• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] Ash's future in Alola

He's definitely getting an Electric Z-stone for Pikachu. He didn't get a Mega most likely because they didn't want to use up a spot on his team with an old Pokemon, Mega evolution or not. Granted, that'd have been better than 3 Flying types and 2 Dragons type but that's neither here nor there. But this is something his most trusted friend can use so I don't see a reason to not do it. Heck, it's something everyone on his team could potentially have but that'd be overkill.

I imagine that it would be similar to how Mega Evolution work in that the Pokemon would be holding a Z Crystal that they can use once per battle. It would be a perfect power up for Pikachu and since it's a one use per battle from the sound of it, it might be less of a huge power up compared to Mega Evolution. It's hard to say for sure either way, but I think that there's at least a pretty good chance that he'll get to use some Z-Moves. I also really hope that Ash will capture an Alola form now. Getting a new form for an older Pokemon would be right up his alley and I think it would be interesting to see which one he could get.
So does this mean each Pokemon would need a special item to hold the crystal, like how Sawyer has the Sceptilite on a green neckerchief? Either what, it will be nice to see these moves in action and being used by Ash and his Pokemon.

I almost don't want him to capture a Pokemon with an Alolan form, because I would like to see him have more newer Pokemon like Rockruff, Lurantis, or Salandit. At the same time though, some of these Alolan Pokemon do look very cool and it could be Ash's chance to gain a Pokemon people really liked, with that Alolan twist.

Assuming Ash does get a Z crystal in the series. Of course Ash doesn't need to rely on an item to win battles since he clearly can land top 2 without Life Orb attached to Greninja or Pikachu.

He's definitely getting an Electric Z-stone for Pikachu. He didn't get a Mega most likely because they didn't want to use up a spot on his team with an old Pokemon, Mega evolution or not. Granted, that'd have been better than 3 Flying types and 2 Dragons type but that's neither here nor there. But this is something his most trusted friend can use so I don't see a reason to not do it. Heck, it's something everyone on his team could potentially have but that'd be overkill.

Yeah, I think that was a big factor as to why he didn't get a proper Mega Pokemon. A part of me almost kind of wish that they did just give him one of his older Pokemon instead given how much of a mess his team was, but I can see why they didn't go that route given that they normally don't give Ash his older Pokemon back during a new journey like that. It would have been kind of nice to explain why they brought Charizard back in BW aside from having a nostalgia heavy episode for its return.

It might be possible for his Pokemon to all have Z Moves at the same time. I think that the only restriction they've had for Z-Moves thus far is that Mega Pokemon can't hold a Z-Crystal and Mega Evolve at the same time, but we also don't know everything about Z-Moves yet either. Even if that was possible, I agree it would be overkill. It could look pretty awesome, but it might be a bit much.

So does this mean each Pokemon would need a special item to hold the crystal, like how Sawyer has the Sceptilite on a green neckerchief? Either what, it will be nice to see these moves in action and being used by Ash and his Pokemon.

I almost don't want him to capture a Pokemon with an Alolan form, because I would like to see him have more newer Pokemon like Rockruff, Lurantis, or Salandit. At the same time though, some of these Alolan Pokemon do look very cool and it could be Ash's chance to gain a Pokemon people really liked, with that Alolan twist.

I was thinking more like a little necklace or charm myself, but most likely something since they wouldn't have Pikachu just holding it in its paws. I'm not sure if I could see Lurantis or Salandit on Ash's team, although Salandit would be awesome when it's one of my favorite Alola Pokemon. Rockruff seems like a pretty strong possibility given its connection with the starters and Ash is going to get at least one of them. He can get the new Alola Pokemon and an Alola form. I think one Alola form would be fine and two would be the most I could see Ash getting, but I would like to see it happen.

Yeah, I think that was a big factor as to why he didn't get a proper Mega Pokemon. A part of me almost kind of wish that they did just give him one of his older Pokemon instead given how much of a mess his team was, but I can see why they didn't go that route given that they normally don't give Ash his older Pokemon back during a new journey like that. It would have been kind of nice to explain why they brought Charizard back in BW aside from having a nostalgia heavy episode for its return.

It might be possible for his Pokemon to all have Z Moves at the same time. I think that the only restriction they've had for Z-Moves thus far is that Mega Pokemon can't hold a Z-Crystal and Mega Evolve at the same time, but we also don't know everything about Z-Moves yet either. Even if that was possible, I agree it would be overkill. It could look pretty awesome, but it might be a bit much.
Ash-Greninja pretty much filled his spot for Mega Evolution, it's close enough. If XYZ had decided to have Ash use older Pokemon for the League like in Sinnoh, Prof. Oak (or maybe Sycamore) could've supplied Ash with Key and Mega Stones. From his roster, I believe he has Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross, and Glaile that can Megavolve. Charizard X vs Charizard Y would have been the obvious choice. Sceptile would've overlaped with Sawyer and Glalie just doesn't stand out that much because it was a late capture. So Heracross would've been the 2nd best choice. Man, I miss Heracross messing around with Bulbasaur. I think I'm gonna go rewatch Pokemon from the start.

From what little we know about Z-moves, they can be used once per battle but that's most likely due to gameplay reasons. The anime may or may not decide to make them unlimited use. Or they could say the Z-stones need recharging after a single use, I dunno. We also know that if you have a Pokemon holding an Electric Z-stone, your Z-bracelet needs to also have an Electric Z-stone in it. Different from Key Stone which work with every kind of Mega Stone. So at the very least, if more than 1 of Ash's Pokemon have a Z-stone, he'd have to switch out the one on his bracelet every so often. It's not much trouble to go through so who knows.

Any chances that Pikachu might manage to handle Alolan Raichu's signature z-move, Stoked Sparksurfer or something (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure)?

I just counted it in as a possibility, since they like to show Pikachu as 'better and more able' than any Raichu (I'll leave the anime if Pikachu manages to learn hyper beam), though I hate the opinion.

I could see an whole arc with Pikachu struggling with his ego to learn the Z-move while holding Raichium-Z.

Any chances that Pikachu might manage to handle Alolan Raichu's signature z-move, Stoked Sparksurfer or something (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure)?

I just counted it in as a possibility, since they like to show Pikachu as 'better and more able' than any Raichu (I'll leave the anime if Pikachu manages to learn hyper beam), though I hate the opinion.

I could see an whole arc with Pikachu struggling with his ego to learn the Z-move while holding Raichium-Z.
That would rub me the wrong way. Raichu's finally getting some much needed time in the limelight after playing second fiddle to Pikachu for twenty years, the last thing I'd want is for him to somehow pull off Alolan Raichu's Z Move.

I know they had illegal moves show up, especially in the older days, but I don't see Pikachu getting Raichu's Z Move.

An episode about Pikachu learning it's Z Move to overcome Raichu's, on the other hand...

Edit: Let's be honest, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Pikachu get's it's own Z Move at some point that it can't use after evolving.

Personally, if there was ever going to be another Raichu vs Pikachu showdown, it would be a surfing contest.

Btw, I wonder if Ash was tasked to build the League in Alola as a testimony to his strength, skill, and valor in Kalos.

I just hope Z-Moves get more focus than Mega did, which they definitely should since all Pokemon can use them. I think it'll be really interesting to see them in important battles (mainly against Kahunas) since they can only be used once, meaning Ash will have to choose which Pokemon will be the one to use it and when.

I also really want to see the characters doing the Z-Move poses:p

Mega Pokemon got a lot of attention and focus in XY though. They had Mega Evolution specials, quite a few rivals ended up with their own Mega Pokemon and Ash-Greninja basically serves as Ash's Mega Pokemon during the tail end of the series. They certainly didn't ignore Mega Evolution or not make a big deal about it, especially when you compare it to the complete lack of fanfare and attention Fairy types had.

While I wouldn't be too surprised if the specific Z-Crystals are only for evolved Pokemon given what the Muchlax giveaway is about, I also wouldn't be shocked if Pikachu got its own Z-Crystal just because it's the franchise mascot. It might be easier to them to bend the rules for Pikachu to get its own power-up move rather than its own Mega Evolution.

I'm not too sure what they're doing. The Z moves seem to be too powerful to be something that the anime regularly does. I could be proven wrong on that, XY&Z have already broken the last barrier on how far Ash's ability can go. The only remaining limitation I see is how far the writing can go for the regular series. The Mega Evolution specials were given more detail because they didn't have to make them all the time. Then again, that same quality was put into Team Flare's business ever since XY&Z began. I probably shouldn't underestimate them, but this IS the regular anime we're talking about. Their main focus has always been the gyms, which translates to the trials now. Kalos has been full of all sorts of mini arcs and character focuses, though, and the game itself has enough content to fill that by itself, much less anything else they make up. Ash will definitely be doing the island trials or some variant thereof.

The move is exclusive to A.Raichu so Pikachu wouldn't be able to learn it.
At best he'll just learn and have Giga Volt Havoc as a Finisher Move

he is second for the tittle of the Pokemon Champion of Alola or wins it and will need to show that he is worthy of it in the next region.

Not that I believe it, but it'd be nice to make Satoshi the first Alola champion like the protagonist in the games. He went as far as to the finals in Kalos, and unless OLM pulls a BW scenario again, we might be sure he's getting at least a Top 2 another time. I'm not waiting for a Champion's League since it's been mentioned the last time years ago, but perhaps some trophy could be nice.

As for the Pokemon he'll eventually get, I wouldn't mind a Sand\Sandpan's Alola form (which is my favorite together with Rokon\Kyuukon, however Lilie has it already)

Just a small reminder that the game protagonist always becomes the regional champion...

Not that I believe it, but it'd be nice to make Satoshi the first Alola champion like the protagonist in the games. He went as far as to the finals in Kalos, and unless OLM pulls a BW scenario again, we might be sure he's getting at least a Top 2 another time. I'm not waiting for a Champion's League since it's been mentioned the last time years ago, but perhaps some trophy could be nice.

As for the Pokemon he'll eventually get, I wouldn't mind a Sand\Sandpan's Alola form (which is my favorite together with Rokon\Kyuukon, however Lilie has it already)

If him losing means they will have to pull a BW, they will do it.
TPC won't accept anything else it seems.

He will probably end up as Top 8 or even worse, that's if there's a League.
This series seems to be mostly a comedy or something like that.

Well as I said in the Why females didn't win pokemon league thread, it looks like that from the games of SM then the SM will not take more than 80 episodes, to 100 episodes, and so for this reason then I have feeling that that's it, this season is the final, even if I want that they do my pokemon season story

Which I mean that this season is the end of ash story, and he will be the pokemon league champion, but maybe will be pokemon master

Well as I said in the Why females didn't win pokemon league thread, it looks like that from the games of SM then the SM will not take more than 80 episodes, to 100 episodes, and so for this reason then I have feeling that that's it, this season is the final, even if I want that they do my pokemon season story

Which I mean that this season is the end of ash story, and he will be the pokemon league champion, but maybe will be pokemon master

He won't be a Master. He isn't doing anything serious this series.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom