• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theory. Alola connects with Sinnoh

For the past three remakes, I always saw GF releasing these games on a new console with greater graphic improvements. I don't see why a DPPt remake would happen on a console that just had Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Maybe the next handhelds.

Anyways, I am kind of hoping for the Alola region to go the Gen V route and just have Gen VII Pokemon exclusive to these islands with no connection to any past games beyond Pokemon Bank. I'm having trouble seeing any connection to this region over the fact that it's based on real world islands in the middle of the Pacific. If there is a connection, maybe they could impliment a plane ride to whatever region. Doubtful, but that's the closest I can see things sort of happening.

For the past three remakes, I always saw GF releasing these games on a new console with greater graphic improvements. I don't see why a DPPt remake would happen on a console that just had Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Maybe the next handhelds.
Whilst i agree with you, its worth mentioning that Gen4 and 5 were both on the same console, same as we now have with gen 6 and 7. Again, i agree, i dont think we'll get new remakes on this console; but its not an impossibility.

Anyways, I am kind of hoping for the Alola region to go the Gen V route and just have Gen VII Pokemon exclusive to these islands with no connection to any past games beyond Pokemon Bank.
We already have confirmation of previous Pokemon. I believe Caterpie and corphish were seen in the E3 gameplay. Sorry.

Alola has the space theme and guardian Pokémon thing going on, but other than that, there's not much of a Sinnoh connection. If anything, Kalos is the most likely to be visited due to the Zygarde forms and Hawaii and France being on exact opposite sides of the globe. Gen VII will probably be like Gen V (no remakes except for third/paired version sequels to SM), while Gen VIII will have Sinnoh remakes and maybe even GSC VC releases to add to the "Sinnoh and Johto are connected" thing.

That is some wishful thinking... However, in my opinion, I think Alola would be would within proximity of a spin-off region. Perhaps revised.

Last edited:
Considering that this past week they confirmed that Alola was its own thing seperate from the other regions, I doubt we'll see it connected to any of them. Expect LOTS of tourists though!
Yeah we probably just get characters from each region. Maybe more sinnoh characters for reference? We could a few post game islands that is not on the Alola map like the Sevi Islands was in FRLG.

Here's an idea...

*whispers* No.... remakes. : D Especially not this gen. Seriously, don't expect Sinnoh remakes at least til the 2020s. Maybe by then, Nintendo will be ballsey enough to give Virtual Reality another go, since it will likely be mainstream by that point and supposedly the NX will be VR compatible.

If Aloha has ties to any region, it is either Kalos or Unova. Honestly, despite Zygarde possibly having a role, Aloha doesn't really need a forced connection with Poke'France so long as the lore of Zygarde itself is done well. I also mention Unova mainly because in my view, it represents the majority (culturally) of America, (Poke'wood? Hollywood? Virbank? Burbank?) with NYC serving as a template. Hawaii is different enough culturally & geographically from the mainland to warrant its own game, but I don't see any other states getting that distinction. Maybe Alaska or something.

Falconwing said:
Expect LOTS of tourists though!

Well, those people who want Sinnoh remakes can at least possibly battle Cynthia again then. ;)

Last edited:
Alola connecting with Sinnoh feels like a jump.

Sinnoh connecting with Alola would be more likely...like Johto connected to Sinnoh in HG/SS.

Somebody pointed out that E3 has some easter egg which shows Kalos present in the games:

-->
49.jpg

He says there's no place in the Alola map that matches the background shown in Magearna's battle, which is a yellow flower field, that we know is present in Kalos - the Pokemon village.

I'd say, it makes sense, and I hope it's true.

here's the theory vid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCJCfC6gmI

Somebody pointed out that E3 has some easter egg which shows Kalos present in the games:

-->
49.jpg

He says there's no place in the Alola map that matches the background shown in Magearna's battle, which is a yellow flower field, that we know is present in Kalos - the Pokemon village.

I'd say, it makes sense, and I hope it's true.

here's the theory vid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCJCfC6gmI

Chances are, it might be some random field of yellow flowers somewhere in the Alola region. :p

to be fair though, neither Shaymin's Flower Paradise nor even all of Floaroma Town's flowers appear on the map. no mythical Pokemon location really appears on any map.

Your first point is true, but there were no tall flowers in Gen IV like there were in Gen VI. It's probably more than likely that the theory in the video above is wrong, but I could at least see a synergy between Magaerna and the Pokemon Village that might support it some.
And to keep with fairness, the double battle shown in the Magaerna reveal video couldn't have taken place in a "mythical Pokemon location," given what we know about previous places where event legendaries, or legendaries in general might be found.

I think that while the map may be very detailed, it doesn't show everything. There may hidden locations that fit the yellow flower field.

Sinnoh shouldn't appear in Sun and Moon. Alola should feel like its own generation and region. I don't want to explore Sinnoh if it could possibly appear in future remakes.

I also expect Sinnoh to appear in remakes on the next handheld in 2020. I am calling it that Gen 7 will be only Sun and Moon due it being a celebration of the 20th anniversary which warrants only these games.

2017 will be a gap year and will possibly see the next handheld being released. 2018 will be Gen 8. People may call me crazy, but that's what I think.

Event-exclusive or not, we know that there is at least one hidden island in Alola.

At that point it was assumed Handheld NX sould be a 2016 product, not 2017.
My point is that you thought they would release NX games a year after launch and now you think 3 years will be perfectly acceptable. That's pretty weird after all your posts about how hugely detrimental a long gap would be to Nintendo.

A theoretical launch at Decembef 2017 with Gen 8 in 2020 is roughly the equivalent of BW launchinv in 2009 instead of 2010. Not impossible at all.
Except Sun and Moon being released nearly 6 years into the 3DS' lifetime is comparable to what actually happened with BW. Impossible or not, why expect this generation to be longer than its two predecessors?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom