• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] All Regions will appear in Fifth-Gen

If Gen V gets any remakes at all, it'll likely be Ruby/Sapphire.

As bad a marketing move this is IMO, if they'll just be wasting time on remakes until theres a DS or higher remake for every game in the series, just ignore Ruby/Sapphire and remake Emerald. Then do so for Blue/Yellow/Crystal also.

Which would then mean we got suckered into buying HG/SS :rolleyes:

When I made this thread, I assumed Gen V would be for the 3DS.

Pokemon Gold/Silver were planned to be released for the Regular Game Boy - Nintendo made GameFreak delay the release so Pokemon Gold/Silver would be Gameboy Color titles.

Gold/Silver were still compatible with the regular Game Boy, though. Only Crystal was a true GBC-exclusive.

As for delaying, I'm not even sure that would be necessary. The 3DS has been said to be coming out before the end of Nintendo's fiscal year, which is anytime from right now up to March 2011. The most likely release period is in the last part of this year, to take advantage of all the increased shopping during the holiday season. Releasing it in the first quarter of 2011 would make no sense whatsoever.

However, there's no saying Gen V couldn't come out in September for the DS, and then the 3DS be released in October or November. That'd be incredibly dissapointing (to me), but it's entirely possible. I'm waiting for concrete information from Nintendo and GF, though, before I lose hope for a 3DS release.

Imagine the Gen 5 game as 3DS launch title!

It would sell a ton of 3DS units, that's for sure. That alone would be enough reason for Nintendo to want them on the new console, if it were at all possible. I'd think that a Pokemon launch title on the 3DS would probably cause it to break any past records of handheld launches.

Last edited:
As bad a marketing move this is IMO, if they'll just be wasting time on remakes until theres a DS or higher remake for every game in the series, just ignore Ruby/Sapphire and remake Emerald. Then do so for Blue/Yellow/Crystal also.

Which would then mean we got suckered into buying HG/SS :rolleyes:

Uhh... why? If Game Freak did that, the only difference would be their name and that they aren't paired games. Sure, they named it after Gold and Silver but they included all the stuff from Crystal. As for the RSE remakes, they'll most likely name them after Ruby and Sapphire but have all (but they better not make Wallace champion -_-) the stuff from Emerald too. Battle Frontier, both legendary mascots, etc.

Would the newer games have the capability of being played on any older DS? Assuming they will be for 3DS

Would the newer games have the capability of being played on any older DS? Assuming they will be for 3DS

True 3DS games won't be playable on the original DS, no. The 3DS is going to have considerably more processing power and hardware capabilities; it wouldn't be possible. It would be like trying to play Gamecube-level games on an N64.

How is this thread not getting shat on as much as mine?
This would be amazing. Amazing. And instead of reaching level 15 by the 8th gym in order to come out in the 50s or 60s at the end, how bout the levels just keep stacking up until NPCs have 80s and 90s?

At first glance, it sounds kinda fun, but when you think about it real hard, or just read alot of the posts here, it sounds like a not very good idea.

Frustrating; but it will certainly have a long shelf life!

Also, a longer, somewhat more difficult game might boost serious gamer's opinion of Pokemon.

Berries, Contests, and whatnot always seemed like filler. I'm sure a longer game would focus more on battling.

The main story line may only last 9 hours, but Pokemon itself has a lot of re-playability. The way you extend its shelf life is by making the wireless play better, I mean look at Halo, people just rush through the gameplay so they can just play online the entire time.

A longer game focused on battling is just boring when we only fight NPC's versus fighting real people. Then there's the fact that the story itself would just emphasize how repetitive it is by having you battle league after league after league after league after league just to beat one game.

And who really cares about these "serious" gamers. People complain about competitive battlers, yet for some reason this fandom wants those "serious gamers"? Pokemon has difficult aspects to it. It's called the Battle Frontier. An entire competitive battling community has emerged with its own set of rules and regulations separate of the game's. If they still haven't noticed the strategic aspects of battling from that, they never will and a longer game with higher levels isn't going to do it when the AI doesn't improve.

^ FTW. I don't want to have to battle multiple leagues, or spend hours grinding to fight Picnickers with level 80 Rattatas.

Extending gameplay for me needs to involve post-game events, things like Pokeathlon (or a better Contest setup), and better wifi battling. And building the Pokedex, of course.

There will never be a game with all the regions on it for this simple reason: It's easier, and more profitable in the long run to do remakes.

As it currently stands, a generation consists of 5 main series games; the primary versions, the third version, and the remakes. If Game Freak was ever to make a game that had all the regions in it they would limit their options for expanding the lifespan of that generation, and subsequent ones.

Furthermore, to have each region fleshed out, fully accessible, and playable in all aspects (which is what fans would expect) would take a massive effort by the development team, and this is not even taking into account all the work that would have to be done for the new region. Quality-wise, something would have to give somewhere, be it with the new region or old ones.

Remakes are more cost effective and efficient in terms of effort. They build on the template already created for the primary versions of the generation so there is much less effort required, and Game Freak can work on two or more projects at once. The region gets the full attention of the team, and gets fleshed out and the additions and bells and whistles.

And on the sales end, instead of releasing one game/one pair of games with all the regions crammed into it, only to have fans wanting more in about one year, they can have at least three separate releases over the span of the generation, while working on the next one.

All regions would be cool, but unfortunatly the levels of your pokes are usually in the 60's after beating the elite 4, so unless they extended pokemon levels beyong 100 I see no chance of this happening.

Im really looking forward to this next gen though. it will be interesting to see how game freak is going to be able to pull off a new generation of pokemon on a soon to be outdated platform.

New games should be on the 3DS. Likely to have reverse compatability in the sense of trading/battling vs. the DS titles, but likely won't be able to be played on a DS outright.

Right now, my guess is Black/White will be a new region. Which would likely mean there's more new pokemon coming other than the fox who has a forgetable name...

For remakes, I'd like to see an updated Emeral for the DS :yahoo:

i feel like that would really drag on gameplay. Imagine how many gyms you would have to go through? Even in Gold and Silver, the gyms were so close together that there was hardly a level difference between them. Smooshing so many in together would be gym after gym with no wandering around in between. And I like the wandering part best.

i feel like that would really drag on gameplay. Imagine how many gyms you would have to go through? Even in Gold and Silver, the gyms were so close together that there was hardly a level difference between them. Smooshing so many in together would be gym after gym with no wandering around in between. And I like the wandering part best.

Plus you'd have to deal with 3-4 vilinous teams, about 20 possible legendaries, and the detail in any existing storyline wouldn't be as good since there would be more focus on merging rather than creating.

Nintendo should probably make a poke-country available some time in the future; but only with it's own console or whatever, the mother to end every pokemon game. Would end up having about 1000 pokemon and being like, generation10; but all good things come to an end and by that time they'll probably be able to fit all that information inside a blood cell anyway.

I somehow doubt it. If we ever see all regions in one game I think it'd be mmorpg styled similar to world of warcraft.

Personally if they did ^ I'd immediately snatch it up.

I highly doubt we'll get all the regions this early on. Save that for the inevitable MMO after we've been to every region.

It's my theory (well, hope really) that we'll be in that two landmass area between Hoenn and Johto, and we can go to Hoenn after the game's completion similar to Kanto.

And no R/S remakes? No thanks you.

But if that were to happen, I hope they won't include Sinjoh.

All regions in one game huh? As a few have posted that might make a really good MMORPG. As for the level spread. It does make sense to have the wild Pokemon's level increase throughout the game. And you wouldn't have to worry too much about NPC's with LVL 80 Pokemon, you can battle real people! As for the gyms and E4 and other events you can always set level caps. So while in the event itself, your Pokemon's level will be brought down to a level that will make the event challenging.

I could enjoy a game like that.

But As for a hand held game holding all regions.... It would get real repetitive after a while.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a console Pokemon game with amazing graphics and the best story yet that spans every region of Pokemon and has excellent Wi-Fi. Then... nothing.

And Nintendo makes a kajillion dollars off of it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom