• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I think people are jumping to conclusions too fast.

For starters this really only affects online play and post game since being limited to certain Pokémon during the main story isn’t a new thing.
I don't think anyone was jumping to any conclusion that this time would be different?
Competitive play is a large part of Pokémon, and I’m sure they have a plan to alllow for those competitive battlers.
Not really encouraging to know that the metagame will be unchanged and the already-big Pokemon will be used, while lesser-known get literally nothing in SwSh.

Tied to all of this, we all know how GF tries to tie a specific feature to a certain region/Gen. so they do not care of having something that I find important: a staple on which to build the new games. So, as you can see we never had Seasons again as a feature and instead we're getting a Safari Zone with "dynamic weather" (Arceus, I'm so sick of hearing about this feature in game, which most of the time means random weather created and changed just for show). DOn't be surprised when something gets removed or added.
Features, yes, but Pokemon have literally never been tied only to certain games before now. Every game was made to include all past Pokemon.

EDIT: Also, Spyro is more of a cameo character in Skylanders, and it was a recolor of another character that didn't make it into the games (I think it was called Fire Dragon or something?). So, he's not the main character.
It was always planned to have Spyro in Skylanders-in fact, early development was a game called Spyro's Kingdom. (I think you're thinking of the Sun Dragon, which became Camo in the first game) Still, it would have been so much better to officially call him a cameo character instead of acting like it was a Spyro game-they really are totally different series.

Although, it's funny that you mention Skylanders, because they actually made a point to keep all figures usable in future games. That ended up being about 146 different characters programmed in the latest game, with their own animations, voice lines, and attacks, not including the customizable characters or color swaps. Which might not be quite as big a task-they did mostly work on the same consoles, there's definitely hundreds less to update, and their team is much bigger-but it's kinda funny compared to the current situation

why can't they wait for the game itself? I would wait and see whats in it before judging then the next game or next gen can be made btter.

why can't they wait for the game itself? I would wait and see whats in it before judging then the next game or next gen can be made btter.

No thanks, they literally said that some Pokemon are being cut off and honestly.. the majority of the fans would rather not deal with a game where some Pokemon are rendered completely unusable at all. It's better to be vocal about this NOW so they can hear us and actually make some plans or changes to the games.

The biggest concern for me on SwSh is Meltan and Melmetal. Game Freak's decision on limiting Pokémon importation shot down my plans of buying a Nintendo Switch, as I don't want to play Let's GO.

I do still have Pokémon Bank and I shall renew it by end of June. Plus, I still play Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon on my New 3DS XL as well as Pokémon GO on my phone, but Let's GO games don't interest even my GO account.

What's the point of excluding Meltan and Melmetal from Game Freak's mentions on SwSh? I am extremely puzzled.

No thanks, they literally said that some Pokemon are being cut off and honestly.. the majority of the fans would rather not deal with a game where some Pokemon are rendered completely unusable at all. It's better to be vocal about this NOW so they can hear us and actually make some plans or changes to the games.

gen 3 was full of new pokemon... childish... on the place of game freak I would say that some species can't be in Galar because no one brough them there... or they provoke the fans... probably national dex activates after the league

___
more interesting how the electric dog line wil differ from Electrike? Probably will have a lot hp and both defenses in comparence to it?
maybe it will get Thick Fat or Strong Jaw?
or evo with type change? weird that they didn't make electric/normal , electric/ground, electric/fairy or surprise us with a electric/dark?

Last edited:
How's that Game of Thrones rewrite coming along?

tumblr_n10boyGYQc1sr5ygso3_250.gif

Winter is coming. The people will decide. As for this petition, the exclusion of the National Dex now and in future games is just the latest in a long list of dubious decisions over the years. The biggest to be certain, but it needs to wake Game Freak up to the reality that they are behind the times of game development.

They either evolve, or wither.

gen 3 was full of new pokemon... childish... on the place of game freak I would say that some species can't be in Galar because no one brough them there... or they provoke the fans... probably national dex activates after the league

___
more interesting how the electric dog line wil differ from Electrike? maybe it will get Thick Fat? or evo with type change? weird that they didn't make electric/normal , electric/ground, electric/fairy or surprise us with a electric/dark?

With all due respect, it's probably not a good idea to resort to the insults such as "childish".

Gen3 was full of new Pokemon, yes BUT they still have all the old Pokemon coded in so you still could find a way to get them and find them usable. Pokemon outside the regional dex are usable generally after Elite Four in all the previous mainline games. However, that was not the case for Sword/Shield as they literally said that some Pokemon are getting CUT OFF from the game and that it doesn't change after Elite Four.

So going from your previous post, it's a bad idea to tell us to "be patient" because of what I told you in the previous post just now.

With all due respect, it's probably not a good idea to resort to the insults such as "childish".

Gen3 was full of new Pokemon, yes BUT they still have all the old Pokemon coded in so you still could find a way to get them and find them usable. Pokemon outside the regional dex are usable generally after Elite Four in all the previous mainline games. However, that was not the case for Sword/Shield as they literally said that some Pokemon are getting CUT OFF from the game and that it doesn't change after Elite Four.

So going from your previous post, it's a bad idea to tell us to "be patient" because of what I told you in the previous post just now.

how many pokemon weren't in all previous instalments? in each one? why the weird panic?

how many pokemon weren't in all previous instalments? in each one? why the weird panic?

Uhh... literally ALL of them were all in the previous installments (except for Lets Go if you count that but that's only one)?? Sword/Shield is basically the first main game to actually have some Pokemon get cut off. I will copy-paste what I wrote earlier in another thread.

The statement they made in Treehouse Live yesterday, it was implied that some Pokemon will be cut off from the game, as in.. literally not being coded into the game so if you really like a Pokemon like for example, Spiritomb, and it's not available in Galar PokeDex... well, tough shit, you can't transfer Spiritomb via Home to use in SwSh no matter what because it's just not coded in the games (meaning even after the Elite Four/League, it's still not there) which was why there's a HUGE outrage/backlash going on right now from the fans.

literally ALL of them were all in the previous installments

are You sure? did You checked? "T" ? check it yourself first and correct.

This Pokémon can be obtained only by trading it from another game or transferring it from a game in a previous generation.

they want us to buy older games or to have more contact with people with older games, that's not bad at all.

Even non-obtainable event Pokemon were coded into the past games. That's the issue, the excluded Pokemon aren't even coded and are essentially non-existent in these games.

they want a generation without them maybe it will have a meaning for the next one or for the next games?

Personally part of the issue at hand is the fact that the world of Pokemon has become so huge and the fact that Game Freak can't be programming in every single Pokemon per game with its current huge size so this is where they have to draw the line by limiting the amount of sprites and animations they should be using. This was pretty much bound to happen at some point, though I am taking time to adapt with this though I do share some of this pain.

Here is a good source to read for this story: Not All Pokémon Can Be Imported Into Sword and Shield

In my opinion: Since it is getting to the point that the Pokemon species list is getting far too large for a single game, if they decide to make a Diamond and Pearl remake, then just include the Pokemon absent from Sword and Shield in the Pokemon that should be included in it and then set up a separate app for the Switch to serve as a giant Pokedex for all known Pokemon species for all these games.

they want a generation without them maybe it will have a meaning for the next one or for the next games?

Problem is the reasoning behind the decision to do so. Some believe it takes too much time, which honestly I find to be kind of a shoddy explanation considering the animations aren't too different from the 3DS games. If the animations & game content were miles ahead without the cut Pokemon, then I think people would be more understanding.

Like I said in the Sword N Shield thread, Dynamaxing itself could also be using up important coding assets, in which case I think Game Freak's priorities are wrong. The only meaning Game Freak is currently conveying right now, is that they want the game out as soon as possible to make money for another holiday season regardless of the product's quality.

Problem is the reasoning behind the decision to do so. Some believe it takes too much time, which honestly I find to be kind of a shoddy explanation considering the animations aren't too different from the 3DS games. If the animations & game content were miles ahead without the cut Pokemon, then I think people would be more understanding.

Like I said in the Sword N Shield thread, Dynamaxing itself could also be using up important coding assets, in which case I think Game Freak's priorities are wrong. The only meaning Game Freak is currently conveying right now, is that they want the game out as soon as possible to make money for another holiday season regardless of the product's quality.
they wont tell you direct that they plan a continuation of this games Sword2 and Shield2, or Kings Sword and Queens Shield or Pokemon Armor where it will be different and better... also we don't know nothing about gen 4 remakes... the petition is a waste of time. Hope that they created more new good pokemon then in Alola.

Hope that they take it into account with the cost of the games for fans that buy every each one of them and even a special promotion that if someone buys XY, Sun and Moon/UltraSunandMoon and Sword and Shield should get on all three a 40% discount. Especially for new and old fans that would want to join the fun.

This I agree with.

Showing hate towards the creators in such a way is just wrong.

Honestly I think people should have more faith in GF. Yes sometimes they’ll screw up, but they do strive to improve. For example the horrible story that was xy. But then in SM we got a pretty good one. Lack of non unova Pokémon in BW, changed in BW2. Crappy examples probably but they show that GF strives to make our experiences better.

They just made the announcement, so no doubt they have other plans with it, but that won’t matter if people don’t give them time and stuff.

You made me recall something important: sequels and improved versions. At the moment I'm not that keen on buying the games and so I'll wait for a sequel or improved version of SwSh. :giggle:

How do you know they don’t have plans already? They made one announcement about one thing. There is no reason to assume they don’t have a plan in place. And I know that means that they might not have one, but until we know more about everything coming out, we shouldn’t jump the gun.
The biggest concern for me on SwSh is Meltan and Melmetal. Game Freak's decision on limiting Pokémon importation shot down my plans of buying a Nintendo Switch, as I don't want to play Let's GO.

I do still have Pokémon Bank and I shall renew it by end of June. Plus, I still play Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon on my New 3DS XL as well as Pokémon GO on my phone, but Let's GO games don't interest even my GO account.

What's the point of excluding Meltan and Melmetal from Game Freak's mentions on SwSh? I am extremely puzzled.
Did they say meltan and melmetal isn’t in the game?

I wouldn’t be surprised if GF is working on an app for the generations that connects to the online battle and trade system.That way they don’t have to worry about coding over 1000 Pokémon each gen, and they can merely update the app as the generations come out so that they don’t take away the ability to play online with any Pokémon, but also allow for them to ease their own burden when making the games.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom