• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in Pokemon that don't make sense

-Why does scott drive a ford thunderbird?
-When ever the power goes out no one uses electric pokemon such as pikachu?
-Caitlyns hair
-how on some episodes the cars are both right and left hand drive and drive on both sides of the road?
-and how can ash not see through most of team rockets traps?

Electric's effectiveness on Flying and Ground. It would make more sense if it was super-effective on Ground and not very effective on Flying.

How Pokemon don't die from being electrocuted, burned, cursed, blown-up, hit in the heads with rocks, whacked by something that can level a mountain, falling into a rift in space, poisoned, sliced, bitten, eaten, and hit with highly corrosive acid. I know they're supposed to resist it, but are their bones harder than diamond?

And then there's Poke Assists. I don't think that throwing gravel or snowballs is going to win someone's friendship.

Did I mention that if Pokemon used real-life food web algorithms and all that, then there'd be a ton of Hydreigon and very few Bidoof?

Last edited:
The Striaton Gym Leaders didn't show up to battle the Seven Sages with you and the other gym leaders when Lenora still made it and her city is right next to Striaton City. Plus, it's called using "fly" to transport. Yet, they still knew about the incident. ._.

How Pokemon don't die from being electrocuted, burned, cursed, blown-up, hit in the heads with rocks, whacked by something that can level a mountain, falling into a rift in space, poisoned, sliced, bitten, eaten, and hit with highly corrosive acid. I know they're supposed to resist it, but are their bones harder than diamond?

V
Cyrus' computer said:
Capturing the Pokémon with a Poké Ball prevents it from using its full power.

>"Escavalier flies at high speeds during battle."
>Base Speed is 20
>
1235987671_dog-running-in-sleep.gif

>mfw

Why don't Jessie and James sell their mechs to make money?

In Generations 1-III Vine Whip dealt 35 damage and had only 10 PP, the same as Earthquake which dealt almost three times as much.

How Arceus can be such a bad parent. It banished one of it's children to an alternate plane of reality, made one blind, and left them all to govern the universe while they were children.

What I don't understand? That one guy in Celadon City with his Poliwrath. Saying, "I wonder if he will evolve into some sort of frog Pokemon one day." Derp.

Don't get me started on how Kyurem can be covered in normal ice in the middle of a desert, while on fire.

How Arceus isn't an instant win.

How Team Rocket gets blasted into 500 feet into the air for about 680 episodes and not even break a bone.

That most of the large Pokemon's weights don't make any sense. A 47-foot whale DOES NOT weigh 877.4 pounds! It would probably weigh at least 50,000 lbs, if not higher.

↑Definitely the Pokeball thing...

Also things like, Pidgy using Fly outside battle...

Or why can't you climb over the tree branch instead....

And probably most other things in the games.........

Especially the dancing men...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom