• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

At least the movie follows the anime storyline - after Ash left Charizard with Liza, he came all the way across to save Ash in the Entei movie.

But yeah - Ash met Celebi before the 13th movie, and there he's like OMG itsa celebi

Why aren't the movies canon?

The characters act as if the movies never happened, with the exception of the Lucario movie (where aura is mentioned in the anime and the entire basis of an episode). Some movies are canon to each other (the DPP trilogy for example), but just like the main series games aren't canon to the spin-offs and aren't canon to the manga, the anime and movies (again with some exception) aren't canon to each other.

So half the series isn't canon just because it isn't brought up regularly? They don't contradict anything, easily fit in, and as you point out are indeed referenced a number of times.

Movies aren't generally canon because that would create either a restriciton in the movie's plot or on the animé's plot later on
While they do follow a bit of the plot such as team changes
It doesn't really follow all the plot

In the climax of Pokémon Black/White, the castle rises to at least 60,000 feet (possibly as high as 100,000 feet). I estimate this from how the curvature of the earth and the blackness of the upper atmosphere can be seen.

The temperature there is well below freezing and the air is so thin that you will become unconscious in mere seconds.

How did Ash and everyone else not get killed by that?

Same goes for the high altitude balloon flight in that episode with the pudgy Pidgeys.

Hmm... let's see.... How a Machamp... In a speedo.... can use Attract :p Also, I question the wide Toxic learn-set... And, I also wonder- why does Cyrus look 70 years old when he is 28?

That you can fly on some Pokemon. ._.

EDIT:
And that Pokemon never actually die by moves. Some of them could really get to the point of killing a Pokemon, aka Thunder and Fire Blast.

In the climax of Pokémon Black/White, the castle rises to at least 60,000 feet (possibly as high as 100,000 feet). I estimate this from how the curvature of the earth and the blackness of the upper atmosphere can be seen.

The temperature there is well below freezing and the air is so thin that you will become unconscious in mere seconds.

How did Ash and everyone else not get killed by that?

Same goes for the high altitude balloon flight in that episode with the pudgy Pidgeys.

Ash did almost die in that movie. And I believe in the Pidgey episode they had oxygen masks (although I could be remembering wrong).
Or are you saying it was so high that he would have died before he even reached that point? Either way, lots of unrealistic stuff happens, such as people falling off cliffs and not getting injured.

Ash did almost die in that movie. And I believe in the Pidgey episode they had oxygen masks (although I could be remembering wrong).
Or are you saying it was so high that he would have died before he even reached that point? Either way, lots of unrealistic stuff happens, such as people falling off cliffs and not getting injured.

Ash would have become unconscious by the time he passed 30,000 feet. He'd be dead by the castle reached its peak altitude of 60,000+ feet.

The Pidgey episode did have oxygen masks but strangely enough they stopped using them at ~60,000 feet (again, estimated this how the curvature of the earth and the blackness of the upper atmosphere can be seen.) And of course, the cold air; they all should have froze to death.

Venomoth can't fly well enough to dodge ground attacks.. but Dodrio can... what?

A lot of the pokemon themselves don't make much sense either. but that's kind of a given with the nature of the series.

Also... GameFreak.. this is not how evolution works... just sayin'.

Pokemon needing HMs just to fly and surf, etc. That's like a human needing a HM just to walk.
Charizard can't learn Fly in Red/Blue.
How certain god-like legendaries such as Arceus and Dialga can be captured and owned by a 10 year old kid.

Why stronger Pokemon are rarer than weaker Pokemon. The stronger ones should be more successful, and therefore more common.

Also, Mew being the ancestor to all Pokemon (besides Arceus and family). A vertebrate as ancestor to invertebrates, they themselves ancestor to vertebrates? Crazy talk.

Octillery can learn flamethrower... "I'm a fire breathing octopus, you can't explain that!"

Wooper learning Ice Punch.

IT DOESN'T HAVE ARMS! Does a arm come out of Wooper's body or something? o-o

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Butterfree and Scyther cannot learn Fly, I mean WTF?

1.You can fight with the Pokemon that your surfing on in the water without drowning.

2.You can't go around rocks that are smaller then you.

3.PINSIR CAN'T EVOLVE YET!

4.Pokemon in the anime are seen flying, yet when captured you need to teach them.

there is only 1 room in the players house, where does your mother sleep?
there's no toilets either.

These are all simple Nintendo Logic.
Also, in R/S/E if you trade over a Charizard (its tail has a fire lit) and go underwater. Hey! It's a Relicanth! Go Charizard! Flamethrower! Hmm... it still land a hit on Relicanth but what about its tail?

NINTENDO LOGIC.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom