• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Well that's not necessarily true. We didn't find walking and running animations in the code in X and Y, yet they showed up in Sun and Moon which are being used now. Since they didn't show till now I'd imagine they made these new animation during SM's development, meaning new animations can be worked on
I don't get your point. They're still the same futureproof models from the 3DS era, also used for Let's Go. Maybe XY didn't have the running animations in the code, but SM sure did. And nothing about the animations has changed. Nothing.

Also, the animations were used in the overworld of S/M (if only slightly), and in Let's Go as well. Nothing indicates 'reserved for SwSh'.

We know this:
  • There's enough GB on a Switch gamecard.
  • The models are the same as in S/M, Let's Go and other titles. Which I'm fine with, by the way.
  • Rendering is better, and the models might have gotten a slight texture-rework but nothing major.

How is the dex-cut defendable, I still don't see.

I don't get your point. They're still the same futureproof models from the 3DS era, also used for Let's Go. Maybe XY didn't have the running animations in the code, but SM sure did. And nothing about the animations has changed. Nothing.
I'm saying that new animations can be implemented especially in ways we've probably yet to see. Plus until we've datamined the games themselves we don't know for sure if every model is completely the same except visually.

Also i never said that animations were reserved, I'm say they do work on new animations during development.

I'm saying that new animations can be implemented especially in ways we've probably yet to see. Plus until we've datamined the games themselves we don't know for sure if every model is completely the same except visually.
Of course they're the same; they follow every exact movement right down to the detail.

Apparently there was an issue with transferring the models over and they had to be reworked on... supposedly "from scratch" but I'm not sure that I buy that as that implies a total start-over and the models are exactly the same enough to make that claim questionable. But if an element of it had to be done over from scratch (such as some have said the rigging may have needed to be redone) I could find that believable.

Apparently there was an issue with transferring the models over and they had to be reworked on... supposedly "from scratch" but I'm not sure that I buy that as that implies a total start-over and the models are exactly the same enough to make that claim questionable. But if an element of it had to be done over from scratch (such as some have said the rigging may have needed to be redone) I could find that believable.
The source claiming as such seems to have made a translation-error or something, as it doesn't add up at all.

The source claiming as such seems to have made a translation-error or something, as it doesn't add up at all.
The Japanese has been checked multiple times by multiple people, so it can't be a translation error. I think what's missing is just a full explanation of what "from scratch" actually entails.

Yeah the transferring error part seemed to have come only from the person who said that and not in the actual interview. But it's not completely unfeasible if some thing the game made them incompatible. So for those who think that if they aren't new models cause they look the same, do take note you can use old models as a base to create new ones, even if the look identical. Think of copy pasting with a few edits added in, in which case better compatibility. Then come you rerig each model.

The Japanese has been checked multiple times by multiple people, so it can't be a translation error. I think what's missing is just a full explanation of what "from scratch" actually entails.
The word 'model' seems to have been mistranslated, as well.

Yeah the transferring error part seemed to have come only from the person who said that and not in the actual interview. But it's not completely unfeasible if some thing the game made them incompatible. So for those who think that if they aren't new models cause they look the same, do take note you can use old models as a base to create new ones, even if the look identical. Think of copy pasting with a few edits added in, in which case better compatibility. Then come you rerig each model.
Yeah, I think the "body" essentially is exactly the same, but the rigs may have broken down in transfer. I don't think that they had to remake them all totally "from scratch" like the interviewee claimed, but the bones of the models may have needed to be redone and that could have been very time-consuming.

The word 'model' seems to have been mistranslated, as well.
Where do you get that from?

Yeah, I think the "body" essentially is exactly the same, but the rigs may have broken down in transfer. I don't think that they had to remake them all totally "from scratch" like the interviewee claimed, but the bones of the models may have needed to be redone and that could have been very time-consuming.

Where do you get that from?
Some youtubers whom have translated it (some having Japanese contacts) say 'model' might not refer to the in-game models, but has more to do with the making of the title on the Switch in general.

Someone got a professional translator, Ohmori did indeed they had to recreate the models, namely because they wouldn't work with the Switch
Also, the "model = plan" BS was propagated by some guy using a machine translation

Someone got a professional translator, Ohmori did indeed they had to recreate the models, namely because they wouldn't work with the Switch
Also, the "model = plan" BS was propagated by some guy using a machine translation
Nope, 'model' isn't in plural, at all. It could also mean the Switch, as in "console-model".

Also, the professional translator thing is bias; it was translated through a website.

Models might still not refer to the Pokémon. It also still doesn't add up, as every rig is 100% the same.

Nope, 'model' isn't in plural, at all. It could also mean the Switch, as in "console-model".
Model isn't plural because Japanese doesn't really differentiate from singular or plural, so it's either "model" or "models." I don't know Japanese that well myself, so I can't really tell from the context of the statement, but that initial translation was pretty jank in general ("the hardware becoming the Nintendo Switch"), so it could've just been a typo. I think it's just GF blatantly lying again.

Model isn't plural because Japanese doesn't really differentiate from singular or plural, so it's either "model" or "models." I don't know Japanese that well myself, so I can't really tell from the context of the statement, but that initial translation was pretty jank in general ("the hardware becoming the Nintendo Switch"), so it could've just been a typo. I think it's just them blatantly lying again.
Or them trying to speak in laymen terms.

There also comes the mysterious mention from Ohmori that including every pokemon in SM was apparently challenging, yet we don't know why. And the fact that there was no Nat Dex in that game either made me wonder if they were planning on the culling before hand as well but went through the effort to put everyone's data in.

Anyway, you guys seem to be right on the translation part. I also agree that it's still odd.

I just hope they fix the graphical oddities and find a way to bring all our friends together into one game somewhere in the far future. Or do content updates.

It'd be strange if Pokémon will eventually be the only game with the full roster.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom