pikachu (Caught: Starter)
Lv 15, 37/27/18/38/24
Moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, Thunder Wave

Rat the Ratatta (Caught: Route 1)
Lv 10, 29/17/13/21/12
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Bird Jesus the Pidgey (Caught: Route 2)
Lv 15, 42/24/20/24/18
Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

Poisson the Nidoran-M (Caught: Route 22)
Lv 14, 41/26/18/24/20
Moves: Leer, Tackle, Horn Attack, Double Kick

Bug the Butterfree (Caught: Viridian Forest)
Lv 14, 46/20/21/30/29
Moves: Tackle, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Confusion

Becky the Spearow (Caught: Route 3)
Lv 9, 28/17/13/18/13
Moves: Peck, Growl, Leer

Boxed Pokemon

None for now!

Dead Pokemon

None for now!

------------------------------------------------

So far the run has gone quite smoothly, I would say. I rushed through most of the pre-Brock stuff; halfway through Viridian I forgot that you could access Route 22 early and get a Pokemon there, and boy I am glad I got a Nidoran male. Having seen many a Gen 1 speedrun in my day, I know just how much of a tank the Nidoking line can be for any Gen 1 run. Horn Attack is a very strong move early on, and the variety of TMs that Nido can learn make it a very versatile addition to my team, where it might be able to learn moves of typings which I am missing. This will be extremely useful especially for Water type; in Gen 1, Nidoking can learn Water Gun, Bubblebeam, and Surf. It can also learn Ice Beam which is useful for Giovanni and Lance down the road.

The star of the show so far, however, has been Bug the Butterfree. Before challenging Brock, I decided to grind a bit to get Ashes, Bird Jesus, and Bug, to Lv 13 (Poisson was Lv 11 and did not know Double Kick at the point where I challenged Brock). This allowed Bug not only to evolve from Caterpie all the way to Butterfree, but to learn both Confusion and Poisonpowder. Using those two moves, Bug was able to sweep Brock.

Looking ahead I'm probably going to keep Ashes, Bird Jesus, and Poisson for the long haul, barring any sad/unforseen circumstances. Bug might be added into that Category but Bug Pokemon as a whole I've found are really only useful for the earlygame most of the time; plus the fact that Butterfree doesn't actually learn any Bug-type moves is a real bummer. I might keep it around for Confusion/Flash. Before heading to Mt. Moon I'll probably grind a bit, maybe to Lv 17 for the top four.I'm hoping to solo Misty with Pikachu, and I'm hoping to catch a Geodude in Mt. Moon to deal with Surge. Becky will be the first to get boxed in favor of the Mt. Moon Pokemon; I prefer Pidgey to Spearow anyway. Cut won't be a problem even if I don't catch a Paras in Mt. Moon, since Diglett can learn it in Yellow for some reason.

Before I post this I'd like to lay out a couple more disclaimers. I don't plan on updating this to any regularity, so feel free to watch the thread if you're interested in my progress. The reason for this is twofold. Firstly, I don't want to force myself to play this to meet some sort of schedule, nor do I enjoy forcing myself to play or finish any game. Video games are my hobby and I will play the games I want to play when I want to play them. I don't want to lose enjoyment out of my hobby by forcing myself into it. Secondly, I'm still in college. Nuzlocke challenges take a lot of time to complete due to the intense grinding that is required to make sure your Pokemon are a high enough level for major fights. I'm not going to have enough time in my schedule to play the game with any consistency.

I'd also like to put it out there that in no way do I consider myself a Pokemon expert or anything of the like. I would argue that I have a greater knowledge of Pokemon than the average player, but that doesn't mean I have a greater knowledge of Pokemon than the average user on this forum. I don't really pay attention to NPC stats or anything like that, and I don't really understand IVs or natures. I don't use X items often. My playstyle is very much "attack and use status moves sometimes," something a lot of people would consider a "n00b" playstyle. I don't plan on changing much of how I play the game for this run or any future Nuzlocke challenges. I ask that you, the reader/commenter, respect that when reading through these posts, and not to mock/flame me in any way; thanks in advance.

If you've gotten this far, thank you so much for reading! Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments down below and I'll answer them as soon as I am able. Cheers :)

• Staff
Ch 2: Moon, Bill, Misty

Hey all! Figured I'd do a bit of an update since I just beat Misty. I think that I'll probably end up updating for every gym badge/main story event I complete, so that should result in a fairly consistent update schedule, even if it's not necessarily consistent in real time. A LOT has happened in the time since the last update. I've gone and caught Pokemon in Mt. Moon, Route 4, Route 24, and Route 25, and I've also received THREE gift Pokemon! Nobody has died yet and at the moment I have a decent core of about 7 Pokemon I've been working with.

Before going through Mt. Moon I did two things. First, a tangent; I recently discovered that you can catch Shellder in the Olivine City harbor in Pokemon Gold and it got me thinking about fishing, and if I should allow that to be a viable substitute to encountering Pokemon in grass for any particular route. I decided to only allow it for any routes that don't have grass that I encounter before I can use Surf. Because of this, and honestly just for the meme, I first decided to spend the $500 to get the Magikarp (named Sean) in the Mt. Moon Pokemon Center. Then I immediately entered Moon to catch the Pokemon there, which ended up being a Geodude (named Ralph). I then went back to the center, exchanged the two new Pokemon for Rat and Becky, and began grinding them up to the same level as the other four, or until Magikarp learned Tackle.

While grinding I had one tiny scare where I decided for whatever reason to fight a wild Mankey with my Geodude, which kept Gen-1 missing its last Tackle hit to kill and got hit with a Karate Chop crit leaving it with 2 HP. I didn't have any Potions, and the rest of my party was in the yellow. I decided to risk it and not switch Geodude out because I didn't want to risk killing one of my main Pokemon. Next the Mankey outspeeds and uses Scratch, but in that moment Arceus decided to give me a break and left Ralph with 1 HP. Tackle hit and the battle ended, but that was definitely the biggest scare I've had so far.

Everything else up through Misty went fine. I picked the Helix Fossil for luck and caught a second Ratatta on Route 4. In doing some research for Rival 2 I came across something I previously didn't know; you can actually obtain the three Kanto starters as gift Pokemon in Yellow. That immediately makes this run so much easier. With no Gyrados yet and no grass types I decided to train Bulbasaur (named Archie) up for Misty's gym, replacing Ralph with Archie.

Everything else went super smooth. On the routes to Bill I caught two Oddish and picked up the gift Charmander. Poisson evolved into Nidorino, Bird Jesus evolved into Pidgeotto, and Archie evolved into Ivysaur as well. Looking ahead I'll probably keep training Archie, maybe down the line putting him in the party instead of Bug, but we'll see what else I can catch later in the game. I don't think I'll end up using the gift Charmander or Squirtle unless Bird Jesus or Magikarp/Gyrados dies. I will definitely be evolving Poisson into Nidoking asap so it can learn Thrash early (the main Gen 1 speedrun strat for those who didn't know). Cut is no longer a problem thanks to Archie, so that's good as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Badges: 2
Play Time: 14 hours 41 min

Party Pokemon

Lv 20, 48/35/23/49/31
Moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunder Wave

Bird Jesus the Pidgey (Caught: Route 2)
Lv 20, 62/38/32/38/29
Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

Poisson the Nidoran-M (Caught: Route 22)
Lv 20, 61/42/32/39/33
Moves: Water Gun, Poison Sting, Horn Attack, Double Kick

Bug the Butterfree (Caught: Viridian Forest)
Lv 19, 60/27/27/39/38
Moves: Supersonic, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder, Confusion

Sean the Magikarp (Caught: Gifted on Route 4)
Lv 19, 42/17/29/42/16
Moves: Splash, Tackle

Archie the Ivysaur (Caught: Gifted in Cerulean City)
Lv 18, 53/32/32/28/39
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Boxed Pokemon

Ralph the Geodude (Caught: Mt. Moon)
Lv 17, 44/37/44/18/19
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw

Liz the Charmander (Caught: Gifted on Route 24)
Lv 10, 30/18/16/20/17
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember

Mary Jane the Oddish (Caught: Route 24)
Lv 14, 37/19/22/17/28
Moves: Absorb

Nicholas the Oddish (Caught: Route 25)
Lv 12, 36/17/18/15/26

Rat! the Ratatta (Caught: Route 4)
Lv 10, 27/16/12/21/12

Lv 9, 28/17/13/18/13

Lv 10, 29/17/13/21/12

Dead Pokemon

None for now!

Thank you if you've read this far, and again, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to leave a reply! :)

• Staff
Ch 3: Vermillion and First Death

Hello everyone! I beat Surge yesterday and before I move on, I'm gonna give the thread an update. Since beating Misty, I've had my first death as well, my first missed catch, and quite a few evolutions! I'm going to try and keep this post a bit more brief than the prior posts.

The first thing I did upon beating Misty was box my Ivysaur, Archie, in favor of my Geodude, Ralph. This was meant to make Surge easier since Ralph would be immune to pretty much all attacks made in the Surge gym. Going south from Cerulean City, I encountered and caught a Jigglypuff, named Figaro. From there I took the underground path to Route 6. Sean (Magikarp) evolved into Gyrados here while fighting trainers. Also on Route 6, I caught another Pidgey, named King. Upon entering Vermillion, I first went east to Route 11, where I encountered and caught a third Rattata, which I named Rat?. It was at this point where I recognized that I had not been following one of the standard rules for Nuzlockes, the duplicate rule. The duplicate rule states that if you have already caught a Pokemon of the same species as first Pokemon on any given route, then you are instead able to catch the next encountered Pokemon which you do not already have. Since I haven't been following this rule thus far, I think it is only fair for me to finish the run without the duplicate rule in effect.

Heading back west to Vermillion from Route 11, I encountered a Trainer. I think it was either a Gambler or a Juggler. Bug (Butterfree) was the lead in my party at the time, and the opponent was a Sandshrew. Sandshrew moved first, and used Slash to get Bug to about 60% health. Bug then missed a Sleep Powder and was hit by Slash again. This time, thanks to a critical hit, Bug fainted. It was a careless mistake on my part to not switch out Bug to Sean, which probably would have prevented Bug's death, but I figured that keeping Bug in at 60% health would be fine. Ah well.

After that incident, I took Archie back out of the box to replace Bug, and headed to the S.S. Anne. Before fighting my Rival I decided to use my Moon Stone to evolve Poisson (Nidorino) into Nidoking. Using a Rare Candy, I then was able to teach Poisson Thrash, which is a very powerful move to have at the beginning of the game. After getting Cut from the S.S. Anne captain, I healed and then did the rest the trainer grinding before Surge. In Diglett's Tunnel, I accidentally fainted the Diglett I encountered (using Sean's Tackle). I went through the tunnel and got Flash and the Old Amber from Pewter City. After going back through the tunnel I then defeated the rest of the Route 11 trainers before challenging Surge. Sometime between then and the gym battle, Ralph evolved into Graveler. Having taught Ralph Dig, he was easily able to sweep the third gym, closing out with a one-shot of Surge's only Pokemon, Raichu.

Badges: 3
Play Time: 17 hours 20 min

Party Pokemon

Bird Jesus the Pidgeotto (Caught: Route 2)
Lv 22, 68/41/35/41/32
Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

Sean the Gyrados (Caught: Gifted on Route 4)
Lv 23, 84/73/46/51/56
Moves: Splash, Tackle, Bite, Bubblebeam

Lv 23, 54/40/26/56/35
Moves: Thundershock, Flash, Slam, Thunder Wave

Poisson the Nidoking (Caught: Route 22)
Lv 23, 78/57/45/54/47
Moves: Water Gun, Thrash, Horn Attack, Double Kick

Lv 22, 63/39/38/33/47
Moves: Body Slam, Cut, Poisonpowder, Vine Whip

Ralph the Graveler (Caught: Mt. Moon)
Lv 26, 70/64/74/34/36
Moves: Tackle, Dig, Rock Throw, Bide

Boxed Pokemon
Rat? the Rattata (Caught: Route 11)
Lv 17. 38/28/17/33/16
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang

King the Pidgey (Caught: Route 6)
Lv 16, 39/20/20/25/18

Figaro the Jigglypuff (Caught: Route 5)
Lv 5, 26/10/8/8/7
Moves: Sing

Lv 10, 30/18/16/20/17

Lv 14, 37/19/22/17/28

Lv 12, 36/17/18/15/26

Lv 10, 27/16/12/21/12

Lv 9, 28/17/13/18/13

Lv 10, 29/17/13/21/12

Dead Pokemon

Bug the Butterfree (Caught: Viridian Forest; Died: Route 11)
Lv 19, 60/27/27/39/38

Thanks again if you've read this far, and please feel free to reply if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions!

• Staff
Welp. First death. That stinks. And don't feel bad about not following the dupes rule. Mistakes happen. Will happen.

Hope Pikachu makes it through.
Yeah me too. He's already starting to show inferiority compared to my other, evolved Pokemon. My goal is to take him all the way but I might bench him later on in favor of like, Zapdos or something. We'll see.

I feel the legendary Pokémon would make the challenge too easy.
TBF Yellow is already much easier than the other games thanks to the fact that all three starters become available. Though now that you have brought up this concern, I am leaning towards not using the legendaries.

TBF Yellow is already much easier than the other games thanks to the fact that all three starters become available. Though now that you have brought up this concern, I am leaning towards not using the legendaries.
I mean, I feel like most legendaries would be hard to run into without specifically PLANNING to run into them. I think you should leave it open to chance. If you end up being able to find them as the first in their area, I say go for it. It's super unlikely it would happen.

I mean, I feel like most legendaries would be hard to run into without specifically PLANNING to run into them. I think you should leave it open to chance. If you end up being able to find them as the first in their area, I say go for it. It's super unlikely it would happen.

The problem with this is that there isn't actually any chance element at all. I would have to plan to run into them by using a ton of Repels since they are static in the overworld.

Ch 4: Rocket Hideout and Eirika

Hey everyone! It's been a while but I'm finally back to update this again. This update is pretty uneventful, though we did get a few new Pokemon, so let's get right into it!

After beating Surge, we received Squirtle, named Neal, as a gift from one of the people in Vermillion City. He's getting boxed; I don't expect to use him unless Sean dies. Returning to Cerulean, we're now able to access Route 9 using Cut. Pushing through the trainers here I don't believe I had too many struggles, but I do remember going back to heal once before getting to the Rock Tunnel PC. On Routes 9 and 10 we caught another Nidoran-Male, named Nido, and a Nidoran-Female named Florina, respectively.

Archie and Sean carried the team through Rock Tunnel. The encountered Pokemon was a Geodude who fainted. Making our way into Lavender Town, all we have to do here is heal before heading south to Route 12 to fight a couple trainers (all of whom were mostly swept by Ashes). Because there was no grass on Route 12, I used the Old Rod to fish for a Pokemon, which was a Magikarp named Popo. Backtracking through Route 12 to Route 8, we went west and encountered another Pidgey, which we failed to catch. Here I was actually hoping for a Vulpix or something but unfortunately we came up short. Poisson and Bird Jesus mostly fought the trainers here. Taking the Underground Path at the end of the Route we make our way to Route 7, where I also failed to catch the encountered Pokemon, though I don't remember what it was.

In Celadon, the first thing I did was get the Eevee from the top of the Celadon Condiminiums. I named it Eve, replaced Ralph with Eve in my party, and then went to the Department Store. There I bought a Fire Stone for Eevee, evolving it to Flareon, as well as a number of status healers and 30 Lemonades. I also bought a few TMs (I believe one was Ice Beam; taught that move to Poisson at some point). After the shopping was finished, I headed to the Rocket Hideout. This went very smoothly; I mostly fought using Bird Jesus and Eve but then realized that Flareon doesn't really learn many fire-type moves. Despite this, I kept using Eve but decided to box them after the gym was over. The Giovanni battle went quickly and I proceeded to complete the Hideout.

Eirika's next. The gym trainers were easily swept with Bird Jesus. Eirika was a different story. I actually chose to lead with Archie and had him throw out a few Body Slams, but he went into yellowbar real quick. So I switched him out for Poisson. Poisson was able to take out the first Pokemon using Ice Beam, but then I decided to use Thrash the next turn which, thanks to a critical hit, put Poisson in the low yellowbar. So I switched him out as well and put in Bird Jesus who finished the job.

Looking ahead I think I'll continue to bench Eve and use Ralph instead; potentially using Gastly/Haunter from the Pokemon Tower or Snorlax as possible 7th or 8th Pokemon. Koga will be a bit more difficult than I think I'm giving him credit for, but I will have a lot of opportunity to level grind before him with tons of trainers through Cycling Road and Routes 13-14. We'll see!

Badges: 4
Play Time: 24 hours 14 min

Party Pokemon

Lv 27, 75/48/47/40/57
Moves: Body Slam, Cut, Poisonpowder, Vine Whip

Lv 27, 98/85/54/59/65
Moves: Dragon Rage, Tackle, Bite, Bubblebeam

Lv 29, 97/72/57/67/59
Moves: Ice Beam, Thrash, Horn Attack, Double Kick

Bird Jesus the Pidgeotto (Caught: Route 2)
Lv 31, 93/58/49/57/45
Moves: Wing Attack, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Swift

Lv 29, 68/50/34/70/44
Moves: Thunderbolt, Flash, Slam, Thunder Wave

Lv 27, 73/66/77/36/38
Moves: Tackle, Dig, Rock Throw, Bide

Boxed Pokemon
Eve the Flareon (Caught: Gifted in Celadon City)
Lv 27, 80/83/39/44/67
Moves: Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

Popo the Magikarp (Caught: Route 12)
Lv 5, 18/6/11/13/7
Moves: Splash

Florina the Nidoran-F (Caught: Route 10)
Lv 17, 49/21/25/20/20
Moves: Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick, Poison Sting

Nido the Nidoran-M (Caught: Route 9)
Lv 16, 42/24/18/21/21

Neal the Squirtle (Caught: Gifted in Vermillion City)
Lv 10, 29/17/18/15/15
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble

Lv 17. 38/28/17/33/16

Lv 16, 39/20/20/25/18

Lv 5, 26/10/8/8/7

Lv 10, 30/18/16/20/17

Lv 14, 37/19/22/17/28

Lv 12, 36/17/18/15/26

Lv 10, 27/16/12/21/12

Lv 9, 28/17/13/18/13

Lv 10, 29/17/13/21/12

Dead Pokemon

Lv 19, 60/27/27/39/38

Cheers guys! thanks for sticking around this long if you did, and I'll update you after Koga's done for!

Last edited:
Ch 5: Pokemon Tower and Silph Co.

Aaaaand we're back! Hello everyone, and welcome to my Nuzlocke of Pokemon Yellow! In this episode, I've taken down Team Rocket twice; once in the Pokemon Tower, and again in Silph Co. in Saffron City. I also did a few other things, such as the Cycling Road, Safari Zone, and the Fighting Dojo. So, did my team survive the trials or get whipped by the Rockets? Let's find out!

When we last left off, we had just beaten Erica. The next step was to go to Pokemon Tower with the newly acquired Silph Scope, and fight through the Channelers to get to the top. This was one of the tougher areas I had faced up until this point. I hit redbar several times between Pikachu and Pidgeotto, with Ralph the Graveler carrying most of the load. The Pokemon I caught here was a Gastly, which I aptly named Spook.

From here I moved back south to Routes 12/13/14, where I used the Poke Flute to awaken the Snorlax. I wasn't expecting to catch it, actually, but luck was in my favor, and I named it Tiki. I haven't touched it since but it could serve as a decent replacement if one of the other Pokemon die. Making my way through Routes 13/14, I ended up teaching Archie the Ivysaur the move Razor Leaf, and eventually evolving him into Venusaur. On Route 13, I caught a Gloom, which I named Doom, and on Route 14, I caught a Bellsprout, which I named Saw (I don't really know why I named them the way I did :p).

When I reached Fuschia (That's when I put the message above), I decided to grind a bit further before challenging the fifth gym. I flew back to Celadon to stock up on Lemonades, and then took the Cycling Road to circle around back to Fuschia. Cycling Road was also really difficult to complete, again relying mostly on Ralph to take care of the Poison types along the way. I caught a Doduo in the grass on the road, which I named Rex. The biggest scare here was a critical hit from a Weezing which left Bird Jesus (now a Pidgeot) on 2 HP. I really had underestimated the strength of the Trainers here, and I really should have taken a closer look online before doing this road first, because...

...I didn't realize that the events in Saffron City were actually easier to do at this point! Besides challenging Sabrina, which is a much more difficult task, the Fighting Dojo and the entirety of Silph Co. would have actually been smarter to do first, since their levels are all for the most part lower than most of the Cycling Road trainers. So I decided that I would run through the Safari Zone (Caught an Exeggcute named Roe) and then head back up to Saffron to complete Silph Co. before challenging Koga's gym.

This was a breeze since my Pokemon were higher levels for pretty much everything. Fighting Dojo was pretty much solo'd by Bird Jesus and most of Silph was completed by rotating different team members into the first position in my party. Taught Earthquake to Poisson the Nidoking. The only real issue I had was a Hypno which caused Ashes the Pikachu to hit redbar, but outside of that, everything else was a breeze. I named the Lapras Crush and the Dojo pokemon Ryu, which is a Hitmonchan.

Going forward I'm going to challenge the Fuschia gym, then head to the Seafoam Islands. Then I'll fly back to Saffron and hit up that gym. I also think that barring any unseen circumstances, this will be my team. I am allowing myself to catch and use the Legendary Birds, but only if they are the first Pokemon I encounter in the region; so, I might avoid the Power Plant for the time being and head over there if Pikachu ends up dying. I'm feeling good about the shape that my team is in right now, but I'm aware that these next two gyms will be very tough. A bit of grinding might be needed before taking on Sabrina.

Badges: 4
Play Time: 32 hours 59 min

Party Pokemon

Lv 39, 103/96/112/52/56
Moves: Strength, Dig, Rock Throw, Earthquake

Lv 38, 126/95/75/89/78
Moves: Ice Beam, Thrash, Earthquake, Double Kick

Lv 37, 132/117/74/81/89
Moves: Dragon Rage, Skull Bash, Bite, Surf

Archie the Venusaur (Caught: Gifted in Cerulean City)
Lv 37, 116/81/80/72/94
Moves: Body Slam, Cut, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf

Lv 39, 90/69/46/96/61
Moves: Thunderbolt, Flash, Slam, Thunder Wave

Bird Jesus the Pidgeot (Caught: Route 2)
Lv 38, 128/86/75/85/71
Moves: Wing Attack, Sand-Attack, Fly, Swift

Boxed Pokemon
Crush the Lapras (Caught: Gifted by Man in Silph Co.)
Lv 15, 66/33/29/23/35
Moves: Water Gun, Growl

Ryu the Hitmonchan (Caught: Gifted in Fighting Dojo)
Lv 30, 75/68/54/51/32
Moves: Comet Punch, Agility

Roe the Exeggcute (Caught: Safari Zone)
Lv 26, 70/32/50/29/39
Moves: Barrage, Hypnosis, Reflect

Rex the Doduo (Caught: Cycling Road)
Lv 28, 62/58/34/50/29
Moves: Peck, Growl, Fury Attack

Saw the Bellsprout (Caught: Route 14)
Lv 28, 68/52/29/30/44
Moves: Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Acid

Doom the Gloom (Caught: Route 13)
Lv 29, 75/47/50/36/58
Moves: Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Acid

Tiki the Snorlax (Caught: Sleeping on Route 12/13 intersection)
Lv 30, 143/76/45/29/48
Moves: Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest

Spook the Gastly (Caught: Pokemon Tower)
Lv 25, 53/22/27/52/56
Moves: Lick, Confuse Ray, Night Shade

Eve the Flareon (Caught: Gifted in Celadon City)
Lv 27, 80/83/39/44/67
Moves: Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

Popo the Magikarp (Caught: Route 12)
Lv 5, 18/6/11/13/7
Moves: Splash

Florina the Nidoran-F (Caught: Route 10)
Lv 17, 49/21/25/20/20
Moves: Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick, Poison Sting

Nido the Nidoran-M (Caught: Route 9)
Lv 16, 42/24/18/21/21

Neal the Squirtle (Caught: Gifted in Vermillion City)
Lv 10, 29/17/18/15/15
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble

Lv 17. 38/28/17/33/16

Lv 16, 39/20/20/25/18

Lv 5, 26/10/8/8/7

Lv 10, 30/18/16/20/17

Lv 14, 37/19/22/17/28

Lv 12, 36/17/18/15/26

Lv 10, 27/16/12/21/12

Lv 9, 28/17/13/18/13

Lv 10, 29/17/13/21/12

Dead Pokemon

Lv 19, 60/27/27/39/38

And that's all for now! Next time, we'll be two badges richer!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom