• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

Why ash is the "chosen one" in every movie that involves a chosen one.......Where are ho-oh and lugia? What ever happened to Giovanni's mewtwo?

oh yea! forgot the big one! WHY THE F*** IS ASH STILL 10 AFTER 15 seasons!!

1. He's the protagonist. Why make a new character when you use your protagonist?
2. Hidden. Legendaries arehunted down, so they hid themselves for their safety
3. It ran away and now presumably lives in Cerulean Cave (you know, the only place in the Pokeworld you can Mewtwo in the wild)
4. 15 seasons doesn't necessarily mean 15 years, plus he might have aged and they just didn't celebrate / showed the celebration
Naaah man they mention he's 10 everytime he begins his journey to a new region. In the first season when the gang gets back to viridian city to get the final earth badge ash mentions that "he cant believe its been a year since they've been to viridian" :p

Why ash is the "chosen one" in every movie that involves a chosen one.......Where are ho-oh and lugia? What ever happened to Giovanni's mewtwo?

oh yea! forgot the big one! WHY THE F*** IS ASH STILL 10 AFTER 15 seasons!!

1. He's the protagonist. Why make a new character when you use your protagonist?
2. Hidden. Legendaries arehunted down, so they hid themselves for their safety
3. It ran away and now presumably lives in Cerulean Cave (you know, the only place in the Pokeworld you can Mewtwo in the wild)
4. 15 seasons doesn't necessarily mean 15 years, plus he might have aged and they just didn't celebrate / showed the celebration
Naaah man they mention he's 10 everytime he begins his journey to a new region. In the first season when the gang gets back to viridian city to get the final earth badge ash mentions that "he cant believe its been a year since they've been to viridian" :p

Yeah Ash should at the very least be 15 or very close to it... they should have let him age up...

Let me put it is, Ash doesn't age because the company doesn't want to.
Doing so, that would mean other people would also need to age, meaning a lot of changes in design every now and then
And why need redesigns when they can stick with 10 year old Ash until they don't want to use him anymore

Which company?

Anyway, thinks that don't make sense:

1. Why do psychics as smart as supercomputers (Metagross, Alakazam, etc.) let themselves be held in what's essentially slavery?
2. Why does so much of their society revolve around one activity?
3. How does their government work? I refuse to believe that the Champion is in charge of a region because then 10-year-olds would be in charge of the state, so who actually runs things?
4. Is the Pokémon society democratic or not?
5. Where are the bathrooms?
6. Who do most people actually work for?
7. Why are so many houses one-story with no beds?
8. Why didn't Cynthia stop Cyrus when she could've? Are they both members of Team Galactic? Did Cynthia turn her back on him or something? Or was she scared that Cyrus would be able to beat her in the Pokémon League?

Which company?

1. Why do psychics as smart as supercomputers (Metagross, Alakazam, etc.) let themselves be held in what's essentially slavery?
3. How does their government work? I refuse to believe that the Champion is in charge of a region because then 10-year-olds would be in charge of the state, so who actually runs things?
8. Why didn't Cynthia stop Cyrus when she could've? Are they both members of Team Galactic? Did Cynthia turn her back on him or something? Or was she scared that Cyrus would be able to beat her in the Pokémon League?

1. Cause the Poke ball doesn't allow them to turn against their master. It's like an instant friendship boost. Now some Pokemon take longer to train etc. That's just my opinion.
2. Who's society?
3. What you're asking is in the game. Game isn't anything like Anime. Ash couldn't be Champion still. There probably are Governments that finance Pokemon Center and Police but we just didn't hear about them.
4. Probably not.
5. In hotels?
6. Depends. Some are Team Rocket some are Team Magma/Aqua some are Team Galactic etc. Most people are probably free will and don't work.
7. That how It is in the game which has nothing to do with the anime. Well almost.
8. Cause when she reached him those Golbat and Commanders were in the way. And he controlled Dialga and Palkia.

I think they aren't actually as smart as the games claim they are.

Because it doesn't matter to the plot, so we don't see it. There's probably more to it than just battles. We do see office clerks and sports players, after all. But besides that, if you lived in a world where you could avoid paying an electric bill if you owned enough Magnemite, what's the point of the Electric Company existing?

Why in the world are there Females in the Machop Family I mean look at them there bodies represent those of Males if that's the case shouldn't Male Jynx exist as well as Female Tyrouges and Hitmons it's redundant I mean at least give them the treatment that the Ralts Family received and give it a Female only evolution. I also find it a bit disturbing that Gothita can breed when it is clearly a baby yet Smoochum can't and it's almost identical though this would also mean that Solosis would also have to be made non-breedable as well since they are the Psychic Version exclusive Pokémon of Black and White.

Last edited:
What's not to get? Machops are lizard-esque body builders. Lizards don't have mammaries if that's what you're implying.

I think they're lizards of some kind anyhow.

Last edited:

Because the Pokédex is lying about its power level. Because its IQ can't be over 9000. That can't possibly be right. Can it?!

/old joke is old, but anyways

@Snubbull Lover 777 Huh? The Ralts family didn't get a female-only evolution. Gardevoir can be male and female and Gallade is a male-only evolution.

No what I meant was that the Ralts Family had a branched evolution based on one gender just like Snorunt's so what I was suggesting is that they'd give Machoke a female only evolution.

No what I meant was that the Ralts Family had a branched evolution based on one gender just like Snorunt's so what I was suggesting is that they'd give Machoke a female only evolution.

I agree. The thought of a girl with pecks and those legs deeply disturb me.

Adding would be okay, but I think they'll let the option to those that want to got he old way

I'm saying that by doing so, would be making Machamp essentially all - male (adding evolution and making Machamp only evolvable by Males)
And that simply wont happen ...

Which company?

1. You gain great experience in combat and free life-needed things without hunting and low risk of perminate injury with centers and such.
2. Because it was formed around it. Really, is it such different than the machines are fuels based society of today?
3. Regional government which employs police and such seems consistant with canon. Appently quite weak overall.
4. Nothing seems to suggest so.
5. In houses.
6. Corporations and such, as buissness is common class.
7. Conservation of detail. Most RPGs make areas smaller than they are to save space.
8. Plot. Your character must be the hero.

this might have been said before, but I think doesn't make sense is when some trainers you battle are little kids

this might have been said before, but I think doesn't make sense is when some trainers you battle are little kids

Why would that be so?
Pokemon are like pets, so parents would let their kids have it
And if they're tame ...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom