• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] All Regions will appear in Fifth-Gen

It would be more viable as a last hit wonder, once they decide to finish up the series.

Thats IF pokemon lasts that long, it should take us into the middle of Gen VI and I don't think it could happen then, is a slim chance, but not really IMO.

Agreed besides the if pokemon lasts part.
Four regions in one game would get boring and it would probably be unbalanced.

Frustrating; but it will certainly have a long shelf life!

Also, a longer, somewhat more difficult game might boost serious gamer's opinion of Pokemon.

Berries, Contests, and whatnot always seemed like filler. I'm sure a longer game would focus more on battling.

A longer shelf life wouldn't do any good to GF who would rather have a shorter game that then they can make more different pokemon games after (each with own region) and make more money. Having a game like this would sell a lot at first and for a while after, then GF would have to wait for longer than usual to make more money.

Thinking more detailed on this, I could see for a final farewell to pokemon when the times come, they could do a all region pokemon game, be a fitting end to the franchise that will one day end (we didn't think star trek would end, but it did aside for a few occitional movies now)

I would think the level curve would be too much. We already had Gym Leaders in Johto having Pokemon with levels 10 to 13, how much lower do you want them to go? I mean, once you get to a certain point, the levels would even out, like in Kanto, but if you train 1 o 2 Pokes only, you could end up easily with 2 level 100s by the 3rd region.

Nice idea, but it would require either harder to obtain levels, or higher level cap.

When I made this thread, I assumed Gen V would be for the 3DS.

Pokemon Gold/Silver were planned to be released for the Regular Game Boy - Nintendo made GameFreak delay the release so Pokemon Gold/Silver would be Gameboy Color titles.

Imagine the Gen 5 game as 3DS launch title!

It WAS released for the GameBoy, but the GB gave you improved graphics. My theory is that B/W will be released for DS with graphical improvements on the 3DS.

i think they should just make another map for the game and a whole new pokemon list

Perhaps they'll appear in the last games of N3DS.I'm not sure,but they can't be at NDS.

As much as I would Like to see a map conecting the regions, I don't want more then 3 regions per game. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by all the stuff I had to do in Soul Silver.

I wouldn't enjoy having to go through all five regions in one game. Two was fun, three would be a neat addition, but beyond that and you're just stepping into gimmick territory.

You like Kanto? Play FR/LG or HG/SS.
You like Johto? Play HG/SS.
You like Hoenn? Play RSE and pray for a remake.
You like Sinnoh? Play freaking Platinum.

I like the idea of four regions in a console game where we can see them all vastly improved or an MMO setting where we have a never-ending Pokelife to continue, but in a single handheld game it would start to feel like a chore... and can you imagine how rushed each region would feel?

Professor: HEY GO GET 8 BADGES FROM THIS REGION
*beat the Elite Four at level 30*
Champion: OMG you is so gud. Go to SInnoh nao.

*go to Sinnoh and get 8 badges, beat the Elite Four at level 50*

Other Champion: ZOMG you rule go to Johto

*go to Johto and beat it all over again even though HG/SS just came out and beat Lance again with all his Pokemon in the 70s except for his Hackedonites that have to be premature*

Lance: you rox my sox go to Hoenn

*go to Hoenn and get ANOTHER 8 BADGES EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS LIKELY JUST A REMAKE and then then beat the champion OF HOENN THIS TIME at level 95*

Hoenn Champion: Whatever.

*go to Kanto and get 8 badges from a bunch of Gym Leaders at Level 100 as well as a bunch of level 85 Bug Catchers, beat THAT Elite Four and then beat Red who has all Level 100 Pokemon with hacked IVs that all have one hit KO moves that always hit*

Red: HOLY SHIZNIT BATMAN YOU JUST SPENT 500 HOURS ON A POKEMON GAME

Extending replay value is one thing. Making a game a repetitive mess is another. I honestly would not want to play through the formula 5 times in one game, I'd rather play their respective games in their respective graphics styles with their respective characters in my respective teams, I REALLY don't see the appeal in earning 40 Gym Badges with an overleveled Gen V team just to say "I beat it." I'd rather the detail be given to making a more realistically sized (read- ACTUAL NEIGHBORHOODS and "cities" that let you go in more than a couple of old people's apartments, and a Hospitalstore) NEW region the size of the others put together with nice spacing between the Gym Badges for mini games, catching Pokemon, exploring and plot than just play through everything I've done in the past 15 years all at one time in a scrambled mess of a game that lends 80% of its game time to places and people that I already conquered before I knew Pokemon would BE around past 2010.

I started a similar thread and others said it was worthless but I totally support the idea it would rock to play such a difficult and interesting game

...how about something different:

TWO NEW REGIONS IN ONE GAME!?!?!?

OMG IN RSEMAKES WE CAN TOTALLY GO TO HOENN AND SHINNOH YEAH!! -foams at the mouth-

But if they were really gonna do an all-region game, here's what I think it should be:

A 3D Wii Console game, and it could be a mix of Stadium, Colosseum, and Battle Revolution. It'll have
-battles against Gym Leaders, as well as mini-games, like Stadium did.
-a story-mode where you save the day in the region of your choice, like Colosseum.
-variety battles and customizable trainers, as well as random Wi-Fi battles, like PBR did.

But that's just me. D:

I'm with Jeanluc, it'd be great for a big console, too much for a handheld.
They'd likly have another handheld by the time you finished playing.

The only way to do this would be Anime style, where at the end of each region, you give your pokemon to the corresponding professor and move on to the next region.

Black and White will most likely only feature one region.

The third version also contain that same region, although I'd like it if there was also a new mini-region like the Sevii Islands.

Then, we MIGHT get R/S remakes, which will have Hoenn.

There, 2 regions in Gen V.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom