• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Happiness+Moon/Sun shine interfere with their energy making them change

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
He's not fast,he makes the ground around him move quickly in order to make him seem fast

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
Wait, GHOST-Types can breed, they're alive, they can BATTLE?! I thought ghosts were supposed to be dead!

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Somebody violated their graves and they come back to bite some ases but thhey were caught

Next :ksmile:

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Wait, GHOST-Types can breed, they're alive, they can BATTLE?! I thought ghosts were supposed to be dead!
They aren't dead per se, they are just ethereal. Manifestations of spirits and energy in a living, breathing form.

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
Hi Charmander! *Charmander gets hit by a Hydro Cannon* Aww, he's dead. :eek:hdear:

Oh look, a new Charmander! *Get stolen* HEY WAIT! COME BACK HERE! *Guy dives into the ocean* NOO! NOW HE'S GONNA DI-*Sees Charmander waving from underwater* Hey, wait, shouldn't he be dead? What is this I don't even-:complain:

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi Charmander! *Charmander gets hit by a Hydro Cannon* Aww, he's dead. :eek:hdear:

Oh look, a new Charmander! *Get stolen* HEY WAIT! COME BACK HERE! *Guy dives into the ocean* NOO! NOW HE'S GONNA DI-*Sees Charmander waving from underwater* Hey, wait, shouldn't he be dead? What is this I don't even-:complain:
Attacks hurt,diving doesn't

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Attack's have hurtful microorganism while normal water doesnt?

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Attacks possibly have special energy that can harm the energy of a Pokemon. I suppose you can explain this as Aura, but I don't want anyone to be confused with Lucario's Aura.

So, a Grass-type move has a Grass-type Aura. When this Aura comes in contact with, say, a Pokemon with a Water-type aura, it can harm them more than a Water-type just touching a plant.

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
Attack's have hurtful microorganism while normal water doesnt?
Ain't it the other way around? Both types of water should kill the Charmander because:

1)Water-Type moves are made for fighting. Many of the moves are powerful. Heck, even a puny Bubble attack would surely kill the 'Mander.

2)Water that has harmful amoeba in it should also kill the 'Mander. Remember the kid who died after swimming in the watr around the Golden Gate Bridge? Or was that made-up?

Offline for a while
Reaction score
In fact water touching a plant would be beneficial
Which is why Grass > Water. The Grass-type is helped by the Water, but I guess this isn't a good explanation because you might get confused with the grass type being healed..

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
If a grass type had water absorb it would be healed or not just unaffected

suming up there are things that aren't worth trying to understand

Bad Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Which is why Grass > Water. The Grass-type is helped by the Water, but I guess this isn't a good explanation because you might get confused with the grass type being healed..
That's exactly why all grass types should have water absorb.

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Fire > Grass > Water > Fire, etc. It's a Rock/Paper/Scissors triangle. They put this in the games because of the starter types. It's a trade off.