• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Well that's LGPE and that guy kinda needs to show more evidence, and the only way to do that is to datamine SwSh which we can't currently. So I can't really take that one guy's word for it. Imma look into more stuff
But LGPE is on the Switch-even though we don't know all the intricacies of SwSh, we do know that 3DS models still work on the Switch, because we saw it with LGPE. So they shouldn't have to remake anything from scratch.

But LGPE is on the Switch-even though we don't know all the intricacies of SwSh, we do know that 3DS models still work on the Switch, because we saw it with LGPE. So they shouldn't have to remake anything from scratch.
Well the modles themselves aren't really high quality, honestly they could use an update a bit. And I don't mean texture wise

Well the modles themselves aren't really high quality, honestly they could use an update a bit. And I don't mean texture wise
They could, but that doesn't mean it's necessary, like that translation claimed it was. And we can look at the models that we have seen to see that they haven't updated them.

It's not that much the e3 demo the matter. If after all the backlash in the last trailer Charizard shooted fire from its shoulders rather than from its mouth I think we can agree this is the best they can offer on the animations side.
I mean, we are talking about charizard. If It didn't get a proper dynamax animation yet, all other pokemon are most likely in the same old situation.

Not heard about this been playing games with the kids today ^_^

They said previously they used the LGPE models (one of the advantages of making that game) so I smell damage control.

They need to stop lying or telling half-truths I think the whole thing should not have blown up this bad if they had just been honest.

It’s much easier and less time-draining rebuilding a model by copying from an existing model and adding textures and some fixes.

It’s the main reason why Colosseum, XD, Revolution and the 3D Pokédex took the models and stances from the Stadium games and reworked on them to fit their needs, and some characters in the Smash games, like Mario, barely change from a game to another.

It also helps against certain modeling nightmares, like Onix and Pokémon with visible flames.

Because, let’s be real: redrawing totally from scratch 800+ Pokémon and giving them unique animations and perks is… an insane task.

They said previously they used the LGPE models (one of the advantages of making that game) so I smell damage control.

They need to stop lying or telling half-truths I think the whole thing should not have blown up this bad if they had just been honest.
Sure you tell millions of rabid fans the flaws of your game and expect absolutely o qualms from them nor constant pessimism on your social media like a kid constantly shouting in your ear till you give them what they want. Cause we're super understanding and reasonable.

Sure you tell millions of rabid fans the flaws of your game and expect absolutely o qualms from them nor constant pessimism on your social media like a kid constantly shouting in your ear till you give them what they want. Cause we're super understanding and reasonable.
Millions of rabid fans? The treehouse video doesn't even have a million dislikes, and I'm pretty sure anyone who kicks up enough of a fuss to pester them on social media would have at least disliked the video.

Even imagining this hoard of monsters that you think the fanbase is, why would lying bring a better response in any way?

Fine be petulant but I’d much rather be told the truth than lied to. You don’t have to like the truth but you’ll get less blowback compared to if you get caught lying.

Nintendo “We’ve had to restart Metroid Prime 4” people were pissed but it didn’t cause any lasting damage to Metroid or Nintendo.

Fine be petulant but I’d much rather be told the truth than lied to. You don’t have to like the truth but you’ll get less blowback compared to if you get caught lying.

Nintendo “We’ve had to restart Metroid Prime 4” people were pissed but it didn’t cause any lasting damage to Metroid or Nintendo.
I sincerely doubt it, but that's just me and my lack of faith.

Twitter, reddit, youtube, discord, I've seen too many places to think otherwise

All frequented by the same people...

Again if they said we couldn’t do X because we split the staff between S&S and Town. People would be annoyed some extremely but it would not have the constant steady stream of info keeping the controversy alive.

Also you might be experiencing some confirmation bias/echo chamber.

Discussing frustration on social sites isn't exactly the same as harassing Pokemon accounts.
Not just frustration, but insults and attacks on other users, and like here, Pokemon Discord had had to close down a chat due to constant arguing and insults towards one another till it got out of control.

Not just frustration, but insults and attacks on other users, and like here, Pokemon Discord had had to close down a chat due to constant arguing and insults towards one another till it got out of control.
Okay but...how would Pokemon admitting some sort of flaw in their game contribute to that?

Okay but...how would Pokemon admitting some sort of flaw in their game contribute to that?
Cause no matter what it'd lead to the same consequence. Nothing would change from the situation we have now. Everything would be still be the same and "Honesty is the best policy" is complete Tauros crap. It only proves that this fanbase is no different than any other on the net, it only takes one mishap to bring the worst out of everyone.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom