• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

For Showdown, they'd only need to add the new Pokemon, since everyone else is already there, so it'd be pretty easy to do so.
It may serve to make both experiences more memorable and distinct, that lots of Pokemon new and old will find themselves in different, and perhaps more frequently changing roles!
I don't think the roles will really change that much. A sweeper won't become a wall all of a sudden unless its stats are wildly different.
That may be part of it too, for the online experience to become mostly new;
so that totally new or mostly new players are not going to be logging on and finding themselves in a meta that is largely built from the earlier Gens
If this was the main goal, they could've just restricted online play to the regional dex and still included old Pokemon for casual play.

Turns out there are sprites for Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and the Alolan starters as well within the code. Whether they're already in or will be in via a patch is yet to be seen.

The menu sprites for Spikey Ear Pichu and Cosplay Pikachus were aparently in USUM so that might be a false postive.

Thread discussion:

The menu sprites for Spikey Ear Pichu and Cosplay Pikachus were aparently in USUM so that might be a false postive.

Thread discussion:

I think this is different. I don’t see why they would include sprites for some Pokémon but not others unless the ones they did include were planned for inclusion in the game.

Sorry to bump an old thread but good God I had to share how terrible this reply was:
1591222500622.png

Unrelated to the Dexit thing, I REALLY hate the argument here. A million dollars, 100,000 dollars....just because the money isn't a huge drop for the companies doesn't mean that it isn't appreciated or a good thing.

Sorry to bump an old thread but good God I had to share how terrible this reply was:
You know, as bad as this is, it is so satisfying to see pretty much all of PokeTwitter come together to chew him out, including Joe of Serebii.

I’m really proud of Pokémon’s stance on this and that they’re donating.

I am never impressed by any company or person that make a point of saying they've made a donation. Keep that information to yourselves.
It's sort of a catch-22. Nintendo put out a statement in support without mentioning donations and were told to give money, too (though it turns out they did but have a policy against announcing donations to avoid it looking like a PR stunt so the tweet was deleted).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom