• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Every time I think about this pokedex limiting all I can think about is just how hard they worked to get two regions into Gold/Silver. They really went all out for those games, and several other titles since, but I feel like since Gen 6 they don't go all out anymore, they just do what they need to do to make the games sell, without as much care and devotion to the games as they use to have.
To be fair, its because they thought they were ending the series with those games.

What we were hoping for is Game Freak to notice and understand our displeasure. They've noticed but they don't want to understand it.

It is exactly this that killed my interest in the game. I guess I will support mostly fan artist and fan fiction only now. I want to say they don't deserve my money but I'll prob end up buying merchandise if they are cute still haha.

but what I can see is that they've chosen to take what they're aware will be a hit to their reputation with some fans and potential buyers. If there weren't something to what they're saying, then... well, what's up with that?
The belief that it won't affect SwSh sales by much, but people will be excited (perhaps for the first time since Generation III) whenever a favorite of theirs returns in the future. No form needed.

They probably could have found a way to make GSC-RS transfers work, too. I don't believe they've ever remotely explained it in interviews.

There's still one thing I've seen no answer for- if they coded in the Pokemon for SwSh, why remove that roster from the next games in favour of the new one? Why not have the SwSh Galar Dex Pokemon compatible with the Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl games even if they’re not in the Dex? It’s not as if every Switch game will have a new art style.

Continuing this policy beyond SwSh feels even more absurd to me.
Basically from now on you can only battle with/trade just the pokemon the games have in common. This also applies to moves and items. What happened with or/as - x/y and s/m - us/um for just a couple of pokemon, now applies to entire dex.
It also means that some pokemon (gen 1 most likely) will appear in more games than others. Parugly is destined to be seen once every 5 year like if it needed anything else to be forgotten.

it's practically July now so it's about time for another news burst anyway, no?
I have the feeling they are being cautious with next announcements to avoid the backlash the last video had (80000 dislikes on 100000 total is maybe around the worst result a nintendo game has ever received). Probably they want to wait till this all rebellion will calm down a bit.

I have the feeling they are being cautious with next announcements to avoid the backlash the last video had (80000 dislikes on 100000 total is maybe around the worst result a nintendo game has ever received). Probably they want to wait till this all rebellion will calm down a bit.
Well, Ohimore was hoping that people are looking forward to the starter evolutions in the famitsu interview they did after Dexit so maybe we’re in for a news burst.

...a lack of RPG's on the Switch wasn't something I was aware of. I mean Persona' Switch's off in Narnia with Fable 4, but that's about it.
but how many of those are monster catching/raising? if i get tired of Final Fantasy, i can find another JRPG to scratch my itch. if i get tired of Battlefront, there are other FPS/action shooters out there. what happens when i get tired of Pokemon? sure there's Digimon, but the games are few and far in between, and then there's Yokai Watch which eventually does get localized to English/non-Japanese region, but other than that, there isn't much. hence, why it really isn't all that prone to having sales collapse.

Frankly at this point the only way they could be getting worse publicity is if Game Freak became the next Netherrealm/Treyarch/Telltale/Bioware/Riot/Epic/insert studio with severe crunch and staff abuse.

They have the benefit of being Japanese to hide behind, but the more focus the abuse gets the more likely either an employee leaks something bad like the above, or someone hacks them and plops out something to the world wide web that isn't abuse, but would make things worse.

Say strategy memos or internal communications.

Honestly Nintendo might be trying to see what they can get people to announce in a direct as announcements so they can try and keep things positive. They could not touch Pokemon or Town, but it would probably be a tylenol on this headache.

(At the very least they could send someone to tell Gamefreak employees to not say something Pitchfordy. With how even a fairly neutral comment was handled, do you want to see what happens if some employee says something negative like...

"Fans want too much."

"Fans are entitled"

"No one liked Stunfisk to begin with"

or something. (You could probably replace Stunfisk with a lot of Pokemon, I just used one that has a Walugi esc fanbase).

You can place CDProjekt and RDR’s team in the list, since rumours or accusation of hard crunch times were associated with them as well. The only difference is that those team’s games turned out well and weren’t afflicted by bad rep for microtransations.

On topic of Matsuda’s response, if there’ll be any chance it’ll be due to sales, and I doubt the games would be affected in similar ways as others mentioned before. Expecially Andromeda and Anthem, considering what actually happened in development for those (and I’m not referring only to crunch.)
Actually, both Digimon and Yokai Watch have become nearly yearly franchises even in the west. So if you don't mind the monsters or gameplay, they're good alternatives.

I need to see what Survive will be at release. Because while the two Cyber Sleuth games were definitely a good step up (even if the formula used of having dozens and dozens of Digimon per MC isn’t my favorite for the franchise), the games were seriously lacking in several areas.

Every time I think about this pokedex limiting all I can think about is just how hard they worked to get two regions into Gold/Silver. They really went all out for those games, and several other titles since, but I feel like since Gen 6 they don't go all out anymore, they just do what they need to do to make the games sell, without as much care and devotion to the games as they use to have.

To be fair, its because they thought they were ending the series with those games.

Which is quite clear given the connection with Kanto in terms of E4 and Team Rocket.

Though to clarify, while it was their goal, they actually weren’t able to put both regions in the cartridge, and the leak of the beta version of Gold is proof of that, which had a city to homage Kanto.

It was Iwata that worked on it and gave them the tools to reduce the aumont of data needed, and freeing half the space to add Kanto in GS. Without him I don’t think it’d have happened.

That letter by Masuda is the most corporate, nothing statement I've seen. Literally the only thing it accomplishes is making people mad again, right when people finally cooled down again. It's clear that the only thing Masuda should be doing is just developing the games, he's become a walking PR disaster since gen 6.

Like, how hard is it to understand that what we've been asking for is to have all the Pokémon in ONE game and not split between a few different ones? How can they not get this? Jesus...
It's not that they don't get it. They just won't change their stance...

NOT buying SwSh, is the only options you have, if you want to be heard by Game Freak. Or buying it second hand.

Last edited:
It's clear that the only thing Masuda should be doing is just developing the games, he's become a walking PR disaster since gen 6.
And this is his masterpiece:

I wonder whether each of the first 493 Pokémon will be in DP remakes...

If not, that would be damnatio memoriae...

They should announce another direct with substantial / exciting info soon to at least distract or lessen the blow of the unfavorable news. Other than Yamper and Impidimp, this is the last piece of info we've been having to sit with.

Reveal a widely loved returning feature like contests or something, reveal the starter middle evolutions, or some big reveal to get people excited for the games again. They just need to do something soon to counteract at least a little bit of the negativity surrounding the game for the past week and a half.
If it means anything, the recent Pokemon Masters trailer seemed to have dispersed the attention a bit.

That letter by Masuda is the most corporate, nothing statement I've seen. Literally the only thing it accomplishes is making people mad again, right when people finally cooled down again. It's clear that the only thing Masuda should be doing is just developing the games, he's become a walking PR disaster since gen 6.
I think people should stop addressing Masuda every bad decision about the games. TPCi is a billionaire company, do you really think that Masuda can just wake up one day and decide to cut off 400 pokemon or to make a statement about the future of the franchise? Every single thing he or Ohmori say about the games is the result of something that has been discussed over and over again and the final decision about it has been taken by both TPCi and Nintendo.
Leave that poor man alone, it's not just because of him if the games are what they are nowdays and what he says is just what TPCi wants him to say.

Last edited:
well i think that the announcement was made again (because nothing new was stated) to help people understand that they aren't changing their decision so we can move on and the new batch of info for swsh can come.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom