• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

This and Let’s Go depicted larger Pokemon with clearly larger models, like Onix, but now we’re back to USUM era where the groudon is as tall as the trainer. There was an image Let’s Go for an accurate comparison but I can’t currently find it.
I feel it makes sense when it to battle that the larger Pokémon are smaller than when in the over word, though I guess not because of the switch’s capabilities. Perhaps the final game will have Pokémon scaled in battle? The footage is not final.

That’s usually pertaining to minor changes/bugs, not the entire model scaling system of the game.
I see. Honestly it makes sense that scaling is not a thing here thanks to one Pokémon: wailord. If they scale the thing to it’s size, then giving it a dynamax form would not make sense. In let’s Go, the largest are Onix and Snorlax if I recall. They are way smaller than Wailord. That is why there is scaling in let’s Go.

I guess you have a point. I am looking at the issue as one who doesn’t transfer Pokémon from one game the next after all.
I don’t transfer Pokemon either, but I don’t want to support such an anti-consumer decision at all, specially when the previous Pokemon Switch game had less content than the $40 3DS entries at a higher price.

I don’t transfer Pokemon either, but I don’t want to support such an anti-consumer decision at all, specially when the previous Pokemon Switch game had less content than the $40 3DS entries at a higher price.
I will agree the Let’s go games didn’t have much post game stuff. I suppose you and I are different people. Some people might be bothered by the national dex cut (which started in gen 7 by the way), while others are not bothered by it.

I guess. Didn’t they say the wanted the games to more handheld than console?
When Game Freak said that, they were specifically referring to the style of gameplay. LGPE was intended to be a home console game because it necessitated the use of detached Joy-Cons to play (though I guess it could also be played in tabletop mode). Whereas with SwSh they want it to be played more as a traditional, on-the-go handheld experience. Because that's where the social aspect of the games lie.

Some people might be bothered by the national dex cut (which started in gen 7 by the way), while others are not bothered by it.

Not quite. You can still transfer every single Pokemon into SM and USUM. Although the National Pokedex as a feature does not exist in those games, the Pokemon themselves still exist, can be transferred and played with. In SWSH the Pokemon that aren't part of Galar's Regional Pokedex do not exist whatsoever. They are not coded into the game and therefore cannot be transferred.

People are using terms like the "Pokedex cut" because it's quick to type and easy to understand. It's pretty much the same logic behind us abbreviating the games into "RSE", "BW", "SWSH" etc. instead of using the full titles. Though, I can understand how the #BringBackNationalDex tag can be confused as a request for the feature rather than the Pokemon themselves to be added in, but a tag like this needs to be short and concise and that's probably the best one people could think of.

When Game Freak said that, they were specifically referring to the style of gameplay. LGPE was intended to be a home console game because it necessitated the use of detached Joy-Cons to play (though I guess it could also be played in tabletop mode). Whereas with SwSh they want it to be played more as a traditional, on-the-go handheld experience. Because that's where the social aspect of the games lie.
Actually you can play LGPE in handheld mode. Then, for catching, you need to move the Switch so the Pokémon is at the center of the screen and press A to throw the ball.

Much prefer that tbh.

Actually you can play LGPE in handheld mode. Then, for catching, you need to move the Switch so the Pokémon is at the center of the screen and press A to throw the ball.

Much prefer that tbh.
And the game's equivalent of Amie? Aren't you required to detach the Joy-Cons for that?

If none of it actually requires detached Joy-Cons, then I just may actually bother getting a used copy of this.

And the game's equivalent of Amie? Aren't you required to detach the Joy-Cons for that?

Nope, you can use your hands for that. In fact, handheld mode is the only way to change Pikachu/Eevee's hairstyle.

I thiiiiiiiiiink the only thing you lose out on by not playing in docked mode is the ability to use Pika Papow/Veevee Volley (basically just a Z-Move/Return hybrid) and the Partner Powers (basically just a Roto Boost), but that's pretty negligible.

Nope, you can use your hands for that. In fact, handheld mode is the only way to change Pikachu/Eevee's hairstyle.

I thiiiiiiiiiink the only thing you lose out on by not playing in docked mode is the ability to use Pika Papow/Veevee Volley (basically just a Z-Move/Return hybrid) and the Partner Powers (basically just a Roto Boost), but that's pretty negligible.
I never understood why the touch controls were limited to partner play. I would have liked to have touch controls for battle too.

Anyways, there was a tweet that GameFreak redesigned the new pokemon from scratch, which is why it took a while. Either way, this is marketing strategy that makes the games after sell. Like a Ultra Sword/Shield or Sword/Shield 2, or DP remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom