• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] All Regions will appear in Fifth-Gen

If the unite regions in any later games, the only thing I'd be comfortable with guessing at is a Hoenn/Sinnoh joining. But I'm not even certain they'd join regions in any games again, anyway.

All of them in one game? That'd be overload: Pokethlon, 4 Leagues, 2 Frontiers, 3 Safari Zones, 2 Contest Halls, Battle Tents, every Crimnal Org., the list would be endless...

I'd like a more story-line simplified release: no criminals to fight, no rampaging legendaries, just you, the league/conference of the region, gyms and battle tents.

And a place in the wild where you could actually get good xp yeild to match your level.

Frankly, if they want to be really economical, they would merge the main games and remakes into one. This generation would feature a new region, and Hoenn as the secondary region. Generation VI would then have its new region and Sinnoh as the secondary region. However, this is ignoring the economics that making remakes makes Game Freak more money than not making remakes.

The idea is wonderful from a players point of view: Being able to go to every region around. From a business point of view, this would kill the possibility for remakes, which are economically lucratrive, or else Game Freak wouldn't keep making them. That, and oversatisfying your fans is very rarely a good thing.

If this game has two regions, I doubt we'll be familiar with either one. Most definitely, it will feature one new region.

Thing is, levels would be spread out more than they are with eight gyms. You thought Tohjo was bad? that was only two regions. I don't want to be fighting the eighth gym leader at level 20.

Thing is, levels would be spread out more than they are with eight gyms. You thought Tohjo was bad? that was only two regions. I don't want to be fighting the eighth gym leader at level 20.

To play devil's advocate, it wouldn't be impossible to do something liked a tiered structure, where the first region has Pokemon between levels 1 and 45, region two has them between levels 25 and 65, region three has them between 45 and 85, and the last region has them between 65 and 100. It'd ease you into the new curve, and then you'd continue grinding up.

Still, this isn't a very good idea from a business point of view. It would take a lot of labor to get this done, and if you make this you have just smoked many chances to make more revenue by the releasing the regions as separate games. Now to mention this will turn into a nightmare on so many other fronts: Players who get frustrated at it's length, and players who are so happy that their wildest dreams came true that they'll come to expect this sort of stuff in the future, and will be very sorely disappointed when Game Freak does not deliver.

In business, you want to keep the fans wanting more, not give them everything they want.

Yeah, let's have the first gyms of ever region be weaker than the last gyms of the region before. That's worked out before.

I like your theory and the way you put it across in your post Baby Becca, but I sadly doubt we will see anything like that, as you can see allot of the 'fanbase' don't want something like that.

But if we look at the ambitions of Game Freak, we will see a pattern. They are motivated by a feeling, that they can do better than the last generation of games'. Think now, White and Black, how about a White region and a Black one? Think of Science the Multi-universe idea. Is there a chance that, the new Pokémon game will have certain sections of each game in different dimensions'.

The franchise as a whole is on to a winner with 'Time' & 'Space'. It almost feels' like Mew Versus Mewtwo again. A fight of two regions' Legendary Pokémon, one White and Black? You could make it into a kind of 'you' the trainer has to save the world for real, story; add in some mega Legendary Pocket Monsters' and you have a Multi-Million dollar spinning computer game..

The game titles make me think these are the last Pokemon games we will ever see.

The game titles make me think these are the last Pokemon games we will ever see.

Yeah, that's smart. This is a business that is selling millions and is almost the best selling video game franchise of all time... and you say they're going to end it?

NOT A CHANCE! When these games succeed, expect even more and more generations to follow.

Yeah, let's have the first gyms of ever region be weaker than the last gyms of the region before. That's worked out before.

Considering that the idea is to have a game where you go through all the regions, it'll probably be a necessary evil, and one that the fans will appreciate since it'll make things a lot less tedious when they get into a new region and it doesn't require an instant "GRIND GRIND GRIND" to make it through.

Yeah, that's smart. This is a business that is selling millions and is almost the best selling video game franchise of all time... and you say they're going to end it?

NOT A CHANCE! When these games succeed, expect even more and more generations to follow.

For now, certainly. However, there is most likely an upper limit to what the series can sustain in remakes, if they keep adding in new Pokemon and new moves each generation. At some point, having thousands of Pokemon and just as many moves will make the series be very unwieldy. However, we probably won't see that for another five generations.

And no, I don't necessarily mean that the game systems won't be able to handle the game, but that the players will find many aspects impractical having so much choice.

I would not expect this till Generation VII. I don't think well get a national quest oriented game until the country is fully mapped out.

I am going to shock you now.

It is not about money, Pokémon is about entertaining people, the massive profits are a by-product of that fact. Yes there will be more games' if they will be / can be made in some way superior to the older ones'. Everything has to end one day. Don't be surprised if one day you get that feeling, that you get when the carpet has been pulled from under your feet.

The very fact that Pokemon has been so very successful means' that Game Freak have already paid back Nintendo's investment in them. This in effect means' the the decision to make more Pokémon games' is purely Game Freaks'.

Do you even understand how a business works? Even a business of entertainment needs to focus on making money and making a good product. The Pokemon games are insanely popular so any games that sell will bring in money. And so long as they keep bringing in money, they'll keep being made, because until the cash flow stops, these are good products.

Do you even understand how a business works? Even a business of entertainment needs to focus on making money and making a good product. The Pokemon games are insanely popular so any games that sell will bring in money. And so long as they keep bringing in money, they'll keep being made, because until the cash flow stops, these are good products.
No and the person who created Pokémon doesn't either. :) That is why it is successful! Life is not about money Ryuutakesh and this is where I end this discussion with you right now, have a good day sir.

Edit: Even if he is right, I don't have to agree with him. Olaf-symbiote. ;-)

Last edited:
Face it, Why Not?: Ryuutakesh! IS right. Nintendo is a company, not a charity. Sure, they make the games entertaining and full of stuff to enjoy but don't believe they're doing it all just from the goodness of their hearts. Of course there are people like Miyamoto who might not care that much for money but just making the games accesible but as cold as it may sound, gaining profit is the ultimate goal of any big company. I support the big N all the way and love their games but even I acknowledge that making profit from their products is their priority. It DOESN'T make them a cynical, greedy big-ass corporation that doesn't care about anything else than money. It's just how the corporations operate, as Ryuutakesh! pointed out. Nintendo and Game Freak aren't stupid and just going to end their big money-maker and make surviving the competition harder for themselves.

They rarely introduce any big new IPs because they know their current franchises are already doing fine and printing them enough money. If they suddenly killed off Pokémon, they'd have a really hard time introducing a series that would become as popular as Pokémon is. "Bat the Basketball Boy" wouldn't just automatically become their next hit and take Pokémon's place. Nintendo knows they need their big franchises and realize they'd be done for if they suddenly discontinued them all. Sure, Wii Fit and the like keep selling craploads of copies but without their traditional franchises they can always count, surviving the competion with Sony and Microsoft would be a lot tougher.

EDIT: And it doesn't matter if Satoshi Tajiri couldn't care less about money, he doesn't have the power to end the series even if he wanted. Nintendo would prevent him.

Last edited:
Anybody else not really care for revisiting old regions? I'd prefer to see a region that have more than 8 gyms and a higher leveled elite 4.

On the subject of "this is just a business" is sad but true. D: It's probably why we haven't seen hide nor hair of a new Star Fox, F-ZERO, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Kirby, or Baten Kaitos game. And there's the fact that the Mother/Earthbound series ended after only three games. No profit from the games, no new game in the future. D8 It's why Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Metroid are the breadwinners for Nintendo now.

The whole business thing is very similar to how theatre works. Sure, you want to put on a good show, but if you don't make money you can't put on any shows ever. So your focus also has to be on money.

See what I'm getting at?

this will never happen on a handheld system. just keep your hopes that it will happen on the Wii or whats after the wii (Even it still wont happen). But why dont you just play all 4 regions games one after another that would make more sense.

I think they should make a game with all of the regions, but it should be a console game, and given the way things are working, probably the last game in the series (there could be two version and a third version still if they wanted) and it should have all the capabilities of most of the console games and the handheld ones.

Imagine, a third person exploratory game where one evil team is trying to rule the continent and you have to help stop them. You could take pictures like in Snap, interact with your pokemon like in Hey You Pikachu, and the battles could mirror battle revolution.

Rather than being required to enter a patch of grass to see wild pokemon, they would just wander around and you would see them and be able to engage them or sometimes you would be engaged by them instead. And it would not only mean all regions to explore, but in an entirely new way, taking pictures, fighting trainers, finding objects, and playing with your pokemon all the way! It would be the ultimate pokemon experience, and it would finally immerse people in the pokemon world to a degree never before achieved!

Of course, you can see why this sort of game would never work on a Handheld.

The biggest problem is that you guys are trying to have all of the teams and all of the storylines from every game mixed into one. I would think this game would occur sometime before or after the others, so that the storylines would occur at a different time entirely.

It would just make such a magnificent gameplay experience to have such a huge area to explore in such a new way. Rather than making it tedious and linear, make it dynamic and fun!

You people seem to have such one track minds when it comes to how Pokemon games are structured. This is clearly not like a regular game, why in the world would it have the same structure? It would take the basic structure and build upon it in a new way, to make it Pokemon, but entirely new and more immersive!

I think it will happen eventually, just not for another six years or so.

Thats IF pokemon lasts that long, it should take us into the middle of Gen VI and I don't think it could happen then, is a slim chance, but not really IMO.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom