• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

What if Fan Rotom had the ability Filter, and Filter was buffed to halve all weather and hazard damage? Filter even kind of aesthetically fits since it's a fan :p

Also, I don't want to sound crazy, but what if Psychic-types lost their weakness to Ghost-type moves and took neutral damage? Isn't it kind of funny how much things have changed with the power of Psychic and Ghost-types since Gen I?

Fan Rotom is a forme,and iy would make no sense for one forme to have it but not the other 3.

Mega Banette is fast becoming one of my favourite Mega-evolutions, but I can't help but be a little disappointed at how discombobulated it is. Despite being support oriented, the lion's share of the stat boost got dumped into attacking stats, so the idea seemed to be to wreak havoc with your newly boosted attack and deal as much damage as possible while crippling opponents, and leave a parting gift in the form of priority Destiny Bond.

In practice though, Banette's barren offensive movepool makes getting even one KO difficult, functioning instead as a kind of worse Sableye with a trade-one-for-one panic button if all else fails.

I wonder how much better it would have been if Mega Banette had been Ghost/Dark type. Now, it wields a bone-crushingly powerful STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit to put Psychic types and fellow Ghosts into a checkmate position, making it a lot easier to relieve the opponent of at least two of their Pokemon. The threat of a strong Sucker Punch also dissuades the opponent from attacking, meaning you don't have to run Protect to survive at least one turn to activate Prankster.

I would have loved to see a Ghost/Dark-type Mega Banette; it certainly looks like it could be part Dark-type, especially with its vengeful backstory. It'd help Sucker Punch an awful lot, but it also wouldn't be too broken, considering the type combo's newfound Fairy weakness.

On a different note, how terrifying would Porygon-Z be if it had Boomburst? Imagine that coming off base 135 Sp. Attack with Adaptability. OUCH.

Garchomp w/DD:

I can say pretty much without a doubt that DD would make Garchomp pretty deadly, especially since it has a Megaevolution. Depending on what Gen we're dealing with here, that can decide whether or not chomp really is broken. As far as Gen V is concerned? Most likely, since there wouldn't be much to survive it's Dragon/Ground stab aside from Skarmory. Ultimately though, I think Chomp would prefer SD as it's main boosting move rather than DD as taking two turns to set up your attack generally would leave you pretty wide open for anything else in-between those turns, and chomp can't really risk that, especially in gen 6.

Spiritomb w/Shell smash:

Something that sounds really good on paper, but not so much in practice. Reason being is that just about almost every person knows to have a taunt or a phazer ready for status abusers such as Spiritomb. And even with a Shell Smash, I don't think it in particular is fast enough to really outspeed and kill anything, and the defense drop would be something to worry about. You would carry White Herb to remedy that issue, I suppose, but then your issue would be recovery. Spiritomb is reasonably bulky, so it can take a good few hits before it dies, but seeing as it now has a weakness to Fairy this time around, that's not going to help it much against things like Florges, Sylveon and co.

mmm...one thing I've been thinking about...

What if Scizor had Shift Gear?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom