• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

They released a 3 minute long trailer hyping up the Alola League

A little surprised they showed the orange islands champion picture at 0:18. Actually will probably turn out to be a more difficult league than this one will

That was a pretty neat video. I was just wondering to myself the other day if they would have Ash win the Alola League to match with the player character becoming the first Alola Champion. I doubt that's going to happen for a few reasons, but it would be an interesting twist. Although, I don't think Ash becoming the first Alola Champion would be that well received at least here due to his current team and the quality of the battles in SM. I can already picture fans trying to dismiss that accomplish because of the pretty poor setup the Alola League has thus far. After the Kalos League, I'm not sure if fans could ever be as excited for another Pokemon League.

His Orange League team and trophy are showcased at 0:18.

They overpromoted the Kalos League, so I don't know if this video means much. It boils down to whether they want Kukui to battle Ash or Guzma, I guess. Either way, Ash won't win against Kukui and the Orange League and Battle Frontier victories will remain unmatched.

Maybe this time they'll let Ash win the Alola League. We've seen after the Kalos league that there were executive meddling involved regarding the outcome of the league. So maybe they could let Ash win and try to satisfy the pokemon fans after what happened with the uproar resulting from the TreeHouse.

They planned these episodes long before Treehouse. And I don't think they care about the reaction to the Kalos League, let alone anything game-specific. By "they" I mean whoever actually calls the shots; I'd imagine that a lot of the writers are pretty tired of leagues by now.

Yup I saw today, And I hoped to write a comment by using Japanese Language with English Alphabet in the video page.

The is like this. "I SAW THE TRAILER and mostly I like it OR SEE IT AS OK.

However, I hatevit this thing. How could they left to put vew moment of Ash vs Darkrai and didn't leave most stupid characters such as Ash vs Cameron and ash vs trip?"

Last edited:
They didn't show his battle with Drake.
So? I guess every battle Ash ever had that isn't in this montage isn't canon then. They show the photo and trophy as others have pointed out. That makes it canon.

Even if it wasn't in this video, the Orange League saga has been mentioned throughout the series several times despite being a filler saga. It's canon.

Outside of taking marketing into account, Ash has not won five Leagues in a row since the Orange Islands. The only conclusions we can draw is that (i) Ash won the Orange League by chance (e.g. lucky draws), (ii) the Orange League was a low-league League or (iii) Ash is very bad at progressing and using his experience, two key factors in winning a League...

Even if it wasn't in this video, the Orange League saga has been mentioned throughout the series several times despite being a filler saga. It's canon
I don't think that any part of the anime is truly non-canon, not even the infamous sagas of BW and SM, but if you're using their inclusion in some random video as the ultimate proof of their canonicity, then their not including Orange Islands championship in the same video must mean its non-canonicity.
Magazines, trailers (not focused on past series) and tweets. Same as now mostly.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the video.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom