• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Yeah, Chansey and Blissey have Natural Cure.

But, yeah, that thing would make having a Lum Berry 'mon pretty much mandatory.

From memory, Jellicent cares DEEPLY about status, as Toxic will ruin it pretty much completely.
I said Gligar but meant Gliscor...

A MUCH more improtant Ground-type threat that's nullified with Stun Spore:
Landorus.
& I've noticed that it doesn't use Flying-type moves often, if at all.

This won't happen, but what do you guys & gals think of Ecctrenic(?) Blissey?

It would automatically morph into the opponent it's facing & still have that INCREDIBLE amout of HP.

Just think of what it'd be like if it morphs into a defensive pokemon...

What if Aerodactyl had actually had some moves to abuse Rock Head with? Like, say, Brave Bird and/or Rock Head? Two high powered STAB moves, plus no recoil would be huge for it. (It gets Double-Edge from a move tutor in Emerald, but I'm really not going to count that for obvious reasons...)

@Blitzle You mean Head Smash? That'd be lethal in a Hone Claws set, what with the then-fixed accuracy; then you have a drawback-free wrecking ball of a Rock STAB. Brave Bird would also destroy things left and right.

Here's the set in my head:

142.gif

Jolly / Life Orb, Leftovers, Lum Berry, or Babiri/Passho Berry / Rock Head
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
- Hone Claws
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Blindingly fast with 394 Speed and razor-sharp with 463 Attack after one Hone Claws (601 with Life Orb) and STABs packing 225 and 180 power respectively, this thing will tear opponents apart in the blink of an eye when set up. Both STABs are resisted by Steel-types, with Earthquake does a good job covering. The list of item choices is actually pretty wide. Life Orb grants a substantial power boost, Leftovers increases longevity (especially with the Sandstorm immunity), Lum Berry foils a status attack, and Babiri/Passho Berries allow it to survive one of two nasty priority attacks: Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet, respectively.

It would automatically morph into the opponent it's facing & still have that INCREDIBLE amout of HP.

Just think of what it'd be like if it morphs into a defensive pokemon...

In my opinion I don't think it would work out too well because then Blissey is prone to status (especially Toxic) and thus an element of her usefullness as a Wall is gone. You couldn't even run Heal Bell either to cover it on the Blissey itself to make up for losing Nature Cure as it will transform.

@Blitzle You mean Head Smash? That'd be lethal in a Hone Claws set, what with the then-fixed accuracy; then you have a drawback-free wrecking ball of a Rock STAB. Brave Bird would also destroy things left and right.

Here's the set in my head:

142.gif

Jolly / Life Orb, Leftovers, Lum Berry, or Babiri/Passho Berry / Rock Head
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
- Hone Claws
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Blindingly fast with 394 Speed and razor-sharp with 463 Attack after one Hone Claws (601 with Life Orb) and STABs packing 225 and 180 power respectively, this thing will tear opponents apart in the blink of an eye when set up. Both STABs are resisted by Steel-types, with Earthquake does a good job covering. The list of item choices is actually pretty wide. Life Orb grants a substantial power boost, Leftovers increases longevity (especially with the Sandstorm immunity), Lum Berry foils a status attack, and Babiri/Passho Berries allow it to survive one of two nasty priority attacks: Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet, respectively.

Derp. Yeah, I meant Head Smash not Rock Head. :p

I think it would be pretty great all-in-all. Like you said, Aero is fast, and it would hit really hard.

Infernape with Moxie. Close Combat snowball sweep, anyone? XD

that would be rediculous. and victini needed contrary. v-create boosts your stats >:D unfreakin stoppable

It already has Swords Dance. Yeesh, ExtremeKiller Bouffalant. Easy OU. XD

Dewgong (I'll give you a few minutes to stop laughing :p) has access to Encore + Disable. While this would likely be better in DP where Encore last longer, would Shadow Tag as an ability be enough to raise it out of NU? The idea is that the opponent is forced to keep using their Disabled move, and thus Struggle to death with no escape.

Dewgong (I'll give you a few minutes to stop laughing :p) has access to Encore + Disable. While this would likely be better in DP where Encore last longer, would Shadow Tag as an ability be enough to raise it out of NU? The idea is that the opponent is forced to keep using their Disabled move, and thus Struggle to death with no escape.

Anything with Shadow tag will come out of NU, always. That said, the main problem that using encore+disable will be be dewgong's low speed and average bulk. Your opponent will have hit you atleast twice before this can be pulled off.

However, if dewgong does get shadow tag, the deadliest combination would be perish song + shadow tag.

Anything with Shadow tag will come out of NU, always. That said, the main problem that using encore+disable will be be dewgong's low speed and average bulk. Your opponent will have hit you atleast twice before this can be pulled off.

However, if dewgong does get shadow tag, the deadliest combination would be perish song + shadow tag.

I'm pretty sure the goth thing has Shadow Tag and in NU.

But yeah, it'd be a better Perish-trapper. Seel might work with Eviolite, but even if it does work and your opponent doesn't switch you'll have to take two attacks which Ice types can't take unless you predict flawlessly.

I dunno why I didn't think of Perish Song or Seel. Seel is just pure Water and so the SR weakness is gone, but Chinchou and Ferroseed would still be able to counter it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom