• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Theories on chairman Rose, Oleana and Bede

I have some theories, all that could make International Police the true villain teams as well.

1, Oleana and Rose bribed International Police to do their own businesses, and then the International Police starts persecuting many trainers, even the main character, for reason unknown or ideological reasons. Bede is a detective for IP and works as a double agent trying to persecute the PC for unauthorized hacking or something.
2, International Police funded Rose's Company to surpress the trainers and Pokémon in Galar via any means, and both they developed Dynamax and Gigantimax to hack wild Pokemon. Oleana was also working for IP, thus allowing her and the officers to abuse their own powers to create false-flag operations on Galar's population as well as protecting their shady businesses. Bede would also be similar, as a police detective trying to stop the player.

I do have more theories, but these two could be possible, since IRL, police bribery is common.
Nothing shown even implies something like this.

Come on folks, speculation is not the same as fanfic-time.

So can we agree that Rose gives off vibes of being ascummy business man but not the true antagonist? And possibly Oleana is the main bad guy?

Rose using Roserade and rose associated pokemon?
Rose dragon pokemon fingers crossed.

I agree that the hexagons are significant, but I seriously doubt Meltan has anything to do with the plot. Mythicals haven't been given much story since Gen 6, and they're given even less in games after their debut. The plot of games doesn't often center around Pokemon from past gens, either-even a role that could be fit with a common Pokemon will go to a new one to show off the generation's designs. (Hugh's sister could have had any Pokemon stolen, but she had a Purrloin stolen, AZ could have lost any Pokemon, but it was his Florges who died, etc) Plus, what little plot Meltan did get was about its mysterious return-it'd be weird to scratch that out and pretend it was still missing.
also you help returning meltan to galar
This would leave a sour taste for anyone upset with the dex cut. You go to all this trouble to bring back one species, but not any that were taken out of the game?

Last edited:
I mean if it's hexagons we want then why don't we get it over with and loop Zygarde into this as well. Unova, too, since it's a big hexagon.

I'll get the ball rolling: 3000 years ago Galar went to war with Kalos, Kalos formed an alliance with Unova (the Abyssal Monument being built in Unova as a symbol of their friendship and dedicated to King AZ), the Kalos army awakened Zygarde Complete Form, meanwhile Galar formed an alliance with Kanto who brought Melmetal into the fray. Things went back and forth until the dual leaders of Unova began to argue with each other and led to the collapse of the Kalos/Unova alliance as Unova fell into its own civil war and the Original Dragon split apart. Seeing that inspired the Kalosians to split apart Melmetal by using the Anistar sundial, disarming the Galar region's best offense, but then the Galarians struck back with their own moondial which separated Zygarde into multiple cells. The sun and moon energies created a rift in space that teleported Zygarde's cells to Alola and sent all the Meltan to some distant world. Floette died in the crossfire and so AZ built the ultimate weapon to end everything. Lysandre reviving the ultimate weapon in X & Y inspired Rose to dig into the history of the war and led to him discovering Bede in the woods, and Bede is actually a young child who was made immortal by the ultimate weapon beam and then raised in the wild by Zacian and Zamazenta whom he seeks to be reunited with

good? I have a part 2 ready to go

part 2: rose actually has a nefarious scheme of his own. he wants to use the power of Eternatus, an evil spirit that possessed the Galarian king and influenced him to go to war with Kalos, in order to conquer the world and is encouraging the use of Dynamax in the Galar League to create enough negative energy to attract Eternatus to the land. Rose knows that Eternatus's return will attract Zacian and Zamazenta, fulfilling his end of the bargain with Bede, but also knows that Zacian and Zamazenta will not be able to stop it because Rose will have Eternatus possess every Pokémon in the Galar region and Dynamax them all at once, creating an unstoppable army to wage war on the other regions with. Rose is motivated to do this because he hates all Pokémon that are not native to Galar, which is why he banned them from entering the region, to keep them out of the Galar League, and now he wants to wipe them out for good. Leon is his pawn in all of this and uses a Charizard because it symbolizes the alliance Galar had with Kanto in the days of the war. Team Yell are actually aware of Rose's plans and have put all their faith in Marnie to stop Rose and Bede. So they dress up as hyperenthusiastic fans as a cover so that they can sabotage other League competitors and get Marnie to the top. Marnie herself is actually the reincarnated soul of a Mew that died in the war and was friends with the children of both the Galarian king and Az, which is why Mew is in the Galar Pokédex and why Marnie wears a light pink dress and a necklace that looks kind of like Mew's head. Marnie being Mew is important because all Pokémon descended from Mew, and that highlights how Rose is seeing and acting on arbitrary differences between Pokémon where they really all share the same origin and how he's playing favorites with Pokémon like Charizard that were brought over from Kanto but are allowed to stay because they were on Galar's side in the war

Last edited:
I mean if it's hexagons we want then why don't we get it over with and loop Zygarde into this as well. Unova, too, since it's a big hexagon.

I'll get the ball rolling: 3000 years ago Galar went to war with Kalos, Kalos formed an alliance with Unova (the Abyssal Monument being built in Unova as a symbol of their friendship and dedicated to King AZ), the Kalos army awakened Zygarde Complete Form, meanwhile Galar formed an alliance with Kanto who brought Melmetal into the fray. Things went back and forth until the dual leaders of Unova began to argue with each other and led to the collapse of the Kalos/Unova alliance as Unova fell into its own civil war and the Original Dragon split apart. Seeing that inspired the Kalosians to split apart Melmetal by using the Anistar sundial, disarming the Galar region's best offense, but then the Galarians struck back with their own moondial which separated Zygarde into multiple cells. The sun and moon energies created a rift in space that teleported Zygarde's cells to Alola and sent all the Meltan to some distant world. Floette died in the crossfire and so AZ built the ultimate weapon to end everything. Lysandre reviving the ultimate weapon in X & Y inspired Rose to dig into the history of the war and led to him discovering Bede in the woods, and Bede is actually a young child who was made immortal by the ultimate weapon beam and then raised in the wild by Zacian and Zamazenta whom he seeks to be reunited with

good? I have a part 2 ready to go
Wow ,that's.....cool.
But face it ,GF won't take a long route like that, specially that it has kanto's defeat. Haha

To be brutally honest I could see GF actually taking that route. It would be a perfect time for them to finally put the genwunners in their place. Also I think GF got fed up with them after LGPE

for heaven's sake, that up there was a gag theory composited from all the other ridiculous fan theories over the last few years. what even is this strawmanning about Gen wunners?

whatever story GF have in mind will be inevitably better than the trash I cooked up there

Part now has come up with decent, yet simple theory on Bede's relationship with Rose. My guess is Rose wants Bede to do some research across Galar for something, and Bede seems want something from Rose. So to make each other happy, they form a working relationship. What I think Bede wants is a high position in Rose's company. In translated dialogue for Bede, he says being the chairman of the League is better than being the Champion. So of course what better position than not only being the strongest trainer in region, but also the one who runs the league?

Theory time. Galar is riddled with holes across the region that seem to connect to an alternate dimension. This dimension is irradiated with some kind of energy that has a unique effect on pokemon that wander into these holes (Raid Pokemon), in which turns the pokemon gigantic, or even transforms them, while also granting the enhanced power to their moves. Some parts of the region has even bigger portals to the dimension that is leaks tons of that energy out. These portal are what the gyms and league are built on top of. The leaked energy surrounds the gym, which is why the stadiums are on of the only places you can dynamax. However, building stadiums on top of the portals might also serve an alternative purpose. A pokemon that seems to reside in that alternate dimension is trying force it's way into Galar, but the stadiums serve as a form of seal to prevent it from coming through this pokemon is Eternatus. A pokemon that once before has cause havoc on Galar, but was forced back into the dimension it came from by Zacian and Zamazenta. But after centuries, it's close to returning with more and more portals opening in Galar. Meaning the boundaries is slowly crumbling. And the legends can sense his coming, that's why in their debut trailer, they were on guard.
Now onto what Rose Oleana, and Bede have to do with it. Rose and Oleana actually know of the threat of Eternatus, but Rose happened to find a business opportunity. Not only did he come up with the idea of building stadiums on top of the portals, but also the idea of using the leaking energy into Dynamaxing for gym battles. With gym battles being far more exciting, ratings would sky rocket on TV, and he would make tons of money. Oleana only contributes, cause the league also serves as a distraction for the oncoming threat. Now as for Bede. With Enternatus coming, Rose sees the need to find the strongest trainers he can get to fight him, two he has under his belt is Leon and Bede. As for why Bede volunteered is due to his own overconfidence. Not only does he want to go down as being the strongest trainer in the region, but also as the hero of the region, as he believes he's more than capable for fighting Eternatus and being handpicked by Rose himself only boosts his ego.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom