• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] Ash's future in Alola

Keshav

Reaction score
By now, everyone must have seen the concept art featuring Ash and Mallow. Most likely it is NOT a concept art for the anime but the games. This possibly proves that Ash will be present in the games so to feature Ash Greninja as that forme would be meaningless without Ash. So, what is Ash's role in the games? Well, there can be a number of reasons but the reason that many would like to see is:-
Ash's dad is the Alola equivalent of champion. Ash will hate him because he left his wife alone with her child. Ash will most likely be our rival and he will beat his dad before the player does and the player will finally defeat him to become the champion.
I still wonder how they will handle him in the anime if he really is present in the games.

Ash is not going to be in the games. Red is the game counterpart while Ash is the anime counterpart. Ash-Greninja probably gets renamed or not be in the games at all.

No one can say for sure. As long as the games don't reveal Ash-Greninja, we are in the dark in regards to Ash (be it in the games... or the anime). Suffice to say, knowing how powerful Ash-Greninja is, I think it would be available late in-the-games. Perhaps a reward if you battle Ash himself. Of course, what would be the role of Ash then? I've always believed that XY Ash is Satoshi at his best and most mature. Perhaps he'll be Red of the games.

Now this would be make the Sun and Moon anime a bit complicated if Ash was indeed in the games, but it's not impossible. Either it'll be an Iris situation... or we have a new protagonist instead.

Of course, this is all speculations at this point.

No one can say for sure. As long as the games don't reveal Ash-Greninja, we are in the dark in regards to Ash (be it in the games... or the anime). Suffice to say, knowing how powerful Ash-Greninja is, I think it would be available late in-the-games. Perhaps a reward if you battle Ash himself. Of course, what would be the role of Ash then? I've always believed that XY Ash is Satoshi at his best and most mature. Perhaps he'll be Red of the games.

Now this would be make the Sun and Moon anime a bit complicated if Ash was indeed in the games, but it's not impossible. Either it'll be an Iris situation... or we have a new protagonist instead.

Of course, this is all speculations at this point.
You cannot have both Ash and Red in the game universe. That is not how pokemon games work. Red was design to be the counterpart of Ash for the games.

You cannot have both Ash and Red in the game universe. That is not how pokemon games work. Red was design to be the counterpart of Ash for the games.
They never officially stated that red is Ash's game counterpart, it is just assumed that he is but I don't think that. Red catches all 150 pokemon and becomes the champion as seen in Pokemon Origins . If he really was Ash's counterpart, they could have featured Ash as the protagonist in Pokemon Origins but no, they didn't.
Ash can still be in the games.

Considering there are two Tabitha characters (who look nothing alike with each other) and there is the presence of multiverse in the Pokémon world, I could easily see one version of Red be called Ash (or Satoshi to be precise) in the Sun and Moon games.

Agree to disagree. I think the two are one and the same. I also believe they won't exist in the game universe together even if there is multiverse.

Alain was mentioned in the Delta Episode - meaning that anime references can be made should there be a good enough situation present. I don't see why Ash CAN'T be in the games - or at least mentioned. It could be a simple one-time event where Ash gives us AshGreninja.

Alain was mentioned in the Delta Episode - meaning that anime references can be made should there be a good enough situation present. I don't see why Ash CAN'T be in the games - or at least mentioned. It could be a simple one-time event where Ash gives us AshGreninja.
We have Red which is the game counterpart of him. Just bring him back and rename Ash-Greninja as Red-Greninja. Red basically had the same Kanto team as Ash aside from fully evolved Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Ash is not going to be in the games. Red is the game counterpart while Ash is the anime counterpart. Ash-Greninja probably gets renamed or not be in the games at all.

"Red" and Satoshi aren't each other counterparts. Satoshi is the main character in the anime, Red is a player avatar... Even in the Origins anime Red is pretty much an avatar of the person seeing their own journey done in the original game in anime form for nostalgia sake.

"Red" and Satoshi aren't each other counterparts. Satoshi is the main character in the anime, Red is a player avatar... Even in the Origins anime Red is pretty much an avatar of the person seeing their own journey done in the original game in anime form for nostalgia sake.
Blue and Gary are counterparts. So that means Red and Ash are counterparts. They have similar Kanto teams as each other. Ash really doesn't need to be in the games.

Blue and Gary are counterparts. So that means Red and Ash are counterparts. They have similar Kanto teams as each other. Ash really doesn't need to be in the games.

No one can deny they are counterparts... but I have yet to see a reason why Ash shouldn't be in the games. Pikachu's cry was completely changed, going from an electric 8-bit cry to the familiar "Pika Pika!" of the anime. The anime has an influence over the games. And Ash-Greninja is something that has to be in the games one way or another.

No one can deny they are counterparts... but I have yet to see a reason why Ash shouldn't be in the games. Pikachu's cry was completely changed, going from an electric 8-bit cry to the familiar "Pika Pika!" of the anime. The anime has an influence over the games. And Ash-Greninja is something that has to be in the games one way or another.
Ash doesn't belong in the games. He belongs to the anime. Red is the Ash of the games so he should return.

I was under the impression that the concept artwork was for the anime, not the games. I don't think that they'll have Ash in the games, but I'm not against the concept either. Steven's line in the Delta Episode made me think it was just a small wink and nod to the anime more than anything else. If Ash is somehow in the games, I'd be fine with that. We'll probably get Ash-Greninja somehow in Sun/Moon. If they have the Zygarde forms available there, then they could possibly due to the same with Ash-Greninja. I don't know if that means Ash will show up in the games to give us Ash-Greninja, but I wouldn't mind it. I'm not against it at least.

Don't wanna sound nitpicky, but the games came first. So it's Ash who's based on Red. Then Ash got his own game, Pokemon Yellow, 'cause of popularity. And he can stay there for all I care. Don't have any particular need to see Ash in the main games.

I wouldn't mind seeing a character mention a trainer with a Pikachu that refuses to evolve or something along those lines. After all, the anime is an important part of the franchise, there's no denying that.

But if he DID appear, it would be Ash in name only. Unless prof. Oak actually has two grandsons - Blue and Gary, who started rivalries with Red and Ash respectively.

I was under the impression that the concept artwork was for the anime, not the games. I don't think that they'll have Ash in the games, but I'm not against the concept either. Steven's line in the Delta Episode made me think it was just a small wink and nod to the anime more than anything else. If Ash is somehow in the games, I'd be fine with that. We'll probably get Ash-Greninja somehow in Sun/Moon. If they have the Zygarde forms available there, then they could possibly due to the same with Ash-Greninja. I don't know if that means Ash will show up in the games to give us Ash-Greninja, but I wouldn't mind it. I'm not against it at least.

I've made a case regarding to the concept artworks of the Alola starters, and my conclusion was that they were indeed from the games, as it resembles nothing like the anime concept arts that I know of. Meanwhile, when compare to confirmed concept artworks of X and Y games, it's a perfect match down to the outlines, color and confidential label.

image.jpeg

Don't wanna sound nitpicky, but the games came first. So it's Ash who's based on Red. Then Ash got his own game, Pokemon Yellow, 'cause of popularity. And he can stay there for all I care. Don't have any particular need to see Ash in the main games.

I wouldn't mind seeing a character mention a trainer with a Pikachu that refuses to evolve or something along those lines. After all, the anime is an important part of the franchise, there's no denying that.

But if he DID appear, it would be Ash in name only. Unless prof. Oak actually has two grandsons - Blue and Gary, who started rivalries with Red and Ash respectively.
The chances of Ash appearing in the game is less than 1%. Red is the original and therefore it should be him that appears in the games. Not Ash. Red is more competent than Ash as a trainer so it makes it more logical to have Red in Sun and Moon.

1- new girl with new beginning pokemon as always, or maybe two or three of them
2- He will go alola with ash and will not catch anyone another electric pokemon because this pikachu doesn't know anything of getting favor or anything like this in the time of match or gym battle
3- As usual, he will catch the normal flying pokemon.
4- Will not catch any ghost type, or any psychic type

I personally don't want mallow in the anime because she looks like the next coming of Iris.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom