• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theory on Ash and Alder

toodlesdoodles

Professor Lavender
Reaction score
Does anyone think Alder is Ash's dad? I've had this theory since before the anime series began. From what I have heard, this is the last series/season of Pokemon, and Ash's dad had left when he was little to be a Pokemon trainer. We've never seen Ash's dad before, so it'd make sense that eventually Ash would battle his father, who would perhaps be a really good trainer (if not a champion or master). Alder also calls Ash "Ashton." Perhaps he calls him Ashton not necessarily because he's absent-minded, but perhaps that's really Ash's name. If my theory about Ash's dad is correct, Alder must be Ash's dad.

I doubt it. Alder was created long after Ash was. It would be something they would pull out of nowhere, plus Alder is from Unova while Ash is from Kanto. Also why wouldn't Ash remember his dad, or at least know what he looks like. Brocks siblings knew their father even though they were little. The not absent-minded thing would only really work if he didn't mess up Trip's name as well.

I doubt it. Alder was created long after Ash was. It would be something they would pull out of nowhere,

This is nothing new since Pokemon Special has done this with Green/Blue (appeared in the RGB arc) and Silver (appeared in the GSC arc) being longtime friends. It's a retcon where at least they try to make sense of it.

Plus, Alder is a ladies man...

I doubt it. Alder was created long after Ash was. It would be something they would pull out of nowhere,

This is nothing new since Pokemon Special has done this with Green/Blue (appeared in the RGB arc) and Silver (appeared in the GSC arc) being longtime friends. It's a retcon where at least they try to make sense of it.

Plus, Alder is a ladies man...

Pokemon Adventures and the anime don't work together, they're two different creators, and even in the RBG Chapter, they showed that Green was afraid of birds, and that the legendary birds weren't the cause. They fit it into the story before the first Chapter ended, also they had the Yellow chapter in between. Ash's father was only mentioned once in the Japanese version, I don't see why they would bring him up now when he had no important effect on the show. Also Alder is a ladies man that constantly fails at getting them.

Pokemon Adventures and the anime don't work together, they're two different creators, and even in the RBG Chapter, they showed that Green was afraid of birds, and that the legendary birds weren't the cause. They fit it into the story before the first Chapter ended, also they had the Yellow chapter in between. Ash's father was only mentioned once in the Japanese version, I don't see why they would bring him up now when he had no important effect on the show. Also Alder is a ladies man that constantly fails at getting them.

1. They may not've been by the same guy but the writers of the Anime could take the idea from Hidenori Kusaka easily.

2. I recall Ash's father being mentioned in the English dub once as well. In Episode 2.

B2W2 spoiler:

Banjirou(Alder's grandson) is Ash's son or uncle then if this is true :p

Alder only called Ash that because he doesn't care who he is. He has no reason TO care who he is. Also, this whole "end" business is merely a rumor. There is no reason to believe that anything is going to end. Ash is no closer to facing Alder than Trip is, and I don't think either of them are worthy of it.

I highly doubt this. First of all, Alder calls Ash Santaro instead of Satoshi in the original version. Second, Ash has no reason not to know his father, unless he left as soon as he was born, but I don't think so.

Also, where did you get that info that it's about to end? I don't think it will end unless they're not planning to make a new generation. I also think that they'll end the anime with Ash finally becoming a Pokémon master or at least being close to becoming one. Of course, this isn't confirmed either, unless you take that interview with Masamitsu Hidaka completely seriously, but it's rather old.

people were saying sinnoh was the last generation/series too if anything theres more evidence then ever of it not being. they just started baising regions off of non japan places why would they quit now? as to the acual topic it would be kind of awesome if he was ash's dad but i very much doubt it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom