• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I'll honestly be shocked if they did. If anyone, it would probably (LOL) be Melmetal and Meltan.
Which would be stupid since Meltan and Melmetal will never get the chance at being in a standard Pokémon title (Let’s Go isn’t exactly standard). Why limit a Pokémon to a game where it can’t fully be utilized? Combined with Dexit, this completely screws over the people who wanted to see them in a game where they can use abilities, held items, move tutors, etc. will never happen.

I don't see why a multi-billion company will care about petitions. Most people will buy the games anyways.

Also, what's the use in signing an English petition? We are not the target audience. Do adults even count as Pokémon's Target audience? I know that for the anime, only children are the target audience.

Putting two and two together currently isn’t working since almost every animation we’ve seen currently is reused. Move animations haven’t been overhauled, and there’s the possibility that animations have been reused for the camping feature, which isn’t an unreasonable assumption, seeing what we’ve had so far.
Game Freak has said that they've made new animations and touched up models. now, unless that statement was an outright lie or intentionally misleading (that is, new animations exist because there are new pokemon) that means there must be new animations and touched-up models somewhere. even if you have the most pessimistic view of Game Freak, it's a little unrealistic to assume that Game Freak would have essentially recreated the existing animations the same way and made minute changes (ie., the Dynamax animations are just slowed down regular animations and not new animations built from the ground up).

if we've only seen reused animations everywhere and we can reasonably believe that Pokemon-Amie will return, it logically follows then that there must be new animations used there. assuming otherwise is silly.
If someone's touting quality as a reason of excluding a staple and important feature (they promised that such a thing wouldn’t happen again after RS just two generations ago with Bank's announcement), we'd better see the quality to make an educated decision.
i mean, the real reason they excluded the 'feature' was because of time.
The models were already created upscaled, so I doubt that animations wouldn’t hold up all of a sudden.
i do agree, but it is also a possible consideration: that some animations got by on being based on lower resolution. it's not a significant consideration or even all that likely of one, but nonetheless it is a possibility.
So you’re saying that people will find fault with the apparantly high quality animations? If people are finding faults in them (and we're not even well educated on them so we cannot point out finer mistakes) then they were not 'high quality' enough to begin with?

Making actual animation overhauls and showing them would've done some favours, like physical moves actually hitting the opponent.
people are being nitpicky and holding a double-standard. period.

Which would be stupid since Meltan and Melmetal will never get the chance at being in a standard Pokémon title (Let’s Go isn’t exactly standard). Why limit a Pokémon to a game where it can’t fully be utilized? Combined with Dexit, this completely screws over the people who wanted to see them in a game where they can use abilities, held items, move tutors, etc. will never happen.
Has it ever been outright stated that Meltan and Melmetal will never appear in another game though? And I mean in general, not just the Galar Dex.

i do agree, but it is also a possible consideration: that some animations got by on being based on lower resolution. it's not a significant consideration or even all that likely of one, but nonetheless it is a possibility.
The walking and running animations are known to be high resolution too from Sun/Moon data mine.m

people are being nitpicky and holding a double-standard. period.
Most of the fanbase was absolutely fine with the graphics of this game (hell, there were even sequences compared to BotW in a non negative way) except for a few people, but GameFreak brought the nitpickiness on themselves when they said that graphics were the reason of excluding Pokémon. People began discovering that the graphics are not really with 'high enough fidelity' to justify the exclusion of their favourite Pokemon which is literally 10+ year old.

Most of the fanbase was absolutely fine with the graphics of this game (hell, there were even sequences compared to BotW in a non negative way) except for a few people, but GameFreak brought the nitpickiness on themselves when they said that graphics were the reason of excluding Pokémon. People began discovering that the graphics are not really with 'high enough fidelity' to justify the exclusion of their favourite Pokemon which is literally 10+ year old.
so as i said: people are being nitpicky and holding a double-standard. if you were fine with the graphics under the pretense that your favorite pokemon was included and are not fine with the graphics when your favorite pokemon is not included, that is a double-standard.

so as i said: people are being nitpicky and holding a double-standard. if you were fine with the graphics under the pretense that your favorite pokemon was included and are not fine with the graphics when your favorite pokemon is not included, that is a double-standard.
A double standard is the application of different sets of principles for situations that are, in principle, the same,[1] and is often used to describe freedom that is given to one party over another.

By this definition it isn’t a double standard because having a limited Dex isn’t the same as having all Pokemon.

Before, the complaints for graphics weren’t intense because they were an improvement over the 3DS ones, but when GameFreak mentioned that we’re losing Pokemon over ‘high quality graphics’ (which we haven’t seen even a shred of, anyway), people realise that the Graphics are not good enough to warrant the loss of non-Galar Pokemon, including Jimmy’s 10 year old infernape.

By this definition it isn’t a double standard because having a limited Dex isn’t the same as having all Pokemon.

Before, the complaints for graphics weren’t intense because they were an improvement over the 3DS ones, but when GameFreak mentioned that we’re losing Pokemon over ‘high quality graphics’ (which we haven’t seen even a shred of, anyway), people realise that the Graphics are not good enough to warrant the loss of non-Galar Pokemon, including Jimmy’s 10 year old infernape.
It sounds a bit unfair cause no amount of amazing graphics would make people happy enough to accept that.

It sounds a bit unfair cause no amount of amazing graphics would make people happy enough to accept that.

Yeah, but it’d help if GameFreak's excuse didn’t seem like a total lie based on what we've seen so far.
We'd have at least gotten "At least the upgrade might be worth it?" instead of "Everything's looking meh and now we've lost x number of Pokemon. And we gotta pay up to store Pokémon we cannot possibly use for years."

I still think we lack overall perspective to why this decision was made. No game devs ever want to talk about the flaws to their own game, cause that doesn't sell well, and there's still the matter that Ohmori says it was already difficult putting everyone in SUMO, still no clue how it was difficult. What makes the decision even more apparent that it must be a technical reason, before Masuda broke the news, he actually brought up that SUMO was able to have all pokemon, yet the decision was still made due to the sheer number of pokemon.

Has it ever been outright stated that Meltan and Melmetal will never appear in another game though? And I mean in general, not just the Galar Dex.

That has never been said, no. However, I do think we shouldn't assume they're in any kind of hurry to decouple it from Go/Let's Go. Mythicals exist primarily to promote stuff, and that's what Meltan is there to promote.

Yeah, but at the same time we can't really have a fully informed perspective of what we're getting, because we can't really know what the game would look like if they did spend all the necessary time doing what they needed to do in order to get all of the existing Pokémon sorted out. If we could peer into an Ultra Wormhole and see that alternate reality, and saw that something like this (obviously an exaggeration, but still) was the full scope of the trade-off:

Point being, we don't really know what we'd be losing if the producers were to bite off more than they seem able to chew by including support for every Pokémon.

Also, like... there is animation in what we've seen so far that I would argue looks good (just as one example, Scorbunny looks far better and more alive to me in-game than it did in that CGI segment in the first trailer), but I haven't seen anybody praising stuff like that. Just drilling down on the likes of Double Kick

Last edited:
"Some Pokemon don't have a special stone" and "some Pokemon can't learn this move" is not the same as "some Pokemon would disappear if brought to Galar because they'd shrink and disappear if they're anywhere near Dynamax energy". If Dynamax energy was so potent, why aren't Pokemon constantly Dynamaxed? Why would the player need to gather Dynamax energy?

maybe some have alergy or grow unstable? who know but a explanation is there even if You have problems accepting it.

They though that thought by eliminating half of the Pokédex, the other half would thrive? I though the same that people would change their favorites or try new perspectives in game play.

They though that thought by eliminating half of the Pokédex, the other half would thrive? I though the same that people would change their favorites or try new perspectives in game play.

that's a fake quote. i'm making a thanos joke

Every time I look at that tree and surrounding landscape, I'm instantly reminded of the Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time.

3009532-gameplay28ocarinaoftime29.png

Although maybe Twilight Princess might work better as a comparison. Which...still isn't much really.

Apparently they care enough to send Japanese and European users e-mail surveys.
Surveys where they underline that they are mostly interested in the opinion of 8-15 years old people, however...which basically means they keep ignoring (or, at least, pretend to ignore) the opinion of those people that play pokemon since 1996 and that all this #bringback campaign is mostly done by them considering that people between 8-15 yo have started pokemon with gen 5 at best.

Last edited:
I get people in Japan and Europe are getting emails with the survey. However, who exactly?

People members of / subscribed to / with accounts to what? No email for me.

This tree is entering fandom lore for sure, along with “7.8/10 too much water”, “Hoenn confirmed”, “I like shorts,...” and the like.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom