• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Part of the reason I got over the disappointment quickly is mostly because I'm the kind of person that needs all my pokemon in the same game to know I still have them. As long as I don't lose the game itself, I can easily just switch back games to see em. Not only that, this game will at the very least have 400 pokemon in there's, that's still plenty of options to have and so far many favorites and strong pokemon seemed to have made it in. So it's my personal reason I'm not all that upset and still hyped for games.

This does make the whole "from scratch" thing questionable and seem misworded-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr0B9HVrCLg

But I think it's perfectly imaginable that the wireframes survived the transfer but the rigging that moves them might have fallen apart and needed to be redone. Because yeah, I can't see them reframing pokemon exactly the same way, but I can imagine that trying to make them move exactly the same way might still be time-consuming to have to fix.

I'd rather that this didn't result in them coming up with this "well we just won't include all pokemon in every game now" policy instead of just taking extra time to fix the models when they jump onto a new console. Because Gen 9 should still be on the Switch- would they have to redo them all again then? Probably not?

Why was one more thread created for this? Users already have 2-3 threads for this discussion...
No clue.

Anyway, a sidenote: I still find the discussions here to be quite civil, across the whole board. So, that. A thing I don't like is the 'virtue-spreading', people are allowed to express their opinions. It's not nitpicking.

Sorry, but even if the article has been correctly translated how would you excuse something like this: "We tried to copy 6 years old 3DS models but we failed and we had to recreate them all identical, cutting hundreds of them off" ? Here we have GF trying to bring 3ds models into the switch (instead of creating new ones ---> admitting they at least tried to recycle models and animations) , not being able to (even if it's totally possible---> incompetence) and being forced to recreate them all (they didn't even bother to improve them once they could ---> lazyness) so they had to cut pokemon off (because they wanted the games out and they could not delay them ---> rushed games).
Imo, it would be better for them if the article was mistranslated and they never said that (not counting the evidence of the models being the same if they did say that, clearly).

My thoughts on the lack of the national dex itself? I don't care.

My thoughts on the responses to it? I think the people insulting and threatening Masuda and the rest of the team are being utterly immature. It's just a game, and the things people have said about the team over this is just ridiculous.

My thoughts on the lack of the national dex itself? I don't care.

My thoughts on the responses to it? I think the people insulting and threatening Masuda and the rest of the team are being utterly immature. It's just a game, and the things people have said about the team over this is just ridiculous.
You know what I don't understand? That people like you repeat that same sentence about the developers being insulted/verbally attacked. No one in their right mind would do that. No one here on this forum has done that, as well. It's a very small minority on certain platforms. A minority that has always been present for anything (be it games, politics, religion, other media, you name it), that's the internet for you. But things have been civil here and should stay that way.

People like you "virtue-spreading" how this is just a game don't contribute to the discussion at all; everyone with a bit of sanity would agree with the point you made; that insulting/threatening developers is bad. There's a huge number of people that are just disappointed (also outside of the internet) and some of them come to the internet to talk/discuss about it. That's fine. These issue shouldn't be downplayed as just an immature thing to feel disappointed about, as long as things stay civil, of course.

And maybe you're impartial about the issue, that's fine, but you at least took the time to reply here. As do others who have a different opinion on this matter, like me.

You know what I don't understand? That people like you repeat that same sentence about the developers being insulted/verbally attacked. No one in their right mind would do that. No one here on this forum has done that, as well. It's a very small minority on certain platforms. A minority that has always been present for anything (be it games, politics, religion, other media, you name it), that's the internet for you. But things have been civil here and should stay that way.

People like you "virtue-spreading" how this is just a game don't contribute to the discussion at all; everyone with a bit of sanity would agree with the point you made; that insulting/threatening developers is bad. There's a huge number of people that are just disappointed (also outside of the internet) and some of them come to the internet to talk/discuss about it. That's fine. These issue shouldn't be downplayed as just an immature thing to feel disappointed about, as long as things stay civil, of course.

And maybe you're impartial about the issue, that's fine, but you at least took the time to reply here. As do others who have a different opinion on this matter, like me.
To be fair, the words incompetence and lazyness has been thrown around here a lot when clearly it shows neither are the case. It's passive, but it's still a bit insulting.

To be fair, the words incompetence and lazyness has been thrown around here a lot when clearly it shows neither are the case. It's passive, but it's still a bit insulting.
Well, if such words get some peoples' panties twisted, then I don't know. They're harsh and probably undeserved, yes, but not by any means a personal attack on someone.

I don't use the words myself (as they're quite meaningless; we have no clue how things are handled exactly), but I do understand why some people use them.

"We tried to copy 6 years old 3DS models but we failed and we had to recreate them all identical, cutting hundreds of them off" ? Here we have GF trying to bring 3ds models into the switch (instead of creating new ones ---> admitting they at least tried to recycle models and animations) , not being able to (even if it's totally possible---> incompetence) and being forced to recreate them all (they didn't even bother to improve them once they could ---> lazyness) so they had to cut pokemon off (because they wanted the games out and they could not delay them ---> rushed games).
Imo, it would be better for them if the article was mistranslated and they never said that (not counting the evidence of the models being the same if they did say that, clearly).
Evidently the wireframes were fine, since they still match up perfectly. If they had to redo those as well, I'm sure that it would have taken them a lot longer and we definitely would not be receiving the games this year.

As for them being incompetent- no, issues happen with file transfers and stuff breaks all the time. That's just the nature of software.

In regards to them being lazy- they have to fix hundreds of models, do you really want them to go all out on making drastic changes when they already have a huge workload of models that need to be fixed? The fact that they have made any animation updates at all is pretty nice, considering the situation, and yet it probably resulted in more pokemon being cut to make time for those changes.

And as far as the games being rushed... I think that word is also kind of bullshit. They had a deadline that they made based on whatever factors that lead them to forecast completion by that time. You could call any game with a deadline "rushed" and sure, other games have the luxury of being able to admit defeat and put on a delay, but unfortunately Pokemon is a multi-factorial juggernaut with branches whose deadlines that all depend upon the main games in order to make their own release dates. They don't have that luxury, so any delays that need to be made have to be determined well in advance.

Since I used them (even with tons of "if"), I would like to discuss on the subject:

• Game Freak devs are not my friends and they don't give their game for free. They are making a product that I have to buy (60 dollars), so I have to be polite with them like with any other person in this world but not like they are children saviors. They are making a product, if I find that product lazy and I have bought that product for 23 years, that's not in any way insulting them, I'm just being critic as a consumer.
  • Considering they are a games company and I'm a consumer, unless you know how market works, I have to compare the product with what else is on the market right now. Their product is visually not at the level of other products on the market. Ok, pokemon it's not graphics (many say).
  • Pokemon is gameplay. In 2019, their product fails to deliver many other things that I find in the market (free camera, following pokemon, better animations for example). Ok, pokemon it's not just these features.
  • Pokemon is basically catching pokemon. They are cutting off hundreds of pokemon, because they wanted to create better animations and graphics.
(My brain is in conflict with the informations they gave me.....processing...)

Me as a consumer: so, let me understand, you are asking me to buy the same product from 23 years ago, with the same structure, but without hundreds of pokemon, megas, z moves and for 20 dollars more than the past?
Game freak: yes but we had to recreate all the models and make new animations!
Me as a consumer: they don't look new to me. Why didn't you improve them considering you had to recreate them all?
Game Freak: .....we don't want to tell you that.
Me as a consumer: why didn't you delay the games then?
Game Freak: we couldn't because of anime, tcg etc.
Me as a consumer: so let me understand again, you want me to buy your product even if it lacks a lot of features from the past and a lot of improvements in comparison to other switch titles just because you had a schedule and you couldn't delay it?
Game Freak: ....
Me as consumer: oh yeah of course, take my 60 dollars, I feel sorry for you and forgive me for my doubts.

Joking apart. Stop acting like if I have to be sorry for them. I'm not harassing them. I'm judging a product. And btw, what did they do for their consumers/fans? Did they bother delivering the answers for our concerns? Did they bring back the features we wanted? They just ignore those who keep asking these questions directly to them (and I'm not one of those, to be clear) and have bought their games for years and years without questioning anything. It's not like they are the best in politeness.

As I've stated before, I am not pleased.

The removal of the National Dex in Generation VII was already the last straw that made Generation VII overall my least favorite mainline Pokemon games ever (on top of a lot of other issues with the games, of course). At least in Gen VII those Pokemon still existed and could be played in the games. Now, we're at GF's mercy for which Pokemon we get to play in each game. And the bias toward Gen I Pokemon ticks me off, which is already clearly evident in Sword/Shield.

Pokemon makes far too much money to be treated like this. I've seen other things are going on. TPC and GF are both increasingly complacent to the mainline Pokemon games. They could do so much better than this, and they should for $60. But it won't hurt them financially enough to care. It's a sad thing to see.

Evidently the wireframes were fine, since they still match up perfectly. If they had to redo those as well, I'm sure that it would have taken them a lot longer and we definitely would not be receiving the games this year.

As for them being incompetent- no, issues happen with file transfers and stuff breaks all the time. That's just the nature of software.

In regards to them being lazy- they have to fix hundreds of models, do you really want them to go all out on making drastic changes when they already have a huge workload of models that need to be fixed? The fact that they have made any animation updates at all is pretty nice, considering the situation, and yet it probably resulted in more pokemon being cut to make time for those changes.

And as far as the games being rushed... I think that word is also kind of bullshit. They had a deadline that they made based on whatever factors that lead them to forecast completion by that time. You could call any game with a deadline "rushed" and sure, other games have the luxury of being able to admit defeat and put on a delay, but unfortunately Pokemon is a multi-factorial juggernaut with branches whose deadlines that all depend upon the main games in order to make their own release dates. They don't have that luxury, so any delays that need to be made have to be determined well in advance.
So, what you are suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong) is that we have to pay for the mistakes/problems of a billionaire company without even being able to compain? Right? We have to pay 60 dollars (20 dollars more than the past and the same price of many perfect switch titles) because they didn't have time, they couldn't do this in time, they could do that for this reason. I would like to remeber you that we are almost at the point when they are basically lying to us about the models and I should feel sorry for a billionaire company that didn't want to take time/fix those mistakes/deliver a more polished game while asking for the some amount of money of a game like Super Mario Odissey?
Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Joking apart. Stop acting like if I have to be sorry for them. I'm not harassing them. I'm judging a product. And btw, what did they do for their consumers/fans? Did they bother delivering the answers for our concerns? Did they bring back the features we wanted? They just ignore those who keep asking these questions directly to them (and I'm not one of those, to be clear) and have bought their games for years and years without questioning anything. It's not like they are the best in politeness.
Nobody's asking you to feel sorry for them, but at least show a little respect for those who even gave you these series you have love so much, only to redact it when they make a decision you don't like. As some people have pointed out to me, the fanbase isn't a hivemind, some people want features in, some people want features gone, and others don't care either way. And one thing people tend to mistake, criticism doesn't involve insulting nor demanding from others you have qualms with, it's only suggestions, suggestions people are free choose to not comply to or reject. It doesn't mean they ignore you. Ignoring you would be not answering at all, what we got was a simple no. And another thing about this 60 dollar bit, if money is that big of an issue for you, you shouldn't thrifting money on games in general. Especially since 60 is the practical norm for some switch games.

Nobody's asking you to feel sorry for them, but at least show a little respect for those who even gave you these series you have love so much, only to redact it when they make a decision you don't like. As some people have pointed out to me, the fanbase isn't a hivemind, some people want features in, some people want features gone, and others don't care either way. And one thing people tend to mistake, criticism doesn't involve insulting nor demanding from others you have qualms with, it's only suggestions, suggestions people are free choose to not comply to or reject. It doesn't mean they ignore you. Ignoring you would be not answering at all, what we got was a simple no. And another thing about this 60 dollar bit, if money is that big of an issue for you, you shouldn't thrifting money on games in general. Especially since 60 is the practical norm for some switch games.
Again, I never insulted them and the only respect I have to show to them apart from the politeness that I have to show to anyone else is by buying their games.

So, what you are suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong) is that we have to pay for the mistakes/problems of a billionaire company without even being able to compain? Right? We have to pay 60 dollars (20 dollars more than the past and the same price of many perfect switch titles) because they didn't have time, they couldn't do this in time, they could do that for this reason. I would like to remeber you that we are almost at the point when they are basically lying to us about the models and I should feel sorry for a billionaire company that didn't want to take time/fix those mistakes/deliver a more polished game while asking for the some amount of money of a game like Super Mario Odissey?
Again, correct me if I'm wrong.
No, feel free to complain, but don't throw around these garbage phrases of them being "incompetent" and "lazy." I don't see you importing models over to a new system, so maybe don't go there? You can't see the workload of having to fix all the shit that didn't make it over due to program issues that are totally unrelated to anyone's competence, and we have seen some new and updated animations amidst all of the work they apparently have to fix.

I fully support criticizing the fact that they opted to cut pokemon instead of extending their release schedule- assuming that decision was made early on, which I imagine it had to have been. I don't think that was a good call on their part- it was one that surely made sense to them because they figured that we wouldn't want to wait, but we would rather wait. But you can criticize without using banal insults that really do not apply to the situation.

Again, I never insulted them and the only respect I have to show to them apart from the politeness that I have to show to anyone else is by buying their games.
You've called them lazy and incompetent, how is that not being insulting?

You only bought the games cause you were interested in them, cause you wanted to have fun with them. Not just for a polite gesture or show respect. Everyone knows you don't have to absolutely buy something unless you want to, and you're acting like they already took your money, when in reality it's not a problem for you now cause you haven't bought the games yet. Sure this is more of an discussion about quality, but point still stands you're not affected unless you bought the games

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom