• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

People forget that online petitions aren't necessarily created with the intent to impose actual change, but to bring awareness and let people's rage be seen.

Granted Nintendo and Game Freak are already quite aware of people's disappointment, so they don't really need petitions to tell them that. But that's why they exist and are helpful that way.

Tbh if it means we get a lot more new Pokemon (I heard 200 floated about?) in Galar idc. And it might be good for competitive battling.

While I was reading Nintendo Life's opinion piece on the controversy (which wasn't very good and a lot of people have called out on it), I noticed that someone linked some posters in the comments that debunks some 'pros' regarding the issue. They were pretty good so I just figured I would share them here.

Not trying to change anyone's opinions here or 'stoke' the fires. I just wanted to share cause I thought they were neat.

mN8pQf3.jpg

4wmJcXj.jpg

While I was reading Nintendo Life's opinion piece on the controversy (which wasn't very good and a lot of people have called out on it), I noticed that someone linked some posters in the comments that debunks some 'pros' regarding the issue. They were pretty good so I just figured I would share them here.

Not trying to change anyone's opinions here or 'stoke' the fires. I just wanted to share cause I thought they were neat.

mN8pQf3.jpg

4wmJcXj.jpg
That this point, the best solution is to push Game Freak or TPCi to commission a Pokémon Stadium-style spin-off for the end of each generation, especially since it received a lot of praise in the past. Why the end of a generation, you ask? Because there's a chance Game Freak will add new Pokémon mid-gen since Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have opened up the possibility by doing so. Having it come out any other time would most likely result in the exclusion of those Pokémon.

That this point, the best solution is to push Game Freak or TPCi to commission a Pokémon Stadium-style spin-off for the end of each generation, especially since it received a lot of praise in the past. Why the end of a generation, you ask? Because there's a chance Game Freak will add new Pokémon mid-gen since Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have opened up the possibility by doing so. Having it come out any other time would most likely result in the exclusion of those Pokémon.
I made a thread about the possibility of a Pokemon Stadium revival. One thing Game Freak should do is to actually make updates to the supposed Pokemon Stadium-styled game for the Switch that includes the new stuff from the new generation rather than make a new one on a new generation on the same system.

As much as I would love another Stadium game (or even another Colosseum / XD game), the reason they made those games was because they wanted to depict Pokemon in 3D graphics. That was supposed to be the selling point with these games. Now that 3D graphics are the norm with the main series, there isn't much of a point to them in having another Stadium game.

They should bring them back though. Stadium was Gen 1 and 2's answer to the Battle Frontier.

As much as I would love another Stadium game (or even another Colosseum / XD game), the reason they made those games was because they wanted to depict Pokemon in 3D graphics. That was supposed to be the selling point with these games. Now that 3D graphics are the norm with the main series, there isn't much of a point to them in having another Stadium game.

They should bring them back though. Stadium was Gen 1 and 2's answer to the Battle Frontier.
I have mentioned the original reason for a Stadium game in the other thread which is the one you have stated, but the new reason is for any Pokemon to battle any Pokemon, so basically, an example being Bastiodon being able to battle a Corviknight or Cobalion battling against Zacian. The only change they will have to do is to include stuff like held items and form changing items into the game and having a way to obtain those key items that change forms.

While the Pokémon in 3D aspect is no longer a selling point, the sheer number of people for whom Game Freak got backlash from for the removal of supporting all of the Pokémon gives these games another selling point: the ability to use all of your Pokémon in one game again. If anything, this would end up being an even bigger selling point than 3D Pokémon was back then. If there's a market for it, why wouldn't TPC or Game Freak try to capitalize on it?

I don't want to assume too much about the animation side of things, since it could be that there are new animations for features we haven't seen yet. We have four months to go; they're probably still developing things.

The "we'll never see all Pokemon together again" does get to me though. I loved looking at the sheer variety of Pokemon in the National Dex back in Gen 4/5.

While the Pokémon in 3D aspect is no longer a selling point, the sheer number of people for whom Game Freak got backlash from for the removal of supporting all of the Pokémon gives these games another selling point: the ability to use all of your Pokémon in one game again. If anything, this would end up being an even bigger selling point than 3D Pokémon was back then. If there's a market for it, why wouldn't TPC or Game Freak try to capitalize on it?
Assuming that Game Freak would even want to make another Stadium-type game with every Pokemon in it.

But yeah I agree, that would be a great selling point. Even more so if they kept rentals.

I thought them not preparing any of the cross gen evolutions in LGPE was suspect, I guess it was to prepare us for dexit.

What I'm confused about is that the national dex has actually been missing since Sun and Moon and I don't remember nearly as much backlash when it was first taken out (there definitely was some).

Not being able to add all the old Pokemon into these games is an understandable concern, but the "National Dex" has in reality been gone for some time now.

This is a clear example of why the #bringbacknationaldex protest will probably be ignored.

Pokémon Was The Second Most Pre-Ordered Title At GameStop During E3

No matter pokemon was the most disliked game at E3. No matter how many dislikes/comments people leave on their socials. They're gonna sell tons of copies no matter what...and they know it.
Hey, second place isn't first.

TeaWest said:
Not being able to add all the old Pokemon into these games is an understandable concern, but the "National Dex" has in reality been gone for some time now.
Almost everyone cares about having access to all Pokemon, but using the National Pokedex as a trophy is for collectors only, and not all of them at that (having that trophy in Bank is good enough for many).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom