• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

Happiness+Moon/Sun shine interfere with their energy making them change

He's not fast,he makes the ground around him move quickly in order to make him seem fast

Wait, GHOST-Types can breed, they're alive, they can BATTLE?! I thought ghosts were supposed to be dead!

Somebody violated their graves and they come back to bite some ases but thhey were caught

Next :ksmile:

Wait, GHOST-Types can breed, they're alive, they can BATTLE?! I thought ghosts were supposed to be dead!

They aren't dead per se, they are just ethereal. Manifestations of spirits and energy in a living, breathing form.

Hi Charmander! *Charmander gets hit by a Hydro Cannon* Aww, he's dead. :eek:hdear:

Oh look, a new Charmander! *Get stolen* HEY WAIT! COME BACK HERE! *Guy dives into the ocean* NOO! NOW HE'S GONNA DI-*Sees Charmander waving from underwater* Hey, wait, shouldn't he be dead? What is this I don't even-:complain:

Hi Charmander! *Charmander gets hit by a Hydro Cannon* Aww, he's dead. :eek:hdear:

Oh look, a new Charmander! *Get stolen* HEY WAIT! COME BACK HERE! *Guy dives into the ocean* NOO! NOW HE'S GONNA DI-*Sees Charmander waving from underwater* Hey, wait, shouldn't he be dead? What is this I don't even-:complain:

Attacks hurt,diving doesn't

Attacks possibly have special energy that can harm the energy of a Pokemon. I suppose you can explain this as Aura, but I don't want anyone to be confused with Lucario's Aura.

So, a Grass-type move has a Grass-type Aura. When this Aura comes in contact with, say, a Pokemon with a Water-type aura, it can harm them more than a Water-type just touching a plant.

Attack's have hurtful microorganism while normal water doesnt?

Ain't it the other way around? Both types of water should kill the Charmander because:

1)Water-Type moves are made for fighting. Many of the moves are powerful. Heck, even a puny Bubble attack would surely kill the 'Mander.

2)Water that has harmful amoeba in it should also kill the 'Mander. Remember the kid who died after swimming in the watr around the Golden Gate Bridge? Or was that made-up?

In fact water touching a plant would be beneficial

Which is why Grass > Water. The Grass-type is helped by the Water, but I guess this isn't a good explanation because you might get confused with the grass type being healed..

If a grass type had water absorb it would be healed or not just unaffected

suming up there are things that aren't worth trying to understand

Fire > Grass > Water > Fire, etc. It's a Rock/Paper/Scissors triangle. They put this in the games because of the starter types. It's a trade off.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom