• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Its not like any of these people will USE half of the pokemon they advocate for.
  • Pokemon that aren't part of evolutionary lines-148
  • Pokemon that are fully evolved-294 (+148=443)
  • Half the dex-404 Pokemon
No one person will use every Pokemon, but out of 443 fully evolved Pokemon, it's not a stretch to believe all of them might be used by someone in a fandom spanning thousands of people. (and that's not even including evolutionary families)
Even if people don't use certain pokemon, but are still valuable and special to them, they don't need to be in a new game for you cherish them
But you do need them in a new game if you want to play with them in the camping feature, play against friends on the Switch,

• Pokemon that aren't part of evolutionary lines-148
  • Pokemon that are fully evolved-294 (+148=443)
  • Half the dex-404 Pokemon
No one person will use every Pokemon, but out of 443 fully evolved Pokemon, it's not a stretch to believe all of them might be used by someone in a fandom spanning thousands of people. (and that's not even including evolutionary families)

But you do need them in a new game if you want to play with them in the camping feature, play against friends on the Switch,
Camping is essentially refresh, just do it in SM. Also if you want to battle with them, again, just use SM

Camping's never been shown, so it's too soon to assume. And what happens when the 3DS servers go down?
From what we've with the snipets we saw, I doubt there'll be too many differences. We already confirmed global link won't be available in Swsh anyway, and so far no message about it's service being terminated yet so, I wouldn't worry too much yet

Its not like any of these people will USE half of the pokemon they advocate for.
Even if people don't use certain pokemon, but are still valuable and special to them, they don't need to be in a new game for you cherish them
I’m just saying this as a personal preference, but I’m someone who has always cared about collecting all the Pokémon. I’ve completed every Nat Pokédex since XY (not a flex, just sayin’) and I wanted to continue that streak here. It doesn’t matter if I use all 1000+ Pokémon; I just want the option to be there to obtain them all.

I’m just saying this as a personal preference, but I’m someone who has always cared about collecting all the Pokémon. I’ve completed every Nat Pokédex since XY (not a flex, just sayin’) and I wanted to continue that streak here. It doesn’t matter if I use all 1000+ Pokémon; I just want the option to be there to obtain them all.
Well, everyone has a different desire to play Pokemon.

From what we've with the snipets we saw, I doubt there'll be too many differences.
The snipets we've seen? We haven't even seen gameplay of it yet.
We already confirmed global link won't be available in Swsh anyway, and so far no message about it's service being terminated yet so, I wouldn't worry too much yet
Nintendo is charging users for the servers on their current console-why would they shell out for free service on old ones?

This post sites sources, and gets updated by user feedback - I bet of which were the primary reasons why it got pinned to the site.

While the post cites sources, not all of them are used to back up the arguments. Some are just links to X and Y’s Wikipedia page or to the national Pokédex on Bulbapedia, for example. I don’t think the OP directly cited most, if not all of them, either.

Also, I’m pretty certain the post got pinned mainly because it criticizes Dexit and makes it seem like Dexit has no leg to stand on (probably true) and r/pokemon and to a lesser extent the mods are anti-Dexit/SwSh. It could’ve had no sources and been a wordy mess and it’d still probably be pinned. That sub upvotes almost anything anti-Dexit, unless you’re beating a dead horse (cough bootleg animations cough) and/or you‘re being overly rude about it.

Edited

Last edited:
The snipets we've seen? We haven't even seen gameplay of it yet.

Nintendo is charging users for the servers on their current console-why would they shell out for free service on old ones?
We literally seen it with Sobble and Alcremie.

Cause I'm fairly sure Global Link isn't controlled by Nintendo theirselves

We literally seen it with Sobble and Alcremie.

Cause I'm fairly sure Global Link isn't controlled by Nintendo theirselves
Link? I've haven't seen anybody talking about it, and a reveal of a new feature should be pretty big news.

Well, look at their track record-no gen's server has lasted forever.

Literally just animations for them responding to affection? That's not the same as seeing gameplay of the camping feature. There's no reason to assume that there won't be any additions to it just because we saw that they respond to affection.
Well of course not forever, but it won't literally die a gen later
The WiFi servers for the DS shut down May 2014. XY came out in October 2013. It is very much possible.

Camping is essentially refresh, just do it in SM. Also if you want to battle with them, again, just use SM

This post is literally; "Ignore an anti consumer practice, don’t say anything about it and just play the older game on the older system if you dare to want the creatures and be positive!"
The SM servers are also on a ticking countdown.

"Just play the older game on the older system if you want a feature (that’s a staple of the franchise)" isn’t a good argument. At all.

And people who "won’t use half the Pokémon" are speaking up because encouraging this practice just enables them to go more anti-consumer on us. It sets a precedent, a really bad precedent. And some fans want the franchise to grow, and not regress with anti consumer practices and will speak against them.

Last edited:
This post is literally; "Ignore an anti consumer practice, don’t say anything about it and just play the older game on the older system if you dare to want the creatures and be positive!"
The SM servers are also on a ticking countdown.

"Just play the older game on the older system if you want a feature (that’s a staple of the franchise)" isn’t a good argument. At all.

And people who "won’t use half the Pokémon" are speaking up because encouraging this practice just enables them to go more anti-consumer on us. It sets a precedent, a really bad precedent. And true fans want the franchise to grow, and not regress with anti consumer practices and will speak against them.
Alright then let's say this. If like Tech says, the DS Servers then closed down a year after release of XY. Someone decides to not buy XY in 2014, and has pokemon he wants to use in BW instead. Did people then go online and claim anti consumerism? Or do people tell them the to suck it up and buy XY when he didn't want it?

It's not the Global Link you should really be worried about. The Global Link doesn't really do much post 5th gen anyway. What's even more concerning is if they shut down Bank. If that happens, then your favorite Pokemon are either trapped in the older games forever or trapped in Home until Game Freak decides to add them to a regional dex. That's a no win situation right there.

Luckily, I don't expect them to fully shut down Bank anytime soon (although I can't say the same for Transporter, so our Pokemon may be stuck on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen games soon), but this could easily happen at some point. You want to talk anti-consumer practices, that would be pretty scummy.

Alright then let's say this. If like Tech says, the DS Servers then closed down a year after release of XY. Someone decides to not buy XY in 2014, and has pokemon he wants to use in BW instead. Did people then go online and claim anti consumerism? Or do people tell them the to suck it up and buy XY when he didn't want it?
Wrong analogy. One is free to use any Pokemon from BW in XY, but same is not true of SM>SwSh, which was the anti consumer practice (not coding in every species into the game and most likely charging to store them when there’s no guarantee that the Pokemon will be available in the next game).

Wrong analogy. One is free to use any Pokemon from BW in XY, but same is not true of SM>SwSh, which was the anti consumer practice (not coding in every species into the game and most likely charging to store them when there’s no guarantee that the Pokemon will be available in the next game).
Except being able to put all your pokemon into XY, is not free, why? Cause you still need to buy Bank and XY to transfer them in

Except being able to put all your pokemon into XY, is not free, why? Cause you still need to buy Bank and XY to transfer them in
That’s an entirely different debate, but this one is an objectively worse deal: either have your Pokemon stuck in earlier games or have them rot while waiting for a game that supports the Pokemon.

In XY you had a way to use your Pokemon, but in SwSh there’s literally no option even when you’re supposed to pay for services and your response was “just play SM”.

That’s an entirely different debate, but this one is an objectively worse deal: either have your Pokemon stuck in earlier games or have them rot while waiting for a game that supports the Pokemon.

In XY you had a way to use your Pokemon, but in SwSh there’s literally no option even when you’re supposed to pay for services and your response was “just play SM”.
Again XY is still a paywall for people who don't even want to buy those games yet want to transfer pokemon into future games. You keep dodging that. You might as well be telling those people, should've bought the recent games, sucks to be you

Again XY is still a paywall for people who don't even want to buy those games yet want to transfer pokemon into future games
Not really, you can transfer Pokemon into ORAS...
And if you’re talking about Pokemon Bank, it might seem like an anti consumer move to a small degree, but I feel it’s much more justifiable. Specially since there are virtually no limitations apart from not being able to backward transfer.

The Dexit and Pokemon Home+Bank is a clusterfuck that isn’t even comparable to introduction of Pokemon Bank.

Accepting Dexit will just lead to even more anti consumer moves in the future.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom