• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I only brought it up cause there's one thing I don't see much people talking about. During the E3 floor demo footage someone used a Scorbunny that knew Flame Charge. When It used the move, the animation for it looked way to intricate to be Scorbunny's physical attack animation. Like Scorbunny actually ran towards opponent to kick it then hop back into place. So I thought this was a unique animation for that move made only for Scorbunny. So it made me think. If simple moves like that can get unique animations, how many others got the same treatment, then I thought it'd make sense that pokemon had certain animations for moves people would most likely have in certain pokemon's usual movesets.
That was on the new fire starter of this generation, though... Starters and Legends have always received pretty animations in the last three gens. Primarina spirit bomb is fantastic too. The problem is that we should be at the point where we should stop asking for a charizard to shoot fire from its mouth or a Blastoise to shoot water from its cannons.
The animations are highly imbalanced. Some are pretty good, some others are really bad. As I said, if they don't want to invest more money on the animations department, they could have really reduced the pokedex to 300 and gave those 300 pokemon new models and animations. This way with the remakes they would have covered half of the pokedex and in Gen 9 all pokemon would have had brand new models and animations.
My fear is that we will never see a proper kick or punch from all pokemon. They need to work on the graphics and the animations, it's really about time to see no wonder for a move being done the way it should. Other franchises have released masterpieces and pokemon fans are still wondering if a double kick will ever be a real kick.

Reminder that no difficulties were mentioned for LGPE or even SwSh except for that one Famitsu interview (it wasn't mentioned during Treehouse or in US Gamer). It's pretty obvious to me that Famitsu either misheard Ohmori or he said something stupid (call it a lie if you want). All this wild speculation to explain the statement is a bit much when the major factors outlined were animations and battle balance.

The way they anounced it played a big role, everyone is talking about the dex-cut , but no one is talking about:

-the perfect emotions that are way better than sun and moon PC emotionless smile

- you can dance and do some moves

- how great the gym challenge seems exiting

-the possibility of the return of walking pokemon since they are already used for the pokemon in overworld

- how the bikes are good replacements for HMs

- the fact that gigantamax is broken and balanced at the same time

- how the variation in weather and locations is exiting( in the wild area)

- nessa's gym town
So people are simply nitpicking , all they want to is to make pokemon look bad, as a pokemon fan I can see how bringing my favourites was something important and with deleting the half of it,I do see the problem ,and it doesn't mean that we should ignore everything exiting about this game, and I have to remind you of that they said that these games are filled with new content and the dex is small feet away from the nat dex

Anyways, I didn't mean that you are nitpicking and I see your point, but some of you were really negative

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190719-052222_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190719-052222_YouTube.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 31
The way they anounced it played a big role, everyone is talking about the dex-cut , but no one is talking about:

-the perfect emotions that are way better than sun and moon PC emotionless smile

- you can dance and do some moves

-the possibility of the return of walking pokemon since they are already used for the pokemon in overworld

- nessa's gym town
So people are simply nitpicking , all they want to is to make pokemon look bad, as a pokemon fan I can see how bringing my favourites was something important and with deleting the half of it,I do see the problem ,and it doesn't mean that we should ignore everything exiting about this game, and I have to remind you of that they said that these games are filled with new content and the dex is small feet away from the nat dex

Anyways, I didn't mean that you are nitpicking and I see your point, but some of you were really negative
Probably because-
  • your trainer still has a vacant expression like they got dropped on their head too many times
  • the gym challenge isn't that exciting when the gimmick is just "pokemon got big" for every battle
  • walking pokemon is pretty much already confirmed to not be a thing in these games
  • the bike is a boring replacement for HMs
  • we don't know shit about Gigantamax to say that it's really broken and/or balanced at this point
And can you dance? Because all I remember seeing was the spin animation which was already in Sun and Moon.

Bikes only replace Surf, AKA the best HM move. They look weird moving across the lake.

I think that dynamic weather is over the top. Bring back seasons for that kind of thing.

Now if they had announced that pokemon were cut from the game but out of the pokemon that did make it in, you could use some of them as PokeRides to replace HMs... by riding your own pokemon like in LGPE... that would have been a different story. ;)

But screw the bike, it's a boring substitute powered by one of the most annoying pokemon to ever be allowed to talk.

We already got replacements for HMs in SuMo...which also had all the Pokemon.
Overworld weather isn't exactly new.
- nessa's gym town
What is there to say, exactly?
All we know right now is that it adds HP and gives the Pokemon access to unique moves, which, while powerful, is hardly broken.

It's also 100% false that nobody is talking about it. There's a thread on it right here.
Maybe you should look at the Gym Speculation thread to see people talking about that? Of course people are going to be focusing on the dex in this thread-that's the subject of it.

So people are simply nitpicking ,
Anyways, I didn't mean that you are nitpicking

Uh...

As someone who is still buying the games and still excited for them despite being highly upset by the Dexit decision, it does make me a little sad to see Dexit overshadowing all the positives the game has. I guess I’m easy to please, though, because I do see where a lot of the complaints are coming from.

Personally, I just really like the idea of the Wild Area and overworld Pokemon encounters coming back (shiny hunting was pretty fun in LGPE thanks to this). And I really can’t wait to see what older Pokémon are getting new (pre)evolutions if that is indeed making a comeback.

I guess my point is I still have a lot of hope for SwSh despite everything. That’s just me personally, though. I don’t blame anyone who is so far not impressed enough to make up for the blow that Dexit dealt.

You know what I don't understand? That people like you repeat that same sentence about the developers being insulted/verbally attacked. No one in their right mind would do that. No one here on this forum has done that, as well.

That's just a complete lie. ETA: I never said if it was a majority or minority. I said the people doing it are immature.

But screw the bike, it's a boring substitute powered by one of the most annoying pokemon to ever be allowed to talk.
Actually, that's a plus for me! I can get my revenge for Rotom annoying me during my USUM playthroughs.

Rotom: Mizzter, can we take a rezzt somewhere? I'm getting tired.
Me: No! You're going to cross that ocean even if it's the last thing you do!

Actually, that's a plus for me! I can get my revenge for Rotom annoying me during my USUM playthroughs.

Rotom: Mizzter, can we take a rezzt somewhere? I'm getting tired.
Me: No! You're going to cross that ocean even if it's the last thing you do!
That would only be satisfying to me if it had a health bar and I could actively grind it into the red. XD

I think a lot of us would love to really kick Rotom's ass right now. And to make it worse, it now floats around the gyms as a camera- there's just no escaping that damn thing and its stupid face now. I really wish we got the Pokemon Masters' poryphone in these games instead. If nice quiet porygon wants to take over my bike, it can be my guest.

Yeah, I definitely think the wireframes could have used some edits, but I don't think that's what they were focusing on. It was the animations and the textures that I believe got all of the attention- the textures definitely have been updated since the 3DS, that's a given, but the animations from what we've seen range from being entirely new animations, to minor alterations, to being the same as the old animations- and if there was any issue with converting files, I imagine that that must have been the thing to go, so even getting those old animations to work would have required time to put new bones into the frames.
Wouldn’t those model alteration differences/issues have been discovered when LGPE released, though? I just wish GameFreak actually ended up giving the exact situation instead of saying the exact same thing without much concern, enraging the fanbase even more.

Wouldn’t those model alteration differences/issues have been discovered when LGPE released, though? I just wish GameFreak actually ended up giving the exact situation instead of saying the exact same thing without much concern, enraging the fanbase even more.
That's the dilemma though isn't it? If they said nothing people would get made that they get no answer, and they made up their minds about the decision so not like they'd lie and tell people what they want to hear to call them down.

That's the dilemma though isn't it? If they said nothing people would get made that they get no answer,
What they said was still a no-answer though. It came off as a deliberate ignorance to people, and was frankly worse than radio silence.

What’s the issue with telling what’s exactly going on instead of making actually refutable claims? The fanbase is going to be more understanding when they see what exactly's going on.

GameFreak gives excuses > People discover they’re bogus > People rage more
GameFreak gives actual goings on of the scenario > Some people rage, but that’s going to be the vocal minority that’s also currently going at unjust levels to throw personal insults. The fanbase in general will be a lot more understanding and willing to argue with the more extreme people.

I don't know, because all I've seen are people comparing the wire frames, not the rigs or the animations. And a lot of the animations appear to be the same, too, so it's like... did they painstakingly recreate those animations? The whole deal with why they had to recreate anything about them from scratch really could have used some clarity. =/

unless LGPE ran off of the same engine as SM. from what they've said about it, the problems sounds more tied to the engine used than the console itself.
GameFreak gives excuses > People discover they’re bogus > People rage more
GameFreak gives actual goings on of the scenario > Some people rage, but that’s going to be the vocal minority that’s also currently going at unjust levels to throw personal insults. The fanbase in general will be a lot more understanding and willing to argue with the more extreme people.
like early on before Game Freak started digging a (bigger) hole, people were all "i just don't understand how a multi-billion franchise could ... [blah blah blah]." like, the internet has a very tenuous understanding of business. the only people who really care about this are a vocal minority and the only response they will accept is one that says that Pokemon won't be cut.
The whole deal with why they had to recreate anything about them from scratch really could have used some clarity. =/
people are just being needlessly stubborn about it. they have a deadline. there is a time crunch. there is work to do beyond just re-creating the models of pokemon. the most time efficient task is to literally just re-create the models they've already made before and not waste their little time making the entire model from scratch.

What they said was still a no-answer though. It came off as a deliberate ignorance to people, and was frankly worse than radio silence.

What’s the issue with telling what’s exactly going on instead of making actually refutable claims? The fanbase is going to be more understanding when they see what exactly's going on.
I just saw the answer being a round about, polite as possible way of saying no. He did state that he's seen our comments and respects the love of the series we have, but sticks to his decision and tries reassuring that pokemon aren't gone forever. Doesn't exaclty sound like there was no answer, or deliberate ignorance to me. Just it wasn't the answer people wanted to hear.

Last edited:
Bikes only replace Surf, AKA the best HM move. They look weird moving across the lake.
Agreed completely. I wish they expanded the concept of Secret Techniques to make them more like field abilities for every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just the starters. The water bike looks abour as tacky and unnatural as Sky Dash and Sea Skim being used by Eevee and Pikachu.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom