• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] Ash's future in Alola

That had really nothing to do with what I said though. Plus, it's kind of strange to complain about Ash losing when you have to defeat Red in order to defeat the second generation games and to get through the rounds in the World Championships in B2/W2. He's strong, but it's really the fanbase that presents him as this cool, tough unbeatable trainer more than anything else. Red has to lose in order for you, the player, to advance through in the games, so if you want to fight a trainer who is unbeatable, you're out of luck there. I'm also still confused about your issues with Ash losing.
Because after 6 generations, it would have been time for Ash to win for a change. Instead, it was the same old status quo again.

Because after 6 generations, it would have been time for Ash to win for a change. Instead, it was the same old status quo again.
Before the finals, you were complaining ash is OP and he should not win the league but now you are saying something else and in some other topic, I just saw your reply: "Ash is an average trainer"
I don't know if you are drunk today or what :cautious:

Considering how you were pretty adamant that Ash was going to lose again before the Kalos League even started, were happy or at least content with Ash losing and were defending Alain when people were upset over his victory over Ash, I'm not sure where this sudden shift into complaining about the same old status quo came from.

Nothing has outright shown he is, but the fact that he appeared in the concept art alongside Mallow is suspicious. Its not clear if that was game or anime concept art. If its anime concept art, it more so says that Mallow will join him. If it was for the games, maybe there's a chance that after 20 years, Ash could appear as a bonus or an easter egg.

Before the finals, you were complaining ash is OP and he should not win the league but now you are saying something else and in some other topic, I just saw your reply: "Ash is an average trainer"
I don't know if you are drunk today or what :cautious:
I was complaining Ash using Greninja too much. I want Ash to win the league without abusing the use of Greninja.

Considering how you were pretty adamant that Ash was going to lose again before the Kalos League even started, were happy or at least content with Ash losing and were defending Alain when people were upset over his victory over Ash, I'm not sure where this sudden shift into complaining about the same old status quo came from.
I wanted Ash to win but with the constant use of Greninja and the overhyped that it was getting, I didn't want him to win with an OP Ash-Greninja,

I was complaining Ash using Greninja too much. I want Ash to win the league without abusing the use of Greninja.

I wanted Ash to win but with the constant use of Greninja and the overhyped that it was getting, I didn't want him to win with an OP Ash-Greninja,

And you're left with a catch-22. Either the "overused" Greninja or the "overused" Charizard. You're going to lose either way. Besides, Pikachu was overused more.

You think this story is over? You think GameFreak would promote a new and powerful Greninja and not let it beat an old-fashioned Mega Charizard X? That's goes against marketing promotion. In fact, if it was really status quo, it should be Alain who has a never before seen Ash-Greninja and Ash having the classical Mega Charizard X in the finals.

Nothing has outright shown he is, but the fact that he appeared in the concept art alongside Mallow is suspicious. Its not clear if that was game or anime concept art. If its anime concept art, it more so says that Mallow will join him. If it was for the games, maybe there's a chance that after 20 years, Ash could appear as a bonus or an easter egg.

If you look at my post on the first page, you will find my case on this subject. My conclusion was that since the leaked concept arts matches closely with the games than any known anime concept art, it was likely from the games themselves. Meaning that Mallow isn't really confirmed as Ash's companion, but it does point to Ash being in the games in some form.

But that was to explain the differences between remakes and the originals. If we were to replay Kanto in the Mega universe, I'm pretty sure Red would still be there.
I'm sure that has not been hinted anywhere, if I'm not wrong...

That had really nothing to do with what I said though. Plus, it's kind of strange to complain about Ash losing when you have to defeat Red in order to defeat the second generation games and to get through the rounds in the World Championships in B2/W2. He's strong, but it's really the fanbase that presents him as this cool, tough unbeatable trainer more than anything else. Red has to lose in order for you, the player, to advance through in the games, so if you want to fight a trainer who is unbeatable, you're out of luck there. I'm also still confused about your issues with Ash losing.

I agree with you there...

I could see issues with people having problems with Ash using Greninja too much, or that it gets too much attention, but claiming that he was abusing the use of Greninja is a bit much.

Arceus the Dragon said:

I don't think I'd label Ash-Greninja as overpowered when the only time they went too far with showcasing its power was against Diantha. But if that was really your problem with the idea of Ash winning, then Alain winning shouldn't have made you happy either. Mega Charizard X is not only far more overpowered than Ash-Greninja is, but it has gotten even more attention by comparison as well. It's practically the poster child for Mega Evolution in general, was heavily featured in the specials and has been getting a ton of huge victories since appearing in XY proper. Both are them are overexposed Pokemon at least, so if that was a problem with Ash-Greninja for you, Mega Charizard X winning after all of its attention, its hype and being ridiculously strong shouldn't have been a better option.

Any hope for Ash's dad?
I doubt we'd get something on him after 20 years of absolutely nothing. He was mentioned just once in the very beginning of the anime but after that... It's a story that was either never meant to happen or the idea was abandoned entirely. It'd kind of feel out of place to suddenly have papa Ash pop up.

I could see issues with people having problems with Ash using Greninja too much, or that it gets too much attention, but claiming that he was abusing the use of Greninja is a bit much.

I don't think I'd label Ash-Greninja as overpowered when the only time they went too far with showcasing its power was against Diantha. But if that was really your problem with the idea of Ash winning, then Alain winning shouldn't have made you happy either. Mega Charizard X is not only far more overpowered than Ash-Greninja is, but it has gotten even more attention by comparison as well. It's practically the poster child for Mega Evolution in general, was heavily featured in the specials and has been getting a ton of huge victories since appearing in XY proper. Both are them are overexposed Pokemon at least, so if that was a problem with Ash-Greninja for you, Mega Charizard X winning after all of its attention, its hype and being ridiculously strong shouldn't have been a better option.
Mega Charizard was meant to be overpowering. Ash-Greninja had been winning since perfecting the form. At least it lost to Charizard again so we know that it is not invincible. What happen Diantha was impossible and shouldn't have happened.

Well if people are worried about Ash using Greninja too much, Ash has been leaving all his Pokémon but Pikachu with Professor Oak, so Greninja will probably be at Oak's lab when Ash explores Alola. Status quo has Pikachu as Ash's main Pokémon.

Mega Charizard was meant to be overpowering. Ash-Greninja had been winning since perfecting the form. At least it lost to Charizard again so we know that it is not invincible. What happen Diantha was impossible and shouldn't have happened.

While I agree that they shouldn't have made Ash-Greninja nearly defeat the Champion, I still find it ridiculous that you are complaining about it winning since perfecting its form. Mega Charizard X meant to be overpowering isn't a good excuse, shows more of your Alain bias and continues to provide mix-messages to your claim. Plus, winning three battles in a row isn't anything compared to Mega Charizard X's accomplishments, even with claiming that it was meant to be overpowered, so even when you try to change your argument, they still have holes the size of mountains.

This is barely on topic anyway, so we should just stop. I have no interest in talking to you anymore since I don't need to feel annoyed and frustrated every time I check the site, so please don't bother to continue the conversation past this point.

On a better topic that probably won't go around in circles, does anyone think Ash is likely to use Z moves? Gigavolt Havoc would be nice to use with Pikachu, but then again, if Ash didn't get a traditional Mega Evolution in the XY series, there's no telling if the writers will let his Pokemon have a traditional Z-Move.

On a better topic that probably won't go around in circles, does anyone think Ash is likely to use Z moves? Gigavolt Havoc would be nice to use with Pikachu, but then again, if Ash didn't get a traditional Mega Evolution in the XY series, there's no telling if the writers will let his Pokemon have a traditional Z-Move.

I think it's pretty likely for Ash to get a Z Move. It would be some power up that he could do with Pikachu since they couldn't give Pikachu a Mega Evolution and it would give Pikachu a new move without taking away one of its other ones, even though I still wish that they didn't replace Volt Tackle in BW. It may not be a traditional Z-Move and it does depend on what role Z Crystals/Z Moves have in the games, but I think that there's a solid chance that Ash will get to use Z Moves in the new series.

I think it's pretty likely for Ash to get a Z Move. It would be some power up that he could do with Pikachu since they couldn't give Pikachu a Mega Evolution and it would give Pikachu a new move without taking away one of its other ones, even though I still wish that they didn't replace Volt Tackle in BW. It may not be a traditional Z-Move and it does depend on what role Z Crystals/Z Moves have in the games, but I think that there's a solid chance that Ash will get to use Z Moves in the new series.
It has been a while since Pikachu got to use a new move and a one use powerful move would be a good way to go for Pikachu. I have no idea how the crystals will work in this series though. We barely even know how you get them, but we'll find out in just 2 more months.

Sorry but I am not Alain bias. No one here knows me better than I know myself. As for Ash using Z move, it be much better than him using an Alola form since he should catch only gen 7 pokemon.

It has been a while since Pikachu got to use a new move and a one use powerful move would be a good way to go for Pikachu. I have no idea how the crystals will work in this series though. We barely even know how you get them, but we'll find out in just 2 more months.

I imagine that it would be similar to how Mega Evolution work in that the Pokemon would be holding a Z Crystal that they can use once per battle. It would be a perfect power up for Pikachu and since it's a one use per battle from the sound of it, it might be less of a huge power up compared to Mega Evolution. It's hard to say for sure either way, but I think that there's at least a pretty good chance that he'll get to use some Z-Moves. I also really hope that Ash will capture an Alola form now. Getting a new form for an older Pokemon would be right up his alley and I think it would be interesting to see which one he could get.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom