• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theory on the B/W backstory and others

I also hear she was supposed to originally be a man, so that whole 'learning from the father' may have also applied to the male-version Juniper, but they decided to change her to a female, but not take that part out leading it to be more of a case of unfortunate implications rather than blatant sexism if that were the case.
Well then, it's a good thing no one ever said "blatant sexism", isn't it?

Uh...

I agree fully with Outrage, especially on the Restort Area thing.

Kyurem, crashed nowhere near Castelia to begin with, so thats a mute point.

My theory is still different though, but it has nothing to do with 9/11. Basically, I believe that its possible the Restort Desert was NOT a desert in the distant past. It may very well have been lush and tropical for example. What happened was that the sons of the twin heroes fought, and it was said that they destroyed Unova in an instant.

Perhaps this is the reason for the desert, as I can easily see those two dragons being capable of that. Its just a theory though.

Also, Castelia City being connected to Nimbasa or whatever like NYC is ridiculous. People are forgetting that these dragons fought in the past, in which case cities such as Castelia/Nimbasa would not even exist yet.

Also, Castelia City being connected to Nimbasa or whatever like NYC is ridiculous. People are forgetting that these dragons fought in the past, in which case cities such as Castelia/Nimbasa would not even exist yet.

Who's to say that Castelia or Nimbasa City wasn't around then? It is based on New York so maybe Castelia was the first city.

Who's to say that Castelia or Nimbasa City wasn't around then? It is based on New York so maybe Castelia was the first city.

Thats like saying that New York existed over 500 years ago Lol

If there was a city back then where Castelia is now then I can promise you that it was nothing like the present day city and the same goes for Nimbasa. Castelia being the first City is not likely, becuase the civilization that held the Relic Castle was said to be the heart of Unova in the past.

Just like America, Unova would most likely have been far different in the ancient past.

That would be nice if Cracked got its facts straight, considering the area the giant meteor fell is far from the desert that is Route 4, and isn't even devastated but incredibly forested and flourishing with life.

Or if they got Kyurem's size right, which is 9'10". Even convert its metric size, it comes out the same.

So yeah, its just a desert.

A desert that people don't seem to fact-check on.

Yeah I hate when people bring up the 9/11 thing for the dessert. All of the evidence for it is false.

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that maybe some other city existed before the desert and that maybe it was as big as Manhatten. But the warring brothers along with Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed a lot of the city. The people who survived when the war was over rebuilt the city into two separate ones: Castelia City and Nimbasa City while the ones who died became Yamasks.

um... NYC was founded as a Western city in 1624, but there was a Native American settlement there previously. So, yep, probably older than 500 years.

um... NYC was founded as a Western city in 1624, but there was a Native American settlement there previously. So, yep, probably older than 500 years.

Bingo. I did say that if there was a city/settlement then it would have been far different than Castelia. Which means it would have been nothing like New York City.

A Native American settlement does not = New York.

Bingo. I did say that if there was a city/settlement then it would have been far different than Castelia. Which means it would have been nothing like New York City.

A Native American settlement does not = New York.

Okay, so it wasn't Castelia City. Maybe it was partially rebuilt after the war and called Castelia City.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom