• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

The chances of making a change may very well be small, but if people don't even try then the chances will surely be zero. Also keep in mind that if changes do happen, we might not see the results immediately. For all we know, TPC has already planned the schedule for the next three years. We might see changes in Gen IX instead. It's still worth a try.

Last edited:
The chances of making a change may very well be small, but if people don't even try then the chances will surely be zero. Also keep in mind that if changes do happen, we might not see the results immediately. For all we know, TPC has already planned the schedule for the next three years. We might see changes in Gen IX instead. It's still worth a try.
The games cost 20 dollars more. Even if 5 milions people don't buy these games, they will earn the same money of s/m. Just to say...
Yep, this is exactly what I’m saying. Just bc it will take a lot doesn’t mean people shouldn’t try. But make no mistake that it will take a lot lol. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.
(I’m still getting the game on release tho lol)

It's 60 bucks we're talking about and I don't want Gamefreak to become like EA's sportgames; an annual cashcow.
it's been that way for a long time now (a cash cow), so idk why you and everyone else is acting so brand new about it.
That's fair. I figured it all went to TPCi, though I was skeptic of Game Freak getting a cut on merchandise when they don't even make that.

I think merchandise is only part of the problem though. TPCi (and maybe Nintendo) are likely the root of it. I get the sense that Game Freak really wants to do something different but have no choice but to do what they say. At least those are my suspicions.
they don't get a cut on merchandise so much as they get a cut of what the entire franchise (through their ownership of TPC) brings in. i touched a bit on this when that "leak" about Game Freak being 'forced' to do Pokemon was en vogue, but the most realistic reading into of this situation is simply a case of "what keeps the lights on and pays the bills may not be what you actually enjoy doing." the games keep moving at this point simply because they result in more merch being created and sold, not because it's the prime source of revenue.

and really i'm hesitant to make any sort of judgment because without any actual knowledge of what happens on the inside of Game Freak (culturally, financially, business-ly, etc), we're just guessing.

it's been that way for a long time now (a cash cow), so idk why you and everyone else is acting so brand new about it.

they don't get a cut on merchandise so much as they get a cut of what the entire franchise (through their ownership of TPC) brings in. i touched a bit on this when that "leak" about Game Freak being 'forced' to do Pokemon was en vogue, but the most realistic reading into of this situation is simply a case of "what keeps the lights on and pays the bills may not be what you actually enjoy doing." the games keep moving at this point simply because they result in more merch being created and sold, not because it's the prime source of revenue.

and really i'm hesitant to make any sort of judgment because without any actual knowledge of what happens on the inside of Game Freak (culturally, financially, business-ly, etc), we're just guessing.
Given what I have seen and read of GameFreak, I at least know that their work environment is pretty amazing and they seem to do a good job of at least trying to make it so their employees are comfortable and happy there.

Given what I have seen and read of GameFreak, I at least know that their work environment is pretty amazing and they seem to do a good job of at least trying to make it so their employees are comfortable and happy there.

For all of the Sword and Shield issues, we can at least be sure they aren't blood games like Anthem or Mortal Kombat 11.

For all of the Sword and Shield issues, we can at least be sure they aren't blood games like Anthem or Mortal Kombat 11.
Uhm... does research Okay, I didn't know those situations there were that bad. I knew SwSh were never in the same position as those games, but damn, those were bad. Specially, from what I'm reading, the MK one, considering someone said Midway was worse.

Pokémon is nearly immune to failure and GF is probably laughing at all the complaints and petitions.

Also, the National Dex can be a good selling point for a 3rd version cashgrab.

And we can't expect Pokémon games to have much content when people will buy them anyways. From a business POV, it's a waste of time and money.

You know that Masuda mentioning it at all actually is a bit of a detriment to the 'not care' argument, right? He had no reason to mention it so far in advance, and frankly from a financial sense it would have made a lot more sense to not let it be known until release.

You might be going 'HA HA SILLY OPTIMISTIC PEOPLE! YOU CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING!', but money grubbing is better with, say, 12 million people than 11 million. It would have been much smarter money wise to lie as long as possible.

So let's just call them out of touch if we want to insult them, no?

I accept that Sw/Sh will probably sell like gangbusters, but that's not going to deter me from not buying either unless I can find a used copy at a decent price (which given how EB Games tend to price their used games, isn't likely). I don't really care if my lack of purchase doesn't affect anything.

maybe it was about the G-max, D-max and walking pokemon models? maybe that was hard? and to reanimate them?
Hope they won't do the same models to many times again and focus on the rest of the bunch.

Those -max models are just upscaled and the walking models were already there in S/M.

but like we saw in the trailer ? I think it's a lot of coding if they didn't used past stuff of course... that would be to much work... but some are too ambitious and stubborn knowing and taking the mentality of some people in Japan.

but like we saw in the trailer ? I think it's a lot of coding if they didn't used past stuff of course... that would be to much work... but some are too ambitious and stubborn knowing and taking the mentality of some people in Japan.
The walking animations are reused. There are very few new animations with minimum changes (so far).

new pokemon are a lot to animate.
That shouldn’t be a reason to remove older Pokemon, though. Most of the work on them is already done. And I’m pretty sure the amount of new Pokemon is going to be on par with, if not less than Gen 6 and 7.

What about moves? objects? cities? small details?
Again, that shouldn’t be a reason to remove older Pokemon.
Its funny that you speak about the small details since you’ll find people pointing out details and things wrong in the game, even though I’m not sure if I support the extreme nitpicking.

That shouldn’t be a reason to remove older Pokemon, though. Most of the work on them is already done. And I’m pretty sure the amount of new Pokemon is going to be on par with, if not less than Gen 6 and 7.

Again, that shouldn’t be a reason to remove older Pokemon.
Its funny that you speak about the small details since you’ll find people pointing out details and things wrong in the game, even though I’m not sure if I support the extreme nitpicking.

some probably that mega evolve others maybe because they would be too similar or overshadow the new pokemon for new generation players that will start their journey with pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom